Forum Settings
Forums

Anime openings/endings vs Kpop , which do you prefer ? And why ?

New
Which do you prefer ?
Feb 19, 2017 5:53 AM
Feb 2017
What's up guys , I see there is many people who like Kpop more than Anime openings/endings or rather Jpop , but for me Jpop is way better , why ? because they are more creative , their songs have a meaning and they have a great voice , don't forget all these great songs like CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA , Pegasus Fantasy , A cruel angel's thesis , We Are , Butter-Fly , Again by Yuki , Ambiguous , Asterisk , Sugar Song to Bitter Step , Hacking to the Gate ...etc . Show us which do you prefer Anime openings/endings or Kpop ? And why ?

Thank you to read my thread .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2017 6:14 AM

Feb 2016
I liked chalaheadchala, Again and Cruel Angels Thesis so I guess theyre cool but dont you think there are more genres than kpop and jpop? Comparing anime OP/ED to Kpop is like comparing humans to woman(yeah sounds like a cool joke) in the sense that one is only a section of the other.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 19, 2017 6:15 AM

Oct 2007
Some shows may even use Kpop as openings or endings! For example, Ao no Exorcist's ED song Take Off by by Kpop group 2PM
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 19, 2017 6:30 AM

Aug 2013
J-pop in general. It's really unique marketplace. You won't be able to find anything similar to J-pop in any other country. I like how they are blending music genres, they can do a great mix of underground electronic music with hard rock and it's just mind blowing.
Kpop is just generic American/western pop (with Korean vocals) which I hated a long before I discovered Japanese music.
To be honest there is nothing to compare, if you are searching for something unique, dig into j-music,if you like Western pop and Korean language, choose Kpop.
rsc-plFeb 19, 2017 6:35 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 19, 2017 6:32 AM
Feb 2017
HamburgerSpike said:
I liked chalaheadchala, Again and Cruel Angels Thesis so I guess theyre cool but dont you think there are more genres than kpop and jpop? Comparing anime OP/ED to Kpop is like comparing humans to woman(yeah sounds like a cool joke) in the sense that one is only a section of the other.

I agree with you , but these songs are also considering as a Jpop . Anyway the problem is does people forget all these great song when they said Kpop is better than Jpop ?
Feb 19, 2017 6:38 AM

Jan 2013
Lol, Korean language is imo one of the most unpleasant languages, I hate hearing it and I feel sick when I hear any Korean music (unless they sing in English or Japenese, obviously). I also think most Kpop stars look quite bad. Japanese, on the other hand, is very nice to listen to, and Japanese performes/musicans don't look like clones so my answer here is obvious.
Feb 19, 2017 6:40 AM
Feb 2017
tsuyokunaru said:
Some shows may even use Kpop as openings or endings! For example, Ao no Exorcist's ED song Take Off by by Kpop group 2PM

Yes I know , but Kpop have not his place in Anime industry even One Piece OP 'Share the World' , why ? because Kpop cannot match with the Anime scene like Jpop and it is just a shit when you hear it in my opinion .
Feb 19, 2017 6:45 AM

Mar 2016
I prefer anime openings/endings more than K pop because I used to hear them in anime and I interested in Japanese language.
Forum set made by Sereshay

Feb 19, 2017 8:10 AM

Feb 2016
Otakuz2017 said:
HamburgerSpike said:

I agree with you , but these songs are also considering as a Jpop . Anyway the problem is does people forget all these great song when they said Kpop is better than Jpop ?

I mean why are you making the anime OP/ED>k pop when a big amount of shows have jazz, rock or many other genres as their OP/ED themes. I like the english OP/ED more often than the japanese themes.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 19, 2017 8:21 AM

Jul 2014
Wheres the "Both" button????....i like both :)
Feb 19, 2017 8:33 AM

May 2016
fuyuki said:
Lol, Korean language is imo one of the most unpleasant languages, I hate hearing it and I feel sick when I hear any Korean music (unless they sing in English or Japenese, obviously). I also think most Kpop stars look quite bad. Japanese, on the other hand, is very nice to listen to, and Japanese performes/musicans don't look like clones so my answer here is obvious.
Lol I would agree with you, but then I remembered Soul Contract, which I had to take anesthetics for to prevent my brain from melting. Srsly, I can't take chinese dubs :I

orz
Feb 19, 2017 1:28 PM

Feb 2017
I feel like J-pop and K-pop are 2 completely different worlds. I honestly listen to K-pop more. Hell, I don't even listen to J-pop anymore (back in middle school though, I was a HUUUUUUUGE FLOW fan, like they were all I listened to).

