Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 20, 2017 12:59 PM

Apr 2015
If Akko used up her last spell to free the fish, how did she turn back into a human to return Pisces...?
Feb 20, 2017 1:08 PM
Jul 2011
Here - http://imgur.com/a8FVC4H

It is possible to be a fanart.
megaloadFeb 20, 2017 1:14 PM
Feb 20, 2017 1:09 PM

Jun 2013
how does it cost to take the fish TOEIC test?!
Ursula sensei finally snapped you go girl!
Feb 20, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2015

WHAT.. NO.
BUT.. SHE WILL GET BACK.. THE END WILL BE HAPPY. I AM SURE OF IT. I KNOW IT.
URSULA WILL DO SOMETHING, SHE WILL CHEER AKKO UP.. AND THEY WILL THINK OF SOMETHING
Feb 20, 2017 1:11 PM

May 2015
megaload said:
Here - http://imgur.com/a8FVC4H

It is possible to be an fanart.

JEEZ.. this makes me so sad :(
I don't want to watch that kind of episode T__T
Feb 20, 2017 1:13 PM
Jul 2011
1. It is possible to be a fanart.
2. Akko gets the things done when she in total slump. She finds a way.
Feb 20, 2017 1:17 PM

May 2015
megaload said:
1. It is possible to be a fanart.
2. Akko gets the things done when she in total slump. She finds a way.

it might be.. but did you see in the right bottom corner trigger sign and yoshinari sign? :(

I don't know.. I just hope that in the end Akko will find out who Ursula actually is. I'm waiting for that episode so bad. I want to see her reaction when she realizes that her idol stood up for her, believed in her and was there for her, and cared for her. I just want to see Akko getting that hug from her idol, and realizing how lucky she actually was all this time. And I want to see her being an amazing witch like Chariot, impressing even Diana and making Hannah and Barbara regret they mocked Akko all this time.

It would be good to have climax with Akko dropping out of school.. But to be honest, I think that something bigger will happen. If you saw Diana's reaction, she was very shocked.. she wouldn't be that shocked if she really saw Akko being dropped out of school, it would be something she expected.. I wonder what did she actually see? And, she didn't say that Akko will literally drop out or get kicked, she said she will depart/leave Luna Nova. I wonder why
Feb 20, 2017 1:24 PM
Jul 2011
did you see in the right bottom corner trigger sign and yoshinari sign

...which can be totally fake...but I kind of remember it from a teaser/interview...or maybe I am mistaking...or maybe this idea will be never realized...

Diana's prediction made me remember the "sad Akko" art.

she was very shocked

I think it is just empathy...she is a good (and strict) person after all and never wished something so bad for Akko.
megaloadFeb 20, 2017 1:28 PM
Feb 20, 2017 1:37 PM

May 2015
megaload said:
did you see in the right bottom corner trigger sign and yoshinari sign

...which can be totally fake...but I kind of remember it from a teaser/interview...or maybe I am mistaking...or maybe this idea will be never realized...

Diana's prediction made me remember the "sad Akko" art.

she was very shocked

I think it is just empathy...she is a good (and strict) person after all and never wished something so bad for Akko.

Yea, I agree that she isn't a bad person who would want anything bad to happen to Akko.. But I just don't feel like she would make that kind of face.. I think she would be a little less shocked than that.. And, she didn't describe what she saw with lots of words, and knowing her, she would give a better explanation if she wasn't so shocked. And I think that she wouldn't be that shocked if she really saw Akko getting kicked out of school..
Some people say that Diana's prediction was wrong, but I believe it will happen sooner or later, whatever she really saw.. She never said when will it happen, so I think it's a little of plot reveal for the rest 5 episodes of the first 12
Feb 20, 2017 2:44 PM

Jun 2016
Wow that teacher, really liked her this episode. Stood up for Akko!
Feb 20, 2017 3:17 PM

Oct 2012
The anime is improving! Yas!
This episode just save my soul. As an educator, it made me very happy <3
Feb 20, 2017 3:39 PM

