Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 15, 10:39 PM
How did Kurisu took Okabe back to Steins Gate worldline exactly? Was Okabe indeed in the R worldline where he was alone in the last scene?
Was Kurisu whom took Okabe a real Kurisu afterall, or was she just an Okabe's imagination or what?
And why the people around them just popped up by themselves?

Yes, I read some forum discussion about this, but still, I can't figured it out yet.

Feb 16, 10:03 AM

By movie logic, Okabe's Reading Steiner, because of the numerous time travels he did in the past, was starting to "overflow" into other near worldlines. The problem was he started getting too many flashbacks and panic attacks and with that he lost the ability to differentiate between reality and dreams, as his mind making tricks on him. That somehow made him jump between another R worldline that is close to Steins Gate but it's unstable and not real. For Okabe, every worldline he travelled to in the past in the goal to reach Steins Gate, was the same, filled with the same certain feel of death and horror and his past failed attempts still haunted him.
The Kurisu that saved him was the real one, yes. The idea was to give Okabe a meaningful long-lasting memory (first kiss) that exists only on one specific worldline, that is Steins Gate. Having that memory now Okabe can always differentiate between the other worldlines, knowing he is in the right one, because it's the only one where that kiss happened and thus stopped his mind from questioning the surrounding reality.

Note that the movie isn't considered canon, so a lot of stuff doesn't make much sense. There are numerous contradictions with the original anime and VN, most notably the time travel mechanics and actual Okabe's first kiss being with Mayuri (as a joke). The purpose of the Movie is more of a story for the fans, further developing the love between Kurisu and Okabe. You may call it fanservice or money-grab if you want, but you shouldn't treat is as something that actually happened canonically. Just enjoy the ride and feels. :)
Modified by Aquamirror, Feb 16, 10:07 AM

Feb 16, 1:41 PM

Just as Aquamirror said, movie is not canon and it ruines the time travel logic of the show. In S;G only 1 World Line is active so they failed movie logic in the moment when they invented R world line.

Okabe is not jumping to parallel universes, when WL is changed the whole world is rebuilding itself and people memories but Okabe has ability to save his memory in that process. This is one the main mechanics of time travel in this show. The movie is nice, but don't even try to explain or understand how they did that because there is no way to do that because of plotholes of the movie. Canon S;G ends on episode 24. And there is canon "midequel" Steins;Gate Zero of cource, anime adaptation confirmed.
Modified by HoTTab1CH, Feb 16, 1:46 PM

Feb 16, 10:17 PM
Yeah I think I get it about how and why Okabe dissapear, because he was time leaping too much thus making his mind can't tell the difference about the current timeline and the others.

My questions is, in the last scene, was Kurisu "literally" visits Okabe in the R worldine and then she brings him back to the "new" Steins Gate worldline? (I recently had learned that after Kurisu kissed Okabe in 2005, it resulted in the universe creating a new reality and also a new past for Okabe). If it's that so, how did she do it?

Or, was Okabe the one who actually return to the new Steins Gate worldine by himself (caused by Okabe's first kiss in 2005, thus gaining a strong memory that can bring his existency back) and Kurisu accidentaly and finally meet him in the middle of the street? If it's that so, I think the moment where Okabe was alone and then the people around him suddenly visible, was just a parable for us to easily understand what is going on. Right?

Feb 17, 7:16 AM

I think the end is more of a symbolic one and not a literal representation of what actually happened. You can interpret it as Okabe finding himself and slowly regaining his consciousness into the true world and Kurisu meeting him again and staying together for the future, as both already experienced what is to save the other one by altering the past and living in a struggle without each other.
Modified by Aquamirror, Feb 17, 7:20 AM

Feb 17, 5:54 PM
Exactly, that's what I want to say. "symbolic". So that Kurisu isn't the real Kurisu right?

Jul 3, 11:56 PM
I think the end is more of a symbolic one and not a literal representation of what actually happened. You can interpret it as Okabe finding himself and slowly regaining his consciousness into the true world and Kurisu meeting him again and staying together for the future, as both already experienced what is to save the other one by altering the past and living in a struggle without each other.[/quote]

so the whole grave scene isn't cannon right ,if so how did the original okabe put on the kyouma personality and the first kiss was with Moeka though isn't it?dont remember okabe mentioning about kissing mayuri...

Jul 4, 9:46 AM

bakakisima said:
dont remember okabe mentioning about kissing mayuri...

It's in the VN.
If you are refering to the grave scene with Mayuri in the original anime, that is canon of course and it's true Mayuri is the reason he continued with the Kyouma act and the lab itself.

Jul 4, 9:52 AM
It's in the VN.
If you are refering to the grave scene with Mayuri in the original anime, that is canon of course and Mayuri is the reason he continued with the Kyouma act and the lab itself.[/quote]
No i mean kurisu giving that pep talk ,the kiss,& giving him the kyouma personality isnt cannon right?? Though how did okabe develop that personality in the main storyline??

Jul 4, 10:07 AM

bakakisima said:

No i mean kurisu giving that pep talk ,the kiss,& giving him the kyouma personality isnt cannon right?? Though how did okabe develop that personality in the main storyline??

He was just acting like that for fun in high school, after Mayuri's problems with her grandma he said the ridiculous "you are my hostage now" which actually gave Mayuri strenght and a reason to live because at that time she was basically on the edge of suicide. After that he creates the lab where they hang together and he acts as a big support to her, even after time passed he still keeps that act because he realises how precious and important is to her and is afraid if he stops doing it she might fall in depression again and dosn't want to lose their bond. You could say even some of her strange acts are also on purpose. There's the other side that he himself is a very fragile and shy person, and acting as Kyouma gives him courage to overcome his own problems so after all they are both helping each other, that's why Mayuri is so important to him.

But I don't think even in the movie Kurisu strictly "gives" him that personality, she just reinforces him to never lose it and creates that special moment, that, by movie logic, should differentiate that "correct" world line from the rest.

Jul 4, 10:42 AM
Oh thanks for the explanation aquamirror