One thing I noticed about J-pop is that they are more rock-based, while K-pop can be more R&B/Hip hop/Pop based. There's really more to K-pop than the idols most people are familiar with, and I usually listen to artists/groups that are more involved in the R&B scene like Crush, Zion T., DEAN, and I like Ailee too but she's really pop. While yes, I admit, K-pop ESPECIALLY the idols can be very very manufactured, I still enjoy the music only because I like R&B more than rock, which is what I found most J-pop to be closely related to.

On the other hand, I've heard some J-pop IDOLS like AKB48, and they are no better than some K-pop idols. das the shit i cant stand fr

And I guess I'm the underdog here, cause I actually like the Korean language LOL. I even studied abroad there to study it.
Feb 19, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2010
I don't like either most of the time. I just don't like most of the artificial pop music. Not to say there aren't anime Openings I like a lot, but often it's not because of the music but because of the association with the show. And when it's a bit rockier or jazzy or rap-based it can actually be pretty good. As long as it's not generic sounding pop music, or Fear and Loathing in Les Vegas I usually find the anime openings at least okay, though it's mostly not the music I'd listen to in my free time.

But most of my favorites are either instrumental only, english songs or from the 70s/80s. I do LOVE anisons from the 80s, particularly OVAs. I can listen to that shit all day.

The 80s jpop/jrock sound is just so much more to my liking than the modern one. In general I like mainstream music from the 80s and 90s while in modern times I mostly listen to non-mainstream stuff. One modern anime-related band I really like though is Jam Project. I just love jazz too much and also (who would have thought) they were founded by someone who was a famous theme song artist in the 70s. Their Openings are always instant hype for me. Their two Garo Openings are still among my favorite Openings ever, because both music and visuals were just great.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 19, 2017 2:12 PM

Dec 2015
I embrace all the music I like... any.. cause I like listening to music.. since I like them equally, I dont wanna even compare *hugs all music that I like ♥

But I do have my all time favorite song and only 2 both are Jamie Cullum's song.. and its not even from either Kpop or Jpop :p
EufieFeb 19, 2017 2:17 PM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Feb 19, 2017 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
Are you implying that all anime OPs and EDs are J-pop or are you just comparing them as a whole? Well objectively speaking anime OPs/EDs win because of greater variety, you are comparing one genre from one country to OPs and EDs that can be in any genre and are not always from Japanese artist therefore not from one country, in other words this thread is stupid, this comparision is stupid.
Feb 19, 2017 3:15 PM

Dec 2015
Darek said:
Are you implying that all anime OPs and EDs are J-pop or are you just comparing them as a whole? Well objectively speaking anime OPs/EDs win because of greater variety, you are comparing one genre from one country to OPs and EDs that can be in any genre and are not always from Japanese artist therefore not from one country, in other words this thread is stupid, this comparision is stupid.

IKR? its somehow to complicated... well kpop itself is not only a pop
an example of Kpop

Wikipedia says,"K-pop (abbreviation of Korean pop; Hangul: 케이팝) is a musical genre originating in South Korea that is characterized by a wide variety of audiovisual elements. Although it comprises all genres of "popular music" within South Korea, the term is more often used in a narrower sense to describe a modern form of South Korean pop music covering a range of styles including dance-pop, pop ballad, electropop, R&B, rock, jazz, popera, hip-hop and classical music.[1]"

@Otakuz2017 Im not on on any side of music cause like I said I like them equally but I just curious of your statement, you said, "they have a great voice" so do you imply that Korean singer dont have a great voice?
What do you think about these?
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Feb 19, 2017 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
I feel like asking it on MAL inevitably will skew the results
良い曲 // アスカ名言

ママ、ママ、わかったわ。ATフィールドの意味!!私を護っていてくれてる!私を見てくれてる!!ずっと、ずっと一緒だったのね!ママッ!!

気持ち悪い
Feb 19, 2017 4:11 PM
Feb 2017
HamburgerSpike said:
Otakuz2017 said:

I mean why are you making the anime OP/ED>k pop when a big amount of shows have jazz, rock or many other genres as their OP/ED themes. I like the english OP/ED more often than the japanese themes.

I just meant J pop because in other genres Korea are nothing comparing to Japan .
Feb 19, 2017 4:18 PM
Feb 2017
Pullman said:
I don't like either most of the time. I just don't like most of the artificial pop music. Not to say there aren't anime Openings I like a lot, but often it's not because of the music but because of the association with the show. And when it's a bit rockier or jazzy or rap-based it can actually be pretty good. As long as it's not generic sounding pop music, or Fear and Loathing in Les Vegas I usually find the anime openings at least okay, though it's mostly not the music I'd listen to in my free time.

But most of my favorites are either instrumental only, english songs or from the 70s/80s. I do LOVE anisons from the 80s, particularly OVAs. I can listen to that shit all day.

