Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2017 5:11 PM

Mar 2013
Is this a good time to question whether or not Agnika Kaieru is really inside that thing?
Feb 19, 2017 5:14 PM

Sep 2013
I'm happy to see Orga pissed at McGillis, but I think it's just far too late to save him (Orga). His reckless decision-making has just dug his grave. It's way too late for Mika, but I at least hope Akihiro and Shino make it out of this alive.
Noice said:
Sooooo. . . did atra and mikazuki do it inside of barbatos?

I mean. . . they did make it a point to say the whole ship was empty. . .
Does that make it a threesome?
Quandary said:
i'm calling it right now. ride is gonna die. the ein system is somehow gonna go crazy seeing CRANK-NIIII's machine and ride is gonna get whacked.
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK this is just so gonna happen.
rioplats said:
starkipraggy said:
McGillis had to frame Gaelio for the AV system trial run because technically it's banned and he wouldn't be able to get close to Bael if he was ousted for giving his subordinate the AV. It's a non-issue now that he possesses the Bael. As for Almiria, I think the entire purpose of that scene was to show how much he cares for Almiria, even if it is in a twisted way.

He could have framed anyone to be honest. He framed Gaelio solely because Okada wanted a grudge match between them in season 2; that's not a reasonable in-universe explanation imo.
What? Dude, McGillis explained his reasoning for betraying Gaelio during their fight in season 1. I'll just pull up the episode and quote it. "When the Bauduin family loses you, their heir, I, the son-in-law, will succeed in your place. ... The lone daughter of the Issue family, the most powerful one of the Seven Stars, Carta has also died. The power balance within Gjallarhorn will be disrupted. That's when I enter the stage."

By removing Iznario Fareed and Gaelio, McGillis became the Head of 2 familes of the Seven Stars. And by leading Carta to her death and inheriting her position in the Outer Earth Orbit Something Something, he virtually took over the now memberless Issue family. It was all to increase his standing above the other Seven Stars. And now we know that Ein and Gaelio's relationship was the perfect means for him to test the Alaya-Vijnana surgery in adults.
Feb 19, 2017 5:35 PM

Dec 2011
Oh man.... there goes my threesome pairing.... Well I love Atra so there is no problem, but still I wanted Kudelia to be with Mika too, I wish Atra's dream for threesome still can be achieved after the war is over haha
Feb 19, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
Comander-07 said:
Thank you for reminding me why I kinda hate this seasons gundam.
Its all so epic, but why would you introduce Kudelia like the most important character of the universe and then make her sit behing a desk for the whole second season?!
This is a biiiig minus for the series in general.
I will definitely rewatch everything when its over, but I hope for something in the last 6 episodes.

Also I need the piano cover of the main theme that played in the middle of the episode. It was epic.

McGillis might get the lelouch ending. Would surely fit his character. I do want him to be a good person in the end.

What would Kudelia even do? Help Mika fight the mobile armor? I get wanting Kudelia to be more relevant but there really hasn't been any reason when Tekkadan is constantly in armed conflict.
She achieved her s1 goal and stayed in a political position to keep working, her current role makes sense.
She might become relevant again though
Feb 19, 2017 6:26 PM

Jan 2017
I was sooo wanting to see Gundam Bael vs Gundam Vidar but I guess its still "too soon".

They way they portrayed Iok made me almost think the dude will survive or "regain" his honor but I really just want a horrible death for him. I hope the writers don't forget all the awful shit he's been a catalyst for..guy needs to die.

But yeah,I enjoyed the episode and the scene at the end with Mika and Astra was touching.

McGillis gives off Griffith vibes to me,I'm almost certain he's set up this battle to cripple arianrhod fleet and he's sacrificing tekkadan to do that.

PlaguechanFeb 19, 2017 6:34 PM
Feb 19, 2017 7:19 PM
Dec 2016
GangsterCat said:
yea funny how season 1 it seems everyone acting like kudelia is so important and will change everything
season 2? completely irrelevant and doing jackshit to anything.

