Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2017 2:38 AM

Jun 2015
saeed1m said:
hey guys, What's a beta character? many of you labeled Shouichi as beta character and i don't have any idea what does it mean

Definition:
"An unremarkable, careful man who avoids risk and confrontation. Beta males lack the physical presence, charisma and confidence of the Alpha male."

Basically, a guy who is afraid of making any advances and always passes on opportunities to take charge of the situation and make it go his way.

Example: Alpha male likes a girl, he goes and asks her out.

Beta male likes a girl, he talks to her, looks at her, is nice to her, hoping that eventually, she is going to ask him out.
This is due to the Beta males low self-esteem. In the beta males head, getting rejected would be the absolute worst thing that could ever happen because it would crush his self-value even more. If the beta avoids the risk of getting rejected, he will never get hurt and won't have to do a confrontation that might crush their small ego.
SlayahhFeb 19, 2017 2:44 AM
Feb 19, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
Decent episode, but i haven't gotten the impression that Miyamae has any romantic feelings for Kamita yet. Though the last few minutes of this episode give me hope. Last arc ended shitty, hopefully this one doesn't follow suit.
Feb 19, 2017 7:32 AM

Oct 2010
I just want this end arch doesn't finish like the first one :( and I'm not sure about what's gonna happen
Feb 19, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2012
Sadly; The writing isn't that good.
A lot of unesessary things are going around them that don't need our attention. We only get to see the pair actually develop and click on the last episode. If that happens again it's either forced or rushed or even both by the writers. The writter needs to make the protagonist be more clear with his feelings and not be as dense like most anime males are.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 19, 2017 11:28 AM
Mar 2016

Wlep, one more of her arc and it's gonna be........

....an imoto arc.
Feb 19, 2017 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
Decent episode, I guess... Though I didn't quite get that scene where they had a fight at Miyamae's house. Why did she randomly decide to stop playing games with him? And how did Shoichi convince her to play with him again? Some of the dialogue and interactions also felt forced and rushed.

This arc definitely better than the first one, but so far Seiren isn't living up to Amagami at all.

What's the difference?
Feb 19, 2017 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
Yet again this show immediately diffuses any potential drama or tension before we can even indulge in it at least a little bit. It's all just...so tame, and not just that but there's barely any romance here.

As it looks, Tsuneki arc still had more potential due to her being the most interesting character in Seiren ~ I mean, she's still fairly good as a side character in this arc. Sadly, that potential wasn't met due to the show being just too tame. It barely scratches the surface of some issues before they get immediately resolved, same with Hikari's friend that ratted her out, same with Toru's issues. Hikari calls her,tells her she has a better gaming partner nearby,Toru think's it over for a brief moment and that's it.

No1's asking or expecting anything too dramatic here, but come on, at least have some romantic tension ~ wait, nvm, can't have romantic tension if there's barely any romance. Feelsbadman.
Feb 19, 2017 1:26 PM

Apr 2012
ManlyTear said:
Yet again this show immediately diffuses any potential drama or tension before we can even indulge in it at least a little bit. It's all just...so tame, and not just that but there's barely any romance here.

As it looks, Tsuneki arc still had more potential due to her being the most interesting character in Seiren ~ I mean, she's still fairly good as a side character in this arc. Sadly, that potential wasn't met due to the show being just too tame. It barely scratches the surface of some issues before they get immediately resolved, same with Hikari's friend that ratted her out, same with Toru's issues. Hikari calls her,tells her she has a better gaming partner nearby,Toru think's it over for a brief moment and that's it.

No1's asking or expecting anything too dramatic here, but come on, at least have some romantic tension ~ wait, nvm, can't have romantic tension if there's barely any romance. Feelsbadman.

I agree, what's up with the protagonist not having a backstory. The 1st episode of Amagami was we got to know right away who was Junichi: his past and how he felt about going back to the dating scene making him really relatable in most parts. Junichi's various arcs with a girl explores what kind of guy he is and how much he blends with them. In this series we get a completely dense guy who would happen to end up with a girl by mostly chance if he's lucky.
He's 0/6 at the moment with the girls writen for him so he still has a chance with the 5 remaining.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 19, 2017 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
When Tooru was fidgeting over how to invite Kamita, I was raging 'Just give him the damn tickets, he's a pushover stalker anyway'!!!!!!!

Slayahh said:
*Miyamae looks at him* - Shouichi blushes
*Miyamae sits down* - Shouichi blushes
*Miyamae breathes* - Shouichi blushes

You know when you do a trope so often that it loses any meaning that it had? Yeah, that's what blushing is to me in this series.

Yeah.....feel ya bro. A character that changes in every heroine arcs, isn't gonna taken seriously by me.
Feb 19, 2017 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
Can we just have 5 more episodes of Tooru please? CLEARLY she is best girl. They're in a comfortable relationship now which doesn't seem to be leading to any problems like the last arc did. It's really a breath of fresh air.

