Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gabriel Dropout
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that bear outfit.

Glad to see an episode focused more on Vignette. Too bad Vignette got sick I did think the episode felt pretty silly though like the Cerberus song and Satania's food taken away by a dog (ha, again). Vigentte's delusion of Gab was also kinda silly. Maybe they should keep that theme song...
Feb 20, 2017 6:40 AM

Apr 2010
This episode made one thing clean.
Vigne's wings are slowly turning white while Gabriel's wings are slowly turning black.
It was funny to see Vigne counting sheep as well.
Not to mention seeing here trying to behave bad.
Feb 20, 2017 7:31 AM
Nov 2013
The Gabriel lullaby at the end is too adorable.

When's the OST again?

^^
Feb 20, 2017 8:25 AM

Dec 2015
yeup another great episode from my favorite anime this season
hi
Feb 20, 2017 8:40 AM

Jan 2012
2nd best-girl Vigne-centric outing. Her high-fiving best-girl Satania and the counting sheep parodies were the highlights.
Feb 20, 2017 8:54 AM
May 2012
love this series so far, maybe the best new comedy of the season (as konosuba is clearly the best comedy)

satania is my favorite girl, she is dumb but super cute and hilarious
Feb 20, 2017 8:55 AM
May 2012
Drock34000 said:

i still like konosuba more, but gabriel drop out is my favorite new show for sure, i am a bit dissapointed with masumune kuns revenge, its good but it could be better

gabriel dropout is clearly the best new show of the season IMO
Feb 20, 2017 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
I would have never thought that an episode centered in Vigne would be that funny until watching this episode. It's also one of the few episodes who made me genuinely laugh a bit, and, for this series, that's something.

But, really, Vigne? Asking how to be a bad girl to the nicest guy in the city? Lmao.
Feb 20, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
Gabriel and Vigne aren't getting paid because they're not acting how they're supposed to be. Vigne trying to do bad deeds was funny. She looks cut in the bear outfit.
Feb 20, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2015
That settles it. Vigne have no "talent" of being bad, even though she's a devil. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2013
Vigne is just too adorably not evil for me to handle.
Feb 20, 2017 9:40 AM
Jan 2017
I don't know, everyone is saying this episode is good but for it was very sloooow. :T
Feb 20, 2017 9:44 AM

Sep 2013
Akuma

A kuma

Get it?
Feb 20, 2017 9:51 AM

Oct 2012
Firephoenix544 said:
I don't know, everyone is saying this episode is good but for it was very sloooow. :T
That's generally what these kinds of shows do though. SoL/CGDCT with added comedy or some other supplemental genre is pretty standard nowadays, not saying it's bad, as I am enjoying this anime. Just saying that while it might not try to be that way, most shows that follow day to day life are a little slower.

I was also happy that Gabriel seemed to have at least a small amount of humanity left in her. Vigne was perf as usual. Satania - 0, Inu - 4(5?) forgot how many times Satania's been rekt by Inu-sama
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 20, 2017 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
gust11 said:
Satania - 0, Inu - 4(5?) forgot how many times Satania's been rekt by Inu-sama

That dog somehow popped out from Vigne's house or something. He's cheating at this point.
Feb 20, 2017 9:55 AM
Jan 2017
gust11 said:
Firephoenix544 said:
That's generally what these kinds of shows do though. SoL/CGDCT with added comedy or some other supplemental genre is pretty standard nowadays, not saying it's bad, as I am enjoying this anime. Just saying that while it might not try to be that way, most shows that follow day to day life are a little slower.

I was also happy that Gabriel seemed to have at least a small amount of humanity left in her. Vigne was perf as usual. Satania - 0, Inu - 4(5?) forgot how many times Satania's been rekt by Inu-sama

I see what you mean. I just felt slower than normal, though it's most likely due to how the comedy is set up in this episode. In most the other episodes, the comedy is set up based on reactions, while in this one is more of the lack and the awkward pause of nothingness as no one reacts at all.

Maybe not my cup of tea coffee. Find the rest of the show great, though.
Feb 20, 2017 9:58 AM
May 2014
the gab counting song at the end was fcking adorable
Feb 20, 2017 10:12 AM
Jan 2017
i thought it was cute tbh
Feb 20, 2017 10:13 AM

May 2016
Vigne was deserving of her own episode now Satania needs her's!

