Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Kakegurui' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Feb 16, 8:16 PM
News Team
An official website has opened and revealed that manga Kakegurui (Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler) will be receiving a TV anime adaptation. The staff of the series has also been revealed.

Synopsis
Hyakkaou Private Academy. An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you're the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it's not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It's reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling? At Hyakkaou Private Academy, the winners live like kings, and the losers are put through the wringer. But when Yumeko Jabami enrolls, she's gonna teach these kids what a high roller really looks like! (Source: Yen Press)

Staff
Director: Yuuichirou Hayashi (Garo: Honoo no Kokuin)
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi (Shingeki no Kyojin)
Character Design: Manabu Akita (Zankyou no Terror Animation Director)
Studio: MAPPA

Written by Homura Kawamoto and drawn by Tooru Naomura, Kakegurui has been serialized in Gangan Joker since March 2014. Square Enix published the fifth compiled volume in May 2016, with the sixth volume scheduled to be released on February 22. The series has been published digitally in English as Kagegurui: Complusive Gambler by Yen Press since August 2015. It has also inspired two spin-off manga series which are serialized in the same magazine.

Official site: http://kakegurui-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @kakegurui_anime

Source: Moca News

Kakegurui on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Feb 25, 11:29 AM

Feb 16, 8:51 PM
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴

Synopsis sounds good, staff looks great. Sign me up fam !
Looks like something that could be airing this summer.
Would be dope.
Modified by DatRandomDude, Feb 16, 8:57 PM
EVERYDAY, WE STRAY FURTHER FROM KAMISAMA'S LIGHT

Feb 16, 8:54 PM

This looks promising :o

But yeah I'm pretty much sold because of the staff (especially the director since he's the same guy that directed the original Garo series, and the series composition seems pretty decent too).

:3 will keep an eye on this.

Feb 16, 9:03 PM
Fragile Flower ❁

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
I will be looking forward to this very much.

Feb 16, 9:03 PM

Can't wait for those orgasm expressions. Yum, yum.

Feb 16, 9:16 PM

Not really interested in gambling theme, but I'm always in for psychological stories. I've heard that characters make a lot of crazy faces in this series and that makes me even more curious :>

Feb 16, 9:20 PM
I wanted an anime of this because as long as the art and soundtrack fits correctly and they properly adapt the series this should be an exciting watch.

Feb 16, 9:22 PM

Sounds pretty cool, and the director seems like a good pick too.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 16, 9:23 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Looks and sounds cool to me so I'll give this a watch when it airs.

Feb 16, 9:27 PM

lol was reading this the other day, should be a decent watch I guess

Feb 16, 9:27 PM
News Team
Pretty much the staff of season 1 Garo although I'm unfamiliar with Manabu Akita so far. I think this could be good.

MAPPA sure has a lot on their hands now though..

Feb 16, 9:48 PM

Holy sweet mother of Christ I am excited for this. The manga is fucking great. Everyone will bow before the goddess Yumeko.

Don't know about that staff though. MAPPA is fine. My only real problem is with the director. Outside of Garo, he hasn't directed shit; just done key frames and other minor things.

Feb 16, 9:48 PM

Sounds interesting, plus the person doing the series composition seems to have a pretty good resume. Not sure about the director though, but I liked the first season of Garo so I'll be optimistic. I'll keep my eye on this one.

Feb 16, 9:51 PM

Winter 2018 Anime maybe, Mappa sure is busy for the next year
Sup...

Feb 16, 10:05 PM

The premise sounds pretty interesting. Will probably give it a watch.

Feb 16, 10:26 PM

Please have a male character in there that's psycho

Feb 16, 10:39 PM
Forum Moderator
Caretaker Ame ☆

This is sounding pretty good. Something to keep an eye on.

Feb 16, 11:05 PM

Oh god o_o Oh wow.

Definitely can't wait for this.

Feb 16, 11:13 PM

MAPPA+Garo: Honoo no Kokuin's director=instant ptw

"Netflix licensing anime was a mistake. Seriously fuck them." -Me2017

Feb 16, 11:21 PM

that sounds interesting, looking forward to this.

Feb 16, 11:30 PM

What a pleasant surprise. :)

The staff list looks pretty solid as well, so this couldn't really go wrong.

Feb 17, 12:01 AM

Looks interesting
Hope for something decent
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose...
when no one else in the world believes in you...
when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you! " Rem

Best girl never wins FeelsBadMan

Feb 17, 12:13 AM

Been awhile since read the manga and its pretty good.

Thats aside, i'm pretty excited and suprised with this adaptation especially with MAPPA and good staff choice.

