Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that focuses on relationship, where confession happens quickly!!!

Feb 17, 9:01 AM
I'm looking for an anime tha focuses mainly on relationship or at least shows what happens after confession. Anime that doesn't just end with confession.
Anime i've watched that are simmilar to what i want:
- Amagami SS (thou i would like it to be just one girl. It is the closest to what i want)
- Golden Time
- Clannad

And i would appreciate newer anime at least 2005+ that have good animation because i don't stand bad animation.
I know i'm picky but would appreciate if someone would help me.

Thanks

Feb 17, 9:03 AM

Momokuri is cute one to start with. :P

Feb 17, 9:04 AM

You're asking for the impossible. I can't think of any romance anime off the top of my head that goes somewhere with its romance story.

I would suggest Nana tbh, even though it's not really a shoujo-esq romance anime. But it will satisfy you I think.

Feb 17, 9:06 AM

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28297/Ore_Monogatari?q=ore%20monoga

I think the confession happens during the first or second episode. I remember really enjoying this though.

Feb 17, 9:09 AM

Nana is a fantastic anime and i really recommend it if you're looking for deep romantic relationship. I've never seen romance in anime portrayed as realistically as i've seen it in that one.

Another good one is Toradora!. It's basically about a guy and a girl who help each other out to confess their love to their crushes (who happen to be the other one's bff). You get to see the aftermath of the confession and all, so you might like that ;)

Feb 17, 9:18 AM

Itazura na Kiss, the confession happens pretty quickly as far as I can remember and the anime follows the couple into the adulthood. It's cliched but it's entertaining if you don't mind stereotypical characters and the male MC being a jerk (it sounds sarcastic but I genuinely enjoyed it, it has some good comedy).

Feb 17, 9:24 AM

nodame cantabille best romance anime
CrossAnge

Feb 17, 9:27 AM
Mysterious Girlfriend X is about dating and other stuff.

Feb 17, 9:43 AM

You should probably watch Nisekoi ;)

Feb 17, 9:56 AM

Feb 17, 10:06 AM

When confession happens the romance plot is basically over, the character interaction and tension is over and the thing becomes uninteresting. I actually find it the same way with RL relationships. When you flirt and date it is lots of fun. When you officially get together, it becomes less interesting.

That is why most shows try to drag it as much as possible before confession.

Feb 17, 10:09 AM

People seem to like Chivalry of a Failed Knight. Romance by episode 4, reinforced in episode 5, and lasts throughout, with the backdrop of school and battles.

Feb 17, 10:12 AM

Monogatari maybe? There isn't a lot of romance but araragi and senjougahara are a couple since episode 3 of first season

Feb 17, 10:13 AM

ahoyanen said:
When confession happens the romance plot is basically over, the character interaction and tension is over and the thing becomes uninteresting. That is why most shows try to drag it as much as possible before confession.

Not true in the slightest. The average eroge will have the confession happen at the beginning of a character's route, and the route will be focused on their relationship.

Then you have eroge that go even further than that. For example Giniro Haruka, the confession happen during Middle School, after that the relationship between the protagonist and heroine will be expanded into High School, University and Adult Life. Its very long too, I played through 5 of the heroine routes that all share this formula and all them are not uninteresting at all, in fact I was so hooked that I played for 12 hours straight in one sitting on one of the routes and still haven't finished it because its very long, around 20 hours per route. Anime equivalent of 60 episodes, and the confession probably would happen by episode 10.

Feb 17, 10:14 AM

No one recommends Plastic memories?

Bruh.. but bro Plastic memories they get together by episode 3/4
''No one can beat Ore-sama''

Feb 17, 10:16 AM

Hmm maybe Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun? :)

Feb 17, 10:23 AM

Lovely Complex. The confession happens in the first half as far as i remember.

Feb 17, 2:11 PM

Gekkan Shoujo deals with an after-confession, but that confession is a failure. It might fit.

Either way it's absolutely hilarious and really worth your time.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things

Feb 17, 2:26 PM
ahoyanen said:
When confession happens the romance plot is basically over, the character interaction and tension is over and the thing becomes uninteresting. I actually find it the same way with RL relationships. When you flirt and date it is lots of fun. When you officially get together, it becomes less interesting.