Also, I think I'll start counting Gabriels when I'm trying to go to sleep.
Feb 20, 2017 10:19 AM

Sep 2016
hmm, nice slice of life episode of the least bad character, vigne right there

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 20, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2012
SJ7izm said:
gust11 said:
Satania - 0, Inu - 4(5?) forgot how many times Satania's been rekt by Inu-sama

That dog somehow popped out from Vigne's house or something. He's cheating at this point.
He's obviously the Demon Lord in disguise. Who else could commit such a vile act as sprinkling on THE NEXT QUEEN OF HELL, SATANIAAAAAA derp

Firephoenix544 said:
I see what you mean. I just felt slower than normal, though it's most likely due to how the comedy is set up in this episode. In most the other episodes, the comedy is set up based on reactions, while in this one is more of the lack and the awkward pause of nothingness as no one reacts at all.

Maybe not my cup of tea coffee. Find the rest of the show great, though.
Yeah, I can definitely understand that. In general this show has that straight-man/funny-man act, which is generally completely reactive in nature, but this episode definitely prolonged the reactive portion until nearly the end. I guess this was a more drawn out gag to try to build up to one punchline at the end, though I can see how that might not appeal to everyone.
It's like
Some people obviously thought it didn't need to be that drawn out but for me personally, some of the slower-burning jokes are tolerable in moderation. The Humanity Has Declined ep I referenced gets a free pass since I was extremely invested in the events and characters through some awesome allusions and dramatic irony, and seeing as how this is only periodic atm for Gabriel DropOut, I'm also inclined to tolerate it, though it definitely can't compare to Humanity, though that has more to do with the respective nature of said series.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 20, 2017 11:14 AM
Aug 2014
I was really tired when I watched this episode, the Gab count at the end almost puts me to sleep, lol.
Feb 20, 2017 11:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
These fucking subs man. So many stupid translations =__=
Feb 20, 2017 11:19 AM

Nov 2011
Vigne is a demonic cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure
and the counting parts were simple too adorable
Feb 20, 2017 11:22 AM

May 2014
What a wonderful episode Vigne was really cute on that bear costume good job Raph and I see what pun you used A-Kuma(bear)

Vigne acting bad was really funny maybe she and gab has been swapped xD

Gab really cares about but doesnt want to show it

Inu-sama still the undefeated ,

That Gab song was pretty adorable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2016
HaXXspetten said:
itadakimas = praise the dark lord! amen!

i'm 12 btw haHAA
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 20, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
Who loves Vigne-chan too /(♥˳♥)\

Feb 20, 2017 11:48 AM

Mar 2016
How this show has digressed into randomness.
It had so much going for it and it all crumbled to nothingness.
This was unbearable to watch.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Feb 20, 2017 12:08 PM

May 2012
hoshigaki_kisame said:
Drock34000 said:

i still like konosuba more, but gabriel drop out is my favorite new show for sure, i am a bit dissapointed with masumune kuns revenge, its good but it could be better

gabriel dropout is clearly the best new show of the season IMO

I don't think Gabriel DropOut is nowhere near as good a Youjo Senki. I also think Urara Meirochou is funnier and the MOE in there is top notch.

This episode was really nice, but it was more MOE than funny and this anime is a comedy. If this anime were more focused in being MOE with some jokes here and there it would been much better. Most of the jokes (not all) are unfunny anyway.

JohnTron said:
How this show has digressed into randomness.
It had so much going for it and it all crumbled to nothingness.
This was unbearable to watch.

I think the episode was good, but if you were expecting it to be funny then i guess you could say it was disappointing in that sense. Though i think this anime was only really funny in the first episode and the rest of the episodes didn't make me laugh even once. I did like Tapris episode though.
KaeUBWFeb 20, 2017 12:15 PM
I despise woke people.

Dec 2016
I can summarize this episode in 3 words:
That highfive though

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
VIGNE THE ANIME! I LOVE IT!

Jun 2016
It was alright. Vignette is really cute, but she's my least favorite of the four girls.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Feb 20, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
Vigne ep <3
Trying to be bad but keeps failing and that gab sheep song XD

I know some bad deeds for Vigne ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Those subs thou.
ichii_1Feb 20, 2017 12:20 PM
Feb 20, 2017 12:13 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I find the difference between MAL and Reddit quite funny. Reddit people mostly say that this is one of the best if not the best episode yet ;)
Feb 20, 2017 12:15 PM

Sep 2016
Smudy said:
I find the difference between MAL and Reddit quite funny. Reddit people mostly say that this is one of the best if not the best episode yet ;)
reddit is a point-based-system community. either be positive no matter what or gtfo
CrossAnge

Feb 20, 2017 12:24 PM

Apr 2016
Woah I now see where to story is leading!!! "Thank you darklord amen"
Feb 20, 2017 12:28 PM
May 2012
ComputerBreath said:
Vigne was deserving of her own episode now Satania needs her's!

Also, I think I'll start counting Gabriels when I'm trying to go to sleep.

wasnt last episode titled "satania's counterattack?"
Feb 20, 2017 12:29 PM
May 2012
OP said:

poor vinge cannot be evil even when she tries!!!
Feb 20, 2017 12:36 PM
May 2012
DW_lazy said:
I can summarize this episode in 3 words:
That highfive though

my 4 words would be
that black outfit though

Feb 20, 2017 12:37 PM

Apr 2016
hoshigaki_kisame said:
OP said:

She "skipped class" and even wore baggy socks!!!!!!!!! Such evil.
Feb 20, 2017 12:46 PM

Dec 2016
OP said:
hoshigaki_kisame said:

She also undone one of her shirt's button, unbearable evil deeds!!!

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Feb 20, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
DW_lazy said:
OP said:

She also undone one of her shirt's button, unbearable evil deeds!!!

At least we know Gabriel is still good :D well kinda :c she now has no money for microtransations though.
Feb 20, 2017 12:53 PM

Mar 2008
Oh that Cerberus and Gabriel lullaby song is far too cute for words! I'll never be able to stop listening to them now lol. And of course White Dog comes to torment Satania again. The brown dog from the first episode also returned again.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Feb 20, 2017 2:04 PM

Dec 2014
Vignette's so pure she sucks at being evil. Then again, learning how to be evil from a dude who was a delinquent several years ago isn't the best of ideas. Times change.

And counting sheep! Or is it Cerberus? Or Gabriel? Who knows. Love when she forcibly kicked Satania, Raphiel, and Gabriel out. Vignette's chemistry with the angels is really well-done in my opinion. They treat her surprisingly nicely. (They don't really do anything of bad intent to her, only Satania)

Also, at this point, I won't be surprised if someone beats the shit out of that dog. Considering a lot of the dog stuff is anime original to begin with, they could just make a gag where it steals from Gabriel or something and she turns into her angel form and beats the shit out of it to "make it learn some manners."
Feb 20, 2017 2:16 PM

Nov 2015
Fun episode. Vignette is cute and pure.

Feb 20, 2017 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
Aaaaaand the dog strikes once more on poor Satania. Could someone teach that dog a lesson already? D=

Anyway, this episode doesn't top last weeks, but it was still very good, filled with a lot of Vigne sweetness. Her attempts to become more 'evil' was really adorable and funny. =3

She doesn't know how to count sheep and go to sleep, so she used Ceberus instead. Sadly, it didn't work, and neither did counting Gabriels at first. However, her third attempt to sleep while counting some chibi Gabriels eventually work during the ending credits, which was also sped up in an amusing matter too. =)

I'm not sure which is cuter, Vigne in the bear costume, or Vigne with the cat pen marker patterns on her face. I'll take either honestly. ^_^
Feb 20, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2016
Nice and slow episode.
Feb 20, 2017 3:44 PM

Jun 2011
GangsterCat said:
Smudy said:
reddit is a point-based-system community. either be positive no matter what or gtfo

While hatewatching it and being a living wet blanket which you are isn't exactly better.

It's tough to put a straight man centric episode in a gag series. Those types of characters just shrink out of the spotlight in place of the spastic ones like what happened with Tadakuni in Danshi Koukousei. Basically just subtle jabs here and there. Well, Vigne is important enough that she deserves an episode all to herself and it was pretty good.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Feb 20, 2017 3:47 PM

Sep 2016
Ahegyao said:
GangsterCat said:

While hatewatching it and being a living wet blanket which you are isn't exactly better.

It's tough to put a straight man centric episode in a gag series. Those types of characters just shrink out of the spotlight in place of the spastic ones like what happened with Tadakuni in Danshi Koukousei. Basically just subtle jabs here and there. Well, Vigne is important enough that she deserves an episode all to herself and it was pretty good.
tadakuni is fine and everyone in danshi kokousei are funny
CrossAnge

Feb 20, 2017 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:

Check the comments on nyaa. Memecartel is literally in heaven because of this.
Their butthurt is delicious.
rsc-plFeb 20, 2017 3:56 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2017

102 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2017

141 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2017

99 by Pat_DR »»
Jan 26, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2017

160 by WELLERM »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2017

98 by WELLERM »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.