Hopefully they can nailed the psycho faces expression from the manga. Like this one

Feb 17, 12:14 AM

That actually sounds pretty interesting

Feb 17, 12:20 AM

Sounds a bit like Prison School with the crazy faces and stuff. Definitely interested :3

Feb 17, 12:26 AM

Was thinking about reading manga several times before. But since we get an anime in the future I'll really give it a try because it sounds pretty interesting.

Feb 17, 12:45 AM

Was planning to read this quite some time ago, but oh well. I hope they'll not screw up the character design.

Feb 17, 12:59 AM

kinda conflicted about this... the game it self extreamly interesting (even very great) also awesome art,, the rest is mediocore IMHO... but hey, as long as their intense still there, it should be good...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Feb 17, 1:16 AM

I sure hope MAPPA aren't biting off more than they can chew. I know this will be animated by the GARO team but the studio already has a lot of shows lined up this year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 17, 1:17 AM

So....psycho female kaiji? Sign me the fuck up.

Feb 17, 1:36 AM

This sounds sooo awesome, also I love the poster, hoping MAPPA does a good job!!
Disclaimer: If I don't reply to you, it's probably because I've realised how retarded you really are.
"Sometimes it sucks being the understanding one."
"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want."

Feb 17, 1:58 AM

"An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you're the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it's not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It's reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling?"

Sounds cringy as fuck.

Feb 17, 2:22 AM

For anyone who hasn´t read the manga, the synopsis doesn´t really tell you anything about the manga/anime. It is basically about a girl that has a gamble fetish (she is turned on by risk). Every couple of chapters a new character appears that cheats in some way, the main character has to gamble against that person, the main character then turns the game into a game of chance to satisfy her desire to gamble.
It gets a little repetitive, but the artstyle is worth it in my opinion.

Feb 17, 2:56 AM

whats up these days so many mangas i read that i thought wont get an adaptation are getting one

Feb 17, 3:04 AM

Literally added it to my plan to read list yesterday.
Staff doesn't look fantastic, but decent nonetheless, and MAPPA is always worth a try.
.................................................................................

Feb 17, 3:33 AM

YUSSSS! Been waiting for the manga to have an anime since last year! Been reading the manga since last year and have read a few chapters (and still plan to) and been enjoying every single bit of it!

Feb 17, 4:33 AM

Literally all I know about this series is that the girls constantly make stupid crazy orgasm faces and nothing else. Looks edgy, probably won't be my thing even though it involves gambling and Kaiji is one of my favorite anime ever.
Modified by Hongu, Feb 17, 4:44 AM

Feb 17, 5:17 AM

YES!!!!!!! OMG I'M SO HAPPY!!!! I hope it has a similar art style to Youjo Senki <333

Finally one of my favorite mangas is getting an anime version!!!! Please don't ruin it!!!

Feb 17, 5:37 AM

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; AMen.......

I am fucking love this manga.....................................oh mein gott. ay dios mio..... 2017 is so cot dayum flames. If I was able to talk to god right now I would say to him sehr gut danke....truly blessed, so moved, so grateful. i am now Christian.

Feb 17, 6:05 AM
Forum Moderator
DatLookTho

MC looks great and synopsis is interesting. Will definitely give this one a go.
May read a chapter or two of the manga.

Feb 17, 6:10 AM

SenpaiJay98 said:

2018? This seems more likely to come out in the summer season this year honestly. February and March is when most summer line ups gets announced.

Feb 17, 6:14 AM

Looking forward to this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 17, 6:18 AM

keragamming said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

2018? This seems more likely to come out in the summer season this year honestly. February and March is when most summer line ups gets announced.
I see Days 2 and Altari being Summer though
Sup...

Feb 17, 7:22 AM

Looks good, the spinoff should get adapted too :)

Feb 17, 7:57 AM

keragamming said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Nah that's too soon and Kakegurui staff were busy with the Garo movie last year so I'm sure they'll need some time. This is MAPPA's lineup for 2017.

Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul: Spring
Inuyashiki: Fall
Shoukoku no Altair: Confirmed for 2017 and most likely going to air this summer
DAYS Season 2: TBA

There's also the third season of Garo but I doubt it'll air this year either.

Feb 17, 8:01 AM
➝➝

Promising premise and setting. Not too amazed by the staff. Might just try and read the manga.
---
"Life itself is but a series of close calls. How would you know you were alive unless you knew you could die?"

Feb 17, 8:08 AM

Oh. My. God. It's been a while since i read this, 2 years later it gets an animu.. and 2 spinoffs released, almost forgotten but so happy they're finally adapting it!!

Feb 17, 8:21 AM
Sanji Fangirl

This sounds like something i might enjoy.

Feb 17, 9:02 AM

Oh? I'm really interested.

Feb 17, 12:46 PM

Seems like it could be a decent one. I'll watch.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »