Forum Settings
Forums

Donald Trump: 'The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake'

New
Feb 17, 2017 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
Donald Trump has launched a wide-ranging and at times incoherent attack on the media, accusing journalists of deliberately lying and saying leaks about his administration’s ties to Russia were “real” but the news was “fake”.

In a rambling and chaotic news conference in Washington, the US President repeated his accusation that reporters were "dishonest" and had spread misinformation about his first month in power.

But his statement appeared to be entirely contradictory, and prompted fierce questioning from reporters in the audience.

"The leaks are absolutely real, the news is fake, because so much of the news is fake," Mr Trump said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-russia-leaks-fake-news-claims-quote-a7584516.html

looks like Trump wants the media to interpret the leaks in favor of him but those russian involvement leaks are really against him
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 17, 2017 8:49 PM

Dec 2012
Two things can be true at the same time:

1. Flynn was in contact with Russia before Trump's inauguration.
2. The media incorrectly reported on it.

When Dan Rather describes this as "bigger than Watergate" and Chuck Todd calls it a bigger scandal than the Iran-Contra, it's not simply reporting on real leaks. That's called propaganda.
Feb 17, 2017 8:53 PM

Nov 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:

When Dan Rather describes this as "bigger than Watergate" and Chuck Todd calls it a bigger scandal than the Iran-Contra, it's not simply reporting on real leaks. That's called propaganda.

Exaggeration / bias is not "fake". Trump (and subsequently supporters) have conflated the two to equate sources like CNN w/ InfoWars, however one is very biased while the other is what you get after a tweeker for the last 20 years starts sharing his paranoid delusions on a website. The media is biased, but Trump is someone who goes a step further and constantly makes up things.

I think you are looking too deeply into the words of someone who has the language skills of a 6th grader.
Feb 17, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Exaggeration / bias is not "fake". Trump (and subsequently supporters) have conflated the two to equate sources like CNN w/ InfoWars, however one is very biased while the other is what you get after a tweeker for the last 20 years starts sharing his paranoid delusions on a website.
It's not just fake, it's a bold faced lie. New York Times Thomas Friedman said the (unproven) hacking of votes by Russia was on scale with 9/11 (where thousands of civilians died in a single day) and was openly given a platform by MSNBC.

Also InfoWars had more accurate polls during the election than CNN. So did Breitbart. What's your point?
Feb 17, 2017 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

Exaggeration / bias is not "fake". Trump (and subsequently supporters) have conflated the two to equate sources like CNN w/ InfoWars, however one is very biased while the other is what you get after a tweeker for the last 20 years starts sharing his paranoid delusions on a website.
It's not just fake, it's a bold faced lie. New York Times Thomas Friedman said the (unproven) hacking of votes by Russia was on scale with 9/11 (where thousands of civilians died in a single day) and was openly given a platform by MSNBC.

Also InfoWars had more accurate polls during the election than CNN. So did Breitbart. What's your point?
Polling done by 3rd party sources.

However, take a look at, and compare, the validity of all articles across the board on a site like Infowars vs. the New York Times. You think that was a bold face lie? Let me tell you a few gems from Infowars - Remember that Sandy Hooks Massacre? That was staged. Yeah, the children were paid actors and the parents are bastards for pretending to mourn their children on live TV. BP oil spill? False flag (w/e the fuck it is covering up, I don't know). Boston Marothon Bombing? False Flag (same as the last). 9/11? False Flag. Osama Bin Laden Responsible? False Flag. Malaysia Flight MH17 Missing? False Flag. Jade Helm cover for Isis false flag. Scalia's Death = Cover up. Pizzagate is real and global.

The list goes on and on. Honestly, if 50% of the New York Times articles lied, it would still be more accurate than Infowars (which is a legitimate conspiracy site, why the fuck people consider it "news" is beyond me). As for Breitbart, Breitbart consistently sites no sources for articles, gets names / places / quotes / etc. wrong without ever correcting their articles, acknowledging what they got wrong, and the kicker? As just recently demonstrated with Banon, they are no better than the most biased "liberal media", if they say anything negative about a conservative figurehead then the one who wrote the article will be put on blast. Although now that Banon is no longer the head, you can see a few slip through the cracks like the one calling out Preibus.
Feb 17, 2017 9:46 PM

Nov 2016
Journalist integrity has definitely been on the sharp decline. Trump is not wrong here.
Feb 18, 2017 12:24 AM

Jun 2008
I love how Trump dick suckers keep going on and on about the polls as their reasoning to distrust any negative news about Trump.

