Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 20, 2017 12:26 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I don't really find them yellow.
No, I never seen anyone looking like a simpson irl.

Feb 20, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
Some sure have yellowish skin. The yellowest person I've ever met was a half-Chinese half-Russian girl, her skin was the color of a ripe lemon, amazingly.
Also major races are simplified under skin color labels, so Asians had to get one too, I guess?
Feb 20, 2017 12:40 PM

May 2013
yellow man, black man, red man, white man... it's a stretch to say any of us are actually these colors. They're all variations on brown and tan. But in many ways it is easier to use an actual pigment name to describe varying ethnicities.

In the case of Asians however I think it is often derogatory since in terms of skin color, they're often quite tan. Pretty close to white people really in terms of their spectrum. You really shouldn't call asians 'yellow people' haha.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 20, 2017 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
Their skin color has more of a yellowish hue than white people. Japanese people to me are the exception.
Feb 20, 2017 12:45 PM

Feb 2014
i guess its more of a gold tone rather than yellow whereas white people look pink af
Feb 20, 2017 12:52 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Well doesn't matter, matter at all...
Real more attractive colour of skin for me is white, not pink or human.
And the closer is albinos. Anime.
So yeah my waifu is best colour, masterrace.

Well so it comes from European people? Would seem quite logical since America lands were mostly European collonies right?

Feb 20, 2017 1:15 PM

Oct 2015
because they all wash in yellow river
Feb 20, 2017 1:36 PM

Oct 2012
they have that yellow skin that looks like they bathe in dirty polluted yellow chemical laden waters like in china
Feb 20, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
Eastern Asians are fair skinned with a yellow under-tone. Similar to how some Europeans are light skinned but have a red-undertone where their skin appears to be pink in colour. The undertone in EAs is due to more fat storage which appears yellow in colour. Though this can vary person to person.

Feb 20, 2017 1:45 PM

May 2013
Star_Boy said:
they have that yellow skin that looks like they bathe in dirty polluted yellow chemical laden waters like in china

if you're referring to the Yellow River, nobody really bathes in that. It's not like the Ganges.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 20, 2017 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
me either
some are either very pale skin or a little brownish
but a lot of stereotypes come from rural communities so maybe that plays a role
Feb 20, 2017 3:12 PM

Aug 2016
its more of a gold, meaning they are more valuable than the rest of us, protect the Asian cuties.
Feb 20, 2017 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
From birth, we have been taught to sort everything into colors, including race, apparently.
But when you think about it, Caucasian people aren't truly white, and dark-skinned people aren't black either. Therefore, we must also conclude that Asian people aren't yellow.
Feb 20, 2017 8:15 PM

Dec 2014
Many have a yellowish tone including me, it will also depend on what Asian country you're talking about. I'm half Chinese and half Malaysian

Feb 20, 2017 8:19 PM

Jan 2017
Well, I mean, I'm half Korean and half Japanese, but I'm white as shit. Like bleached white.

Its because when the Europeans landed in Asia, we were dirty and we would sit in the sun for some time, giving us that yellow look back then. But its 2017, things changed for the better.
DuhDaDa!
Heres my sig.
FUCK OFF
Feb 20, 2017 9:31 PM

Mar 2013
I heard Asians are born with jaundice
Feb 20, 2017 9:35 PM
Mar 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
Their skin color has more of a yellowish hue than white people. Japanese people to me are the exception.

Ainu and other Tribal people liek teh Sui in China or the Chin in Burma are more dark skinned or red as osme might say
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 20, 2017 9:52 PM

Nov 2009
Lolsebca said:
No, I never seen anyone looking like a simpson irl.
My freshmen year I had an Asian roommate who was literally yellow like a Simpson character in the picture for his school ID card . . . of course he didn't look yellow irl, but the lighting was just right that he was literally a Simpson character.
Feb 20, 2017 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
If everything people said made sense, things wouldn't make sense.

Feb 23, 2017 11:04 PM

Apr 2014
Marrone said:
Eastern Asians are fair skinned with a yellow under-tone. Similar to how some Europeans are light skinned but have a red-undertone where their skin appears to be pink in colour. The undertone in EAs is due to more fat storage which appears yellow in colour. Though this can vary person to person.

This.

Although the color of the skin is something objective, there is also much subjectivism about this.
For example, some Native American tribes saw to Germanic Europeans as "Red" because of the pink color on their skin.
"Additional colors" also exist in other ethnic groups, so we can see olive skins in Latin Europeans and peach skin in Slavic Europeans. Similar logic applies to Eastern Asia people with "yellow".

_Nemrod_Feb 24, 2017 1:42 AM

Feb 23, 2017 11:09 PM

Oct 2015
6Nimrod6 said:
Although the color of the skin is something objective, there is also much subjectivism about this.
Although I agree with this in part, there is also much disagreement.
[left] (◕‿◕✿)
Feb 23, 2017 11:13 PM

Apr 2014
Lo-Lee-Ta said:
6Nimrod6 said:

Do you read the entire comment?
Why are you disagreeing?

