Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 19, 2017 6:04 PM
Feb 2016
Alright I'm currently watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" And I'm about 3 episodes in And I already have a ship and that's Bell and Ais, I'm simply not in the mood for wasting my time if it goes the route of Bell and hestia. Don't want major spoilers please I just wanna know if that's the route it's gonna go. Thanks a bunch.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
RawrbertoFeb 19, 2017 9:10 PM
Feb 19, 2017 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
It doesn't have any definite ships so far. But doesn't main character-kun like Ais? It's been a while since I watched so I'm not sure.
Feb 19, 2017 6:08 PM

Feb 2013
this anime looks like harem anyway ; he wont pick any girl
feel free to imagine your the protag and fap just to you're favourite girl , cause you know very well you aint gonna get anything like this canonically
Feb 19, 2017 6:10 PM

Mar 2016
SojinFeb 19, 2017 6:19 PM
Feb 19, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2012

I think it's more of a spin-off that focuses specifically on Aiz as the main character instead of a sequel.

As for the question though a number of things to take into account, the source material is still ongoing and most relationship status aren't settled until near the end. Since it's ongoing you can assume the first season isn't a full adaptation, as such there's really no clear way to tell based on just the anime and most of the characters get a fair amount of time. So basically if you're watching it for a conclusive ending I've got some bad news.
Feb 19, 2017 6:17 PM
Feb 2016
Thanks everyone, I'll keep watching.
Feb 19, 2017 6:19 PM

Mar 2016
GamerDLM said:

I think it's more of a spin-off that focuses specifically on Aiz as the main character instead of a sequel.

As for the question though a number of things to take into account, the source material is still ongoing and most relationship status aren't settled until near the end. Since it's ongoing you can assume the first season isn't a full adaptation, as such there's really no clear way to tell based on just the anime and most of the characters get a fair amount of time. So basically if you're watching it for a conclusive ending I've got some bad news.
Ohhh your right it is a side story, my bad i just assumed it would be a second season. And yea i think your right, i doubt pairing well be happening, if they do happen it would most likely be at the end of a season.
Feb 19, 2017 6:34 PM

Nov 2013
First: Danmachi isn't a harem.

Bell only likes Aiz romantically. He has no romantic feelings for Hestia.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 19, 2017 6:43 PM
May 2015
ClassySheepdog said:
Alright I'm currently watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" And I'm about 3 episodes in And I already have a ship and that's Bell and Ais, I'm simply not in the mood for wasting my time if it goes the route of Bell and hestia. Don't want major spoilers please I just wanna know if that's the route it's gonna go. Thanks a bunch.

No. Don't take any ship. Bell-kun doesn't really favour anyone anyway. He truly is dense.
Feb 19, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2015
Thread moved to series discussion.
Feb 20, 2017 6:27 PM

Apr 2016
Just finished it and it is basically a Harem. He won't end up with anyone.
Apr 16, 2017 7:57 PM

Jul 2012
ClassySheepdog said:

The novel hasn't ended yet so it's hard to say, and considering his personality he might actually end up with no one because of how indecisive he is when it comes to women. However, from how I see it, throughout the anime and 7 volumes of the novel, and this is not really a major spoiler or anything so don't worry,

Aiz is the only one he is in love with. He sure does love his Goddess very much, and other female or even male characters, but they are more like his family to him. His love for his Goddess stems from his respect to her, and gratitude. She's his benefactor and most important person in life, a family.

The only one he's interested in romantically is Aiz.
よろしく!
Apr 19, 2017 3:08 AM

Nov 2016
The most relevant ship would be Bell x Aiz since they both like each other.

Apr 19, 2017 3:12 AM

Jan 2017
Lochtub said:

Wait!
I know Bell likes Aiz but when does it say Aiz likes Bell?
Aiz only trained with Bell because she was curious about his special power.
Anyway, I don't care about spoilers.
Just tell me the reason as to why do you think Aiz loves Bell.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Apr 19, 2017 3:16 AM

Jul 2015
I ship bell with aiz
I love her quiet personality

But I think he will end up with hestia because the main female characters always win
Apr 19, 2017 4:25 AM

Nov 2016
swirlydragon said:
Lochtub said:

Wait!
I know Bell likes Aiz but when does it say Aiz likes Bell?
Aiz only trained with Bell because she was curious about his special power.
Anyway, I don't care about spoilers.
Just tell me the reason as to why do you think Aiz loves Bell.

When Bell runs away from her after he used too much magic she's blushing and wondering why he always runs away, In Sword Oratoria when she returns from him running away she blushes a lot and starts hitting her friend outta embarrassment since she was the one who told her that he would fall for her if she gave him the lap pillow and all, And besides they're a cute couple so JUST SHIP IT! ;-;

Apr 19, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
Actually Ais officially
Apr 23, 2017 8:28 PM
Feb 2016
No worries, I dropped that anime awhile ago. Thanks for letting me know.
Apr 25, 2017 1:48 AM

Nov 2008
Zefyris said:
Actually Ais officially

Not sure if thats 'official' per-say Aiz has shown emotions that a 'buddy great friend wouldn't show but Aiz herself has trouble understanding let alone communicating the emotions - Mixing SO and the MS does fit to show there is 'probably' something more there - Can't really prove it one way or the other to be honest. Unless you have an official translated line that says 'He will only ever be my friend' goes for any series really.
Apr 25, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
sirwence said:
Zefyris said:
Actually Ais officially

Not sure if thats 'official' per-say Aiz has shown emotions that a 'buddy great friend wouldn't show but Aiz herself has trouble understanding let alone communicating the emotions - Mixing SO and the MS does fit to show there is 'probably' something more there - Can't really prove it one way or the other to be honest. Unless you have an official translated line that says 'He will only ever be my friend' goes for any series really.