The show never promised her character to change everything in an epic way. In fact, the title of "Maiden of Revolution" was something that Nobliss Gordon tacked on her and feed it to the oppressed people for his company's benefits. Remember Kudelia's primary goal in season1?: economical independence for the Chryse city of Mars and its people by having the total rights to manage the half-metal resources from the Arbrau economy-bloc. She already achieved that rights at the end of Season 1 and now in Season 2 it's her job to manage the half-metal mines by cooperating with Nobliss & Teiwaz to make Chryse more prosper like she wanted. Making a city and its residents prosper is not like flipping a hand. It takes a lot of time. Now, she's basically a head of a big mining company that has long-term job to serve the people of Chryse. She might be spending time off-screen behind a desk, but she's working extra hard. Just because you don't see her making on-screen speeches doesn't mean she's doing jackshit. You want a princess who's all talk in the middle of battles? You already got Relena Peacecraft for that.

That said, it would be nice if Kudelia received more screentime and focus out of her office expanding her role to do something about the current war (probably in future episodes). But if it doesn't happen, I wouldn't hold it against the show since the focus of the story has always been on Tekkadan anyway and Kudelia has her own big responsibility on Mars. In fact, IBO has been pretty consistent with her character working hard to achieve her own goal that may or may not be different from Tekkadan's goal.
Feb 19, 2017 7:29 PM

Jun 2015
The scene with Almiria and McGillis was intense. Was not expecting her to take her own life. She looked so confused. Can't really blame. McGillis did killed her brother. Atra confessed her feelings for Mika. Him hugging her was nice. Next episode is going to be a battle.
Feb 19, 2017 8:20 PM
Jan 2015
Oh man, I'm getting more hyped for this final battle.
My Queens

Feb 19, 2017 8:49 PM
Dec 2016
rioplats said:
He could have framed anyone to be honest. He framed Gaelio solely because Okada wanted a grudge match between them in season 2; that's not a reasonable in-universe explanation imo.
I just can't believe that he cares about Almiria, sorry, as I've mentioned above. This is no Lalah/Char.

No, the reason why it had to be Gaelio is because Gaelio picked up Ein who was willing to do anything to avenge Crank. It wasn't so much of a plan as an opportunity. That Gaelio was easily pliable is but a bonus.

He takes an awful lot of care with Almiria even though he's technically all powerful now. He definitely cares for her.
Feb 19, 2017 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
I can't even appreciate that scene between Almiria and McGillis. I'm having major trust issues. Anything coming out of Chocolate Man's mouth, I can't seem to trust anymore. It's possible that he just feels for her because she's only a child and he's been through one hell of a childhood. He seems quite soft when it comes to kids.

But!!! I still don't know what to make out of everything he's doing. The more I think about it, the more I feel underwhelmed. The buildup felt so hyped. The expectations were soaring, then all of a sudden... what the heck is McGillis doing? So childish?? A few more episodes left to redeem his character.. I hope they redeem his character. If not, rip.

Really glad Orga confronted him tbh. Poor Orga keeps having to make heavy decisions for his family. If only they were more outspoken instead of always making him do everything... he doesn't have Biscuit anymore ;;

That Mika x Atra scene <3 Please don't be a death flag ;w; It'sprobablyadeathflagfff.
Feb 19, 2017 10:16 PM
Aug 2015
I am so hyped for these last episodes this has been one of my favorite gundam series to date.

To all those saying Kudelia was shelved. In my opinion Kudelia served her purpose which was to set up a world where the poor could have equal rights, and to lobby for better wages for them. Which was what the whole half metal deal was all about in the season one finale. The second season is dealing with the rest of the players on the board. The world may be changing around them, but they remain fighting for a place in the world.
Feb 19, 2017 10:16 PM

May 2015
Damn Fam! Things don’t look good for Tekkadan...

If by any chance Tekkadan survives as an organization (I said this because I truly believe the majority would die [The Alamo] trying to protect their dreams for future generations) I think they would implement a round table for their decision making (not leaving all the burden to one person [so that children can’t go through what they had gone through]) and that would be a nice homage to Biscuit.