Feb 2009
Since Diana used 去る (SARU, "to leave") instead of 退学処分 (TAIGAKU SHOBUN, "expulsion (from school)"), it's more likely that she was refering to Akko leaving the school (in order to search for Pisces-sensei) instead of Akko being expelled from school. So, Diana's foretelling was indeed right.
And I don't think this foretelling has anything to do with things that might or might not happen in the future. It already turned true in this episode and was just a way of creating expectation for a possible expulsion (suggested not by Diana but by the other girls) that didn't come true.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Feb 20, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2009
This episode was perfect for me. So many funny moments, I didn't stop laughing
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Feb 20, 2017 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
ahh how cute + funny.

akko has become my fave character. <3
Feb 20, 2017 4:12 PM
Sep 2012
Well watched the scene again, and yes Diana was in shock when she made that prediction, also notice the aftermath, as soon as said Akko would leave Luna Nova, Akko interrupted her, got in a fight with Hannah and Barbara, the whole room turn into chaos, and Diana wasn't able to continue with any info she might have had.

It was a vague prediction, but perhaps there was more and we will never know. So basically this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gORMNmZgE3E
blfanFeb 20, 2017 4:18 PM
Feb 20, 2017 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Don't worry, Akko. That's how I feel about philosophy too...can't understand shit.
allo
Feb 20, 2017 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
I saw that ending coming once the sad fish appeared. None-the-less, a good episode.
Feb 20, 2017 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
Akko is trying soo much, despite failing miserably.
I'm glad that she learned something, hope this will be her success start ;)
When Ursula defended Akko... damn <3 Best teacher!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 20, 2017 6:12 PM

Mar 2014
I dislike every character in this show except Chariot.
Feb 20, 2017 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
must say, Ursula's eyes are gorgeous
Feb 20, 2017 9:54 PM

May 2016
I like that Akko actually grew from last episode. It was pretty much what I expected, she is trying really hard (more than she already has been), but she still sucks for the most part. She is improving but the good part is that she still isn't amazing this early.
Ursula is geting better and better with the more screentime she has been getting. Now I'm hoping for more from Diana, Sucy and Amanda's gang.
Speaking of Diana, why does she hang out with the two worst people, Hanna and Barbara. Diana has to keep a public image, but come on she can do better.
I haven't seen existensial terror like the fish since Bananya.
Feb 20, 2017 10:14 PM

Aug 2015
Akko's best episode so far, Diana's lackeys still a bitch.
Feb 20, 2017 11:08 PM

Sep 2014
I wish she progress. I don't want her to be like this all the anime
Feb 20, 2017 11:18 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode and despite Akko's failure as a witch, she excels as a person. Luckily for her she did all the right things that prevented her expulsion for now. Also, the ever so reserved Ursula standing up for Akko was sweet. I didn't expect that from her and to see her stand up to her superiors for a student was nice.

On a side note, it felt like Diana's prediction wasn't completed before she was interrupted. Diana said Akko was departing, not expelled and she seemed genuinely shocked at what she saw...If Diana saw that Akko was expelled, she wouldn't be surprised would she? So I'm only guessing that Diana saw something interesting that may or may not happen in the future. This probably goes along with how the school will encounter many great obstacles in the future.

4/5- I enjoy this show a lot. It's real fun watch for me and watching Akko slowly grow has been a joy.

Feb 20, 2017 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
Oh no, Ursula is competing with Sucy for my best girl
Also Diana's slaves need a serious beating or at least a punch in the face
Feb 21, 2017 12:23 AM

Sep 2009
960 on -the Fish TOEIC, damn!
Feb 21, 2017 2:20 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great, great episode. Finally Akko is working towards her goal, which is something I've wanted to see for some time because all she ever does is lose.

Also great to see Ursula getting some backbone, and that she's building a strong relationship with Akko as a mentor.

Sucy episode when.
Feb 21, 2017 2:43 AM

Apr 2016
ideallyqualia said:
If Akko used up her last spell to free the fish, how did she turn back into a human to return Pisces...?

Good question. "because plothole" probably.
Feb 21, 2017 3:08 AM

May 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
ideallyqualia said:

Also dont know who took the photo of Akko when the guy didnt have cimera. But whatever. Loving this anime anyway
Feb 21, 2017 4:32 AM

Jun 2013
Still loving this show.

