Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 18, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
It was a show that took me by surpsire by how subtely the story was told and how much detail was poured into its production values and character designs. It has such a low rating (6.69) which I feel is unforgivable. Does anyone else feel remotely like I do? All the feedback I've ever read of (in reviews or otherwise) is that it is either just cute, or boring...
IntelosFeb 15, 2018 8:59 AM
Feb 18, 2017 11:45 AM

Feb 2013
Not To Heart specifically, but there comes a moment in every experienced animeer's career when they find such a series... Treasure this feel for it will not come again soon.
Feb 18, 2017 11:47 AM

May 2015
No, I don't love the series but for it's worth I haven't watched it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2017 11:54 AM

Oct 2014
There are 39 people who have in it their top 10 so I can only assume there would be other people who like it as much as you do. None of my favourites are that low, but two of them only have 60 favourites which isn't too much more. Anime that not too many people have seen and not that high of a percentage of viewers really liked tend to have very low favourites counts, but they often do have at least a couple.
Feb 18, 2017 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Well for such an unpopular series this is a far from bad rating tbh, since people who watch less popular shows often tend to be harsher with their ratings, haven't read the reviews but the top ones are definetely poaitive so I dunno watcha talking aboot.

Also most morons give every harem a low score becuase they have shit taste, that being said, I haven't seen it... Yet, on you go to my PTW list.
Feb 18, 2017 1:26 PM

Jun 2007
I don't know if I love it as much, but I definitely like and respect it quite a bit. To Heart '99 was one of the first "based on erogame" TV series to be made, and the first significant hit from that genre. It featured a fairly renowned production staff (including a surprising amount of overlap with Berserk's crew), various 90s veteran voice actors, and was a breakout role for then-new VAs such as Ayako Kawasumi and Yui Horie.

On a personal level, TH'99 was the first series I ever downloaded back in 2005, as its R1 release (which I then bought as it came out in 2007) was far from being scheduled at the time. It was the 2nd "based on erogame" show I watched, after seeing numerous references to it in Comic Party. Storywise... well, it's not going to win over anyone who dislikes highschool-settings/harem anime. But I found it to be a warm, pleasant watch that worked in subplots from secondary heroines' routes while generally keeping the focus on the central Hiroyuki/Akari relationship, and providing drama/conflict from the Multi storyline.

And in fact, I liked the franchise enough that I not only sought out the To Heart ~ Remember my Memories sequel series, I also worked on a softsubbed DVD re-release of it several years later.
Feb 18, 2017 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
I heard it's a nice calming SoL Anime, i will watch it someday.
Feb 18, 2017 2:14 PM

Oct 2014
MrAwesome2017 said:
I heard it's a nice calming SoL Anime, i will watch it someday.

That truly pleases me. If such a simple forum can get more people to enjoy this underground gem (imo), I couldn't ask for more!
Feb 18, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
Zalis said:
I don't know if I love it as much, but I definitely like and respect it quite a bit. To Heart '99 was one of the first "based on erogame" TV series to be made, and the first significant hit from that genre. It featured a fairly renowned production staff (including a surprising amount of overlap with Berserk's crew), various 90s veteran voice actors, and was a breakout role for then-new VAs such as Ayako Kawasumi and Yui Horie.

On a personal level, TH'99 was the first series I ever downloaded back in 2005, as its R1 release (which I then bought as it came out in 2007) was far from being scheduled at the time. It was the 2nd "based on erogame" show I watched, after seeing numerous references to it in Comic Party. Storywise... well, it's not going to win over anyone who dislikes highschool-settings/harem anime. But I found it to be a warm, pleasant watch that worked in subplots from secondary heroines' routes while generally keeping the focus on the central Hiroyuki/Akari relationship, and providing drama/conflict from the Multi storyline.

And in fact, I liked the franchise enough that I not only sought out the To Heart ~ Remember my Memories sequel series, I also worked on a softsubbed DVD re-release of it several years later.

Thank you for such a relavent and detailed reply. I'm glad that you respect the franchise enough so that you bought some of its mechandise and whatnot. I've heard that the sequel, Remember my memories, is worse that the prequel; I believe it left some of its fans quite disappointed. What do you think? Is it worth watching?
Feb 18, 2017 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
It was just OK for me. But the art quality is incredible for a series like this. And well, look at my signature :p
And about the ratings: just stop looking on it. Many great series has rating 6.x.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 19, 2017 12:21 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Jun 24, 2020 12:15 AM

Apr 2015
First time I bothered to search ToHeart on MAL and it's really jarring to me how unpopular and low it(and Digi Charat for that matter) is; it's a bonafide OG and one of the few otaku franchises I was aware of before actually becoming one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Heart Episode 10 Discussion

teasaveslives - Mar 4, 2011

5 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Mar 9, 11:49 PM

Poll: » To Heart Episode 8 Discussion

teasaveslives - Mar 3, 2011

5 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Mar 7, 7:49 PM

Poll: » To Heart Episode 7 Discussion

NakolHira - Jul 17, 2023

2 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Mar 7, 1:08 AM

Poll: » To Heart Episode 5 Discussion

l33tmeatwad - Nov 21, 2010

3 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Mar 4, 12:44 AM

Poll: » To Heart Episode 4 Discussion

Guts-Valley - Mar 11, 2021

2 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Mar 3, 12:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.