Feb 23, 2017 11:28 PM

Oct 2015
6Nimrod6 said:
Lo-Lee-Ta said:

Why are you disagreeing?
Did you read the entire comment?

I'm disagreeing because I don't agree with you haphazardly giving duality of sub/objectivity to it.
[left] (◕‿◕✿)
Feb 23, 2017 11:36 PM

Apr 2014
Lo-Lee-Ta said:
6Nimrod6 said:

Why are you disagreeing?

I'm disagreeing because I don't agree with you haphazardly giving duality of sub/objectivity to it.

Your comment did not have explanation, therefore, your question is not valid.

When we talk about skin color, we talk about an objective existence because this one is independent of the perception of the receiver.
However we also talk about something subjective, because the name of skin color (name of existing object) is perceived and named by the receiver.
_Nemrod_Feb 23, 2017 11:43 PM

Feb 23, 2017 11:55 PM

Oct 2015
6Nimrod6 said:
Lo-Lee-Ta said:

Your comment did not have explanation, therefore, your question is not valid.

When we speak of the color of the skin, we speak of an objective existence because this one is independent of the perception of the receiver.
However we also talk about something subjective, because the name of skin color (name of existing object) is perceived and named by the receiver.
I thought my mimicry was explanation enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But anyway.

More than the content, I'm really just objecting to the contradiction.

What you're missing here is that, yes, the 'receiver' perceives the generalisation of skin colour, "white, black, yellow" as having an objective quality, it however doesn't actually mean that it's "objective". If it was truly who would contest it? It's just appearance. Objective in its linguistic use (everybody knows what you mean when you say "that black guy"). In this sense you're right. But his skin colour is nothing but subjective when you consider the colour itself—and is this not what we're actually discussing in this thread?
[left] (◕‿◕✿)
Feb 24, 2017 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
Lo-Lee-Ta said:
I thought my mimicry was explanation enough. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
But anyway.

More than the content, I'm really just objecting to the contradiction.

What you're missing here is that, yes, the 'receiver' perceives the generalisation of skin colour, "white, black, yellow" as having an objective quality, it however doesn't actually mean that it's "objective". If it was truly who would contest it? It's just appearance. Objective in its linguistic use (everybody knows what you mean when you say "that black guy"). In this sense you're right. But his skin colour is nothing but subjective when you consider the colour itself—and is this not what we're actually discussing in this thread?

There is no contradiction, because when I talk about objective existence I refer to the skin color itself (Europeans) , while when I talk about subjective aspects I refer to the receptor perception (Native Americans) and the way in which color names are assigned to certain skin colors.
For some Native American groups, many Germanic Europeans are not "white" but "red", whereas Germanic Europeans perceive themselves as "white".
In both we see a subjectivism whose evaluation takes us to the objective reality (Many Germanic Europeans have a skin that harmonizes the white color with the red one).
For there to be contradiction, it is necessary that one of the factors evaluated (skin color, color names and perception) affirm and deny one thing at the same time.
I'm not missing here, because when I talk about the objective existence of skin color, I never said that it was summed up in White, Yellow and Black.
The question of this thread leads to an answer that is necessarily explained with subjective reasons, however, the question comes from the clash between objective reality and the social constructions derived from perceptions.

In any case, maybe the mistake is in the expression (not the idea):
I should have said : "Although the color of the skin is something objective, there is also much subjectivism about this topic" or "Although the color of the skin is something objective, there is also much subjectivism with respect to the name assigned to the skin color"
_Nemrod_Feb 24, 2017 2:15 AM

Feb 24, 2017 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
they needed to be classified i guess
Feb 24, 2017 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
@Marrone, @6Nimrod6: going by the Under-Tone/Hue of the Skin-Color, you'd think that Amerindians have more in common with White Caucasians than with Mongoloids. Also, how do you call People with a blue Under-Tone?
Feb 24, 2017 4:11 PM

Jan 2015
Noboru said:
@Marrone, @6Nimrod6: going by the Under-Tone/Hue of the Skin-Color, you'd think that Amerindians have more in common with White Caucasians than with Mongoloids. Also, how do you call People with a blue Under-Tone?

I always thought bluish skin was due to a mixture of different undertones. Never really came across anyone with such a skin tone so I'm not sure. But colder climates cause skin to appear blue due to oxygen/blood supply. Your veins become more visible.

Feb 24, 2017 4:22 PM

Jan 2009
Marrone said:
I always thought bluish skin was due to a mixture of different undertones. Never really came across anyone with such a skin tone so I'm not sure. But colder climates cause skin to appear blue due to oxygen/blood supply. Your veins become more visible.
It has more to do with from where you look and the Light-Conditions. Also, it's usually restricted to fair-skinned People, who used to be almost solely the Nobles.

Still, interesting Thought with the Climate. Does that mean, that Amerinidians have a similar Climate like the Germanic Europeans?
Feb 24, 2017 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
I'm half Filipino half Italian. My skin has been a yellowish tint, red, brown, and during the winter I turn white. I go through all the phases depending on the season and how often I stay outside.
Feb 24, 2017 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
because i gave your girlfriend a golden shower

Feb 24, 2017 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
@Noboru Amerindians have a reddish hue hence why the British colonizers in America (US) used to call the Native Americans "Red Indians" (currently a derogatory term)

The Amerindians were originally from Siberia before they crossed over to the Americas.

