Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Post New Reply
Poll: Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 19, 11:08 AM

well the last fight seemed awesome...now the movie had it's flaws but overall had a sense of SAO atmosphere

Feb 9, 2:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

This movie was mostly about the great visuals and coreography, the plot was good enough, I liked how there wasnt a clear villain here, but again the only thing that surprised me where the fights, which were mindblowing, some of the best animation ever done, that last fight was O.O.
Kudos for Asuna to use Mother Rosario, seeing Yuuki tighed my heart a bit, that scene was both epic and very emotional, intense as fuck!

I dont believe the movie would have been as good without the animation reaching such heights, but I m fine with it, since that is part of the charm of SAO.

Kirito and Asuna together managed to be cute once again, props to that, also I didnt miss that uncensored nipple service! :3

Final scene hyping me for Alicization, been a good awhile siince I last read vol14, hope the next season arrives quick so I can recall all those great moments with Kirito, Eugeo & Alice, and keep reading further into the LNs.
Will be a great year for SAO if Alicization starts this year for sure.

8.7/10

Feb 9, 3:01 PM

Really gave the SAO feel. I was a big fan. Really sad about Yuna.

That final fight with floor 100 was pretty cool. And the sudden Gleameyes was nice too. All in all I enjoyed what I watched. Reminded me why I like these sort of things in the first place.

Feb 15, 6:41 AM

Not bad at all. Kirito gets physically fit to fight in AR a bit too quickly, but whatever.
My question is why does MAL have it listed as a prequel to SAO season 2 when
!?

Feb 18, 6:14 AM
SAO never disappointed me.Always looking forward to this series 👍👍 10000000/10

Feb 19, 9:34 PM

Late to the party but I just saw it and was left satisfied. Great fight animation scenes and a serviceable plot.

Looking forward to Alicization... I stopped reading partway through the first novel so it will be great to pick it up again via the anime.

Mar 5, 7:52 AM
it was okay. i love SAO and i have for a long time but this could of a lot more then what is was but it was a okay movie

Mar 7, 7:35 PM

Visual and fighting scenes were top notch, no doubt about it. But plotholes affected my enjoyment.

STILL THINK THAT SAO SERIES COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH MUCH BETTER WITHOUT UNECESSARY MELODRAMA

Best Couple ---> Senjougahara x Araragi

Mar 8, 6:00 PM

Abyhape said:

at first, I thought Kuhaku/Blank from No Game No Life are the one who hold the number 1 in player rank. actually, I expect that as a cameo. I dissapointed.

Haha, same here, for a second there I thought how funny that would be :D

Now to the movie:
So many plot holes I don't even care enough to actually list them, but then again most of SAO is made of plot holes anyway. And yet, I still like them since they are quite fun when you turn off your brain and just enjoy them for what they're worth.
I can't really say the same here. I liked the previous seasons even with their many flaws, but those flaws were sort of multiplied here, which didn't help my enjoyment :/
Sure the art (them Asuna boobs tho) and the OST (Kajiura Yuki is still a genius) and the action were all top-notch, but I felt like the story went downhill pretty quickly, especially near the last 30 minutes with countless unnecessary parts and the stupidity of some characters were unbearable at times :/

It still had some great emotional moments (and I especially liked that Yuuki appeared during Asuna's final attack), and the memory-element was pretty good, but the flaws, plot holes and the deus ex machina were too glaring for me to give it anything better than a 6/10 (previous seasons were both 8, even with all their own flaws).
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the next season, which will hopefully be a bit more "realistic" than this.

Mar 10, 4:56 AM

Yuki showing up with Asuna was EVERYTHING

Loved this movie 9/10

Mar 23, 4:09 PM

The animation was top notch with some good scenes other than that the plot was not bad but not good enough for such a great quality animation. 7/10

Mar 23, 11:04 PM
Is there any clue of what gift that asuna is giving to kirito in the ending scene?

Mar 25, 10:04 PM

I don't know anything about SAO or how it eventually turned into something lackluster later on but I have to say the movie was really good. The art's up to high-budget anime standards, the concepts interesting and relevant at our time, the music was fun to listen at and those flashy fight scenes were super gorgeous.

There's not much to complain about the movie because I really enjoyed it anyway lol At times it felt like a movie about a couple going through the struggles of one of them having Alzheimer's kek. ASSuna was a naughty addition as well but I ain't complaining.

Apr 10, 10:18 AM
You know what I find funny? That MAL actually believes this movie is rated R+ when it is not. It is PG-13, always have been, always will be.

Apr 10, 4:16 PM
This i think is a movie that u literally turn off my brain and purely take in the animation and hardwork thats put into his movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9pRsolofaI - The Canipa Effect video on it just show u a great perspective on why element work so well

I think this is what people wanted from dragon ball franchise like new movies and super, an awesome action packed experience. Purely on a production level, this gives me hope for A1 pictures for the future especially the SAO sequel as they funding of the series is much higher and hopefully they get alot of the same talent because damn.

