Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 18, 2017 8:55 AM
Feb 2017
so a trap is 'An anime trap is a boy who looks so convincingly like a female, that by the time you realize you have made a mistake, it's already too late. '

I don't think reincarnation meets that definition.

So Tanya a girl.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
KuuroFeb 15, 2021 8:25 AM
Feb 18, 2017 9:10 AM
Jul 2013
It's not that Tanya looks like a female - she is one biologically, just with the mind of a fully grown man.

So not a trap at all, just really awkward since she possesses memories of a previous life as a man.
Feb 18, 2017 7:36 PM

Nov 2014
I think that it would be weird to fap to her either way.

Feb 18, 2017 8:20 PM

Oct 2007
ExTemplar said:

Perhaps, but not gonna stop me from trying.
Feb 19, 2017 6:41 AM

Nov 2012
iLove3P said:
ExTemplar said:

Perhaps, but not gonna stop me from trying.

If there's a will, there's a way.
Godspeed good sir.
Feb 19, 2017 7:28 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Doommaker said:
It's not that Tanya looks like a female - she is one biologically, just with the mind of a fully grown man.

So not a trap at all, just really awkward since she possesses memories of a previous life as a man.
Correct - Tanya is neither a trap nor gender bender, she was simply born a female with a grown male's previous memories.

GnomeKiller112 said:
So Tanya a girl. or she is Hitler's daughter from a previous life
Again, wrong war - Tanya can be labeled a loli Fascist, but not a loli-Nazi, since this is in effect WWI, not WWII
Feb 19, 2017 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
elkensteyin said:
Doommaker said:

Correct - Tanya is neither a trap nor gender bender, she was simply born a female with a grown male's previous memories.

That makes sense. That would be really bizarre if gender were conserved and accumulated after reincarnation.

At the very least, Tanya could be a transgender if she identifies herself as a male. That's probably a theme the author wanted to tackle briefly, but it is not explored well in the anime.
Feb 19, 2017 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
She's just a psychological trap.
Feb 20, 2017 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
At the very least, Tanya could be a transgender if she identifies herself as a male. That's probably a theme the author wanted to tackle briefly, but it is not explored well in the anime.

wat.

The word probably seems a bit too bold to say there
Feb 20, 2017 12:28 PM

Jul 2016
A simple solution really is to fap at both Tanya's past life and current life.
Feb 20, 2017 2:15 PM
Aug 2016
she is a girl..reincarnated from his past life as a guy but fact is she is a girl.

what is fked up is not cause you want to fap to her..its the fact your fapping to a 9 year old and you are considering it. O.o

that is so fked up.
Feb 20, 2017 2:46 PM
Feb 2017
Well it doesn't seem to matter if Tanya is a Trap or not, because people love her enough that she won second place for a Pixiv Valentine Fan-art Ranking Contest.
Feb 20, 2017 2:58 PM

Sep 2014
Jaksser said:

wat.

I might be wrong, but it is actually a very good opportunity to bring up the concept of transgender in Japanese culture. Because, in Japan, transgender doesn't seem to be a well known reality and it could easily become a social issue given how traditionalist this country can be.

In literature, it is not rare to see something taboo and it is almost always hinted and never clear. For example, it wasn't clearly mentioned that the anime Battery was an anime about acceptance of homosexuality rather than a regular baseball anime. Youjo Senki could be similar and could also be trying to show an acceptation call about transgender in society. I'm not the best in deducing these things, but I'm really intrigued about every decisions an author make. Of course, there must be a reason why the author has chosen a little girl as the reincarnation of a grown man. It's not an idea which the author randomly picked up at the supermarket. He must have to think about it for a long time. And I know that the author is not an idiot and given how the anime is specific about a lot of things implies that there's a high chance that this series contain some hidden message to the society.

Feb 20, 2017 3:21 PM
Feb 2017
Hrybami said:
Jaksser said:

wat.

I might be wrong, but it is actually a very good opportunity to bring up the concept of transgender in Japanese culture. Because, in Japan, transgender doesn't seem to be a well known reality and it could easily become a social issue given how traditionalist this country can be.

In literature, it is not rare to see something taboo and it is almost always hinted and never clear. For example, it wasn't clearly mentioned that the anime Battery was an anime about acceptance of homosexuality rather than a regular baseball anime. Youjo Senki could be similar and could also be trying to show an acceptation call about transgender in society. I'm not the best in deducing these things, but I'm really intrigued about every decisions an author make. Of course, there must be a reason why the author has chosen a little girl as the reincarnation of a grown man. It's not an idea which the author randomly picked up at the supermarket. He must have to think about it for a long time. And I know that the author is not an idiot and given how the anime is specific about a lot of things implies that there's a high chance that this series contain some hidden message to the society.

You can try reading the afterward of the first volume of the light novel if you want to know what the authors intention was, because it seem like he does, yet does not at the same time have an actual message.
Feb 21, 2017 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
Hrybami said:
And I know that the author is not an idiot and given how the anime is specific about a lot of things implies that there's a high chance that this series contain some hidden message to the society.