I think Kudelia role is going to be carrying the boy’s legacy after this last conflict I don’t think she is going to have any impact in terms of political influence taking in consideration the number of episodes left and her words to Atra in addition to her praying pose in this episode, maybe she is going to become the new leader of Tekkadan in their restructuring…

I think Chocolate man said her last words to Almiria (deliberately) maybe he is going to sacrifice himself for his cause (he said to her that he promised her that she is going to be happy in the future) thus letting her move on from all the suffering she was dealt by his actions, what if key word what if he purposely left Gaelio alive knowing that he is a fair man thus making him the perfect man for being Gjallarhorn leader in his place.

On a side note:
That preview doesn’t look good for Shino but then again, I said the same thing for Almiria in the previous preview and things turn out OK.

Kotori_Sonoda said:
That scene with Almiria. I really feel sorry for teh poor girl now.
That was a lot to process for a child... poor girl :(

fst said:
Is this a good time to question whether or not Agnika Kaieru is really inside that thing?
Well this couple of episode are vial for this because I think he will take over McGillis (yeah, a cop out) to make him the true villain at the end of all of this...

Plaguechan said:
They way they portrayed Iok made me almost think the dude will survive or "regain" his honor but I really just want a horrible death for him. I hope the writers don't forget all the awful shit he's been a catalyst for..guy needs to die.
Imagine this dude becoming the next leader of Gjallarhorn by default all of the major players/houses died in this last battle, the thing is it might be a possibility, F*ck!
Feb 19, 2017 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Roy_Focker said:

Plaguechan said:
Imagine this dude becoming the next leader of Gjallarhorn by default all of the major players/houses died in this last battle, the thing is it might be a possibility, F*ck!

Oh please, lord no. I will be dumb-founded if Iok becomes leader by default. Then again, that would be an unexpected play from left-field. Geezes...
Feb 19, 2017 11:32 PM

Jan 2008
I don't approve of McGillis/Almiria but the scene was sure intense. I still think McGillis does care for Almiria in his own way and that he doesn't want to harm her. It's just that he's doing it in a not healthy way. He's obsessed with power and that clouds his judgment and decisions. And maybe he's a pedo. Well, nothing surprising as he was a victim of sexual abuse in his childhood.

I hate that McGillis is using Tekkadan for his own cause but that's something we all knew, right? I just know that Tekkadan will incur a lot of sacrifices this coming battle. Maybe Orga wasn't wise enough to team with McGillis and this battle will make him realize that. I don't know who is going to die but most probably Orga will. Mikazuki is there too but who knows.

I liked the scene between Mikazuki and Atra. I've been rooting for Atra but I never expected her to come out and confess. I think Kudelia's words and the fact that it's the last battle what gave her the courage to do it. But the thing is, does Mikazuki have the same feelings as her or was it just the moment that made him react that way? Yes, he does treasure Atra but I don't think he is in love with her. I wonder if that moment will result in Atra getting pregnant? :p Let's just hope neither of them dies but who am I kidding.
Feb 20, 2017 1:14 AM
Nov 2015
I am surprised at the amount of character development this anime has. Maybe it's because there are 2 seasons with 25 episodes each, but it's rare when I don't want any of the main characters to die. I mean the whole Tekkadan, McGillis and Gaelio are all well developed.
Feb 20, 2017 3:30 AM

Apr 2015
damn... Macky is such a lady killer...
Vidar fused with Kimaris in next episode... nice...
i really wish Iok die in the last battle... hate that guy...
Feb 20, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2011
Noice said:

I kind of doubt they'd do that in this show to be honest, I think the whole baby's thing was to show just how out of it mika and atra are due to their upbringing. Then again okada is a weird writer so it could totally of happened. We'll see next episode.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 20, 2017 6:06 AM

Jun 2013
This episode proofed Mari Okada has shit taste romance
Thank you for make kudelia become guest character and destroyed maki-kude ship
Feb 20, 2017 7:10 AM
May 2013
This is a prediction, but I think the boss from Teiwaz is gonna come through for Tekkadan with the remaining Turbines.

