Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2017 1:55 PM
May 2015
i been seeing online people saying next chapter is the ending is this true ?
Feb 17, 2017 4:49 PM

Aug 2015
The series is in its climax so it should be ending very soon.
Whether the next chapter is the final one isn't completely clear.
Feb 18, 2017 4:05 AM
Jun 2014
Volume 8 ended with Chapter 39.
The page count for a volume is not constant with this manga. It was around 170-180 in the beginning, then Volume 7 was just 130 and now Volume 8 was 158 pages long according to Amazon.
Based on these facts, there are at least 2 chapters left, but they need be be around 50 pages long, so they can slap Chapter 35,5 and 39,5 with them and call it Volume 9 - Final Volume. If we get another chapter around 30 pages, then we can expect 3-4 more chapters.
So Chapter 40, next chapter will be the penultimate chapter, but only in the best case scenario, if we get around 50 pages and the final chapter will be that long to. Otherwise, it will end with Chapter 42-43.
Feb 19, 2017 5:14 PM
Sep 2013
I really don't think chapter 40 will be the final chapter. There are still many topics that the artist can illustrate on.

1) Their relationship hereon-out(are their feelings mutual? Do they start dating?)

2) Their struggles(cause every romance manga has to have a few)

3) What about Neko and their childhood picture(Engagement picture? Chapter 18)
3.1) If Neko and Masamune are already married, what happens to Aki X Masamune?
3.2) What if Neko doesn't want to divorce Masamue(all of this is speculations)
3.3) Masamune really likes Neko, but gave her up for his revenge. What happens now?

4) The artist himself said that "A love comedy, you see, is 80% finished, once the love becomes mutual" (Chapter32, Masamune helping the French girl with Japanese romance. We don't know if their love is really mutual yet.)

As I see it, it still has a ways to go. Hopefully at least another 5-6 chapters. March is around the corner, nothing to do but wait.
AznAnime3Feb 19, 2017 7:44 PM
Feb 24, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 2014
Maybe. But like how other pointed out probably not. Wait and see really.
Feb 24, 2017 8:29 AM
Dec 2014
AznAnime3 said:
I really don't think chapter 40 will be the final chapter. There are still many topics that the artist can illustrate on.

1) Their relationship hereon-out(are their feelings mutual? Do they start dating?)

2) Their struggles(cause every romance manga has to have a few)

3) What about Neko and their childhood picture(Engagement picture? Chapter 18)
3.1) If Neko and Masamune are already married, what happens to Aki X Masamune?
3.2) What if Neko doesn't want to divorce Masamue(all of this is speculations)
3.3) Masamune really likes Neko, but gave her up for his revenge. What happens now?

4) The artist himself said that "A love comedy, you see, is 80% finished, once the love becomes mutual" (Chapter32, Masamune helping the French girl with Japanese romance. We don't know if their love is really mutual yet.)

As I see it, it still has a ways to go. Hopefully at least another 5-6 chapters. March is around the corner, nothing to do but wait.

1. Like most romance manga or anime they probably won't get covered most likely we'll only get glimpses of it.

2. same answer as 1.

3. Just because it is so, it doesn't mean it has to be known by the MC. MC doesn't need to know every little thing about every character in the story. Also Neko herself seems to be determined to keep it a secret since she just destroyed the photo she has with her. Although I'd want to author to continue the story but with Kojuurou and Neko as the Main Characters with Aki and Masamune downgraded to support characters.

3.1. They are not engaged to begin with. Neko mentioned something about rich people giving out their children's pictures so that they can choose POTENTIAL engagement partner for their children. There is no mention of them getting engaged, what she says is that she saw Masamune's picture and went after him, but this is actually a lie, the truth is she knew him from childhood (Neko's childhood picture with Masamune). She is hiding the fact that they met in childhood so she made up the matchmaking story.

3.2 Well, they really weren't engaged. Unless if their parents did something behind their back. I think Neko understands that he likes Aki so she'll probably cancel the engagement (this is what makes her best grill),

3.3 Have we read the same manga? I'm sorry but obviously Masamune is in love with Aki and if he suddenly somehow becomes in love with Neko that will make no sense at all. Think about it they spend the least time together, Neko likes Masamune and confessed to him but that doesn't mean that he will suddenly start falling in love with her and starts losing feelings for Aki (that's not how it works).

