Forum Settings
Forums

How do you deal with the fact that we are all going to die one day?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2019 7:31 PM

Mar 2014
When I think about death, this song is always on my mind. It is something that will be played at my funeral in the (hopefully) far future.

“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Apr 23, 2019 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
It is a fact and one that is undeniable and inevitable. There's no point in "dealing with the fact". Waste of energy.

It's better to think about what you will do with this life than think about the end of it. And if you feel there is nothing you can do with this life, then death shouldn't seem too bad so once again, you don't "deal with the fact". You accept it based on circumstance.

As for me, I think more on how painless I want it to be rather than moping around crying about when it will happen. It'll come sooner than most cuz of health complications and well overall increased mortality. I'd rather it happen so I feel limited pain rather than succumb to those debalitating effects. So the time between consciousness and that deep dark void is as infinitesimally small as it can get.
Apr 23, 2019 10:48 PM

Jul 2015
Dildry said:
Railey2 said:
@_kai we do it like this:

We rationalize and lie to ourselves so we can feel better about it, even though there's nothing good about it.

What happens when you put an animal into a box and administer electro shocks indiscriminately? At first it will try to escape, but when it can't escape it'll just lie down and give up. Learned helplessness.
Yeah, I guess its okay that we die..

Except it's not. If we could choose to live in a world where we could forever live uninhibited and freely choose when to die, we'd all take it. Unless you're already so far gone that you're like the animal in the cage. You won't even get up when someone leaves the door to the cage open.

Yes but old age inhibits people. To the point they arent living life anymore.
yes, but that's the problem isn't it? The seemingly unstoppable wasting away of your body and mind is the electroshock that gets administered, so we lie down and take it. Some people even go so far as to argue that this is a good thing.
Except it's not, and neither is it unstoppable, because aging is really just another biological problem although an order of magnitude more complicated than anything else. But when has that ever stopped us before?

Living forever as a cripple isn't the goal.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Apr 24, 2019 12:28 AM

Dec 2018
Spiritualism, things that are greater than me, acceptance of life and death, admiration of nature, healthy, honorable and loyal living.

With allies like that, life becomes that little bit more bearable.
Apr 30, 2019 8:55 PM
Apr 2019
Well I just hope I can complete my bucket list before I cark it. Hopefully with few or no regrets. And hopefully have done the right thing spiritually morally in case judgement day is real. Other than that I don't care. I'd know it would hit my family hard though that's the only depressing part.

I just try to be a better person all the time and try to be more spiritual and transcend things I don't really need once you reach higher spiritual consciousness.
DuckUsernamesApr 30, 2019 8:59 PM
May 15, 2019 5:23 AM
May 2019
I don't care about my death, nor am i scared of it, but i get sad knowing that my future family and other loved ones will feel sad when i die.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you?

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

18 by FFandMMfan »»
24 minutes ago

» What age range do you find the most physically attractive?

Ejrodiew - Apr 11

25 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

33 by zoeanime13 »»
1 hour ago

» Has the internet been taking away our free speech?

purple_rayn - Apr 13

35 by PeripheralVision »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Which decade was the worst? ( 1 2 )

H-A-M-M-Y - Mar 27

68 by Sciadopitys »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.