Bullshit if Azee doesn't fight in the last battle.
Feb 20, 2017 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
Shunaria said:
You do realize the shows not over and its very likely gonna go for polygamy anyway in the hypothetical scenario where mika survives, hell atra might potentially wind up dying in the coming episodes too which i hope not for.

I am mad kudelia was kind of reduced to a side character but im still hopeful after this "final" battle she will play apart in the final conflict when mcgillis inevitably fucks tekkadan over. That or who knows maybe this really is the climax of the series since victory gundam's final conflict lasted from basically episode 42 to the end.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 20, 2017 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
all the freaking death flags
Feb 20, 2017 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
senoy2 said:
shion16 said:

This was so cute and so necesary for all of us.

I don't care about shipping, but I really want an ending where Mikazuki wouldn't have to fight again. Even if He couldn't move at all after the final battle, give him some rest alongside Atra and Kudelia.

Yes thats the true good end.

All i'm saying is that if Atra dies but Mika lives that's the definition of a tragedy. I will riot.
Feb 20, 2017 4:28 PM

May 2015
Fatentity said:

Oh please, lord no. I will be dumb-founded if Iok becomes leader by default. Then again, that would be an unexpected play from left-field. Geezes...
I don’t want it either but Carta is gone, the two geezers (Nemo Baklazan & I don't remember the name of the other) are irrelevant in terms of power, Gaelio Bauduin has a death flag and his house name is in shambles because of McGillis, I think McGillis Fareed is going to die, Rastall Elion is going to sacrifice himself for some of his subordinates… Who else remain with not only a position at the council but has a legendary name/house behind his legacy? Yep, you guess it, Ioq…
Feb 20, 2017 5:06 PM

Sep 2014
Inugirlz said:
senoy2 said:

All i'm saying is that if Atra dies but Mika lives that's the definition of a tragedy. I will riot.

Yes but I think they raised a death flag on Atra this episode so you can expect that.
Feb 20, 2017 5:36 PM

Nov 2008
looking forward to some good mobile suit battles, but worried who won't be coming back from the battlefield.

Feb 20, 2017 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
GangsterCat said:
pretty weird to see tekkadan so insignificant. mcgills basically just set a dog fight between arianhord and tekkadan and probably want a double K.O so he can clean up everything later on. and orga agreed just like that? wtf

My thoughts exactly,lol. Like, you're a mercenary group Tekkedan damn it, so Orga should do what any reasonable mercenary group would do and be like "Yo,fuck this shit,we're out."

Nowhere to go my ass. They can just openly claim that they'll stay out of the conflict and then perhaps seek to join Teiwaz again, or just do various jobs suited for their group. A start from scratch again,kinda, but you do whatcha gotta do. Least they wouldn't suffer major casualties for no reason that way.
Feb 20, 2017 8:14 PM

Jan 2008
Shunaria said:

Why does this prove Okada has bad taste in romance? Just because you prefer Kudelia doesn't mean that she has to be the one. Also, Kudelia is much more mature than the boys in Tekkadan and she has bigger responsibilities to worry about than getting entangled in a love triangle with Atra and Mikazuki. Sure, Kudelia is a typical Gundam heroine but Atra is a refreshing change, IMO.

Saying that, I highly doubt we will see a happy ending but who knows. Maybe if Atra dies, then Kudelia will be with Mikazuki in the future.
Feb 20, 2017 8:48 PM
Dec 2016
ManlyTear said:
GangsterCat said:
pretty weird to see tekkadan so insignificant. mcgills basically just set a dog fight between arianhord and tekkadan and probably want a double K.O so he can clean up everything later on. and orga agreed just like that? wtf

My thoughts exactly,lol. Like, you're a mercenary group Tekkedan damn it, so Orga should do what any reasonable mercenary group would do and be like "Yo,fuck this shit,we're out."

Nowhere to go my ass. They can just openly claim that they'll stay out of the conflict and then perhaps seek to join Teiwaz again, or just do various jobs suited for their group. A start from scratch again,kinda, but you do whatcha gotta do. Least they wouldn't suffer major casualties for no reason that way.