The 80s jpop/jrock sound is just so much more to my liking than the modern one. In general I like mainstream music from the 80s and 90s while in modern times I mostly listen to non-mainstream stuff. One modern anime-related band I really like though is Jam Project. I just love jazz too much and also (who would have thought) they were founded by someone who was a famous theme song artist in the 70s. Their Openings are always instant hype for me. Their two Garo Openings are still among my favorite Openings ever, because both music and visuals were just great.

Yeah I also like old school Japanese songs , but I like both new and old school .
Feb 19, 2017 4:43 PM
Feb 2017
Darek said:

Firstly you must know that J pop can be many genres and most of Anime OPs/EDs are J pop , secondly if you think this thread is stupid why you replied .
Feb 19, 2017 4:54 PM
Feb 2017
Eufie said:
Darek said:

an example of Kpop

Wikipedia says,"K-pop (abbreviation of Korean pop; Hangul: 케이팝) is a musical genre originating in South Korea that is characterized by a wide variety of audiovisual elements. Although it comprises all genres of "popular music" within South Korea, the term is more often used in a narrower sense to describe a modern form of South Korean pop music covering a range of styles including dance-pop, pop ballad, electropop, R&B, rock, jazz, popera, hip-hop and classical music.[1]"

@Otakuz2017 Im not on on any side of music cause like I said I like them equally but I just curious of your statement, you said, "they have a great voice" so do you imply that Korean singer dont have a great voice?

Sorry but this shit which called K pop are just copying western pop which are also shit lol like I watched in your first video . I don't like their voices and their language in other side , always Japanese have a voice much better than Korean in my opinion .
Feb 19, 2017 5:04 PM

Dec 2015
Otakuz2017 said:
Eufie said:

an example of Kpop

Sorry but this shit which called K pop are just copying western pop which are also shit lol like I watched in your first video . I don't like their voices and their language in other side , always Japanese have a voice much better than Korean in my opinion .

Mhh I see.. Btw, do you know that Pop in Kpop means popular not pop music genre? and Jpop is basically what you said as pop cause there is a terms of Jrock... so basically from the name itself.. we cant rally get any certain path where this will end.
EufieFeb 19, 2017 5:15 PM

[signature]
Feb 19, 2017 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Otakuz2017 said:
Darek said:

Firstly you must know that J pop can be many genres and most of Anime OPs/EDs are J pop , secondly if you think this thread is stupid why you replied .

What does it have to do with anything, just because I find something stupid does not mean I am not going to ____ there, I find this thread stupid for the reason why I have provided, even if most anime songs are J pop (which you wouldn't know because you have not seen all of anime) that does not change that it is still a pointless comparison because there is no basic ground to compare them.
Feb 19, 2017 5:10 PM

Dec 2015
Darek said:
Otakuz2017 said:

What does it have to do with anything, just because I find something stupid does not mean I am not going to ____ there, I find this thread stupid for the reason why I have provided, even if most anime songs are J pop (which you wouldn't know because you have not seen all of anime) that does not change that it is still a pointless comparison because there is no basic ground to compare them.

+1 @Darek

[signature]
Feb 19, 2017 5:16 PM
Feb 2017
Eufie said:
Otakuz2017 said:

Mhh I see.. Btw, do you know that Pop here means popular not pop music genre?

Lol you want to play brain games with me , you must find another person .
Feb 19, 2017 5:20 PM

Jul 2016
i'm a fan of both, and both are two of my primary genres of music.
Feb 19, 2017 5:24 PM
Feb 2017
Darek said:
Otakuz2017 said:

Go home Kpop fanboy , I watched more than you . Anyway I didn't compare the K pop with more than one genre , I said K pop vs J pop if you can read by meaning this comparasion are fair .
Feb 19, 2017 5:24 PM

Dec 2015
Otakuz2017 said:
Eufie said:

Mhh I see.. Btw, do you know that Pop here means popular not pop music genre?

Lol you want to play brain games with me , you must find another person .

Well comparing something needs to consider both side equally right? to be fair? So a pointless comparison is still pointless.. and ofc cant be taken seriously...
Im just trying to understand your point.
Well I dont blame your personal music taste...

Pop in Kpop means popular
and Pop in Jpop means litterally pop music genre cause there is a term of Jrock.. so are you comparing 1 genre to popular music that could be a lot of genre?
if you trying to point out that you like pop genre more, why dont just say that you like pop?

[signature]
Feb 19, 2017 5:27 PM

Aug 2011
I like Kpop more. Especially now with the CD export ban enforced by Avex group. They just cater to international fans more & their music is more accessible & easier to legally own and listen to. You can find most Kpop songs on iTunes or Spotify, Jpop, on the other hand, has a more limited selection and is harder to find.
Feb 19, 2017 5:28 PM

Feb 2016
J - Pop in general. There are a few nice K- Pop songs and even Anime OP/ED sung/performed by K - Pop artists.
Feb 19, 2017 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
@Otakuz2017 you gave up pretty quickly, no one cares how much you have seen, trust me, you are not impressing anybody.

