Forum Settings
Forums

Are there people who fall in love with American cartoon characters?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2017 5:39 PM

Mar 2008
Marceline from Adventure Time. I find her personality charming and her voice sweet.
Sep 25, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Had a huge crush on Danny Phantom when I was younger.
To some extent I also thought Ron from Kim Possible was cute.
So it's really not out of reach at all.
Sep 25, 2017 8:42 PM

Apr 2017
yeah ofc there are lol lots of people out there and stuff
some of it involving loving american cartoon characters

I havent
mostly an anime guy desu, maybe some southpark tho (kenny best husbando yea)
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Sep 25, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so in love with my cartoon waifu that I wrote her a poem.

Ode to my cartoon waifu.

I love your beautiful, sharp, brown eyes.
If anyone would say you are ugly I would say they are telling lies.
Your skin is like smooth, brown chocolate.
I like how you beat that greedy pickpocket.

Anime fans say but she is not anime
but I don't care what they say.
I love your lips with that purple lipstick
and love you more than any anime chick.

I find you are very beautiful and stylish.
Even though you are not real, relationship is what I want to establish.
Now the only thing left for me to say
is that you are my one and only cartoon bae.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Sep 25, 2017 9:59 PM

Apr 2015
American cartoon characters it is seemingly socially acceptable to admit you want to bang:

Any Disney prince
Lola Bunny in Space Jam
Jessica Rabbit
Scar from The Lion King
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 26, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2016
Lets see. Weirdest crush? Probably a Gargoyle. Like, literally. Demona from Gargoyles.
In retrospect it was possibly due to her scantly clad nature and my hormones maybe? Probably set me upon my ultimate culmination into monster girl though.
Sep 27, 2017 8:11 PM
Jul 2018

So, you want to separate Korra and Asami? D=

Anyway, Asami is such a great character and you can't deny how beautiful that girl is.

Tbh, she is great, but no other cartoon / non-anime-character isn't able to hold a candle to Zuko for me. He is one of my favorite animated-character ever. I could write a whole essay / many paragraphs about the reasons why. He is just bae, okay? :D

alex_ichiban said:
Prince Zuko was my sexual awakening.

You understand!

And srsly, how couldn't you love her that crazy bitch?

CatSoul said:
American cartoon characters it is seemingly socially acceptable to admit you want to bang:

Any Disney prince

Maah, boring. :/ Majority are overly perfect showboats and sleazeballs. Too much plastic, too little personality.

removed-userSep 27, 2017 8:27 PM
Oct 4, 2017 7:42 PM
Jan 2009
If I was married to Jessica Rabbit, I would want her to reproduce like bunnies.
Oct 5, 2017 8:04 PM

Mar 2014
I liked X-men's Rogue back in the day.
Oct 5, 2017 8:20 PM

Aug 2015
Nope, too much american cartoons are focused around comedy so there are very few characters that are actually good. Yeah some are good because of their comedic effect, but that just doesn't interest me
Oct 6, 2017 7:54 AM

Sep 2010
Totally! Just off the top of my head I had crushes on -
Jessica Rabbit, Dimitri from Anastasia, Disney's Robin Hood, Aladdin, Gambit, Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame, Meg from Hercules, Disney's Peter Pan, Jack Skellington, Grim from Billy and Mandy, Thorn from the Hex Girls.

Oh my god this list is too long and it's not even all of them.

Just a few years ago it was Grunkle Stan from Gravity Falls. (oh how embarrassing) I still have a crush on Archer too.
pls don't judge me
Oct 6, 2017 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
Johnny from The Adventures of Johnny Quest was one of my earliest crushes.
Oct 9, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2008
Yes, most cartoon characters are too young for me (now) or not of my...........species... but NICK WILDE IS HOT OKbut it's not terribly unusual at all; they are humanized, after all. Voices also have MUCH to do with the attraction.

All I wanna say is WHERE THE F*CK WAS MARCO DIAZ WHEN I WAS FOURTEEN!!??

Lmao perfect best friend AND boyfriend material....it's so unfair. XD

spuukiebuugi said:
Had a huge crush on Danny Phantom when I was younger.

Lol, I GET YA. XD
ChiibiOct 9, 2017 8:38 AM

Oct 9, 2017 8:32 AM

Nov 2008
animeoshiri said:
, Dimitri from Anastasia,

Oh God, yes. XD

Flynn Rider tho...

(horray these two are legal)

Oct 9, 2017 9:55 AM
Oct 2017
Uh id hope not...cuz they are not even real! Like wtf, how can you be in love with an anime or cartoon charchter. They don't even exist!!!!!!!!!
Oct 9, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
-Ko- said:
Uh id hope not...cuz they are not even real! Like wtf, how can you be in love with an anime or cartoon charchter. They don't even exist!!!!!!!!!

Humans=attracted to other humans

Characters=personified into humans that are voiced by real humans as well.

= humans are attracted to said characters

It's pretty logical and normal.