You really think Arianrhod will let Tekkadan go after openly assisting McGillis' coup and taking over Vingolf (G-Horn's HQ) by making Barbatos pummeling a number of Vingolf Grazes and killing their pilots inside? That won't work. The moment Tekkadan helped McG with his coup, their fate is sealed together in the eyes of Rustal & Arianrhod. Arianrhod will chase them and punish them like they punished rebellious colonists in past episodes. Even if Tekkadan were able to escape the Arianrhod this time and go back to Mars, Arianrhod will follow them with large forces like Iok did to McG back during the MA-arc. So yes, Tekkadan has no better choice right now. Better fight now while McG is still supporting them with his forces to crush Arianrhod once and for all rather than running to fight Arianrhod alone later.

HatsumiShinogu said:
Sure, Kudelia is a typical Gundam heroine but Atra is a refreshing change, IMO.

Atra as a childhood-friend character is nothing new in Gundam. It has been done since the very first Gundam with Frau Bow accompanying Amuro, which then continued in subsequent Gundam series with female childhood-friend characters like Fa Yuiry, Elle Fianno, Shakti Kareen, Rain Mikamura, etc.
Feb 21, 2017 3:03 AM
Oct 2007
vukhanh1994hn said:
SilverDio said:
Everyone has a deathflag now except Iok... FUCK!!!.
i dont know if anyone noticed this, but in second opening of season 2, 5 guys appeared on the tekkadan flag's background (Rustal, Iok, Gali Gali, Jasley and Naze), and 2 of them died (i dont think it not just coincidence)

I hope this is true because this episode just raised death flags for the entire Tekkadan in my opinion and seems like Iok will be the only survivor to take over the new Gjallarhorn..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2017 5:17 AM
Apr 2016
Oh oh I got it, how it ends! As someone has suggested, for some reason Agnika takes control of McGillis's body and probably mind, like, "reicarnating", what McGillis would have certainly liked. He sends out a battle cry for the mobile armours, which would be 2 of them I guess, and both sides start wrecking a new, unpredecent foe - Bael + two mobile armours.
Re:formed
Feb 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
Inugirlz said:
senoy2 said:

its much more likely mika will die if anything.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 21, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2008
I saw death flags everywhere and on everyone.
Needed that Mika x Atra moment.
Feb 21, 2017 8:15 PM

Oct 2008
"Last battle", just like a game...the final showdown!
4/5.

Feb 21, 2017 8:44 PM
Jun 2010
They dont have a choice but to fight head on with mcgillis...

I hate mcgillis for involving tekkaden in his fight and hes not that wise leader like orga when it comes to planning...i mean compared to orga, mcgillis plan didnt work and he doesnt have a set of plan or cantingency plan... I hope he too will die lolz... You want mika x atra x kudelia but i think it will be orga x kudelia lolz...just like meribit and yukinoji-san its a wak when i learned about them lolz
Feb 22, 2017 12:48 AM

Aug 2015
McGillis' dramatic reunion with Almiria was very intense. His motivations only grow more and more interesting. I can't tell if he actually cares for her and loves her in a non-romantic sense, or rather the idea that she represents.

Orga finally stands up for Tekkadan and lets McGillis know the ground they stand on. Orga's really been through the ringer this whole season, and I hope he can manage to guide Tekkadan to the best relative outcome in this predicament.

Atra's confession to Mikazuki... just to much. Her love for him just seems so innocent and warm, I can't help but hope that she can somehow end up with him. Their last, fleeting moments before the battle to end all battles was definitely the highlight of the episode for me.
Feb 22, 2017 1:23 AM

Jan 2008
sakura_sokoro said:

You want mika x atra x kudelia but i think it will be orga x kudelia lolz...just like meribit and yukinoji-san its a wak when i learned about them lolz

