Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2017 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well Kobayashi is back but I don't think he's back like 100% the way he was before.

Really feel bad for him. Everything changed for Kobayashi ever since he got shot and his mental state seems more fragile than ever. Not to mention, his past didn't look pleasant either. Poor guy.
Feb 20, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
Kobayashi is having more memories. They don't look really good. His mother looks really sick and he was abused by his father. Now everyone is helping him to find the place it happened at.
Feb 20, 2017 12:00 PM
Oct 2016
Poor Kobayashi! I feel so bad for him!! Is it just me or is this anime getting better bit by bit?
Feb 20, 2017 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
This episode left us with so many questions! Hopefully we'll get some answers next week.
...And maybe Hanasaki will become less annoying?

Interesting how we saw his powers react when his father(?) threw him against the wall, but not when he kicked him?

Not a fan of this ending though.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Feb 20, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2016
Guhh I was waiting whole week for the tragic past reveal and now I have to wait another one??
I liked the episode and it's good they're taking their time, but still!!!
Anyway I feel bad for Kobayashi :c
ONEE_CHAN_ said:
Poor Kobayashi! I feel so bad for him!! Is it just me or is this anime getting better bit by bit?
It's not just you, I think so too.
At first I thought it was a bad/mediocre anime and was watching it only because I fell in love with the edginess and emoness of Kobayashi (I know I have a pretty weird taste :D), but since the first half ended I'm actually getting more and more interested in the story itself.
Koba-chin's still in the first place, though.

Feb 20, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2016
Finnaly a better episode, loved the flashbacks!
Nanika ga Okashii
Feb 20, 2017 1:04 PM
Aug 2015
Wow, poor Kobayashi, I almost cried... I'm so sad for him. Hope he'll get better soon and that Hanasaki will be the one helping him.
Noro did a good job lol!

The pictures in the ending were really beautiful!
Feb 20, 2017 1:26 PM

Dec 2014
Looks like Kobayashi is still traumatized, will Hanaski finally pull himself together?
Feb 20, 2017 1:27 PM
Jun 2015
Hanasaki has been really annoying for quite a few episodes now, i hope they resolve his bitchy attitude soon. My biggest problem with this show is that over the course of both cours they have raised so many questions episode after episode that at this point i don't think they have enough episodes left in the season to give it a proper conclusion.
Feb 20, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
blixie said:
This episode left us with so many questions! Hopefully we'll get some answers next week.
...And maybe Hanasaki will become less annoying?

Interesting how we saw his powers react when his father(?) threw him against the wall, but not when he kicked him?

Not a fan of this ending though.

perhaps then might had been the first manifestation of his power, who knows
damn...this episode was good
poor kobayashi :(
The spider is watching
Feb 20, 2017 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
Kobayashi gets more memories back, his mom died because she couldn't handle giving birth to him and the dad hates him now.
Hanasaki getting back into his old self with nono's help.
20 faces on that space thing :O
Feb 20, 2017 2:11 PM
Jun 2012
Sh0g0Mak1sh1ma said:
Hanasaki has been really annoying for quite a few episodes now, i hope they resolve his bitchy attitude soon.

For me it's the rest of the club who are annoying and bitchy. Especially Inoue. Honestly, Hanasaki was always bright and cheerful, trying to keep high spirit even when things weren't so great. Then something really awful happens and everyone is giving him cold shoulder. He's obviously blaming himself for falling into a trap of a man who has them all fooled all the time, and Inoue is acting like "yeah, you suck, you should feel bad". What would you have him do? Just go back to his old self and ignore the issue? He is not that dense, and everyone's attitude makes it all but impossible anyway. Yeah, he's stuck, he doesn't know what to do, because it's a freaking mess and his "friends" appear to abandon him and he's just a messed up teenage boy.
Feb 20, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2015
He's having more memories.

ONEE_CHAN_ said:
Is it just me or is this anime getting better bit by bit?

It's actually getting worse.

Feb 20, 2017 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
This is getting and now even Akechi left us thrilled! Haha,
Feb 20, 2017 5:12 PM

May 2015
Lol, that ending. There goes Akechi!

Feb 20, 2017 6:39 PM

Jan 2016
pretty messy for them, but all i really care about is how the older couple is cute again with 2x20 faces, this will be fun.

also curious if he was the one to kill his mother.
the line "...just reminds me im living"

Feb 20, 2017 8:07 PM

Sep 2016
We finally see more on Kobayashi's past! He had a sick Mother and his Father beat him because he never wanted a child. Poor Koba...
That ending with Akechi though ... what? I am so confused. Is he working with twenty-faces now? Was he twenty-faces all along? What the hell! I don't get it!
Feb 20, 2017 11:06 PM

Jul 2013
Elfster said:
Sh0g0Mak1sh1ma said:
Hanasaki has been really annoying for quite a few episodes now, i hope they resolve his bitchy attitude soon.