Maybe but maybe not, social messages into every piece of media gets tiresome tho, in the end it could be about war, about child soldiers, about burocracy, a japanese power fantasy about war and how good they could/should have been *gough* GATE *cough*... so far there has been no mention of gender or sexuality, so I don't know where the idea of the possibility of "identifying as male" comes from, it hasn't been a theme at all.

As it stands right now, the transex theme is as plausible as a creep fantasy about an adult man in the body of a loli... because you know... japan.
Feb 21, 2017 3:24 PM

Dec 2015
She's biologically female so you can't count that as a trap.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 21, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Not really because Tanya was born as a female, it's just mentally its another person.
Feb 21, 2017 4:01 PM

Aug 2016
ExTemplar said:

I agree.

Symphyon said:
Not really because Tanya was born as a female, it's just mentally its another person.

So.. she is trans by this definiton? That even weirder.

So now she is loli trans with mentaly grown man personality/memories... Iam not happy to think of any of these aspects and I still like Tanya. Sh*t this is confusing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2017 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Martin_Taylor said:
ExTemplar said:

I agree.

Symphyon said:

So.. she is trans by this definiton? That even weirder.

So now she is loli trans with mentaly grown man personality/memories... Iam not happy to think of any of these aspects and I still like Tanya. Sh*t this is confusing.

I don't think she's considered as a trans though.

I am more confused as you are with trying to process what Tanya is right now because hell no she's not a trap because if she was then she has to be feminine and have a d*ck too.
Feb 21, 2017 4:21 PM
Sep 2014
"Trap" is commonly used for boys that look feminine to the point of being mistaken for girls. They are boys and have dicks.

Following this definition, Tanya is not a trap because Tanya is a little girl (with only the mind of a man) and has no dick.
Feb 21, 2017 10:00 PM

Nov 2014
Miracle said:
"Trap" is commonly used for boys that look feminine to the point of being mistaken for girls. They are boys and have dicks.

Following this definition, Tanya is not a trap because Tanya is a little girl (with only the mind of a man) and has no dick.
Looks like you got straight to the point.

Feb 23, 2017 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
A trap? No. More like
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
a FAP
Feb 23, 2017 3:59 PM
Mar 2, 2017 4:31 PM
Dec 2010
I wouldn't picture Tanya a trap. I see her similar to Jadzia Dax in Star Trek Deep Space Nine which the host carries a symbiont that retains the memories of all her past host. Many of those host of the past were males.
SilentcidMar 3, 2017 4:19 PM
Mar 3, 2017 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
QWERTYFish25 said:
Natural transgender? 1000th post.

Gratz. Now you must stop posting to not ruin the nice number.
Mar 3, 2017 12:09 PM

Sep 2009
No, she's a gender-bent. Or a transsexual.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 5, 2017 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
Some of your guys commets really make me laugh... You dont seem to understand what reincarnation means. Reincarnation is a whole new start for example lets say if reincarnation was real I am a male in this life but lets say that I was a female in my past life that does not make me a female is this life. Tanya was born a female in this life and she is a female the only difference is that she has her memories of her past life but that does not change her current gender.
Apr 18, 2017 4:21 AM

Oct 2016
Even she's biologically a female, do you think she'll be disgusted to even date a guy? lol /ponder

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 26, 2017 7:18 PM
May 2016
_xDane_ said:
Even she's biologically a female, do you think she'll be disgusted to even date a guy? lol /ponder

i can see it happen like this
Nov 8, 2017 7:57 PM

Feb 2013
iLya said:

Just wait tell she hits teenage years.
Nov 8, 2017 8:02 PM

Oct 2017
Born lesbian. She’s homosexual, she won’t be having sex with men.

Though the whole previously being a grown man thing is just to try and get away with the loli with a big gun cliche and possible lolicon OVA.
Nov 11, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
Username23489023 said:
Born lesbian. She’s homosexual, she won’t be having sex with men.

Though the whole previously being a grown man thing is just to try and get away with the loli with a big gun cliche and possible lolicon OVA.

That's a novel bro. That was never ever writen with an anime adaptation in mind, you can tell that by how much the anime version had to be differing from the original in order to be successful. There is no "possible lolicon ova" planned.
And "loli with a big gun" isn't applying here, since on the contrary she choose a smaller gun than her comrade due to her size (that's why she favours the gun she "collected" from the enemy, it's smaller).
Furthermore, loli with a big gun" isn't frequent enough to be called a cliché, and by far.
Oct 7, 2019 3:09 AM
Jul 2019
A perfect example of "Yes, but actually no."

She's a girl biologically but a grown man mentally. But you don't know that, right? So I guess it's fine.
Oct 13, 2020 11:43 PM
Oct 2020
She's not a trap shes just a man in her previous life in isekai quartet tanya wear a school girl swimsuit i think tanya think himselft as girl.
and in manga she act like one
Dec 19, 2020 6:18 PM

Oct 2014
Nah Tanya is a girl with the memories of her previous life where she was a man. I assume she’s asexual and unlikely to enter into a relationship anytime soon.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Jan 11, 2021 10:29 AM
Jun 2019
Tanya won't be able to decide if she becomes gay by mind or gay by body

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.