I actually liked the idea of Orga/Kudelia from the start but sadly I don't think it will happen. Orga might die after all, right? It's true that Kudelia somehow moved on from her feelings for Mikazuki but I still don't think there will be a romantic resolution but I hope I'm wrong. I ship Mikazuki/Atra and Orga/Kudelia.
HatsumiShinoguFeb 22, 2017 3:52 AM
Feb 22, 2017 1:39 AM
Jun 2010
I actually liked the idea of Orga/Kudelia since the start but sadly I don't think it will happen. Orga might die after all, right? It's true that Kudelia somehow moved on from her feelings for Mikazuki but I still don't think there will be a romantic resolution but I hope I'm wrong. I ship Mikazuki/Atra and Orga/Kudelia.[/quote]

Im actually a orga x kudelia from season 1.. There is just no hint abt developing their relationship but at the end of ep. 24 kudelia looked at orga and at that time i was kind of "oh!"... Orga wont die theres no possibility that he will die... But i feel that his decision for joining mcgillis will cause a lot to tekkaden
Feb 22, 2017 5:13 AM

Jun 2009
Old_Raven said:

By removing Iznario Fareed and Gaelio, McGillis became the Head of 2 familes of the Seven Stars. And by leading Carta to her death and inheriting her position in the Outer Earth Orbit Something Something, he virtually took over the now memberless Issue family. It was all to increase his standing above the other Seven Stars. And now we know that Ein and Gaelio's relationship was the perfect means for him to test the Alaya-Vijnana surgery in adults.

Except the need to become head of the Bauduin family is entirely non-sequitur once the Deus Ex Machina was revealed that whosoever sat in the Bael controls Gjallarhorn in its entirety. He wasn't even dual head when this happened, so it is and was completely pointless.

I already said it was acceptable for him to use Carta and Ein. Getting rid of his adopted father was also a boon so he could consolidate control of Bael. He didn't need Gaelio at all; this was meta story writing.
GrimanirFeb 22, 2017 5:21 AM
Feb 22, 2017 5:18 AM

Jun 2009
starkipraggy said:

No, the reason why it had to be Gaelio is because Gaelio picked up Ein who was willing to do anything to avenge Crank. It wasn't so much of a plan as an opportunity. That Gaelio was easily pliable is but a bonus.

He takes an awful lot of care with Almiria even though he's technically all powerful now. He definitely cares for her.

I mean, I guess it could have been an opportunity to "get rid of a rival", but seriously; Gaelio would have done anything for McGillis. It was like Char and Garma except McGillis hasn't sworn revenge on Gaelio's family.

Also, have you read my analysis of McGillis' treatment of Almiria? Looks like a form of mental complex to me. He's treating her well because he made a promise to do so and can't bear breaking it, not because he cares about her. That's how I see it anyway. Feel free to disagree though. He could care; that doesn't redeem him in my eyes :P
Feb 23, 2017 7:12 AM
Dec 2016
rioplats said:
Except the need to become head of the Bauduin family is entirely non-sequitur once the Deus Ex Machina was revealed that whosoever sat in the Bael controls Gjallarhorn in its entirety. He wasn't even dual head when this happened, so it is and was completely pointless.

No? McGillis himself even stated as much this episode, he didn't really expect to take full control of G.horn just by sitting in Bael (which is realistic -- think about it, will everyone obey Trump 100% just cuz he's the President of the US?). He off'd Carta and got her fleet and by extension her forces, so that he can actually put up any sort of fight against Rustal. If he had become the Baudwin family head as well he would have gotten their forces too. Bael just gives him a legitimate claim to being the sole leader of G.horn and allowing him to render the Seven Stars defunct once he establishes his superiority through military might.

rioplats said:
I mean, I guess it could have been an opportunity to "get rid of a rival", but seriously; Gaelio would have done anything for McGillis. It was like Char and Garma except McGillis hasn't sworn revenge on Gaelio's family.

Also, have you read my analysis of McGillis' treatment of Almiria? Looks like a form of mental complex to me. He's treating her well because he made a promise to do so and can't bear breaking it, not because he cares about her. That's how I see it anyway. Feel free to disagree though. He could care; that doesn't redeem him in my eyes :P

McGillis also recognises that IMO; if not for the fact that he needed a pawn to test the Alaya-Shiki that would keep the test itself in strict confidence (being illegal and all) he might not even have sacrificed Gaelio. Maybe he would have somewhere down the road if Gaelio ever disagreed with him, but it would have been much later.