Strongly disagree. Horimiya is easily my favorite romance mange exactly because they get together fairly quickly and then we get to follow their journey as a couple. It's far more interesting and refreshing than constant interruptions, tsunderes, jealousy and extreme shyness.

Also, I don't know where you get "tension" from in romance anime, when most of the time it's obvious from the beginning that the couple will end up together, you only wait to see when *how* it's going to happen.

Feb 17, 2:41 PM

You'd be better off with k/j/tw dramas, seriously. Anime mostly sucks at the rom genre, esp with regard to anything 'developed' or mature. Nana and Honey & Clover are the closest you'll get. You might try Hana Yori Dango and Winter Sonata if your melodrama tolerance is robust. If you want a really early matchup I'd say Legend of the Condor. They're a couple for like 60 eps lol.

Feb 17, 4:12 PM

ahoyanen said:

You've probably never tried School Days.

Feb 17, 4:29 PM
I think you should try NANA (*cough*join the darkside*cough-cough*). I really love NANA, it is one of my favorites anime/manga! It's a josei story, but also considered a shoujo. The relationships and the development of the characters are really deep and almost real.

I also recommend:

Itazura na Kiss
My Love Story
Lovely Complex (not so quickly, but the development is lovely)
Say "I Love You"
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster)
Paradise Kiss (also from the author of NANA)
Peach Girl

Hmm...... Hope this list help you find something good for you. Enjoy!

*I realized now about the 2005+ anime LOL... Some of my list are a little older (i think), but maybe if you try to be a little less picky you could find a really good story. Trust me! Just give it a chance!
Modified by shinta_93, Feb 17, 4:38 PM

Feb 17, 4:50 PM

His and her circumstances is a really good romance that you should give a try despite it being from before 2005

Takamura-sama said:
No one recommends Plastic memories?

Bruh.. but bro Plastic memories they get together by episode 3/4

Sorry but they only became a couple like around ep 10/11. They hang out with each other since ep 3/4 but they were not a couple by that time.

Plus the show was not good really good IMO.

Feb 17, 5:04 PM

Try My little Monster/Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, the confession happens in the first episode and it's a really cute anime :)
Ciel Phantomhive <3

Feb 17, 5:36 PM
Rec, they have sex in the first episode and live together.

Feb 17, 5:37 PM

Askorti said:
ahoyanen said:

Strongly disagree. Horimiya is easily my favorite romance mange exactly because they get together fairly quickly and then we get to follow their journey as a couple. It's far more interesting and refreshing than constant interruptions, tsunderes, jealousy and extreme shyness.

Also, I don't know where you get "tension" from in romance anime, when most of the time it's obvious from the beginning that the couple will end up together, you only wait to see when *how* it's going to happen.

Well you probably like it for something else than romance if anime has an early confession. In this case it would be (like you said) "journey as a couple", which is not really a romance. Yes it is refreshing since it is not common but it is not really a romance after that.

As for tension, if it is well written and executed, it is not supposed to be obvious who is going to end up with who.

Feb 17, 5:41 PM

Arcofdream said:
ahoyanen said:
When confession happens the romance plot is basically over, the character interaction and tension is over and the thing becomes uninteresting. That is why most shows try to drag it as much as possible before confession.

Not true in the slightest. The average eroge will have the confession happen at the beginning of a character's route, and the route will be focused on their relationship.

Then you have eroge that go even further than that. For example Giniro Haruka, the confession happen during Middle School, after that the relationship between the protagonist and heroine will be expanded into High School, University and Adult Life. Its very long too, I played through 5 of the heroine routes that all share this formula and all them are not uninteresting at all, in fact I was so hooked that I played for 12 hours straight in one sitting on one of the routes and still haven't finished it because its very long, around 20 hours per route. Anime equivalent of 60 episodes, and the confession probably would happen by episode 10.

Like I already said, it might be still interesting and "refreshing" but it is not really a romance after that.

Feb 18, 12:40 AM
DB Administrator
Nyaa~☆

Thread moved from Anime Discussion

Feb 18, 12:44 AM

+1 Ore monogatari!! & Momokuri
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (comedy anime about a married couple)

Feb 18, 2:25 AM

His and Her Circumstances aka Kare Kano.