4. I think it just became mutual in Ch. 39. And well that's roughly 80-90% of the manga.
Feb 28, 2017 6:46 AM
Jun 2014
Raws are out for the next chapter. It's another sidestory. :/
Feb 28, 2017 11:15 AM
Aug 2010
SogiitaGunha said:

are you serious? but why?
Feb 28, 2017 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
Do you happen to know what happens? Even though it's a side story, I'd like to find out any info if possible. Or at least a link to the raw scans. Lol. I've been trying to do the same with SAO Ordinal scale to no avail because I want to see for myself the scenes that strengthen the bond between Asuna and Kirito 😂
Feb 28, 2017 12:45 PM
Jun 2014
Itachi_0893 said:

Yup, unfortunately. Maybe the author wants to stretch the manga a bit before the ending, so a possible 10 episodes 2nd season gets greenlit to fully adapt the story.

ECW28 said:
Do you happen to know what happens? Even though it's a side story, I'd like to find out any info if possible. Or at least a link to the raw scans. Lol. I've been trying to do the same with SAO Ordinal scale to no avail because I want to see for myself the scenes that strengthen the bond between Asuna and Kirito 😂

Masamune helps the class rep with baseball throwing, because she sucks. After a bit of practice, she throws a strong one that knocks out a fish in the pond. Later we saw two girls going to somewhere, probably to also practice, but they see a shady, bear-like creature in the school window. They get scared and run away. It was Masamune's and the class rep's doing. Finally we see Masamune and the class rep talking about something in the classroom and that's about the chapter.
Feb 28, 2017 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
Itachi_0893 said:

Yup, unfortunately. Maybe the author wants to stretch the manga a bit before the ending, so a possible 10 episodes 2nd season gets greenlit to fully adapt the story.

ECW28 said:

Masamune helps the class rep with baseball throwing, because she sucks. After a bit of practice, she throws a strong one that knocks out a fish in the pond. Later we saw two girls going to somewhere, probably to also practice, but they see a shady, bear-like creature in the school window. They get scared and run away. It was Masamune's and the class rep's doing. Finally we see Masamune and the class rep talking about something in the classroom and that's about the chapter.

Alright. Thanks. I guess the story will pick back up later this month? (Barring another side story)
Mar 5, 2017 3:48 PM
Aug 2016
i hope it end faster, this last 3 chapter the blow is so low, it feel suck how they just become couple like that, if only adagaki aki suffer so bad from kanetsugu fraud more or if only aki first know the truth from "master" why masamune dissapear too, then they become couple it look more interesting. makabe resolve still unclear it still revenge(?) there is no explaination, just from knowing it was not aki that reject him in that time, then he love aki again(?) even that's all cliche this one cliche so suck, oh god please how about all the thing happened from chapter 1-36 it's irritating true enough. all chapter after in france till now it's frustating to read. it's just like in the spur time bla, bla, bla poof they become couple. if it will still long hope the author fix the story line makeitinteresting again
Mar 23, 2017 11:31 PM

Dec 2013
ECW28 said:

I can't possibly see that happening. Maybe an OVA or 2 to wrap it up no way they can stretch it to 10. I mean there's like 2-3 chapters difference between where the anime ended and where the manga is
Mar 24, 2017 2:10 AM
Nov 2016
Just don't do a nisekoi and we will be fine.

Mar 24, 2017 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
pjburton said:
ECW28 said:

I can't possibly see that happening. Maybe an OVA or 2 to wrap it up no way they can stretch it to 10. I mean there's like 2-3 chapters difference between where the anime ended and where the manga is
They adapted up to Chapter 29. The manga is at 39 (I think 40 is being released on the 27th).
Mar 25, 2017 3:27 AM

Dec 2015
Where does the paris arc end? :o
Mar 27, 2017 6:33 AM
Jun 2014
So...

Apparently the next chapter is also a side story...

And the chapter after next chapter is also going to be another side story...

Moral of the story:
If you are going to make 4 side story chapters in a row, don't announce that the series entered climax.
Mar 27, 2017 10:26 AM
Mar 2009
SogiitaGunha said:
So...

Moral of the story:
If you are going to make 4 side story chapters in a row, don't announce that the series entered climax.