Oct 9, 2017 11:17 AM

Mar 2013
There will be plenty of people who feel attracted to cartoon characters. "Fall in love" may be a bit extreme, but no doubt there are a small minority of people who do actually feel they are in love with a fictional character.After all, there are people who claim to be "in love" with their pets, or even inanimate objects such as blow up dolls.
Oct 9, 2017 11:47 AM
Oct 2017
Chiibi said:
-Ko- said:

Humans=attracted to other humans

Characters=personified into humans that are voiced by real humans as well.

= humans are attracted to said characters

It's pretty logical and normal.

except for the fact that they are not real. Maybe people do have crushes on fictional charchters lol, I just dont understand why you can have a crush on a fake animated charchter
Oct 9, 2017 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
monochrome-kiss said:
There will be plenty of people who feel attracted to cartoon characters. "Fall in love" may be a bit extreme, but no doubt there are a small minority of people who do actually feel they are in love with a fictional character.After all, there are people who claim to be "in love" with their pets, or even inanimate objects such as blow up dolls.

Yes, the word "love" is tossed around so casually most of us don't bat an eye. XD

people with shrines in their houses to characters though....that scares me a little bit

Oct 9, 2017 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
Chiibi said:
monochrome-kiss said:

Yes, the word "love" is tossed around so casually most of us don't bat an eye. XD

people with shrines in their houses to characters though....that scares me a little bit

Indeed it does, to the point I no longer question it.I somehow ended up reading an article yesterday about a man who supposedly "fathered" several balloons, slept with them in bed and considered them his family. I just thought "yeah...okay, if you like."

Not sure it's a shrine as such, but I do have a lot of Ciel's and Sebastian's in my bedroom. XD
Oct 9, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2008
monochrome-kiss said:

Not sure it's a shrine as such, but I do have a lot of Ciel's and Sebastian's in my bedroom. XD

Oh I have like at least twelve hot guys in mine; including a ball-jointed doll. XD You're fine.

I think it's normal to have several figures of your favorites. Like, perhaps the first one released you bought because it was the first but then other scuplts come out and you like those too so you buy them.

You will probably end up with a chibi model, a regular scale model, a plush, a mascot if they are available.

I just dont understand why you can have a crush on a fake animated charchter

*bangs head on wall*
Because they are still people.
Did you completely ignore my post or....seriously just try to let it sink in. It is VERY easy to understand.
ChiibiOct 9, 2017 12:16 PM

Oct 9, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, Daphne Blake (Scooby Doo) is the best character this world has ever seen
Oct 9, 2017 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
Ty said:
Yeah, Daphne Blake (Scooby Doo) is the best character this world has ever seen
I'm pretty smitten with Daphne too although mainly in the superficial sense.

In Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated she is soo cute looking imo.

She looked really great when she performed with the Hex girls.

She was really sexy in that light purple negligee in Scooby Doo Stage Fright

and also in her bikini in Scooby Doo Camp Scare.

@Maneki-Mew Yeah I find Asami to be gorgeous and Zuko was the best written character in ATLA because of his character development. I'm not really a fan of Harley though..
DrGeroCreationOct 9, 2017 3:37 PM
Oct 11, 2017 7:26 PM

Jul 2013
tbh when i was younger, i really liked some of the non-asian cartoon characters (never sre whether they were actually american or not though.)

i remember really liking the characters in this show

and having crushes on characters in Winx too...

nowadays, the only american cartoon characters i have crushes on are the main cast of Voltron legendary defenders

and the main cast of Big Hero 6
btw replace the white robot with this guy
SkyFullOfStarsOct 11, 2017 7:34 PM
Oct 14, 2017 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
I fell in love with Arthur's cousin (went from a mischievous girl to a cool chick) and babysitter when I was little. The thought of having a sexy babysitter who loves playing video games is still very cool. Buster also had a crush on her and wanted to play video games with her too, he even wanted to hang out with Arthur all the way.
Oct 16, 2017 1:15 PM

Apr 2017
I used to like Mary Jane from Spider-man cartoon when I was a kiddo.
Oct 16, 2017 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
You mean like Starfire or Raven from the original Teen Titans? Yes :3

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 16, 2017 2:46 PM

Nov 2016
lolololololololo

I seriously hope not
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 16, 2017 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
Mayling said:
lolololololololo

I seriously hope not

Why? There's nothing wrong with it?

Oct 16, 2017 11:18 PM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
Mayling said:
lolololololololo

I seriously hope not

No, perfectly normal to harbor romantic feelings for 2D fiction.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 16, 2017 11:21 PM

Sep 2017
every X-Men character I've seeeeen
hi,i like you.
Oct 17, 2017 12:03 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, in my past there's definitely been several. They're characters with looks and personality just like anime characters, or, yes, real life people.
Oct 17, 2017 11:33 AM

Nov 2008
Mayling said:
Chiibi said:

*rolls eyes*

Don't gimme that sarcastic crap. lol. 2D or not, people are still attracted to people. And animation DOES go out of its way to make animated people "hot"....seriously, why do you think it's so popular?

Oct 17, 2017 12:05 PM

Jul 2017
Lunarian said:
Patrick Star is my fucking waifu. Don't even compare waifus since Patrick is above all

Screw you dude, Kingu Neputyunu is best girl.