Considering the fact that McGillis backstabs his closest friends, to say that he isn't trustworthy is an understatement, and that applies to his promises too. It's possible that it's some super weird complex where backstabs are A-OK but breaking promises isn't, but there's literally no set-up for it in his backstory, and we're watching Gundam, not Psycho-Pass. I must say that he hasn't actually broken any promises he's made on screen (yet) though.
Feb 23, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
rioplats said:
Old_Raven said:

I already said it was acceptable for him to use Carta and Ein. Getting rid of his adopted father was also a boon so he could consolidate control of Bael. He didn't need Gaelio at all; this was meta story writing.
the bael itself wasnt the endgame for McGillis it was just a final nail in the coffin to overtaking the families. He took out gaelio as well as carta because hes aiming for complete control over the entire government and gaelio would only be in his way especially once galeio would of inevitably found out what McGillis did to carta and ein. Gaelio was a loyal friend but he would turn on McGillis the second he learned of his corruption making him a liability, this was shown to be true hence why McGillis tried to kill him when he did. The timing was perfect as not only did he take out his father from power but also became the new heir to the bauduin and issue family all in basically the same day.

The reason McGillis anticipated the 2 remaining families to back him was solely cause he had already amassed power over half the families due to his betrayals to both gaelio and carta equally. Without the other his plan would be evne more uncertain. He always intended to back rustal and Iok into a corner, take over control of 3 fleets (carta, fareed, and bauduin) then coerce the remaining 2 parties into joining him after the final straw of the bael was captured. It sucks for gaelio but he absolutly needed to die for this plan to work.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Oh oh I got it, how it ends! As someone has suggested, for some reason Agnika takes control of McGillis's body and probably mind, like, "reicarnating", what McGillis would have certainly liked. He sends out a battle cry for the mobile armours, which would be 2 of them I guess, and both sides start wrecking a new, unpredecent foe - Bael + two mobile armours.
This would have to be the absolute worst possible option the show could ever go, like this is such a bad idea it would actually ruin the entirety of the show for not only wasting 40+ episodes of build up that already has McGillis on the path for final boss anyway, but also introducing nigh supernatural elements for the sake of it.
JizzyHitlerFeb 23, 2017 9:18 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 25, 2017 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
starkipraggy said:

No? McGillis himself even stated as much this episode, he didn't really expect to take full control of G.horn just by sitting in Bael (which is realistic -- think about it, will everyone obey Trump 100% just cuz he's the President of the US?). He off'd Carta and got her fleet and by extension her forces, so that he can actually put up any sort of fight against Rustal. If he had become the Baudwin family head as well he would have gotten their forces too. Bael just gives him a legitimate claim to being the sole leader of G.horn and allowing him to render the Seven Stars defunct once he establishes his superiority through military might.

I just fail to see the link between said urgency/need for the Baudwin forces and what is represented in the episode. I do realise that he admitted to Orga that the Bael wouldn't mean absolute control, but his actions seem counteractive to his goal.
Why was he so nonchalant last episode when Gaelio revealed himself? Why didn't he use the Bael to help the Barbatos kill Gaelio? Surely he would have known that Gallus and Almiria would find out Gaelio was alive if he escaped? "No need to chase him. My plan has succeeded." - his exact words.

So basically: your choice of interpretation. Either McGillis is poorly written on purpose or his plan is terrible and flawed.
In either interpretation, it is Okada's onus; she needed Tekkadan to be involved (McGillis had to be outmatched by Rustal), so McGillis couldn't get his hands on the Baudwin forces, so she just dropped the idea unresolved.
Feb 26, 2017 5:13 AM

Sep 2014
AnimeSoap said:
Comander-07 said:
Thank you for reminding me why I kinda hate this seasons gundam.
Its all so epic, but why would you introduce Kudelia like the most important character of the universe and then make her sit behing a desk for the whole second season?!
This is a biiiig minus for the series in general.
I will definitely rewatch everything when its over, but I hope for something in the last 6 episodes.