I am not a k pop fan, in fact I prefer western music overall, I am not taking sides here, just telling how stupid this thread is and overdone in the first place (well what you intened it to be is overdone)

Even your poll says anime openings/ending and NOT J pop, what you intended matters not, in fact if you wanted to compare J pop with K pop you failed at it miserably.
Feb 19, 2017 5:35 PM

Dec 2015
cure_potato said:
J - Pop in general. There are a few nice K- Pop songs and even Anime OP/ED sung/performed by K - Pop artists.

@Otakuz2017
True like this song, Bleach ED... she is Korean btw lol and its a Rock not a Pop

[signature]
Feb 19, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2015
Western music is superior to both, but if forced to choose Japanese>Korean.
:)
Feb 19, 2017 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
anime openings/endings THUMBS UP btgbtbt
Feb 19, 2017 7:21 PM

Sep 2015
Hopefully this thread would not turn into infinite brawl of superiority of J-pop/K-pop; full of circular reasoning by its stubborn zealots with their unmalleable opinions who refuse to yield even for a slight, like how those caricatures in other board demonstrated.
UpperCatFeb 20, 2017 7:40 AM

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Feb 19, 2017 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
Are you really making this thread OP? Are you really curious about the results? What do you expect?
Feb 19, 2017 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
I prefer anime openings and endings but it has nothing to do with preferring Jpop over Kpop for me considering I generally don't listen to either of them. I only encounter Jpop when I watch anime openings and endings.
Sep 20, 2018 7:30 AM
Jun 2016
Wow. Good job posting this in the anime forum, not biased at all, no. You didn't want people to agree with your opinion or anything, oh no.

The main difference between Kpop and Anime Openings is that one is made to sell the song itself, and the other is meant to complement a bigger project. Therefore, kpop songs have more focus in being a good song, and anime openings are just something to hype the show up/be a background for credits.
Sep 20, 2018 7:35 AM

Sep 2013
ilar9118 said:
Wow. Good job posting this in the anime forum, not biased at all, no. You didn't want people to agree with your opinion or anything, oh no.

agreed

I mean seriously what did you expected op? what the fuck
people who like more kpop are usually people that listen more to kpop than like anime itself

I do listen a fuckton of kpop but it doesn't even compare to what I listen when it comes to anime content because I like anime way more and that's what should be expected in an anime forum I guess lol
Sep 20, 2018 7:38 AM

Oct 2013
I listen to both kpop and Jrock/jpop. I see no problem with both. It just happens that kpop has that visual thing done right at most cases like the fashion/style etc to pull/attract new fans and listeners. But both wins in my heart and ears.
Sep 20, 2018 7:42 AM

Apr 2018
Lol kpop is trash compared to anime op/ed
Sep 20, 2018 7:44 AM

Apr 2018
ilar9118 said:

The main difference between Kpop and Anime Openings is that one is made to sell the song itself, and the other is meant to complement a bigger project. Therefore, kpop songs have more focus in being a good song, and anime openings are just something to hype the show up/be a background for credits.
it is sad when they focus on making the songs good but end up failing most of the time
Sep 20, 2018 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Anime openings because at least I don't have to listen to them when I am at shopping malls.
Sep 20, 2018 7:57 AM

Jul 2017
"Which is better? Hip hop or southern rap?"
あなたは誰?
Sep 20, 2018 8:06 AM

Jan 2018
Boyy you dumb or something? This is an ANIME community, do we look like we watch korean cartoon or some shit.. of course j-pop would win

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 20, 2018 8:17 AM

Feb 2010
I don't like Kpop or Jpop or any other letters of the alphabetpops. Well, if you go back to the 80s I can dig some jpop but then I can dig anything that sounds like the 80s.

So I'll pick anime OPs because they have a ton of songs that are not generic pop songs, although they also have a shitton of those.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 20, 2018 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
I guess i prefer anime openings and endings because i keep hearing them.
Sep 20, 2018 8:49 AM
May 2009
I barely listen to music as it is. I prefer Japanese Opening and Endings. But not all Songs are good. There are some that are really good and capture the spirit of the show.
Others are just random and don't seem to fit.

Unless I watch something Korean I probably won't pick up any Kpop or Korean Songs in General.
Sep 21, 2018 7:30 AM
Sep 22, 2018 1:07 AM

Jul 2017
I love anime openings and endings but, what the actual fuck is a Kpop?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 49 minutes ago

9 by Ricchan__ »»
39 seconds ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

36 by Vendicator »»
15 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Yesterday

36 by inim »»
19 minutes ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 9 hours ago

18 by MichaelJackson »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 6 hours ago

19 by Vendicator »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.