Is this true? F%^k... I'm waiting since January for chapter 40, and it turns out in the best scenario it will come out in June... probably... hopefully... I want to know what happens next!!!
Mar 27, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
So...

Moral of the story:
Can you provide a source?
Mar 27, 2017 12:44 PM
Jun 2014
Next chapter is 100% a side story. I can confirm that.
There is a sidetext in the last page that says "Next is 本編." People say this means another sidestory. I went with this, but it could very well mean "main story". It's debated right now.
Mar 27, 2017 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
There is a sidetext in the last page that says "Next is 本編." People say this means another sidestory. I went with this, but it could very well mean "main story". It's debated right now.
Well, that's a downer :(
Mar 27, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
Also, I put the text into Google Translate, and it translates to 'Main part'.
Mar 27, 2017 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
Also, do you have a link to the scans? I'd love to see them now, as there might be a three week wait for the translations to come out here.
Mar 27, 2017 1:25 PM
Jun 2014
ECW28 said:
Also, do you have a link to the scans? I'd love to see them now, as there might be a three week wait for the translations to come out here.

There you go, bro. ;)
Mar 27, 2017 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
ECW28 said:

There you go, bro. ;)
The anime better get a second season to make up for all these side chapters.
Mar 27, 2017 2:18 PM
Mar 2009
SogiitaGunha said:
ECW28 said:

There you go, bro. ;)

Thank you very much!
Mar 28, 2017 10:14 AM
Dec 2014
SogiitaGunha said:
ECW28 said:

There you go, bro. ;)

Why is it named as "40" when it is 39 on ours? But I guess it makes sense. Author hints that the show is at 80% once love gets mutual... So chapter 40 is the 80% then it will probably end on chapter 50.

Oh god I checked it out... I'm having a weird premonition that the next chapter is also gonna be a side chapter again... Anyone know how to read that stuff? Based on the pictures someone who got rejected decided to hit back? He seems to be either a rich guy or a bully and this seems to be the period between from episode 1 to episode 3 of the anime.
Mar 28, 2017 10:24 AM
Jun 2014
The debate over the meaning of the sidedext is went to the favor of "Main story, not "Sidestory". I also believe in the former now. We shall see next month.
Mar 28, 2017 12:58 PM
Mar 2009
Actually after 2 week, because when the chapter is translated, they will also translate the side text.
Mar 28, 2017 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
So Ch 40 will probably get released next month (April) right?

Considering they just released Ch 39.5.2 this month, they aren't gonna drop another chapter anytime soon correct?
Mar 29, 2017 1:13 PM
Mar 2009
Akira said:
So Ch 40 will probably get released next month (April) right?

Considering they just released Ch 39.5.2 this month, they aren't gonna drop another chapter anytime soon correct?

I'm confused about the chapter numbers, so I'll say it like this: in 2 weeks (mid April) they should translate the third side story, which came out the other day, and in then the next chapter should be (i hope (I also hope it will be main story)) in mid May.
Apr 12, 2017 8:30 PM

Nov 2016
There was another side story released this past week so I guess we will probably not be seeing a chapter 40 anytime soon...
Apr 28, 2017 2:18 PM
Dec 2014
According to this website the manga will end at chapter 44.
May 7, 2017 10:26 AM
Jun 2013
Orcane said:

Do they also count the side stories as full chapters? I have seen that mistake quite a few times now. Because by that count we are basically done now.
May 8, 2017 4:43 PM
Dec 2014
megakruemel said:
Do they also count the side stories as full chapters? I have seen that mistake quite a few times now. Because by that count we are basically done now.

Supposedly they are going to be released as a volume 0.
Aug 4, 2017 11:32 AM
Dec 2014
megakruemel said:
Orcane said:

Oh shoot I read it the spoilers ahhh
Oct 20, 2017 9:48 AM
Oct 2017
So when will chapter 44 be released??

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 58 Discussion

Aramanime - May 27, 2023

10 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 26, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 56 Discussion

TheYoshiman - Mar 28, 2021

6 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 17, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

6 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 14, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Aki vs Yoshino

mechian - Aug 7, 2017

5 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 29, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 67 Discussion

ARK-13 - Dec 5, 2023

18 by waalex11 »»
Feb 29, 3:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.