Liked how Akko got full serious with her studies thanks to last week's developments. Everyone thought something was wrong with her. Lol Amanda thought Sucy gave her some weird mushroom. And Akko getting in trouble for fighting was super unfair. She's the one who's the target of everyone's mockery and she gets in trouble. Obviously if you continue to make fun her she's gonna retaliate. And that sensei should take into consideration Akko's background before calling her a failure. For someone with no magical person in her family, she's doing good enough. And she's improving too. Ursula saw that sensei's flawed judgment and burst on her. That was nice.

This time around, Akko had a dash of good luck on her side along with all that terrible luck she has. The fish she saved as a side quest ended up being some rare species and she ended up being able to understand fish language as a side-effect of turning into a fish. And now she's being commended for her saving the fish and her expulsion has been cancelled.

And Diana's prediction really intrigues me. She stopped halfway through I think. Hopefully we get some more hints on what exactly she saw in her prediction.
Feb 21, 2017 4:34 AM
Mar 2015
ideallyqualia said:

By the teacher Pisces
Feb 21, 2017 4:52 AM
Apr 2012
Andzl said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Also dont know who took the photo of Akko when the guy didnt have cimera. But whatever. Loving this anime anyway
Perhaps when Lotte said she only had so much magic left, she meant they had just enough in case they needed to use a spell to save Pieces AND turn back into humans. Lotte thought Akko would use that spell to free the fish, then later they would need a spell to free Pieces. Or perhaps the spell that turned them into fish had a time limit.
Feb 21, 2017 4:53 AM
Apr 2012
ziggy_Z said:
I don't see how that's possible. From Sucy, Lotte, Constanze, Amanda, Jasminka, Diana, and even Andrew and Akko, everyone has likable qualities.
Feb 21, 2017 4:59 AM
Sep 2012
TehSnawn said:

On a side note, it felt like Diana's prediction wasn't completed before she was interrupted. Diana said Akko was departing, not expelled and she seemed genuinely shocked at what she saw...If Diana saw that Akko was expelled, she wouldn't be surprised would she? So I'm only guessing that Diana saw something interesting that may or may not happen in the future. This probably goes along with how the school will encounter many great obstacles in the future.

I said the already, but yes I agree, they wouldn't let her finish.
Feb 21, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2014
Bugberry91 said:
ziggy_Z said:
I don't see how that's possible. From Sucy, Lotte, Constanze, Amanda, Jasminka, Diana, and even Andrew and Akko, everyone has likable qualities.
I know, that's why I'm surprised.
Feb 21, 2017 5:39 AM
Sep 2012
takenMalUsername said:

Speaking of Diana, why does she hang out with the two worst people, Hanna and Barbara. Diana has to keep a public image, but come on she can do better.

First of all, she doesn't hang out with them, they hang out with her, that is a big difference. The answer to your question might have come in episode 6 when Andrew their childhood. It is implied by what Andrew said, she didn't have any friends growing up, all of the other kids thought she was weird. So after all that, it makes sense she is not very choisy about her friends, she is probably afraid of being alone again. Besides the opening implies they are her roommates, she lives with them, so she is kind of stuck.

Though I am hoping, those two get some development, in episode 3 we saw another side to one of those girls, it might be Diana to finally stand up to them and tell them they are terrible, for them to take stock in their lives and become better people.
blfanFeb 21, 2017 5:46 AM
Feb 21, 2017 6:21 AM
Jul 2011
how did she turn back into a human to return Pisces

If I am not mistaken the transformation magic wears off by itself and Akko's magics are weak to begin with.

who took the photo of Akko

Maybe its was a drawing not a picture.
Feb 21, 2017 6:40 AM

May 2015
Bugberry91 said:
ziggy_Z said:

