Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much a battle decided by fate.

Eh I had mixed thoughts on the fight. I wasn't really invested into the gimmicky card battle but the part when Masaru used his signature attack felt slightly more exciting. Seems like they gave Masaru some characterization especially in regards to him and his sister.

Feb 14, 2017 10:57 AM

May 2016

Is he attacking with cards or light novels? that title...
Feb 14, 2017 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
What a boring fight. The CG was terrible. Riri was very annoying. I find her character laughable. I could care less about her feelings for her brother. Koyori not talking is irritating, but at least she was a bit helpful in the fight.
Feb 14, 2017 11:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
BlackstarFallen said:
What a boring fight. The CG was terrible. Riri was very annoying. I find her character laughable. I could care less about her feelings for her brother. Koyori not talking is irritating, but at least she was a bit helpful in the fight.
Agreed

Honestly, I'm sick of Japan forcing this incest bullshit.....Way to ruin Riri for me GoHands, good job
Feb 14, 2017 11:29 AM

Feb 2008
Can someone tell me what that paper was supposed to be at the end since CR or whatever HS ripped didn't translate it? The show was hinting that things got better for their parents so it can't be divorce papers.

Other than that, pretty stupid episode with the whole incest shit. At least most of it was battle so the episode flied by fast.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 14, 2017 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
Soon they will need to face the greatest Hand Shakers of all.
Feb 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
That was... something else. Why am watching this? Koyori is cute I guess. Why can't Koyori develop some sort of power already? ? She's like Tazuna's pet (」°ロ°)」
blixieFeb 18, 2017 7:11 PM

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Feb 14, 2017 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
I just... don't understand.. how a show can be THIS terrible. I don't get it. The fire and explosion FX looked like drag-and-drop presets, the characters are a cliché-dump, the fighting choreographies are utter garbage and the overall cinematography a bloody mess..... This really is the 2nd coming of Big Order. Hallelujah.
Feb 14, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
The fight didn't feel as good as it could've been honestly.

The buildings in the background was the only well detailed part of the entire fight. The cgi chains made an un-welcome return, along with that horrible claw and fire animation that looked like a small paper fire that was zoomed up very close.

Thankfully the ost during the fight was surprisingly decent.

Next episode looks to be more focused on slice-of-life with a school festival. I'm hoping it'll be better than the main plot-driven episodes so far...
Feb 14, 2017 2:11 PM
Sep 2015
I'M REALLY HATING THIS SHIT!!!
Feb 14, 2017 2:11 PM
Sep 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Can someone tell me what that paper was supposed to be at the end since CR or whatever HS ripped didn't translate it?

I can't say for certain, but it looks a LOT like a Family Register (google it and take a look at the image returns). As to exactly what that means... either we find out next episode or it will be left to our imaginations (unless someone actually takes the time to translate it).
Feb 14, 2017 2:14 PM

Aug 2015
An episode full of fights.

Riri and Masaru have the same feeling of love for each other. This forbidden love is so beautiful! They are so much in love that they want to kill Tazuna and Koyori. I have tears in my eyes. TT__TT

I confess that I was shocked to see Tazuna rush to Masaru without pity. Would he not have the least pity for this child?

Riri's past is sad because her parents don't seem to get along and she must always take care of her little brother who refuses to go to school. She is awkward but very considerate and anxious. She also has big breasts;

Reciprocally, Masaru is like Riri.

The next episode promises to be excellent with the festival and the carnival. Koyori will cook us a good meal, I wonder what? I can't wait to see it. :D
I hope we will also have fan service ecchi. (Miracle, there was none in this episode! :/)

1/5
TuyNOMFeb 14, 2017 2:23 PM
Feb 14, 2017 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
I thought it was a pretty good battle and I liked the music.

I would like to see Koyori use some powers soon in the upcoming fights, Tazana can't keep doing everything on his own.
Feb 14, 2017 3:08 PM

Sep 2015
This episode definitely hurt my eyes with the transitions and cut scenes. Anime is halfway done with and it seems like it won't be able to save itself...
KittyFireClawsFeb 14, 2017 3:29 PM
And if you're ever feeling lonely just look at the moon, someone, somewhere is looking right at it too.
Feb 14, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2015
8lacKy said:
I just... don't understand.. how a show can be THIS terrible. I don't get it. The fire and explosion FX looked like drag-and-drop presets, the characters are a cliché-dump, the fighting choreographies are utter garbage and the overall cinematography a bloody mess..... This really is the 2nd coming of Big Order. Hallelujah.

