Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Demon's Plan Chapter 12 Discussion


#1
Feb 16, 2017 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 120844
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So that was it huh? A 56 year time skip, meh fight, and well...somewhat of an open end. It was a short ride...really wish it would of been longer, sigh.

I'm not too surprised by the axing though really.
 
 
#2
Feb 16, 2017 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 6436
Roblion is sealed forever.

At least Eus had a nice family moment. :)

Carlos becomes something like a warlord and wants to battle it all out and see this battle royale finished with.
Salvia's brother and Carlos intend to fight it all out at a secluded location to which the Boro and Salvia are invited.

Honestly, it felt more like a beginning than an ending. I thought the manga had potential but I guess it needed way more time to bring it out. I think a lot of these authors are trying to go for a really high impact start hoping they can get popular or something. This results in them trying to add way too many elements into the story and often it just has the opposite effect. That was kinda the issue with Red Sprite as well.
R.I.P Demon's Plan , I'll give it a 6/10 .
 
#3
Feb 16, 2017 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 363
I thought this was going to a good story, I'm surprised they axed it so quick.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted
 
#4
Feb 16, 2017 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 366
What the hell happened?? I was enjoying this manga and then i see END how the hell is this end this is literally beggining of the story!!
You cannot spell Light without L
 
#5
Feb 16, 2017 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5814
uroslbj said:
What the hell happened?? I was enjoying this manga and then i see END how the hell is this end this is literally beggining of the story!!
It's because in the eyes of the WSJ staff, if a series isn't really popular then they're gonna axe it no matter how much potential or quality that it has

Honestly, this is the last straw for me......I'm sick and tired of WSJ and their self entitled asses and I HATE that they do this because this and Red Sprite had a lot of potential to be great series (I mean come on man....The setup in this chapter was so fucking hype) and now because of this, we won't ever get to see these series reach their full potential....Like how do you expect a series to be instantly great after just 10-12 chapters.....And a weekly series at that?

Thank god that The Promised Neverland managed to make it because if that got cut too then I would have no hope for WSJ whatsoever, ESPECIALLY because they're endlessly dickriding something like Trash Clover

Anyway, my rant is over.....I just hope that the new series coming out will manage to survive because so far, I like the first 2/6 of em
 
#6
Feb 16, 2017 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 366
i agree man but i dont understand does this mangaka dont have any other publisher to choose i mean this is the most popular but daaamn. I thought red sprite had potential but it started getting little dull but this manga haad A LOOOT of potential
You cannot spell Light without L
 
#7
Feb 16, 2017 12:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 5830
Tokoya said:
uroslbj said:
What the hell happened?? I was enjoying this manga and then i see END how the hell is this end this is literally beggining of the story!!
It's because in the eyes of the WSJ staff, if a series isn't really popular then they're gonna axe it no matter how much potential or quality that it has

Honestly, this is the last straw for me......I'm sick and tired of WSJ and their self entitled asses and I HATE that they do this because this and Red Sprite had a lot of potential to be great series (I mean come on man....The setup in this chapter was so fucking hype) and now because of this, we won't ever get to see these series reach their full potential....Like how do you expect a series to be instantly great after just 10-12 chapters.....And a weekly series at that?

Thank god that The Promised Neverland managed to make it because if that got cut too then I would have no hope for WSJ whatsoever, ESPECIALLY because they're endlessly dickriding something like Trash Clover

Anyway, my rant is over.....I just hope that the new series coming out will manage to survive because so far, I like the first 2/6 of em


That's not exactly....there is both voting system by readers and the rankings are actually decided by editors, and demon's plan always came last. Although the powers and fights are somewhat fun to watch, main faults were MC lacked motivation and his character didn't offer anything unique from the typical shonen formula, poor world building, and there was no direction where the story was heading. Some earlier series survived because wsj didn't face this crisis that time, maybe working in a standard shounen way with slow and steady buildup kinda like what bnha did, could be vital to success, or at least a bit unique like neverland. Red sprites tried to do too much things at failed. A lot of these new mangakas think that bringing in too much things at once will make it successful
From the new series, I think u19 will not survive, the plot is way over the top, and they are bringing back prev mangakas for a good reason.
Modified by Togata-, Feb 16, 2017 12:37 PM
 
#8
Feb 16, 2017 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22670
Boros seals up the lord with his blood and carlos made dogma go into civil war.
Salvia's bro vs carlos and boros wants to protect them both.

Just when it was getting into it's stride, what a waste 7/10
Demon Carlos was a mistake.
 