For me it's the rest of the club who are annoying and bitchy. Especially Inoue. Honestly, Hanasaki was always bright and cheerful, trying to keep high spirit even when things weren't so great. Then something really awful happens and everyone is giving him cold shoulder. He's obviously blaming himself for falling into a trap of a man who has them all fooled all the time, and Inoue is acting like "yeah, you suck, you should feel bad". What would you have him do? Just go back to his old self and ignore the issue? He is not that dense, and everyone's attitude makes it all but impossible anyway. Yeah, he's stuck, he doesn't know what to do, because it's a freaking mess and his "friends" appear to abandon him and he's just a messed up teenage boy.

I agree, I can't believe they're still acting like this. Either tell Hanasaki to fuck off or forgive him already. Inoue giving him the death stare has really gotten old.
Feb 21, 2017 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
Kobayashi..fell bad for the guy..I think he killed his father or something
Feb 21, 2017 10:24 AM

Aug 2016
So... many... freaking... eye... shots

Pretty good episode despite the ending. Good to get the shit I wanted from the start -- also not to sure why I'm still watching this lol.
Feb 21, 2017 3:51 PM
Aug 2013
Ferris wheel huh? Interesting how Kobayashi's home is actually a carriage for a ferris wheel.
Feb 21, 2017 8:08 PM
Mar 2012
Kobayashi's dad blames him for her illness.
Hana emo derps way too much. Inoue's cold but he opened the door & waited for Hana, it's the pos who backed out. Now he's back with those shady new friends (probably related to 20face).
20face adds another terrible fashion mask groot. Akechi also goes 20face biggest twist.
Feb 21, 2017 9:09 PM
Oct 2016
Ununpentium said:
Guhh I was waiting whole week for the tragic past reveal and now I have to wait another one??
ONEE_CHAN_ said:
At first I thought it was a bad/mediocre anime and was watching it only because I fell in love with the edginess and emoness of Kobayashi (I know I have a pretty weird taste :D), but since the first half ended I'm actually getting more and more interested in the story itself.

I like that taste! Honestly its the same for me!
Feb 21, 2017 10:51 PM

Apr 2016
ONEE_CHAN_ said:
Ununpentium said:

I like that taste! Honestly its the same for me!
Hahaha yaaay! I'm not alone! High five!

Feb 22, 2017 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
The three ending sequences which we have seen so far featuring Gackt's "Original Sin" are great, but I can't say the same for the drop in animation quality :|
allo
Feb 23, 2017 1:43 PM
Mar 2016
Oh man, it looks like Kobayashi is born to a dysfunctional family, his otosan doesn't like him, his okasan is sick and has died, so how the fuck did he got that kind of power is unclear. Now what is Akechi up to?
Feb 24, 2017 8:13 AM
Feb 2017
Isaidlunch said:
Elfster said:

I agree, I can't believe they're still acting like this. Either tell Hanasaki to fuck off or forgive him already. Inoue giving him the death stare has really gotten old.

THIS... Inoue is really pissing me off, he needs to get over himself. Hanasaki was the driving force and spirit of the club. There's no wonder why its so dead now. He's shown a lot of remorse already but he's ultimately taken aback by the chilly reception he's been given especially from Inoue. Inoue can go wheel himself into a ditch somewhere with his crappy cold attitude.

I need Kobayashi and Hanasaki back together!
Feb 24, 2017 3:52 PM

Dec 2007

Is that grown up Kobayashi in this picture? (*゚ロ゚)
Feb 26, 2017 3:39 PM

Oct 2015
Everyone in this show is getting really annoying especially Inoue
Mar 6, 2017 5:59 AM

Jan 2016
hahaha I like scenes of this episode. The red haired guy is certainly a good guy lol. Thanks to him and noro, I think he's going back to his normal cherish personality.. The ED art is great but the last spoof is just silly. ewh.
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Jul 2, 2017 5:02 PM

Feb 2010
Elfster said:
Sh0g0Mak1sh1ma said:

This is the best answer for all this anime! Is what I was thinking all the time. Because we can see many times that Hanasaki tried to give himself a chance to see if the club still wanted him but Inoue said no, it was pretty clear. His WAS trying to be bright like always when we saw him at the psychologist but he couldn't find his place anymore. And he WANTED to be with Kobayashi, to be forgiven, even if Kobayashi had already. He felt like he always bring problems to them and left. And its totally true that 20 faces confused everyone's minds and everyone already knew what he was able to do. Wasn't his fault.
And at least to me, the anime isn't boring, the plot was getting more deep after many episodes, when we could see the superficial of the characters first. But I'm still confused as to when Akechi discovered that 20 faces was a man lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2017

61 by Poodles »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2017

24 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:14 AM

» Worth your time ?

SilverFever - Sep 22, 2017

8 by Maackkk »»
Feb 2, 2021 2:46 AM

» has this anime improved any since the first few episodes?

metadata - Nov 14, 2016

17 by SofiaBulga »»
Oct 23, 2019 2:18 AM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2016

42 by PrideRoyalIvy »»
Sep 12, 2018 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.