Yui is still the worst character ever and is a huge deus ex machina however she was set up for that amazing action seqence near the end is can be slightly forgiven. I don't even give to shits about the characters however i was hyped as hell when i saw those blades.

They is alot of interesting concepts however like SAO fashion not handled the best way, characters are still hollow however asuna is actually not terrible she's decent, if u seen sao progressive then the asuna in this film is alot like that.

OST is amazing

basically a review said it best

if u hate SAO completely this movie not gonna change ur mind, if u hate SAO but like moments of the frist arc then u might get a kick outta this.

Apr 12, 10:53 PM

That was pretty good overall, nice to see Kirito and the gang with life after Season 2.

Looking forward to Season 3 now!

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Apr 15, 3:26 AM

Klein and Agil should have more screen time.

Apr 15, 5:16 PM

Animation ,action was good but story was terrible, such cliche belongs to those 11 ep's anime no one even remembers, was expecting a lot more from a movie, but then again it's SAO.

Apr 16, 11:43 PM

Meh....not great.

5/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 17, 5:06 PM

I just wanted to leave this short thought of mine:
It's baffling the amount of people that praise this movie for its animation. There is terrible CGI in the SAO bosses and the animation isn't even feature film-worthy. It's absoltely average at best.

Apr 19, 1:17 AM
The movie was really good.

When Yuuki appeared I started to have feels all over :(

Overall a good movie that was waaaaaay better than SAO Season 2.

Apr 21, 10:06 AM

It was average - and I'm NOT a SAO hater! 5/10 (4/10 for the uncencored version, xd)

May 1, 7:03 AM

Plot was dumb and not exactly something I could invest in when it's essentially filler. Plus it dragged on for too long. Action scenes were fun and official nipple though. Throwing everyone into the final scene was still a bit much though.
Modified by ReaperCreeper, May 1, 7:10 AM

May 3, 11:24 PM
Hi.. Just want to ask a question regarding the movie.. Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale..

When they fought the Level 100 Boss.. And their characters/stats were restored by Yuki.. How come Kirito did not use the Excalibur which he got from the Quest.. the quest with Tonki (the weird flying elephant look alike)..?

He used it to help the Sleeping Knights (Asuna's Group) in season 2... but how come he did not use it in Ordinal Scale? :D

Thanks.. :D

May 5, 9:42 PM

I do not understand why there are people who watch the movie without having enjoyed the series in the first place. For my part it was acceptable, although it could be better ,I consider it better than the second part of the second season which I did not like.

May 8, 12:23 AM

Wow, this just really takes me back to the original series, which I actually quite enjoyed in spite of all the flaws / plot holes (contrary to "popular belief"). I enjoyed this movie very much. The fight scenes were pretty good, the romance was spot on, the music was quite nice, art/animation was also done very well imo, and the characters were the same as ever. Overall, I think I'll give this one a 8/10. The ending tho. So there's going to be a continuation, hey? And this time, it involves Kikuoka? Uh oh, wasn't he the insider who was helping Kirito? Hopefully he doesn't turn heel.

Oh, and on the version I watched, the subs were trash. It didn't even capture the words for a few scenes, leaving us viewers to try and grasp what the characters were trying to say.

caught in the wonder

May 8, 9:07 AM

The end scene boss fight is the greatest anime movie fight in my opinion. Animation and OST fits too well thats anime movie budget. Hype for the end credits. OP boss An Incarnation of Radius in short AINCRAD.

May 16, 1:01 PM

The story felt natural, the music was really nice, there's Yuna's songs and some of the original OST from SAO. The characters are really memorable and oh man. That animation is lit af! Especially when they (finally) fought against Floor 100 Boss!

Moreover, I got some shivering goosebumps when I saw Kirito's party + Sinon got their original SAO + (GGO for Sinon) profile! The mothers' Rosario and the starburst stream are ultimately the combos that defeated the last boss.

The greatest thing though is the fact that Kirito got the most OP sword in probably the entire SAO +ALO + GGO + Ordinal Scale ever! Effortlessly killing SAO bosses with just 1 long range swing! Goddamn badass...

This movie was amazing! With how big SAO is, they managed to take advantage and expand a story of a dead player and making them interesting at the same time. Well done, it makes me raise my hopes up for SAO's 3rd season.

What doesn't make sense to me is the fact why they would make this movie R+ if they only put in some HOT bath scene where you can see Asuna's boobs and its nipple. If they go the extra distance to make this more like an R+ movie with more nudity or violence, then it makes sense to identify this movie with an R+ rating. A PG-13 rating still allows parts of Asuna's bath scene to be shown anyway. Well, whatever a very good movie is still a very good movie!
Modified by ShadowZ_AnimeZ, May 16, 1:11 PM

May 20, 8:43 PM

The animation was pretty good and it was entertaining to watch even though it's the same recipe as the first 2 seasons.

Aug 8, 12:25 PM
Hitagi's Pet

Terribly average in all respects. Don't get the score people give it here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]