 
#9
Feb 16, 2017 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 149
God, this pisses me off! Demon's Plan was pretty decent, imho, and WSJ had to fuck it with the axe, just as it started to reach the real meat of the story. I'm through with Jump. This is the third series (Red Sprite, Amalgram of Distortion, this) I've invested time in, only to be screwed in the end. I guess if it doesn't have panty shots every two seconds, tits in every panel, or flat-out dumb protagonists with an endless gut, it doesn't get anywhere anymore. As someone pointed out in the Anime News Network forum, One Piece didn't get really good, until at least chapter 13/14, so why cut this series short? Naruto is also another one. As much of a fan as I am, of it, it didn't get really good (to me) until the first Zabuza fight, which was most definitely past ch. 12. If they would at least let a series reach 20/25 before cancellation, I wouldn't be so pissed about it, but they're prematurely cutting the fruit here, so to speak. It's ridiculous.

《END OF RANT》
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
 
Feb 16, 2017 1:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
HakuryuNoKou said:
God, this pisses me off! Demon's Plan was pretty decent, imho, and WSJ had to fuck it with the axe, just as it started to reach the real meat of the story. I'm through with Jump. This is the third series (Red Sprite, Amalgram of Distortion, this) I've invested time in, only to be screwed in the end. I guess if it doesn't have panty shots every two seconds, tits in every panel, or flat-out dumb protagonists with an endless gut, it doesn't get anywhere anymore. As someone pointed out in the Anime News Network forum, One Piece didn't get really good, until at least chapter 13/14, so why cut this series short? Naruto is also another one. As much of a fan as I am, of it, it didn't get really good (to me) until the first Zabuza fight, which was most definitely past ch. 12. If they would at least let a series reach 20/25 before cancellation, I wouldn't be so pissed about it, but they're prematurely cutting the fruit here, so to speak. It's ridiculous.

《END OF RANT》


Unlike One Piece, Demon's plan never appealed to the people the read it. One Piece was decently ranked while Demon's plan was almost always last.

Red Sprite suffered from pacing issues(I honestly wished this author had gotten better after his last manga), Amalgalm was actually interesting and I was disappointed, Demon's plan suffered from a mix of bad art(even Boruto's first chapters were better than what I saw in Demon's plan), and bad story telling.

This is just how WSJ works. It's been like this for years and it's not going to change now. There have been manga that have been axed in less chapters than Demon's plan has.
 
 
Feb 16, 2017 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 305
People still somehow don't understand how WSJ works after all this time. It doesn't matter how much you may like a manga, to survive in Jump you need good rankings from fans in Japan (for at least the early life of a series) and more importantly good volume sales (though this doesn't always mean safety, like the case of Bleach and Toriko where their sales while good have been on the decline and the potential revenue in other media dried up for the franchise.) For a manga's first few months of life, good or average rankings in the reader surveys is a must. Let's take a quick look at all the recent manga's WSJ has killed quick ranking wise.
Love Rush: Highest Rank Achieved 9th out of 15, Times It was in the Bottom 3 When Being Ranked 5/6 (It was in 6 issues ranked, 5 of those issues it was in the bottom 3 mangas)
Red Sprite: Highest Rank Achieved 13th out of 15, Times It was in the Bottom 3 When Being Ranked 7/7
Amalgam of Distortion: Highest Rank Achieved 12th out of 15, Times It was in the Bottom 3 When Being Ranked 10/11
Demon's Plan: Highest Rank Achieved 11th out of 12, Times It was in the Bottom 3 When Being Ranked 5/5
Next Likely Axe (Ore Golazo) Highest Rank Achieved so far 11th out of 14, Times It was in the Bottom 3 When Being Ranked 3/4.
Those that do survive and have decent or good rankings need to show growth/sales potential, if there is no profit to be made (even if it's decent to well received in reader surveys, if there's no growth or future in sales then the manga will be axed just like Dance Club was sadly.) WSJ has no reason to stick with a franchise even if it's loved. Is it cruel? Maybe, but this is how WSJ has and seems like it will operate for the foreseeable future. They will continue to prune the branches that don't show potential to bear plentiful fruit, in order to not waste time and resources on it; as well as to redirect those resources on another branch that could become profitable. Demon's Plan like many of series before it was just another bust for WSJ that couldn't bear potential fruit.
 
Feb 16, 2017 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 121
sancho1 said:
HakuryuNoKou said:
God, this pisses me off! Demon's Plan was pretty decent, imho, and WSJ had to fuck it with the axe, just as it started to reach the real meat of the story. I'm through with Jump. This is the third series (Red Sprite, Amalgram of Distortion, this) I've invested time in, only to be screwed in the end. I guess if it doesn't have panty shots every two seconds, tits in every panel, or flat-out dumb protagonists with an endless gut, it doesn't get anywhere anymore. As someone pointed out in the Anime News Network forum, One Piece didn't get really good, until at least chapter 13/14, so why cut this series short? Naruto is also another one. As much of a fan as I am, of it, it didn't get really good (to me) until the first Zabuza fight, which was most definitely past ch. 12. If they would at least let a series reach 20/25 before cancellation, I wouldn't be so pissed about it, but they're prematurely cutting the fruit here, so to speak. It's ridiculous.

《END OF RANT》


Unlike One Piece, Demon's plan never appealed to the people the read it. One Piece was decently ranked while Demon's plan was almost always last.