How can someone hate Ursula? Wtf
Feb 21, 2017 8:16 AM
Oct 2007
Very enjoyable episode once again! I wonder when will Akko found out about the sensei being Chariot. I imagine that the real underlying story would then start from there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2009
Somehow the direction of this episode was weird, in a good way. It almost felt as if I was watching a different show.
Am I the only one who thinks this?
Feb 21, 2017 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
I genuinely really like akko as a protagonist, I do see why people find her naivity annoying but I find her want to improve herself endearing. I enjoy characters with alot of flaws that try to overcome their shortcomings as people in an attempt to better themselves especially when combined with an underdog scenario like akko is in with everyone doubting her. This episode and the previous one I think have been absolutely charming.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 21, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2012
Huge props to Megumi Han, i laughed so hard at Akko reaction, when she flushed professor down the drain :) I love Akko as character, but, i don't understand why she keeps antagonizing Diana, she should focus her anger on her lackies, who are truly mean to her on every occasion
kamil88Feb 21, 2017 3:18 PM
Feb 21, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2011
I want a fish named Sucy.

Feb 21, 2017 1:44 PM
Apr 2012
megaload said:
how did she turn back into a human to return Pisces

If I am not mistaken the transformation magic wears off by itself and Akko's magics are weak to begin with.

who took the photo of Akko

Maybe its was a drawing not a picture.
I'm wondering how, in the time it took them to transform back and take Professor Pieces back to school, the local newspaper already had the story about the merman written and the paper printed and sent out.
Feb 21, 2017 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty good episode a little predictable but rather entertaining.
Eventually Diana gave a false prediction and Akko stays at Luna Nova.
I hope Akko will improve even more in magic. ^^
I liked the end with the teacher who comes to stay in their room for a week, I pity the girls! :o

3/5
Feb 21, 2017 2:21 PM

Aug 2015
akiba-kei said:
Somehow the direction of this episode was weird, in a good way. It almost felt as if I was watching a different show.
Am I the only one who thinks this?

No, I also find that the direction was different. But it was for the best ...At least all the elements were useful to the episode. (There were no random events as in episode 5)
Feb 21, 2017 2:21 PM
Jul 2011
in the time it took them to transform back and take Professor Pieces back to school, the local newspaper already had the story about the merman written and the paper printed and sent out.

They look at the newspaper later in the principle's office.

By the way you can see cameos from many famous hats there ;))) like hats from Disney villains ect.

Also, you guys don't get it. The prediction will become true but later in the season.
megaloadFeb 21, 2017 10:44 PM
Feb 21, 2017 4:46 PM

Sep 2015
I really enjoyed this episode. While it wasn't very flashy, it felt necessary. Both in Akko's arc of becoming less useless, showing off all the characters strengths and establishing that this is a school with the usual stakes that entails. It also gave us genuine character growth and development with Ursula sensei standing up for Akko. And finally standing her ground against that mean professor. Plus the whole thing with Pisces sensei and their needlessly complicated philosophy class was quite hilarious. What a goofy ridiculous series. In the best possible way.
Feb 21, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Akko really tries to improve herself despite being such an academic failure so far. I kinda feel bad for her considering that how little she's progressing and even being mocked by her class. She still can't properly fly with a broomstick!

That fish scene was pretty funny. Akko as a fish lol!

I thought the episode was overall fun but really hope Akko will improve more soon.
Lol "mysterious Merman".

Akko may not need to learn how to fly a broomstick (although, I do hope that she will learn) because I believe that the magical broomstick from Episode 3 will make a return. It will also probably make a bond with Akko too. It's kind of a Main Character trope, but there are hints towards that.

Notice how the broom is advertised on the series poster. Not every character or plot device is there (Fafnir or Nightfall or Andrew). Additionally, they are still mentioning of the broom.

From Episode 7, the bottom of the tabloid paper refers to the magical broom "flying near the equator" and "some claim it to be a broom".

Again, I would love it for Akko to finally learn how to fly but to create a bond with an uncontrollable magical flying broom is pretty typical of a main character in this type of fantasy setting (Aladdin and the magic carpet or Doctor Strange and his levitating cloak).
Feb 21, 2017 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
Man i love Chariot i like the development from last week so now there aren't any glares in her glasses so we can see her awesome eyes.

glad Akko is improving even for a 2 cour? it's taken her a while to even use half decent magic.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.