Also I need the piano cover of the main theme that played in the middle of the episode. It was epic.

McGillis might get the lelouch ending. Would surely fit his character. I do want him to be a good person in the end.

What would Kudelia even do? Help Mika fight the mobile armor? I get wanting Kudelia to be more relevant but there really hasn't been any reason when Tekkadan is constantly in armed conflict.
She achieved her s1 goal and stayed in a political position to keep working, her current role makes sense.
She might become relevant again though

Like idk negotiating and stuff. Why does she even exist atm. She literally sits behind a desk without doing anything. Obviously she would not fight herself, but maybe unite the mars forces to join tekkadan or negotiate with the earth forces to seice support for gjallarhorn. Like something.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 1, 2017 6:40 AM
Dec 2016
rioplats said:
I just fail to see the link between said urgency/need for the Baudwin forces and what is represented in the episode. I do realise that he admitted to Orga that the Bael wouldn't mean absolute control, but his actions seem counteractive to his goal.
Why was he so nonchalant last episode when Gaelio revealed himself? Why didn't he use the Bael to help the Barbatos kill Gaelio? Surely he would have known that Gallus and Almiria would find out Gaelio was alive if he escaped? "No need to chase him. My plan has succeeded." - his exact words.

So basically: your choice of interpretation. Either McGillis is poorly written on purpose or his plan is terrible and flawed.
In either interpretation, it is Okada's onus; she needed Tekkadan to be involved (McGillis had to be outmatched by Rustal), so McGillis couldn't get his hands on the Baudwin forces, so she just dropped the idea unresolved.

There was a lot of "We're moving the schedule forward" talk between McGillis and Isurugi early on in the season, so I'm guessing the Baudwin forces became a non-factor for McGillis. Considering the fact that Papa Baudwin is still very much alive, it's very unlikely that McGillis would have access to the Baudwin forces even if Gaelio were still on his side.

As for the Gaelio factor, I mean he did have a sneak preview at around episode 11 when Vidar just popped up to showboat and be like "herpderp Mcgillis you bastard". That was so obviously Gaelio, he would be an idiot if he didn't realise that and factor it into his plans. As for why he didn't participate in smacking Gaelio last episode, his ass hasn't even warmed the seat of Bael, I don't think he's exactly in the condition to participate in high-speed beatdowns.

McGillis probably thinks that Gundams will curbstomp everything after the MA fight. The plan is probably something like "get a pile of Gundam frames, curbstomp enemy fleet ezpz". Anyway we don't even know what Bael is capable of yet. I'll reserve judgement.
Mar 4, 2017 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
All that buildup... I do hope I won't be disappointed by this "final battle".

There is no clear "bad guy". Maybe McGillis, but this old dude they're all fighting against... who's he again? It's not like he's had much of an introduction. Why should I side with him instead of the "traitor"?
Mar 5, 2017 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
That scene between Almiria and McGillis damn...
This episode was a typical calm before the storm.
That ending...did something else happened between Atra and Mikazuki???

Noice said:

Yes, I thought exactly the same.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 22, 2017 8:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All says that it will be the last battle, but i belive the death are greater to other battles!!! :/
Apr 1, 2017 1:16 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
GangsterCat said:
yea funny how season 1 it seems everyone acting like kudelia is so important and will change everything
season 2? completely irrelevant and doing jackshit to anything.

Yeah I was a fan of Kudelia in first season, but she just lost alot of spotlight on S2, that I even didnt care that much for her anymore, "nice" way to put you stop caring about certain characters...

Also poor Almiria, but still there is some truth in what McGillis says, I cant blame it 100%, talk about the gray zone.
Apr 20, 2017 12:25 PM

Feb 2012
Almiria now has McGillis's blood on her hands.

I think Agnika is a brain in a tank.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 8, 2017 7:21 AM

Mar 2015
The last fight.... So ominous
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.