Red Sprite suffered from pacing issues(I honestly wished this author had gotten better after his last manga), Amalgalm was actually interesting and I was disappointed, Demon's plan suffered from a mix of bad art(even Boruto's first chapters were better than what I saw in Demon's plan), and bad story telling.

This is just how WSJ works. It's been like this for years and it's not going to change now. There have been manga that have been axed in less chapters than Demon's plan has.

I see what you're trynna say, but you can't really blame the guys defending the series. I mean, when you look at wannabe NarutoxFairyTail, aka "Black Clover" be soo popular with it's rip off shiz, you can't help but wonder WHY they'd axe series that are better than that, thought I can't agree with the "Bad art" part. I mean, the series had one of the Best character designs and art. Not to mention this was the Authors first series.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
Modified by Yanguball, Feb 21, 2017 4:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 16, 2017 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5814
Frostbytes said:
Tokoya said:
It's because in the eyes of the WSJ staff, if a series isn't really popular then they're gonna axe it no matter how much potential or quality that it has

Honestly, this is the last straw for me......I'm sick and tired of WSJ and their self entitled asses and I HATE that they do this because this and Red Sprite had a lot of potential to be great series (I mean come on man....The setup in this chapter was so fucking hype) and now because of this, we won't ever get to see these series reach their full potential....Like how do you expect a series to be instantly great after just 10-12 chapters.....And a weekly series at that?

Thank god that The Promised Neverland managed to make it because if that got cut too then I would have no hope for WSJ whatsoever, ESPECIALLY because they're endlessly dickriding something like Trash Clover

Anyway, my rant is over.....I just hope that the new series coming out will manage to survive because so far, I like the first 2/6 of em


That's not exactly....there is both voting system by readers and the rankings are actually decided by editors, and demon's plan always came last. Although the powers and fights are somewhat fun to watch, main faults were MC lacked motivation and his character didn't offer anything unique from the typical shonen formula, poor world building, and there was no direction where the story was heading. Some earlier series survived because wsj didn't face this crisis that time, maybe working in a standard shounen way with slow and steady buildup kinda like what bnha did, could be vital to success, or at least a bit unique like neverland. Red sprites tried to do too much things at failed. A lot of these new mangakas think that bringing in too much things at once will make it successful
From the new series, I think u19 will not survive, the plot is way over the top, and they are bringing back prev mangakas for a good reason.
The order of the magazine is not a ranking really, it's just determined on how popular the series is and since it's not popular with their readers they put it at the bottom because to them popularity = sales

As to the MC's motivation, I don't understand how it's much different than the goal of every other shounen MC in this magazine.....The only difference here is that he wants to live a happy life with his best friend who decided to go down a bad path of destruction instead of wanting to become the "best" at something so I don't see how this translates as "lacking motivation" or lacking direction for that matter since they established the motivations of all of main characters, they set up and explained the battle mechanics and as of this chapter, they set up their first big story event

The world building argument holds no weight here because you can't expect great world building from a story after only 12 chapters.....One Piece and Naruto barely had any world building at this point in the story and at this time in OP, Nami and Zoro were fairly new in the story (Just like how these two new companions are new in Demon Plan)

And please don't start with the "unique" argument because if there's anything that we can learn from Black Clover, its that the WSJ readers has no problem with a series being generic
 
Feb 16, 2017 7:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 637
Tokoya said:
uroslbj said:
What the hell happened?? I was enjoying this manga and then i see END how the hell is this end this is literally beggining of the story!!
It's because in the eyes of the WSJ staff, if a series isn't really popular then they're gonna axe it no matter how much potential or quality that it has

Honestly, this is the last straw for me......I'm sick and tired of WSJ and their self entitled asses and I HATE that they do this because this and Red Sprite had a lot of potential to be great series (I mean come on man....The setup in this chapter was so fucking hype) and now because of this, we won't ever get to see these series reach their full potential....Like how do you expect a series to be instantly great after just 10-12 chapters.....And a weekly series at that?

Thank god that The Promised Neverland managed to make it because if that got cut too then I would have no hope for WSJ whatsoever, ESPECIALLY because they're endlessly dickriding something like Trash Clover

Anyway, my rant is over.....I just hope that the new series coming out will manage to survive because so far, I like the first 2/6 of em


Well get used to it is the manga ranking system from a different country they are not american comic books you know.
 
Feb 16, 2017 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5814
johnknight648 said:
Tokoya said:
It's because in the eyes of the WSJ staff, if a series isn't really popular then they're gonna axe it no matter how much potential or quality that it has

Honestly, this is the last straw for me......I'm sick and tired of WSJ and their self entitled asses and I HATE that they do this because this and Red Sprite had a lot of potential to be great series (I mean come on man....The setup in this chapter was so fucking hype) and now because of this, we won't ever get to see these series reach their full potential....Like how do you expect a series to be instantly great after just 10-12 chapters.....And a weekly series at that?

