Forum Settings
Forums

How do you read your Manga and Light Novels?

New
Feb 19, 2017 6:59 PM
May 2015
Do you read at a desk? At night? On a app (like MangaZone)? Do you drink coffee or caffeinated drinks to stay awake? Do you have a specific amount of chapters you have to finish before the day ends?

Im not a pervert, I'm just curious of how other people read there manga and Light Novels. Also, Your personal experience might improve my reading.
Feb 19, 2017 8:13 PM

Nov 2015
I'd always prefer paper, so I could can read anywhere, on the train, on the toilet etc.
PC and monitor just was not comfortable but had the benefit of access to anything, anytime.
But ever since tablets and touchscreens became a thing I've enjoyed the best of both worlds. My eyes have become garbage, so being able to change font sizes helps.
Feb 20, 2017 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
I basically read on the weekends on my mobile. Most of the week I am at college/university and can't seem to find the time to read manga. I sometimes sit down but prefer to lay down on my bed and read at least up to specific chapter (or when my eyes start to hurt).
"Who knows."
Feb 20, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2016
I like my Light novels and Manga, well.. you know free all the time....
Feb 20, 2017 5:25 AM

Nov 2014
I mostly read when I have nothing to do at work, so PC. Sometimes I also read on smartphone when commuting, but that's rare.
Feb 20, 2017 10:30 AM

Aug 2016
I usually read on my laptop (Mac) and chill at my desk where my tv is and where i also do hw, but at night i lay in my bed and read. I only read manga at night since college started backup and im usually busy. I sometimes read on my phone, but only when im reading something that is really good. Also whenever im reading manga im usually listening to music
Feb 20, 2017 10:33 AM

Jul 2013
I read manga pretty much anytime. But with light novels, I only read them at night time, while i'm snacking on or drinking something.

perje said:
My eyes have become garbage

no ragrets

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 20, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2015
I always read manga eyes closed. Never tried it when my eyes are open. LN is also the same.
Feb 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Jan 2015
I stopped buying manga books and switched back to reading online now. Not enough space to store all these manga volumes. I just buy my favourites and read the rest online on my phone/pc.

Evening time is when I'm in the mood to read manga/watch anime. During the day I'm busy with studies/work and too stressed.

Feb 20, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2016
Tablet + app and sometimes the physical copies.

I usually read after dinner and i smoke a cigarette when i take a pause, i don't have any issue to stay awake.
Feb 20, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
Feb 20, 2017 6:44 PM

Nov 2011
at night in bed and in desk with a lamp next to a window
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 20, 2017 7:03 PM

Jul 2015
I typically read on my laptop but I do prefer having an actual physical copy. I tend to have an ost from an anime series I like while I read, adds to the atmosphere. I read whenever I feel like it whether it's in the afternoon or at 3am when I can't sleep.

My lame quotes weren't appreciated...
Now you get this instead of something cheesy and cliché
Feb 21, 2017 1:06 AM

Aug 2016
I'm actually very strange with how I read manga.

I collect manga (I've been collecting for most of my life) but I always tend to not actually read the paperbacks. I'm too afraid of demolishing the covers or making them bend, so what I usually do is read the manga online then go out and buy it or buy it on a website. That way I read it, and get the physical copy afterwards without worrying about bending the covers.

But to answer the core question, I usually enjoy reading anything, manga and novels, at night in my room. I find night time peaceful and less crazy life things happen, so it's easier for me to relax and enjoy myself.
Feb 21, 2017 2:54 AM
May 2015
Holocaster said:
I'm actually very strange with how I read manga.

I collect manga (I've been collecting for most of my life) but I always tend to not actually read the paperbacks. I'm too afraid of demolishing the covers or making them bend, so what I usually do is read the manga online then go out and buy it or buy it on a website. That way I read it, and get the physical copy afterwards without worrying about bending the covers.

But to answer the core question, I usually enjoy reading anything, manga and novels, at night in my room. I find night time peaceful and less crazy life things happen, so it's easier for me to relax and enjoy myself.

Thanks for the answer. I also like to read manga and light novels at night, for the same reason. I usually put my anime on a usb and watch it on tv when I get tired of reading. For me, I buy paperbacks if I need to like if a series stops getting translated :)
Feb 21, 2017 4:12 AM

Aug 2016
jeikobu11 said:
Thanks for the answer. I also like to read manga and light novels at night, for the same reason. I usually put my anime on a usb and watch it on tv when I get tired of reading. For me, I buy paperbacks if I need to like if a series stops getting translated :)

Ah yeah, I enjoy watching anime that way, too. A lot nicer to see it on a bigger screen than a small laptop screen xD

And yeah, I understand that. Usually if I want to buy a paperback of a manga but it isn't translated on hard copy yet, I go straight to the internet to find a translated version. Then I usually wait until a translated hard copy comes out and I immediately buy it ^^

More topics from this board

» Ur fav manga

Aoust_Adenca - Mar 10, 2023

20 by Cammell »»
4 hours ago

» Tell me an anime with good female cast that is used correctly

kirA_-_ - Yesterday

5 by Cammell »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

26 by Kurt_Irving »»
12 hours ago

» Ao Haru Ride Rant (Had to get this off my chest) Spoilers!

XGirl86 - Yesterday

0 by XGirl86 »»
Yesterday, 6:39 PM

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

148 by claricespectro »»
Yesterday, 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.