The polls were MOSTLY correct.

Hillary was predicted to win the the popular vote by about 2% and she did.

Many of the state polls that incorrectly picked Hillary were off by very little or within the margin of error.

Trump supporters act like it was COMPLETELY waaaaaaay off when that isn't the facts at all.

Furthermore...YES, many liberal news outlets gave Hillary a huge chance to win.

So what?

This is fucking bias.

You people act like the "Right" Never does anything wrong....it's fucking scary how the cognitive dissonance has gotten a grip on Trump supporters.

This is beyond "drinking kool-aid".

Oh and one more thing....

Have we ever seen a group of supporters who trust the current government and try very hard to dissuade the opposition as much as Trump Supporters?

Since when is it a good thing to take the word of the government as fact?

Especially the U.S government?!?

The same government that is HATED everywhere in the world due to their constant world policing, their antics, their arrogance, and at many times their incompetence.

Again...it is scary how Trump Supporters have behaved in their blind obedience and constant defence of their daddy.

Even if you did vote for Trump...you should always keep a skeptical mindset when it comes to government.

And you should realize that criticism and scrutiny is NECESSARY to keep said government from going off the rails.

Mod Edit: Merged double posts; please use the edit button.
BrandonFeb 22, 2017 5:57 AM
Feb 18, 2017 12:54 AM

Dec 2016
JustALEX said:
I love how Trump dick suckers keep going on and on about the polls as their reasoning to distrust any negative news about Trump.

You know what is scarrier? The places where they won. Hillary was strong in the big cities, beetwen the blacks, and latinos, meanwhile Trump was strong in the countryside, especially beetwen white males. It looks like a big breakeline developed in the USA, what is can be really dangerous in the future. Divided society always dangerous.
Feb 18, 2017 6:12 AM

Nov 2016
JustALEX said:

Many of the state polls that incorrectly picked Hillary were off by very little or within the margin of error.

Trump supporters act like it was COMPLETELY waaaaaaay off when that isn't the facts at all.

So what?

This is fucking bias.

You people act like the "Right" Never does anything wrong....it's fucking scary how the cognitive dissonance has gotten a grip on Trump supporters.

Every single major news outlet gave Trump absolutely no chance of winning. All the polls had Hillary winning.

But we all now know what really happened. Emperor Trump crushed that bitch.

The left is the side filled with all the crazies now. It's the right that's more reasonable now. Used to be the opposite.
Feb 18, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2010
JustALEX said:

So what?

This is fucking bias.

I think you need to take a look back at those polls.

The polls had a very wide difference. It was only until election day got closer and closer that the difference started to shrink. The accuracy you are talking about only exists within the last few polls that were released, and don't reflect any of the polls before that at all. Anyone with a shred of doubt could surmise that the early polls could have been manipulated in order to influence voters, and that they reflected real values much closer in order to keep their integrity for the future.

Also the closet is an uncomfortable place to be in. You know you want that D.
Feb 19, 2017 2:26 PM

Apr 2012
The leaks are happening, the news is fake because the leaks are not real.
E.g. see "Employing the National Guard for ICE operations" @j0x.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 19, 2017 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:

still a contradiction in terms of the actual russian leaks, the russian leaks are happening and absolutely real by Trump's paraphrased words
Feb 19, 2017 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
j0x said:
Immahnoob said:

still a contradiction in terms of the actual russian leaks, the russian leaks are happening and absolutely real by Trump's paraphrased words
Let's do this professionally.
First of, what are you claiming?
Second of, what exactly are the "Russian leaks"? What do you mean by that?
Third and last, give me the quotes of Trump's exact words on the matter.

I want to see if you can make a coherent argument for once in your life before I start blasting this whole thing down, otherwise you're just going to get artificial replies on your thread and I doubt that helps you or your nerves.

Autocrat said:
Feb 19, 2017 2:53 PM

Feb 2017
Ehh.

My honest opinion is that the media is total shit, but Trump is also an incoherent egotistical narcissist.

Trump is clearly letting the media get to him and it's damaging his ego in a way where he constantly needs to look for confirmation. The media is biased, but that doesn't mean trump isn't spouting off his own array of incoherent and false information. I wasn't a fan of Hillary and I'm not a fan of Trump. The majority of the media does blatantly favor the left in a way where all of the scandals from the left basically go unnoticed and stroke their cocks.

Trump is Hillary's Karma and we're all getting caught in the storm. I don't agree with either side. I might've voted at all if Bernie got the nomination, and instead of cucking him at the DNC and him willingly taking it instead of fighting for a contested convention, I think it was rigged. Besides the DNC emails and blatanly ignored conspiracies surrounding that convention. Bernie had actual rallies and Hillary struggled to fill school gymnasiums. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully remove my tinfoil hat when it came to the preliminaries.

As someone who was a Marine, I could never in good conscious vote for Hillary. She jeopardized top-secret information, she ignored security requests, and she delayed aiding Benghazi for 3 hours suggesting that unarmed Marines in civilian attire rescue our embassy. I proudly exercised my right not to vote, but it doesn't matter. My state is always red.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/06/28/benghazi-probe-finds-marines-response-slowed-uniform-changes.html

What bothers me most about the modern day media is that there isn't a medium that isn't completely unbiased and correctly analyzing that both sides are absolute shit.
Feb 19, 2017 3:05 PM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:
j0x said:

Let's do this professionally.
First of, what are you claiming?
Second of, what exactly are the "Russian leaks"? What do you mean by that?
Third and last, give me the quotes of Trump's exact words on the matter.

I want to see if you can make a coherent argument for once in your life before I start blasting this whole thing down, otherwise you're just going to get artificial replies on your thread and I doubt that helps you or your nerves.

this is not about me but Trump, Trump blamed the media for "illegal leaks" which is ironic considering he encourage Russia to hack and leak infos about Hillary Clinton illegally

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/15/trump-russia-connection-what-we-know-now/97957856/
Feb 19, 2017 3:10 PM

Apr 2012
@j0x
The "Russian leaks" weren't confirmed to be done by the Kremlin, first of.
Second of, leaking some Podesta emails is not the same thing as leaking classified information.

Autocrat said:
Feb 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:
@j0x
The "Russian leaks" weren't confirmed to be done by the Kremlin, first of.

then why Trump will not simply say the leaks are fake? and said this vague line in the thread title instead, and when Trump said "illegal leaks" thats not saying the leaks are fake either
Feb 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Nov 2009
Immahnoob said:
Second of, leaking some Podesta emails is not the same thing as leaking classified information.
What classified information?
Feb 19, 2017 3:27 PM

Jan 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:
Immahnoob said:

i got confuse about that question by Immahnoob thats why i left it out

did he mean the Trump campaign and Flynn secretly working with Russia should be treated as classified information?

meh
Feb 19, 2017 3:30 PM

Apr 2012
j0x said:
then why Trump will not simply say the leaks are fake?
What does this have to do with the fact that there are no ties to the Kremlin?
and said this vague line in the thread title instead, and when Trump said "illegal leaks" thats not saying the leaks are fake either
Not all leaks are fake, otherwise why would they bother condemning leaks? And he said "The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake." which can mean two things. The leaks are happening, some of them are fake and thus, the news is fake (e.g. the "national guard" dilemma) or the leaks are happening, they're all real and the news is fake because they're trying to spin it or simply don't really follow what the leak is saying (outright lying).

E.g. see the leaks on the phone call with Mexico. Their side condemned that "leak" too.
@Pirating_Ninja
The several leaks that happened? There are several types of "classifications", and usually, most government related info that isn't released to the public is classified above unclassified.
The laws against such a thing seems to be rather vague, so legal consequences also seem to be sparse (media related).

White House leaks from WH insiders and outsiders hacking Podesta's email to leak emails aren't on the same levels. The leaks are also mostly unrelated to anything we need to know about Trump too that wouldn't have been released publicly.

Autocrat said:
Feb 19, 2017 3:41 PM

Jan 2009
@Immahnoob

Donald Trump lashes out at spy agencies 'illegally' leaking, after it is revealed his campaign 'had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/14/donald-trump-knew-michael-flynn-misled-officials-russia-calls/

U.S. ALLIES CONDUCT INTELLIGENCE OPERATION AGAINST TRUMP STAFF AND ASSOCIATES, INTERCEPTED COMMUNICATIONS
http://europe.newsweek.com/allies-intercept-russia-trump-adviser-communications-557283?rm=eu
Feb 19, 2017 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
@j0x
The officials said there was no evidence the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to disrupt the election, the newspaper reported.
Your first article debunks itself.