Thank god that The Promised Neverland managed to make it because if that got cut too then I would have no hope for WSJ whatsoever, ESPECIALLY because they're endlessly dickriding something like Trash Clover

Anyway, my rant is over.....I just hope that the new series coming out will manage to survive because so far, I like the first 2/6 of em


Well get used to it is the manga ranking system from a different country they are not american comic books you know.
Just because that's how they decide to do things, that doesn't mean that I or anyone else for that matter has to sit by and like it
 
Feb 16, 2017 8:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 637
You know if that series would have continued Boro would have find carlos only to have a heel turn and it will be like the naruto sasuke thing .

Then many years onwards if the series continues , Boro will fight many evil opponents and try to make carlo's be on the side of good again and then in the penultimate arc Boro and his friends will fight the final big bad of the series while in the climax of the series Boro and Carlo fight like the naruto and sasuke final fight and then in the end they are overly matched and carlos will once again be on the side of the good and be friends with Boro again or a redemption equals death trope part thus ending Boro's life long quest to find carlos throughout the series then time skip to the final chapter on what happened to the characters and then the series ends

This is what would have happened to the series is not cancelled.
 
Feb 16, 2017 8:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 70
Tokoya said:
uroslbj said:
What the hell happened?? I was enjoying this manga and then i see END how the hell is this end this is literally beggining of the story!!
It's because in the eyes of the WSJ staff, if a series isn't really popular then they're gonna axe it no matter how much potential or quality that it has

Honestly, this is the last straw for me......I'm sick and tired of WSJ and their self entitled asses and I HATE that they do this because this and Red Sprite had a lot of potential to be great series (I mean come on man....The setup in this chapter was so fucking hype) and now because of this, we won't ever get to see these series reach their full potential....Like how do you expect a series to be instantly great after just 10-12 chapters.....And a weekly series at that?

Thank god that The Promised Neverland managed to make it because if that got cut too then I would have no hope for WSJ whatsoever, ESPECIALLY because they're endlessly dickriding something like Trash Clover

Anyway, my rant is over.....I just hope that the new series coming out will manage to survive because so far, I like the first 2/6 of em

Shonen Jump's paying customers actually didn't like it. So you can't blame them for axing it
 
Feb 16, 2017 10:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 5830
Tokoya said:
Frostbytes said:


That's not exactly....there is both voting system by readers and the rankings are actually decided by editors, and demon's plan always came last. Although the powers and fights are somewhat fun to watch, main faults were MC lacked motivation and his character didn't offer anything unique from the typical shonen formula, poor world building, and there was no direction where the story was heading. Some earlier series survived because wsj didn't face this crisis that time, maybe working in a standard shounen way with slow and steady buildup kinda like what bnha did, could be vital to success, or at least a bit unique like neverland. Red sprites tried to do too much things at failed. A lot of these new mangakas think that bringing in too much things at once will make it successful
From the new series, I think u19 will not survive, the plot is way over the top, and they are bringing back prev mangakas for a good reason.
The order of the magazine is not a ranking really, it's just determined on how popular the series is and since it's not popular with their readers they put it at the bottom because to them popularity = sales

As to the MC's motivation, I don't understand how it's much different than the goal of every other shounen MC in this magazine.....The only difference here is that he wants to live a happy life with his best friend who decided to go down a bad path of destruction instead of wanting to become the "best" at something so I don't see how this translates as "lacking motivation" or lacking direction for that matter since they established the motivations of all of main characters, they set up and explained the battle mechanics and as of this chapter, they set up their first big story event

The world building argument holds no weight here because you can't expect great world building from a story after only 12 chapters.....One Piece and Naruto barely had any world building at this point in the story and at this time in OP, Nami and Zoro were fairly new in the story (Just like how these two new companions are new in Demon Plan)

And please don't start with the "unique" argument because if there's anything that we can learn from Black Clover, its that the WSJ readers has no problem with a series being generic


I have said this times and again, that's not what wsj rankings work, Oda explained this a few days ago http://m.imgur.com/2LZ9Ttk The rankings aren't strictly based on the survey results.

Imo this suffered from bad storytelling and cluttered tropes in the very first chap, although it got a bit better after like 10 chap but that's too late. OP first 10 chap are vastly superior to this and much more appealing for a number of reasons, the motivation thing has been used times and again. Just average quality won't do now in wsj, although it did for other manga long ago.

I am using a "different approach" from series for a good reason, as I already said series like Black clover was released a long ago, there wasn't this crisis at that time. Now all big shots have ended last year, they are pretty much trying a hit and trial policy to show them some promise at least in first 10 chap, that's how neverland and yuuna survived. Perform or perish, the message is pretty clear.
 