Oct 17, 2017 12:08 PM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
Mayling said:

*rolls eyes*

Don't gimme that sarcastic crap. lol. 2D or not, people are still attracted to people. And animation DOES go out of its way to make animated people "hot"....seriously, why do you think it's so popular?

Attracted to yes, but actually in love with are two very different things.
Oct 17, 2017 12:25 PM

Nov 2008
Mayling said:
Chiibi said:

*rolls eyes*

Attracted to yes, but actually in love with are two very different things.

Oh, I think OP is using "in love" rather loosely here.....although I don't know for sure.

Oct 19, 2017 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
Ask the older animation crowd, not a weeaboo. But yeah! I also had a crush on Arnold's and Doug's substitute teacher. I also love Daphne, but the old one, so yeah! the old Daphne is so sexy.
Oct 19, 2017 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
Soverign said:
Lets see. Weirdest crush? Probably a Gargoyle. Like, literally. Demona from Gargoyles.
In retrospect it was possibly due to her scantly clad nature and my hormones maybe? Probably set me upon my ultimate culmination into monster girl though.

Probably, because when you had Elisa Maza just next to it, the choice always seemed easy to me. When I was kid, I had a crush on her. Gargoyles was lit. Best Disney Cartoon ever.

Maneki-Mew said:
Anyway, Asami is such a great character and you can't deny how beautiful that girl is.

I also like her a lot.
You could probably add Zatanna to those 2. I love that character, but I can't say why. I didn't read nor see that much of here comic/comics adaptation, but I really like her.
(Someone's gonna say he can see a pattern in here)

But anyway, I think there is a big difference when it comes to loving character between the average cartoon fans and the average anime fan. Popular female cartoon character tends to be like for their look and personnality.
When the anime community has an irrationnal love for mostly generic flowerpot (sure there are exception, Diana Soriel and Kihel Heim first, and I dare anyone to bathmouth any Matsumoto female characters). The "love" anime fans give to characters seem to me more physically based (look at all the waifu and best girl thing). At least for grown up.

I really don't think so. Why do you think like that? ^^" Aren't there similar discussions about comic characters?
And I mean, the appearance is a big plus. Not just because of the appearance in a physical way, it also helps to get you emotionally attached to them imo, after you got to know them. You make a connection between the personality and a specific character design - and recognize that they are looking good as well. XD
Many drawn characters look gorgeous, so it's more about the association and the mix of both, personality and appearance, for me (and maybe many other people?), I think.

Funnily, I get rarely very attached to characters from real series and movies. Ofc, there are always a few exceptions, but it is anime & manga > books > rl series, movies > comics and video games, so I guess the special anime aesthetics and maybe storytelling is perfect for me. ^^

Ooh and let me explain: there are two categories of characters you could adore.
Type 1: I love them! (that poor thing, maybe, sometimes) Just adore them for different aspects and so on.
Type 2: I would "adopt" (that poor thing, maybe, mostly < 14 xD) <- my motherly instincts and feelings kick in! A poor cartoon character I would "adopt", from type 2: Kai, also from Avatar. XD
Uhm and type 3: A mix? 16ish y/o or something? So you are confused inbetween that? XDD
removed-userOct 19, 2017 8:04 PM
Oct 19, 2017 7:45 PM

Jan 2009
ye Jasmine from the Aladdin movie and Jessica from Who Framed Roger Rabbit movie
Oct 19, 2017 7:48 PM

Apr 2015
You ever heard of the Rick and Morty pandemic?

It spreads every second with thousands if not millions of people being affected all at once.

Don't be a crazy fan, just be a "fan". :P
Oct 22, 2017 8:32 AM

May 2009
I've had many cartoon waifus over the past few decades:
- April O'Neill (TMNT)
- Jessica Rabbt
- DeeDee (Dexter's Lab)
- Babs Bunny (Tiny Toon Adventures)
- Lola Bunny (Space Jam)
- Dot Warner (Animaniacs)
- Lisa Simpson (The Simpsons)
- The Powerpuff Girls (Blossom in particular)
- Daphne (Scooby-Doo)
- Scarlett (G.I.Joe)
- Betty Rubblke (Fllntstones)
- The Sorceress (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)
- Ariel (Little Mermaid)
- Alice (Alice in Wonderland)

And probably a lot more. I was into some strange shit when I was a teen...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2017 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
I used to have a crush on Fry from Futurama for some reason. 😂😂
Oct 26, 2017 6:35 PM

Nov 2008
Kurt_Irving said:
Ask the older animation crowd, not a weeaboo.

You DO realize there are PLENTY of adults on this website, don't you? >_>

The "love" anime fans give to characters seem to me more physically based (look at all the waifu and best girl thing). At least for grown up.

That's not true for me. If I'm in love with a character, it means I love EVERYTHING about him; not just his face.

Oct 26, 2017 7:56 PM

Oct 2014
I used to like Clover from Totally Spies lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7564 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
3 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
10 hours ago

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
10 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Yesterday, 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.