Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 17, 2017 8:50 PM

What the hell <.< seriously :C I was looking forward to buying the full set.

Oh well I will look forward to Halloween then.
Modified by Veneficia, Feb 17, 2017 8:59 PM

Nov 10, 2017 3:28 PM

? Where is the problem?

Anyway, I came here to ask about the released tome. I received it this week (in France through airmail) despite the fact the editor said to me that it had been delayed for a whole month. I should have read the specs because I was surprized by the book's size (smaller than my simple fr.edition) but the biggest surprise was the red ink covering every written page ! So, has anyone already received his exemplary and is this red ink normal?

Well, let's hope it isn't cancelled as fast as the french edition (4tomes in 4-5years then nothing more).

Dec 16, 2017 8:10 AM

Books are usually first released one at a time. Can't expect them to release seven ~300 page books all at once. This isn't some quick cheap budget release. Yeah its gonna be slow but better late than never. I'm surprised its finally happening.

"This collectible, deluxe release contains the complete Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch novel in a large trim, gold-embossed hardcover with select color pages."
I can't wait, it will be here very soon.

Feb 4, 2018 10:07 AM

@Levo So, did you get the first printing with the wrong ink colour ? (red)

About the book, while I miss the presence of an artwork on the cover, I like the less massive format and the fact that the cover is hard (compared to the Calmann Levy edition). Plus we still got the original edition's cover pictures (and some more) at the end of the volume.
ABout that last thing by the way, it was kind of weird to have "spoilers" thanks to the later volumes covers.

Feb 22, 2018 5:47 PM

Rei366 said:
@Levo So, did you get the first printing with the wrong ink colour ? (red)

I'm not aware, is the text all red for people or something? Mine seems fine, says First Printing November 2017.

Feb 23, 2018 3:35 AM

Levo said:
I'm not aware, is the text all red for people or something? Mine seems fine, says First Printing November 2017.

Yes, the whole text is printed with red ink for those who ordered the tome rather early. Because they received the "failed" first batch. Then 7th Seas issued a statement on FB saying that the book was delayed for a whole month (first announced release: mid-October), followed with another one saying we could send the books back in order to get a unit from the fixed batch (printed in November, based on your own specimen).
SInce I pre-ordered it at BookDepositery in February, they send me a red one a week or so before official release before 7th Seas reached them to call the books back. Not a problem though: it's even more "collector" xD

Dec 22, 2018 8:48 AM

@Levo So, after more than a year without any news, I asked the publisher aboutthe subsequent novels (original series) and they have no intention (since the beginning, actually) to publish them too.
They added we were free to ask for them through their monthly survey (where they askyou the licences you want them to acquire).