Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2017 7:37 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Cubed August was admittedly pretty trippy to behold. XD And hey! Cana! Iced Shell again? Really Gray? Honestly I don't really know what I expected...well I guess a powered up memory erasing version is...different...kinda. XD
Feb 17, 2017 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
Cana helping out Gildarts.

Gray using Iced Shell again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 17, 2017 7:55 PM
Feb 2015
So the trump card turns out to be Iced Shell. Lame much.

Cana wants to help Gildarts, no Cana don't. Don't get push to Lisanna's role.

I wonder what Zeref told Gray that got Gray so surprise.
Feb 17, 2017 8:21 PM

Dec 2013
How many times are we going to have to go through this?
Feb 17, 2017 8:45 PM
Oct 2016
Most surprising thing was that this "Lost Iced Shell" will remove all memories of himself.

Nice that Gray doesn't see Natsu as an enemy anymore even though when he did, that was one of the best parts of the arc.

Hopefully Natsu will burst in next chapter. Hope it's translated soon.
Feb 17, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
August was slices into cubicles by Gildarts but that is not effective at all

meanwhile Zeref revealed his main goal of getting the fairy heart to Grey before he kills Grey huh

meh this is Fairy Tail so i do not believe Gray will be dead or even be forgotten by his friends lol
Feb 18, 2017 12:00 AM

Mar 2012
Gray looked pretty BA this chapter. Shame we all know he isn't going to do it one way or another though.
Feb 18, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty sure Zeref will be able to somehow survive this Lost Iced Shell ability but likely with difficulties.

I really hope they make Cana look strong. She's such an underrated character imo.
Feb 18, 2017 2:52 AM

Jun 2014
Well I think we all know how this will go. Gray will use this ability that erases him from existence, but this is Fairy Tail, so that's not actually going to happen.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 18, 2017 3:50 AM

Dec 2015
I'm liking Gray's plan, don't fuck it up Mashima like you always do!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 18, 2017 4:52 AM

Feb 2017
I love the way the August vs Gildarts fight has been portrayed so far, and that August is more than worthy of his title apparently. That grin when he found out that Gildarts is Cana's father was almost out of character though, I wonder what he is up to. Cause it is probably not something like "I can use that to my advantage" considering that he is already winning the fight anyway.

The Iced Shell memory deletion part sounds interesting, tho Gray will be stopped anyway. Always fun to see Zeref afraid though. I still believe August > Zeref in terms of battle capabilities.
Feb 18, 2017 5:19 AM

Mar 2016
I liked the start of the August vs Gildarts fight. Let's hope the whole thing will be handled in a similar way. inb4 Cana comes up with a secret power-up & completely tilts the balance in Gildarts' favor

Gray's trump card turns out to be iced shell. Again.
Without reading the next chapter, I already know he will be stopped mid-way through the attack. Quite underwhelming I should say.
Feb 18, 2017 6:13 AM
Sep 2012
Well Gildarts vs August is going to be a good fight, one can only hope, but Cana I am glad you support your dad and all, but you are just going to hindrance, a hostage, though I hope I am proven wrong.

So Jellal did his scouting and knows about all the important members of Fairy Tail, well he is not too arrogant, too bad we could have used that to our advantage.

Zeref has a secret goal and is Hiro is not going to tell us yet.

So Gray is going to use Ice Shield and a new magic that will erase memories, that could be interesting.
Feb 18, 2017 6:45 AM
Oct 2013
Well this won´t go nowhere, 2/10.
Feb 18, 2017 7:07 AM
Jan 2016
I actually liked that it's iced shell (even if it's a special version or whatever) that's going to be Gray's last move since it's actually a magic that we already knew about and knew Gray could preform instead of some brand new magic he pulled out of nowhere and it does make sense for the situation. Well, we'll see how it turns out.
Feb 18, 2017 7:42 AM
Dec 2011
What a fascinating chapter this was!! Lost Iced Shell?! I wonder if it's capable of sealing an immortal for eternity or Invel will show up and get in Gray's way.
Feb 18, 2017 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
Iced Shield again? Gray should be put on the suicide watch already.
Feb 18, 2017 9:33 AM

Mar 2014
An Ice Shell that doesn't actually melt for real.
Feb 18, 2017 12:55 PM

Sep 2013
August's form is red? meh I wanted black or purple :'(

August countering cube thing and kana arrives.
Gray going full suicide again XD
Feb 18, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2016
August was smiling when Gildartz said father and daughter.