Apr 25, 2017 3:28 AM

Sep 2014
Hestia. I mean come on now. Weather you like it or not thats how its gokng to end.
May 12, 2018 5:27 PM
May 2018
for me it’s gonna be hestia even though currently bell “likes” Ais im not sure he really does i think he just wanna be like her ok we’ve all been to a harem anime it all does the same lets persume its nisekoi its about a boy who has a locket wich can be open by a key with a bunch of girls with that key we already know who is he gonna be end up with cause that girl is always with him ‘and she’s the cover of the anime’ that for sure she is gonna be with him

Now lets get back to THIS anime its about a boy called bell who is trying to be the best but one question is it ACTUALLY for Ais or for his familia??

Now bell want to reach Ais right? but what he dearest most is his familia the Hestia familia wich theres only hestia in and im sure everybody’s gonna think that “well sure but he’s just gonna think hestia is like a family right?? it is called a familia” well that is right hestia is his family but bell have been living with her for a while now, maybe bell just doesnt know what love is like and just persume that he likes Ais but actually deep down he likes hestia

Ok this is just a theory idk who is he gonna end up with but for ME i think its hestia ok thats all bay i guess(?)
May 12, 2018 5:30 PM
May 2018
davinci12 said:
Hestia. I mean come on now. Weather you like it or not thats how its gokng to end.

yeah so obvious 👌🏻
Mar 26, 2019 6:39 PM
Mar 2019
Doesnt
ramuneluv said:
davinci12 said:

yeah so obvious 👌🏻

Bell likes Aiz because she is strongest adventurer and beauty.
He has a dream to become the Hero, right?
He must be seeing Aiz as a figure of Hero that means he want reach her and stand next to her etc.
In other Handa, Aiz also interested in Bell, like Bell is special Among most of men around her,
Thats why she is just feelinf enjoy/comfortable around Bell.

Bell also likes Hestia, but in respect and gratitude as his mother or etc idkr tho.
Thats why he denying all of hestia's code or feeling about him..
But in vol.8 he accept Hestia feeling as a woman, but he need time to reply it and looks like doesnt even think about it.

Bell also like the maid from the cafe, because she is kind and quite pretty.
But accidentally rejected her because he thinks the girl was just joking on him.

The Guild girl and Lili arde also loves him,
But,
Bell only seeing Lili as a Little-sister , and the guild girl as a big-sis.
So he wont accept their feeling toward him.

Freya also loves him, but in a very weird way.
Please don't even think about this route.

Not to mention, all girls that's not showned in the anime yet,

So,
It was counted as Harem.

And, if i have to choose,
For now Hestia still deserves to be the main bride (since it was a Fantasy genre franchise, Harem probably happened) is Hestia.
Just only because how hard she was fighting only to support Bell to be the best that he could ever be.

And since the show is still ongoing, maybe Aiz has a chance to replace Hestia.
Markus27Mar 26, 2019 6:49 PM
Mar 27, 2019 4:48 AM
Jan 2018
2nd half of Season 2 Should pretty much cover bells feeling's and thoughts towards a god. It should do .but considering season 1 had 5 Vols crammmed into it .

Not to sure what they will so with S2 hopefully is just 6-8
Apr 12, 2020 7:11 AM
Apr 2020
Well in season 1 aiz looks like she likes bell, but when I watched sword oratoria, i realised that she help bell so she can know how to level up quickly. In sword oratoria aiz does show that she likes bell. But in the end ish episodes of danmachi, mr. Caam told bell to "cherish" his goddess, after that he payed a lot of attention to hestia for the rest off the episode. And at the end you can see bell and hestia sitting together on a bench, personally I didn't like it at all. In one of the episodes in season 2 bell mentions that he loves his goddess by respecting her.

In conclusion I'm not quite sure who bell really likes, it's most likely aiz (hopefully), but there is always a chance that bell could like hestia.
Jul 14, 2020 7:59 PM
Jan 2020
Well most of the comments on this post are talking about how it wouldn’t make since that bell would just charge his feelings about Aiz and get with Hestia because his EXP ability would stop working on his side, but if I’m not mistaken, than anime stated that he gains more and more exp based on his feelings toward ANYONE rather than just Aiz, so if his feelings for Besti- I mean Hestia were to be equal to or greater than the feelings he felt for Aiz, then it wouldn’t really make too much of a difference. I honestly don’t care as long as he ends up with one of those two or the maid lady. For me, as long as waifu Hestia isn’t like heart broken or something then It doesn’t affect me too much.
Sep 11, 2020 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
Zefyris said:
sirwence said:

is that proof by contradiction that
Sep 11, 2020 10:30 PM

Apr 2013
deg said:
Zefyris said:

is that proof by contradiction that

More like proof that anyone has yet to win ;)
Dec 15, 2020 5:17 AM
Dec 2020
I thought the reason why Bell levels up so quickly is because of his unique skill or something like that which activated when he fell inlove and that is Aiz right? or not hahaha..
Feb 3, 2022 1:54 PM
Jan 2022
Never read the ln but really want bell to end up with hestia for me aiz has no emotion in the anime you can't tell what aiz is thinking always a blank look on her face i think bell should't be scared of loving hestia he should have no regrets because she is willing to find him again even if he dies gets reincarnated to be together hestia got a knife for him and there symbol is on the house that should clear message alone hestia really loves deeply

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
9 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.