 
Feb 16, 2017 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5814
Frostbytes said:
Tokoya said:
The order of the magazine is not a ranking really, it's just determined on how popular the series is and since it's not popular with their readers they put it at the bottom because to them popularity = sales

As to the MC's motivation, I don't understand how it's much different than the goal of every other shounen MC in this magazine.....The only difference here is that he wants to live a happy life with his best friend who decided to go down a bad path of destruction instead of wanting to become the "best" at something so I don't see how this translates as "lacking motivation" or lacking direction for that matter since they established the motivations of all of main characters, they set up and explained the battle mechanics and as of this chapter, they set up their first big story event

The world building argument holds no weight here because you can't expect great world building from a story after only 12 chapters.....One Piece and Naruto barely had any world building at this point in the story and at this time in OP, Nami and Zoro were fairly new in the story (Just like how these two new companions are new in Demon Plan)

And please don't start with the "unique" argument because if there's anything that we can learn from Black Clover, its that the WSJ readers has no problem with a series being generic


I have said this times and again, that's not what wsj rankings work, Oda explained this a few days ago http://m.imgur.com/2LZ9Ttk The rankings aren't strictly based on the survey results.

Imo this suffered from bad storytelling and cluttered tropes in the very first chap, although it got a bit better after like 10 chap but that's too late. OP first 10 chap are vastly superior to this and much more appealing for a number of reasons, the motivation thing has been used times and again. Just average quality won't do now in wsj, although it did for other manga long ago.

I am using a "different approach" from series for a good reason, as I already said series like Black clover was released a long ago, there wasn't this crisis at that time. Now all big shots have ended last year, they are pretty much trying a hit and trial policy to show them some promise at least in first 10 chap, that's how neverland and yuuna survived. Perform or perish, the message is pretty clear.
It's decided by popularity.....Plain and simple. The only difference here is that the editor has the power to change that, but as we can clearly see week after week, the popular ones (One Piece, Hero Academia and Black Clover are always in the front)

Eh, the storytelling wasn't bad imo and I can't blame any shounen series for using the standard tropes but unlike Black Clover that literally had every trope in the book and everything you can find from just about anything you can think of, this didn't even come close.....And I disagree about OP but I'm not gonna get into the overrated One Piece wank fest that's everywhere and got people blinded because even Naruto was better and more entertaining than One Piece was in their early stages

Yuuna is pretty much geenric ecchi shounen 101 tho so that goes against your argument here and the same can be said about Black Clover.....Either way, it's impossible for a series to "perform" in the kind of way you're talking about after only 10 chapters or less so unless you pander to the questionable tastes of the WSJ readers and as we've seen time and time again since Naruto ended, they LOVE their generic shounen
 
Feb 16, 2017 11:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 5830
Tokoya said:
Frostbytes said:


I have said this times and again, that's not what wsj rankings work, Oda explained this a few days ago http://m.imgur.com/2LZ9Ttk The rankings aren't strictly based on the survey results.

Imo this suffered from bad storytelling and cluttered tropes in the very first chap, although it got a bit better after like 10 chap but that's too late. OP first 10 chap are vastly superior to this and much more appealing for a number of reasons, the motivation thing has been used times and again. Just average quality won't do now in wsj, although it did for other manga long ago.

I am using a "different approach" from series for a good reason, as I already said series like Black clover was released a long ago, there wasn't this crisis at that time. Now all big shots have ended last year, they are pretty much trying a hit and trial policy to show them some promise at least in first 10 chap, that's how neverland and yuuna survived. Perform or perish, the message is pretty clear.
It's decided by popularity.....Plain and simple. The only difference here is that the editor has the power to change that, but as we can clearly see week after week, the popular ones (One Piece, Hero Academia and Black Clover are always in the front)

Eh, the storytelling wasn't bad imo and I can't blame any shounen series for using the standard tropes but unlike Black Clover that literally had every trope in the book and everything you can find from just about anything you can think of, this didn't even come close.....And I disagree about OP but I'm not gonna get into the overrated One Piece wank fest that's everywhere and got people blinded because even Naruto was better and more entertaining than One Piece was in their early stages

Yuuna is pretty much geenric ecchi shounen 101 tho so that goes against your argument here and the same can be said about Black Clover.....Either way, it's impossible for a series to "perform" in the kind of way you're talking about after only 10 chapters or less so unless you pander to the questionable tastes of the WSJ readers and as we've seen time and time again since Naruto ended, they LOVE their generic shounen


Well I will post this video too to further prove my point https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfOmLWA1p1Y but yes, popularity plays a chunk of the factor too.
That's highly debatable abt what's overrated but imo-

One Piece does a lot better telling the story
Abilities, powers and fights in general are more dynamic and more about the actual abilities of the fighters, in One Piece. (Compared to getting hit, to start bleeding, just to get stronger... While other characters are having some amazing abilities...)
The characters in One Piece are actually funny to watch, they feel unique and they influence each other, over the course of the journey
Etc.

I am not even a fan of OP but that was a lot better than this initial chap, but ofc that's opinion. However from the general reactions of reddit and all I think many people will agree with me.


Yes yuuna follows the standard harem policy, but every character is likeable, and being a harem mc this guy is refreshing for once. Love rush also came as a standard harem, but quickly got cancelled for the opposite reasons.


