Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 15, 2017 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
I watched the anime only but I'm confused with what he is. I don't think the english subs are doing the anime justice. I finished the anime and am rewatching it right now and I still don't get exactly what he is. Is he an "enhanced human" as they say or is he created from DNA scratch or something. Because when he was arguing with the butler in FLT after he dropped off the flying magic sequence, they said he was "created" by his mother but I don't get what that means. By the way, what is an enhanced human? Did they alter the DNA or something so they have stored sequences within the functions of their brain so they don't need a CAD? Because that's what Tatsuya can do, right? This is confusing.
Feb 15, 2017 6:54 PM
Jan 2015
That scene refers to this..

Hope this helps.
-MahesvaraFeb 15, 2017 6:59 PM
My Queens

Feb 18, 2017 8:46 PM

Mar 2016
-Mahesvara said:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for explaining. Is this all in the light novels?
Feb 18, 2017 9:03 PM
Jan 2015
Takishima_Eli said:
-Mahesvara said:

Hope this helps.

Yeah, its all explained in the LN's.
My Queens

Feb 25, 2017 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
He is the ultimate Gary Stu who's emotions have been mostly sealed but is still a prodigal genius and the perfect fighter at everything except practical magic and taijutsu (or whatever his master trumps him at). He wins every fight with no effort, makes gigantic technological innovations in an afternoon, and is so broken that he makes Mega Rayquaza from Pokémon ORAS and Meta Knight front brawl look balanced...at least in the anime. I have not read the LN, and the other person in the thread probably put it best, so I'll leave they there and not jump into territory that I don't understand. I've heard plenty of times that the anime doesn't do the LN any sense of justice anyway.
Feb 25, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
He is the ultimate Gary Stu who's emotions have been mostly sealed but is still a prodigal genius and the perfect fighter at everything except practical magic and taijutsu (or whatever his master trumps him at). He wins every fight with no effort, makes gigantic technological innovations in an afternoon, and is so broken that he makes Mega Rayquaza from Pokémon ORAS and Meta Knight front brawl look balanced...at least in the anime. I have not read the LN, and the other person in the thread probably put it best, so I'll leave they there and not jump into territory that I don't understand. I've heard plenty of times that the anime doesn't do the LN any sense of justice anyway.

yeah I heard a lot that the LN is better than the anime too. I want to read it but I have yet to find a cheap english copy in the series or at least a decently priced new one...
Feb 25, 2017 1:30 PM

Apr 2016
Takishima_Eli said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

yeah I heard a lot that the LN is better than the anime too. I want to read it but I have yet to find a cheap english copy in the series or at least a decently priced new one...
Well, we'll just have to keep on knowing that the anime doesn't do a good job at adapting apparently good material.
Feb 25, 2017 9:11 PM
Oct 2012
Takishima_Eli said:
I watched the anime only but I'm confused with what he is. I don't think the english subs are doing the anime justice. I finished the anime and am rewatching it right now and I still don't get exactly what he is.

No real secret: Shiba = Shiva

All the characters are based on Hindu mythology. The setting is roughly 13th century with the western hemisphere added. Of course the writer has taken this and added his own spin to it, but this is the foundation from which the writer based his story.
Jul 6, 2020 4:55 AM
Jul 2020
[quote=-Mahesvara message=49687544]That scene refers to this..

Hope this helps.[/quo
-Mahesvara said:
Takishima_Eli said:

Yeah, its all explained in the LN's.

Are the feelings of Tatsuya can be get back??
Jul 6, 2020 5:28 AM
Jan 2015
@SayakSensei01 with only 1 volume left to release before the end of the series, its pretty unlikely.
My Queens

Jul 15, 2020 9:57 AM
Apr 2018
Shiva, the God of Creation and Destruction.

So he's like Dragon Ball Super's Kaioushin and Hakaishin at the same time.
Aug 10, 2020 7:27 PM
Dec 2019
CodeBlazeFate said:
Takishima_Eli said:

Well, we'll just have to keep on knowing that the anime doesn't do a good job at adapting apparently good material.

There's actually an official youtube video explaining the world of mahouka here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsV4zDTOfE&t=1s

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.