I am thinking that he maybe has a daughter and was reminded of times when he fought together with her.

Knowing the way FT is she is probably someone we know.

Thank goodness Gray isn't mad at Natsu being END anymore.

Oh wow so it was Lost Iced Shell, and even stronger version.
Feb 18, 2017 3:20 PM
Oct 2013
LukesYGOonYT said:
August was smiling when Gildartz said father and daughter.

I am thinking that he maybe has a daughter and was reminded of times when he fought together with her.

Knowing the way FT is she is probably someone we know.

BULLLLLLLLLSHIIIITT!

August didn´t ever have Sex as evidenced by Larcade´s sex magic and has adopted several children, meaning that even if the daughter was an adopted one he´d have to give her a special snowflake treatment due to whatever reason and there´s simply no point in that, because it´s not the same relationship Gildarts has with his daughter no matter the perspective.

And no I´m not saying that non biological parents are inferior to biological ones, they are just two completely different kinds of relationships, albeit both are families.
Feb 18, 2017 3:31 PM

Jan 2016
Gray will be fine.
Feb 19, 2017 7:24 AM

May 2015
Iced Shell attempt...3?4?

Gray will be ok. It's Mashima.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 20, 2017 5:42 PM
Oct 2014
August again proves his shitty durability, doesn't even resist the Crash magic and is put into pieces.

It's obvious Hiro refuses to have August even attempt to fight despite his many lethal attack options that would instakill Gildarts. So he'll get rekt regardless of the hyping.
Feb 21, 2017 7:43 AM

Feb 2017
Canaas said:
August again proves his shitty durability, doesn't even resist the Crash magic and is put into pieces.

It's obvious Hiro refuses to have August even attempt to fight despite his many lethal attack options that would instakill Gildarts. So he'll get rekt regardless of the hyping.

To be honest so far August has shown very impressive durability. He got impaled by a broadsword which didn't seem to have much of an effect on him (except making him angry), that kind of injury would have straight up killed most other people or at least rendered them unable to fight.
And being reduced to pieces by crash magic doesn't really matter either since it didn't have any negative effect on him at all, as he can apparently put himself back together at will.
Not to mention that he must have quite the strong body since he not only casually blocked a powerful punch from Gildarts but also managed to send the later flying with his own strike.

I'd say he has put up a great performance so far, in terms of feats he is already leagues beyond the other Spriggans.
Feb 21, 2017 10:44 AM

Jan 2012
lol this comment If he doesn't die, I'm done

Feb 21, 2017 2:38 PM
Oct 2014
@Busti-chan:

Gildarts should be far below August in magic power, so you'd expect his attack to not just break him into pieces, with August's magic being able to repel the magic Gildarts would use to break him into pieces.

He shouldn't have gotten impaled in the first place, that's the problem with the Spriggans in general, despite their supposed vast power, their durability is still pretty much the same as anybody else's, so anyone with a sword could kill them if they landed a hit.
Feb 26, 2017 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
Lmao, how many times has Gray tried to commit suicide in this manga?
Mar 15, 2017 5:08 PM

Jun 2008
Canaas said:
@Busti-chan:

Gildarts should be far below August in magic power, so you'd expect his attack to not just break him into pieces, with August's magic being able to repel the magic Gildarts would use to break him into pieces.

I see you decided how everything should be just by yourself, lol.