And yes it's possible to prove in 10 chap, neverland proved it both with both sales and rankings sooo yeah. And I already said why BC survived lol, because of its time of release where wsj can afford that even if it was not popular at that tine.
 
Feb 17, 2017 1:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1728
Can't say I'm surprised this got axed tbh. Shame it got more interesting near the end with the introduction of this new character the one with the wind attribute (I don't know his name can't bother with it at this point). Bad luck, honestly if this was published earlier it might have still be running (obviously there's a 50/50 chance), because if we look at Black Clover, its very generic, and it does appeal to the demographic its aimed at, but it had luck. Well The promised neverland is a prime example that you don't need to be a battle manga to get the attention of people, plus jump needed another Death Note-like series, its not bad for them.
 
 
Feb 17, 2017 2:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 92
So that is the final for Demon's Plan ...

I felt that this chapter of Demon's Plan was the beginning of something interesting not an end, I am unhappy to see it go like as this series had a lot of potential to become a great series and for it to get axed with an ending that is just silly.

I believe that author would have a more stories to with Demon's Plan after this chapter as it was setting up an adventure with Boro, Eus and Salvia.

i will be Demon's Plan a 7/10 as i felt it was a good overall manga which a lot potential is becoming a great manga series.


 
Feb 17, 2017 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1592
Well not much to say here, axed. Wouldn't mind if it continued, but it really was just ok ...
 
Feb 17, 2017 9:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5814
Frostbytes said:
Tokoya said:
It's decided by popularity.....Plain and simple. The only difference here is that the editor has the power to change that, but as we can clearly see week after week, the popular ones (One Piece, Hero Academia and Black Clover are always in the front)

Eh, the storytelling wasn't bad imo and I can't blame any shounen series for using the standard tropes but unlike Black Clover that literally had every trope in the book and everything you can find from just about anything you can think of, this didn't even come close.....And I disagree about OP but I'm not gonna get into the overrated One Piece wank fest that's everywhere and got people blinded because even Naruto was better and more entertaining than One Piece was in their early stages

Yuuna is pretty much geenric ecchi shounen 101 tho so that goes against your argument here and the same can be said about Black Clover.....Either way, it's impossible for a series to "perform" in the kind of way you're talking about after only 10 chapters or less so unless you pander to the questionable tastes of the WSJ readers and as we've seen time and time again since Naruto ended, they LOVE their generic shounen


Well I will post this video too to further prove my point https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfOmLWA1p1Y but yes, popularity plays a chunk of the factor too.
That's highly debatable abt what's overrated but imo-

One Piece does a lot better telling the story
Abilities, powers and fights in general are more dynamic and more about the actual abilities of the fighters, in One Piece. (Compared to getting hit, to start bleeding, just to get stronger... While other characters are having some amazing abilities...)
The characters in One Piece are actually funny to watch, they feel unique and they influence each other, over the course of the journey
Etc.

I am not even a fan of OP but that was a lot better than this initial chap, but ofc that's opinion. However from the general reactions of reddit and all I think many people will agree with me.


Yes yuuna follows the standard harem policy, but every character is likeable, and being a harem mc this guy is refreshing for once. Love rush also came as a standard harem, but quickly got cancelled for the opposite reasons.


And yes it's possible to prove in 10 chap, neverland proved it both with both sales and rankings sooo yeah. And I already said why BC survived lol, because of its time of release where wsj can afford that even if it was not popular at that tine.
Objectively speaking, One Piece wasn't any of this until much after chapter 15 but I'm not gonna get into that

We can debate on Luffy's DF vs this (Both are pretty bland in their initial stages) but it's whatever
 
Feb 17, 2017 11:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 70
I can't believe there's an actual argument that One Piece was as bland as Demon's Plan in the first 10 chapters lol. One Piece was an instant hit in Japan and it's first ranking was in the top 3. And it didn't take long for it to dominate in the rankings. There's a reason why Demon's Plan couldn't come anywhere close to mimicking On Piece's success.

In the very first chapter of One Piece we get a good sense of what the world is like. Luffy has a clear, and interesting goal. And we are introduced to Shanks, who shows us how far Luffy is away from achieving said goal. Not only did Oda come into jump with likable characters and an intriguing plot, he also came with an extremely unique art style.

Demon's Plan's setting is almost none existent. It's just a generic world we know very little about and doesn't feel unique among other anime world's. Boro's goal of "living a happy life with Carlos" isn't interesting and adds nothing to his character. Naruto had his goal of bringing Sasuke back, but he still had his own goals that benefited him. Boro's entire life seems to just revolve around Carlos. Which begs the question. If Boro's is so morally good, what does Carlos need to do for him to not want to bring him back? I mean, Boro's has been seemed to be totally against killing multiple times. Yet he seem to have a different opinion about Carlos after finding out he murdered ppl in cold blood.