DateYutaka said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Ainu and other Tribal people liek teh Sui in China or the Chin in Burma are more dark skinned or red as osme might say
I know but I was talking about in general. There are South East Asians that have more of a brownish color like Indonesians , Cambodians.
DrGeroCreationFeb 24, 2017 4:56 PM
Feb 24, 2017 4:49 PM

Jan 2015
Noboru said:
Marrone said:
It has more to do with from where you look and the Light-Conditions. Also, it's usually restricted to fair-skinned People, who used to be almost solely the Nobles.

Still, interesting Thought with the Climate. Does that mean, that Amerinidians have a similar Climate like the Germanic Europeans?

Amerindians are quite diverse and have lots of sub-types but they mostly resemble mongoloids in terms of facial features and skull shape. Climate wise yes the ones in North America developed a skin tone similar to Germanic Europeans. Though I would say there are still noticeable differences.

Feb 24, 2017 6:24 PM
Feb 24, 2017 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Noboru said:
@Marrone, @6Nimrod6: going by the Under-Tone/Hue of the Skin-Color, you'd think that Amerindians have more in common with White Caucasians than with Mongoloids.

In a way, yes.
While it is true that the Native Americans have predominantly Mongoloids ancestors, it is equally true that they also have Caucasian ancestry and some of their languages ​​have many similarities with the Scandinavian languages.

According to the French-Argentine anthropologist Jacques de Mahieu, the Trojans and Templars were also in the New World.
On the other hand, If we see the Mayas pyramids, we can suspect that their ancestors had contact with Nimrod (Mesopotamia) and Mizraim (Egypt).

---------
The white and bearded god of Mesoamerica, Quetzalcoatl (The "Feathered Serpent"). Manuscript XVI century.

Mummies of Paracas (Peru)

Even now, we can find Native Americans looking very peculiar in a mountainous area (2000 meters above sea level)

---------

If we talk about East Asia and Rusia, we see pictures that offer interesting comparisons:

Chinese and Amerindian

Russian and Amerindian

Old photo of Korea

Interesting right?

Noboru said:
Also, how do you call People with a blue Under-Tone?

Haha I have no idea. I need an example.
_Nemrod_Feb 25, 2017 9:40 PM

Feb 24, 2017 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
Many do have yellow-ish skin, it's just not strikingly yellow. Frankly, I'm European and my skin takes a yellow-ish/gold-ish tint in some light. Nords often have golden skin when tanned.
Feb 25, 2017 11:53 AM

Jan 2009
@DrGeroCreation: Wow, they look really redish, even when they're more tanned! I thought "Redskin" was the Term used only for the North American Amerindians with a pale Complexion.

@Marrone: They have been classified as Mongoloids because of the Shape of their Skulls and their facial Features, if I'm not mistaken. Does that mean, that it's not the Subgroup that is important for the exact Under-Tone, but rather the Climate?
How many Generations are needed for a "Yellowskin" to become a "Redskin" or vice verse?

@6Nimrod6: Interesting; I didn't know that the Amerindians are actually a Hybrid of Mongoloids and Caucasians. I thought, that any Mixing whatsoever would be the Result of Europeans coming to the Americas. The Amerindians having blond Hair is something New to me; I was aware of the Melanesians, but I didn't expect other Peoples aside from them and Europeans + Middle Easterners to have blonde Hair.

Similarities between their Languages and the Scandinavian ones sounds almost like Erhard Landmann were right with his Method of Deciphering Hieroglyphs in his Work (in German):

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20140214123800/http://www.fastwalkers.de/00000198670085403/03c1989aeb0e00a04/index.html
(you have to copy and paste the whole Stuff in the Link, as the Forum Software doesn't recognize Dual-Links as one; the Links are what has been translated in English of the Works of the Author).

According to him, "Quetzalcoatl" comes from the Old High German Terms quetz (where "qu" was one of the Forms to write a W- or in English rather: V-Sound) = wissen/to know, al = alles/all and cuat, cuot or cot = der Gute, der Gott (the Good one, the God).
So it's more like "the all-knowing God", rather than a Serpent in the Skies or with Feathers.

edit: The Stuff about People with a blue Under-Tone was just a Joke. Having "blue Blood" is just an Expression that is used for People of Noble Birth (though it's been used here quite common in an ironic Sense as well).
But if you want Examples, here are "Blue Persons":

As for me, I'm Blue :p
NoboruMay 1, 2018 7:59 AM
Feb 25, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2007
I can't tell if you're saying Asians or Aztecs. Besides, I've never seen a yellow person in anime.

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you?

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

21 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

soniyay - Apr 14

29 by DigiCat »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » People who leave MAL (finish the thought)

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

4 by deg »»
30 minutes ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - 5 hours ago

5 by deg »»
40 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

36 by ninjaberserker »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.