Also you are being ridiculous about how much low you put Gildarts. You act like he is just anybody in Fairy Tail when he is the most powerful wizard they have.
We get the August guy is very very powerful but the idea than no one else can even come close is stupid.
Gildarts never once in the whole manga have he fought an opponent that actually make him have a big hard time. Mashima was keeping him out of most adventures because he was so overpowered that if he was taking part it would have been boring since he would be instant killing the big enemies and now suddenly he is such a fodder that he isn't suppose to be able to even scratch this August guy?
Seriously the only guy that survived a one on one meeting with Acnologia should just instant die by August?
Please spare us. That is just bullshit really. He should be able to at least fight him if anything else.
MonadMar 16, 2017 1:15 AM
Mar 15, 2017 5:45 PM
Oct 2014
@Monad:

I didn't decide how the power levels should be based on some whim. It's based on the manga's given statements. Where Brandish effortlessly demolishes an island with a thought, and August is said to be by far stronger than the rest of the Spriggan 12. Meaning he's far beyond her level, and killing someone like Gildarts who is not capable of casually destroying islands would be easy. It's not hard to see this connection. At this point, if you continue to ignore that August should be far higher in power, you're just in total denial.

Acnologia oneshotted Gildarts with a hit to his side. He only survived because Acnologia didn't try to finish him off. And his dragon form would've instantly killed.

Given how inconsistent the Spriggan power levels are, I wouldn't hate this fight so much regardless of Gildarts being able to put up a fight, but he shouldn't be winning. August already survived being shattered to pieces by Crash, so Gildarts shouldn't have had much of a chance of winning, even with Cana's help. It was a mistake for Hiro to have August demolish the Oracion Seis so easily. A 6v1 of them plus Gildarts would've made a good enough fight for August to lose in, by FT standards at least. But he had to go and make August so op and able to easily oneshot all his opponents until suddenly Gildarts can fight evenly.

The worst part about it is that August didn't use anywhere near as much magic as a King of Magic should. Despite having so much magic at his disposal(which is undeniable, he used sleep magic against brandish, a heat pillar against Natsu and co, a laser on Mirajane, showing that he retains the spells he gains through copy magic) he used nothing but a single laser shot and one time stabbing Gildarts for offense. That's it. You'd think that someone as versatile as August would try to adapt to Gildarts' magic, by using magic that can't just be broken down by Crash, for example using flight magic for an advantage or trying to use energy attacks that might hit him when he's not prepared and able to use Crash to block them. But no, he doesn't do shit, Hiro simply refused to have him use magic.

He could've even used Fairy Glitter after he negated Cana's use of it, and countered her cards easily. Or Crash, or a magic barrier(as he did to protect Ajeel), or many other things.

I know that the plot demands August must lose, but the way he lost was horrible. Crash, from an artificial arm or not, shouldn't have affected him since he already copied the magic.At best it'd shatter him again, but since he already does not die when shattered by Crash(where basically his brain, heart, and whole spine would all be totally destroyed) a mere explosion would not be able to kill him. He'd probably have to run out of magic power entirely and then be finished, but given the fact that he never really showed a lack of stamina in the whole fight, it shouldn't be a problem.

Another dissapointment of this fight is that we never get confirmation of August's full power. Since just a moment ago he was casually countering Crash, the readers can never be sure what the ultimate spells he could achieve really were, which is a huge letdown.
Mar 16, 2017 1:37 AM

Jun 2008
@Canaas

Em....dude. This was chapter 522 not 525. You posted things from 525. Thankfully i read those before you posted so i avoided getting spoiled but you shouldn't post those in the chapter discussion. At least put those parts in a spoiler.

Anyway as i see it Gildrats is powerful enough that he could easily be in the Sprigan if he wanted. I don't see the Spriggan as above him in power just because that chick could shrink a small island. So from the moment other fairy tail members that are quite weaker than him can win against them why would he able to at least fight the strongest one of them.
Mar 16, 2017 12:04 PM
Oct 2014
@Monad:
I figured everyone here reads the manga. And if they've been up to date enough to read 522, they probably read something a few chapters past that. But since it bothers you i'll use spoilers.

May 11, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
wel well well Gray wants to perish...
Aug 17, 2018 2:58 AM

Feb 2013
He wants to freeze Zeref and erase his entire existence, cool and sad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.