Demon's Plan isn't COMPLETE garbage, but it certainly isn't anything special. I really didn't it see it coming anything great among jump manga
 
 
Feb 17, 2017 2:58 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 37925
lulz at people salty about black clover... keep those tears coming...


________________________________________________________________

seeing it coming because the middle part was absolutly didn't pick my interest.. it does getting better with new guy, too bad it's too late...

well,at least it fun while it lasted... 6/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 18, 2017 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 840
I wouldn't care if it was axed after the 6th chapter. The sad thing is, this manga improved significantly from the 7th. Yes, there were a lot of cliche moments, almost rip-off situations from some very well known manga out there. But the story was getting better. The pace came down to an appropriate speed.

wsj got no chill...
 
Feb 19, 2017 4:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 121
Kuma said:
lulz at people salty about black clover... keep those tears coming...


________________________________________________________________

seeing it coming because the middle part was absolutly didn't pick my interest.. it does getting better with new guy, too bad it's too late...

well,at least it fun while it lasted... 6/10

I don't think ppl "tear up" when they ridicule a Manga. Lmao
Man, this chapter was actually cool. I keep re-reading it even after 2 days. :C
I'll give it a 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 19, 2017 4:52 AM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 37925
Saitama said:
Kuma said:
lulz at people salty about black clover... keep those tears coming...


________________________________________________________________

seeing it coming because the middle part was absolutly didn't pick my interest.. it does getting better with new guy, too bad it's too late...

well,at least it fun while it lasted... 6/10

I don't think ppl "tear up" when they ridicule a Manga. Lmao


they tear up because something they like is "axed" because something they dislike... look how much rage in this thread alone...

also black clover by no mean as generic as you people make it seems...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 19, 2017 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 121
Kuma said:
Saitama said:

I don't think ppl "tear up" when they ridicule a Manga. Lmao


they tear up because something they like is "axed" because something they dislike... look how much rage in this thread alone...

also black clover by no mean as generic as you people make it seems...

People are upset over Demon' plan being axed. Doesn't mean they give a fuck abt Black Gaylover. I'd be mad too if a Trashier manga survived and a Trash manga didn't, doesn't mean i'd be shedding tears over making fun of a series. Demon' plan was bad but it was still better than Black Gaylover LOL
At least Boro didn't wanna be the "Demon King" or was a untalented loser.
>P̶i̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶ Wizard King
>Fairy tail Magic
>Has that one thorn of a rival who is always better than the Mc
>SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>Ungifted MC who somehow gets the power to achieve his long time "Dream" by becoming the "CHOSEN ONE".
>Uglier version of Hinata and Kagayama
>Has a sword like most of the Mc's
>Nakama crap
Yeah.....it's not GENERIC nor a ripoff of most of the series. I apologize.
Only difference is Black Gaylover got lucky and Demon' plan didn't.
Modified by Eren, Feb 19, 2017 5:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 19, 2017 5:40 AM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 37925
Saitama said:
Kuma said:


they tear up because something they like is "axed" because something they dislike... look how much rage in this thread alone...

also black clover by no mean as generic as you people make it seems...

People are upset over Demon' plan being axed. Doesn't mean they give a fuck abt Black Gaylover. I'd be mad too if a Trashier manga survived and a Trash manga didn't, doesn't mean i'd be shedding tears over making fun of a series. Demon' plan was bad but it was still better than Black Gaylover LOL
At least Boro didn't wanna be the "Demon King" or was a untalented loser.

> he want to save his friends
> survival game that already left huge plot hole just in first chapter.. (i mean, they are immolrtal, the winner only decided when 1 people left but people just being recruited in this game, how this game even end, WTF?)
> didn't have certain purpose since the game sistem is vague as fuck (even shaman king, enigma and psyren doing better)

this kind of series already generic in WSJ to begin with and it deliver nothing special...

Saitama said:
At least Boro didn't wanna be the "Demon King" or was a untalented loser.
>P̶i̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶ Wizard King Hero number 1
>Fairy tail Magic world trigger super power
>Has that one thorn of a rival who is always better than the Mc
>SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>Ungifted MC who somehow gets the power to achieve his long time "Dream" by becoming the "CHOSEN ONE".
>Uglier version of Hinata and Kagayama goku and vegeta
>Has a swordfist and kick like most of the Mc's
>Nakama crap
Yeah.....it's not GENERIC nor a ripoff of most of the series. I apologize.
Only difference is BnHA got lucky and Demon' plan didn't.


holy shit, are you even read the manga? and just jump on the hate train? fucking lolz...

also again, i am asking what so generic about black clover... not BnHA...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 19, 2017 5:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 121
Kuma said:
Saitama said:

People are upset over Demon' plan being axed. Doesn't mean they give a fuck abt Black Gaylover. I'd be mad too if a Trashier manga survived and a Trash manga didn't, doesn't mean i'd be shedding tears over making fun of a series. Demon' plan was bad but it was still better than Black Gaylover LOL
At least Boro didn't wanna be the "Demon King" or was a untalented loser.