Your second article has nothing to support it.
We also know Flynn did have contacts with Russia, but officials ones.

Autocrat said:
Feb 19, 2017 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:
@j0x
The officials said there was no evidence the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to disrupt the election, the newspaper reported.
Your first article debunks itself.

for now, the NSA said they are with holding information especially to Trump and the white house https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1592015

Immahnoob said:

Your second article has nothing to support it.

isnt that how intelligence reports to press releases are? that they usually are not detailed and only say the gist of the situation?
Feb 19, 2017 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
@j0x
for now, the NSA said they are with holding information especially to Trump and the white house https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1592015
So what you're saying is that officials are incorrect about this because of secret information that these secret agencies are keeping away from Trump and them because there is secret information only they have that incriminate him or his administration of secret Russian connections?

This isn't how you make an argument.
isnt that how intelligence reports to press releases are? that they usually are not detailed and only say the gist of the situation?
Then why should I believe them?
Also:
We also know Flynn did have contacts with Russia, but officials ones.

Your second article says that they don't know if these contacts were official or not.
You have nothing.

Autocrat said:
Feb 19, 2017 4:40 PM

Jan 2009
@Immahnoob

you can doubt the spy agencies of different countries but not the literal words of Trump here? the bias is showing
Feb 19, 2017 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
j0x said:
@Immahnoob

you can doubt the spy agencies of different countries but not the literal words of Trump here? the bias is showing

different countries
The only agencies present in this discussion are the US agencies.
the spy agencies
Remember Iraq and the CIA?
Remember this here?
I don't have to believe anonymous authorities. I don't even know if actual agencies were releasing this information, for this to work, I'd have to also blindly trust the media.
literal words of Trump
That's because I have reasons to doubt the media and the agencies. These are not similar situations for you to make up such an analogy.

This still stands:
So what you're saying is that officials are incorrect about this because of secret information that these secret agencies are keeping away from Trump and them because there is secret information only they have that incriminate him or his administration of secret Russian connections?

Why aren't they releasing information if they have it since this can lead to impeachment (treason is impeachable)? If they don't, why are they claiming that the administration has ties to Russia then?

Autocrat said:
Feb 19, 2017 6:45 PM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:

Why aren't they releasing information if they have it since this can lead to impeachment (treason is impeachable)? If they don't, why are they claiming that the administration has ties to Russia then?

like i said afaik intelligence agencies do not reveal details of an information they are releasing to the press and i learned thats because future intelligence is at stake that they do not want to reveal any hint of intelligence methods

not everything will be revealed to the public unless some whistle blower shows up again

and maybe the spy agencies can reveal it to the congress instead if they are serious about investigating Trump and Russia ties
degFeb 19, 2017 6:50 PM
Feb 20, 2017 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
@j0x
So why should I trust them then? And as I said, how do we know the media is getting this info from actual spy agencies?
These spy agencies, by your own claims, are acting against the president, not giving him info or releasing it to the public either. Why is this type of behavior trustworthy in any way?

Autocrat said:
Feb 20, 2017 2:00 AM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:
@j0x
So why should I trust them then? And as I said, how do we know the media is getting this info from actual spy agencies?
These spy agencies, by your own claims, are acting against the president, not giving him info or releasing it to the public either. Why is this type of behavior trustworthy in any way?

because Trump is claiming the leaks are real and Trump is not totally denying the leaks
Feb 20, 2017 2:03 AM

Apr 2012
j0x said:
Immahnoob said:
@j0x

because Trump is claiming the leaks are real and Trump is not totally denying the leaks
Trump is also claiming the involvement to Russia is not real, that it's a ruse. Why are you quote mining, @j0x?

Autocrat said:
Feb 20, 2017 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
@Immahnoob I thought the National Guard leak was to find out who was doing the leaks.
Feb 20, 2017 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
When you're the President and you don't know really basic stuff about politics but it's okay because neither did the people that voted for you
Feb 20, 2017 11:59 PM

Jan 2017
I guess the only real news is Faux news then.
Seriously, Trump needs to grow up

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 21, 2017 1:24 AM

Apr 2012
Neane93 said:
@Immahnoob I thought the National Guard leak was to find out who was doing the leaks.
There's really nothing to say that was the case. If it is, it's great that Trump is using some smart tactics sometimes.

Autocrat said:
Feb 22, 2017 6:01 AM

Jun 2014
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.