So we hear her history and we're getting over it. Now she will always have someone to game with.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 19, 2017 2:01 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty chill episode
The episodes main focus was on the developing relationship between Shouichi and Toru. It was interesting to see Shouichi ask Hikari about Toru's past though and that was actually quite interesting. To think that Toru and Hikari used to be part of a girl gaming group in mid school and that Toru was the most popular one there. Given Toru's current personality i guessed that this was what drove her friends away and left her alone. Toru's brother though was an interesting character in that he was so different to his sister. But it was funny seeing him get the wrong impression about high school kids though. It was cute seeing Toru as a child on a gameshow though. But Toru's conversation with Hikari was the key part of this episode in that she convinced her that Shouichi is perhaps reliable as a partner just like she was.

The scene at the arcade where Shouichi showed her the different games was funny. She still thinks too much about that mecha game though but its nice to see her enjoy herself. Its also nice to see her realize that perhaps its time for a break from gaming. Its nice that Toru actually did come back after though as shouichi and his goat really looked bored. But her reaction in trying to invite Shouichi to the festival though was funny as Shouichi thought that she was trying to grab him. The date and their reactions to it was funny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2017 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Rather enjoyable episode, no complaints with how things are developing.
Feb 20, 2017 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
I liked the brother. Good char/personality and I liked that he wasn't overprotective and against other boys visiting his sister. Seems like he's the cram school teacher from arc 1. Hopefully we'll get to see him in future arcs a bit as well every now and then.

In Amagami there was a girl with a younger brother. Here we get an older brother. I like this better.
Feb 20, 2017 8:58 AM

Aug 2014
hmm I like Tooru as character but her arc is not as good as it could and should be.
Even if it is around game it is not funny, kinda sad and melancholic :( and this ED song even adds to that atmosphere ;/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 21, 2017 9:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That brother complex lol

I really like Tsuneki's role in this arc. She's still getting a bit of focus while also making sure it doesn't overshadow Miyamae.

That bunny plush is cute, Kamita hugging it was so hilarious. And then he puts it back on the chair before holding it again lol

Feb 22, 2017 3:31 AM

Nov 2016
I want to see the finishing... this arc is better than first arc I think, but still need improvement.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Feb 23, 2017 2:23 AM

Dec 2009
Nother nice ep...

Why can't they just call it "comiket"? Lots of other anime do.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 24, 2017 5:47 PM

Aug 2015
So Tooru's brother is the teacher from the first arc. What a surprise!
Feb 24, 2017 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
Blushing Tooru is a pure winwin for me...(the part wherein she asks MC to go out with her on ComiMa)
4/5.

Apr 5, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2010
I love how the bunny changes everytime Shouichi does something hahaha
Apr 16, 2017 7:36 AM

May 2012
Not too shabby, let's see what happens next!
Apr 20, 2017 1:22 AM

Apr 2015
For some reason I want Tooru to cosplay as a maido would look pretty hot I think hmm. Anyway blushes were pretty cute this episode but other than that meh.
Jun 20, 2017 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, they're getting along really well
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 12, 2017 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
It took me a few minutes to figure Miyamae's brother was the teacher with the sunglasses and the wood sword of Tsuneki's arc, lmao.
I like how the rabbit plush was changing of expressions through the episode.

Also, those comments of Arita in the preview... were pretty creepy.
Nov 22, 2017 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
Tooru: new, we're partners outside of outside of games, to.
Tomoe's friend: i'm not sure i understand
ME: its not hard to understand she said hes my BF its that simple
Sugram22Nov 22, 2017 9:35 AM
Mar 14, 2018 5:16 AM

Jul 2016
Tooru wanting to take a break reminded me of the negative qualities of a certain someone I used to talk to, so that's a strike against her.
Jan 17, 2019 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
Eeeeh, pretty boring tbh. The protagonist is still a creepy wuss.
Mar 25, 2020 3:21 AM
Feb 2020
Luthandorius said:
I liked the brother. Good char/personality and I liked that he wasn't overprotective and against other boys visiting his sister. Seems like he's the cram school teacher from arc 1. Hopefully we'll get to see him in future arcs a bit as well every now and then.

In Amagami there was a girl with a younger brother. Here we get an older brother. I like this better.

Lol that younger brother is Ikuo if you haven't noticed
May 15, 2020 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
I would visit that gameroom with only one type of controller that seems to be forgotten by the most of gamers. It looked fun.
Aug 4, 2020 10:49 PM

Feb 2019
Tooru asking Shoichi out to ComiMa was pretty cute.
May 20, 2022 2:37 PM

Mar 2019
I actually like Miyamae, especially in this episode, her brother is also kind of cool.

That green light towards the end when they were talking always makes me think of that one ending from a "romance" anime with the green moon dark lit room :(

Nice ending, hopefully the conclusion is better than Tsuneki's, please, it's not hard.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 28, 2022 7:50 AM

Aug 2018
lol.. I wonder, if it would ever become a norm.. That pupils/students would go to toilet together.. I mean.. Norms do change.. Maybe after several generations it'll be norm, who knows.. Like how today is norm that girls can kiss each other, while meeting.. And do it in public, not in some hiding place or whatever.. It wasn't so in like only couple of generations ago, really, if not in previous generation as well..
Jul 2, 2023 5:11 AM

Nov 2010
Their time in that arcade looked so fun. I'm a bit envious!
Tsuneki is still the prettiest girl in the show, IMO.
Nov 12, 2023 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
Miyamae definitely is the best girl by far.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

54 by WolfWood37 »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

62 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

97 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

129 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 13, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

94 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 10, 2023 8:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.