> he want to save his friends
> survival game that already left huge plot hole just in first chapter.. (i mean, they are immolrtal, the winner only decided when 1 people left but people just being recruited in this game, how this game even end, WTF?)
> didn't have certain purpose since the game sistem is vague as fuck (even shaman king, enigma and psyren doing better)

this kind of series already generic in WSJ to begin with and it deliver nothing special...

Saitama said:
At least Boro didn't wanna be the "Demon King" or was a untalented loser.
>P̶i̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶ Wizard King Hero number 1
>Fairy tail Magic world trigger super power
>Has that one thorn of a rival who is always better than the Mc
>SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>Ungifted MC who somehow gets the power to achieve his long time "Dream" by becoming the "CHOSEN ONE".
>Uglier version of Hinata and Kagayama goku and vegeta
>Has a swordfist and kick like most of the Mc's
>Nakama crap
Yeah.....it's not GENERIC nor a ripoff of most of the series. I apologize.
Only difference is BnHA got lucky and Demon' plan didn't.


holy shit, are you even read the manga? and just jump on the hate train? fucking lolz...

also again, i am asking what so generic about black clover... not BnHA...


I should be asking you that. Black Gaylover is basically Naruto meets Fairy Tail w/ Haikyuu characters and the most Generic plot. I could name 3 or less popular anime w/ Death Match tier setting and I could name 20+ anime w/ Black clovers setting. Again, I never said Demon' plan was good to begin with LOL but the hard fact is, it was better than Black Gaylover. Luck helped Gaylover, while it didn't help Demon' plan, not to mention it was literally the author' first manga while Gaylover' author already had prior experience with Hungry joker.
and as for the "Are you EVEN read the manga" part........What part of that was wrong? >Asta was a powerless loser who magically became the chosen one to get the "Book". (Naruto setting right there)
>His book turns into a sword (every fantasy anime out there)
>Some fag named Yuno who has always been better than Asta is somehow selected to get his own book and is deemed talented. (Every generic rival whose dick the MC wants soo badly)
>Magic (Fairy tail)
>Wizard king (Fairy tail x One Piece)
>Nakama crap. (Every shonen out there)
If that ain't spot on, I D K what is. Fucking Lolz
I D C if you wanna bash Demon' plan or BNHA, go right ahead, be my guest. But Idk what part of Black Gaylover isn't >Generic to you. LOOOOL
It had the SAME ripoff setting in IT'S first 10 chapters as Naruto/Fairy Tail/ One Piece/Most of the anime but it still managed w/ luck while being 100% TRASH.
Modified by Eren, Feb 19, 2017 6:02 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
 
Feb 19, 2017 6:13 AM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 37925
Saitama said:
Kuma said:

> he want to save his friends
> survival game that already left huge plot hole just in first chapter.. (i mean, they are immolrtal, the winner only decided when 1 people left but people just being recruited in this game, how this game even end, WTF?)
> didn't have certain purpose since the game sistem is vague as fuck (even shaman king, enigma and psyren doing better)

this kind of series already generic in WSJ to begin with and it deliver nothing special...



holy shit, are you even read the manga? and just jump on the hate train? fucking lolz...

also again, i am asking what so generic about black clover... not BnHA...


I should be asking you that. Black Gaylover is basically Naruto meets Fairy Tail w/ Haikyuu characters and the most Generic plot. I could name 3 or less popular anime w/ Death Match tier setting and I could name 20+ anime w/ Black clovers setting. Again, I never said Demon' plan was good to begin with LOL but the hard fact is, it was better than Black Gaylover. Luck helped Gaylover, while it didn't help Demon' plan.
and as for the "Are you EVEN read the manga" part........What part was that was wrong?
>His book turns into a sword
>Some fag named Yuno who has always been better than Asta is somehow selected to get his own book and is deemed talented.
>Magic
>Wizard king
<Nakama crap.
If that ain't spot on, I D K what is. Fucking Lolz


you are wrong in everything... the trope they used already older than series you mention...
if you can bear spoiler....



Saitama said:
If that ain't spot on, I D K what is. Fucking Lolz


because it ignorance and prejudice... no surprise coming from you..

Saitama said:
I D C if you wanna bash Demon' plan or BNHA, go right ahead, be my guest. But Idk what part of Black Gaylover isn't >Generic to you. LOOOOL
It had the SAME ripoff setting in IT'S first 10 chapters as Naruto/Fairy Tail/ One Piece/Most of the anime but it still managed w/ luck while being 100% TRASH.


you saying ripp-off because you didn't know anything about it... the trope used older than those series you mentioned and you are nitpcing about it and being ignorance about it... lets take a look at my post above, everything is generic, if you nitpicking enough...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 21, 2017 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1410
Cleaned thread from off-topic chatter and baiting.
 
Feb 19, 2020 1:41 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 3172
Oh wow, I enjoyed reading this for the most part. It was quite cliche but the art really made up for it.