The reason I watched Big Order all the way through was to laugh at it jumping the shark every 5 seconds. This is not funny. It started off hilariously bad, now it's just plain bad.
Feb 14, 2017 5:05 PM

May 2015
So much cringe in this episode....

Feb 14, 2017 5:27 PM

Jul 2014
Lilyncest continues, at least she has big boobs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 14, 2017 6:10 PM

Sep 2015
So they aren't related right? because of that one flashback that got cut off.
Feb 14, 2017 8:07 PM
Jun 2016
AvidAnimeViewer said:
😂😂👌 may be needed if this show gets boring.
Feb 14, 2017 9:15 PM

Jan 2015
Aahh, the sibling in love. No wonder.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 14, 2017 9:19 PM
Aug 2016
I never get how Tazuna seems to never display any worry or mind to the fact that if he messes up Koyori is dead like man at least get a little mad for her sake.
Feb 14, 2017 9:19 PM

Dec 2016
The action was a bit better this time I guess, but I would love to know how they survived getting smashed through that building by the giant hand. This MC literally tanks hit after fucking hit and nothing ever harms him, then the enemy gets hit by his gear sword thing once and loses. How the fuck. It makes no sense.

Plus this guy is just ruining the dreams of people for no reason what so ever. He has no wish. He is just crushing other people's. What a prick how could anyone like him?

And holy shit the useless Koyori actually helped him out a miniscule amount this time! Step up from getting in the way every other time and doing jack shit. This anime would be the worst of the season if not for Spiritpact.
Feb 14, 2017 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
While its not that good, the show is not THAT bad
Feb 14, 2017 10:45 PM

Apr 2009
Hinata said:

Most likely. Kinda like... dodging the whole incest bullet at the last second? LOL.

As for the episode itself... I think it wasn't so bad overall.. Things are a bit better, but the show still has too many rooms for improvement and I wish the makers focus more on quality control on things outside of just shiny graphics.

At least, by some weird miracle, the class president Lily's jugs seem to bounce faaaaar less in this episode. Truly a miracle, if you ask me.

Lucsol said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:
😂😂👌 may be needed if this show gets boring.

The final boss on the last episode? Mmm, I can smell an epic finale... or even a cliff hanger, lol.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Feb 14, 2017 11:05 PM

Oct 2011
koyori hwlped out Tazuna. That ending with the paper? ?
Festival time. So a break from the battles then
Feb 15, 2017 1:10 AM
Jun 2016
Reverberate said:
So much cringe in this episode....

There's no incest. Lily and Masaru are not blood related.
Feb 15, 2017 1:11 AM
Jun 2016
Hinata said:

Go back to the episode just before the preview. There's a document on the table Showing Masaru is actually adopt by Lily family
Feb 15, 2017 1:16 AM

Sep 2016
Hinata said:
yeah that's how japan went full pussy with the incest theme "BUT NOT RELATED!"
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 15, 2017 1:33 AM
Jun 2016
A fantastic episode.
Showing why Lily and Masaru want to be a hand shakers in the first place. Just like Masaru is like me and my older brother is like Lily (Except the boobs part). I always get yell by my parents because of school and brother got straight A++ for everything Huh...

We also learn there's no incest involve between Masaru and Lily as there are not blood related. If you saw at the end of the episode, there is a document on the table for Masaru saying that he is actually adopted by Lily family. therefore they are blood related...

Now Koyori is taking the lead in battle as she memorize the move of Masaru as like Tazuna say in the last episode she is a fast learner. Hence, she take the lead of the battle and Tazuna obtain a new weapon of choice which is a gear arm. At last Team cards are out of the battle. Tazuna is still thinking about who is Koyori as he always thought that she was his sister but the guy in the previous episode say that she is not his sister. So who is Koyori??

It seems that in the next episode Break and Bind are coming back. Hopefully we get to know their real names and a reason why they want to be a hand shakers.
Feb 15, 2017 2:24 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
TuyNOM said:
An episode full of fights.

Riri and Masaru have the same feeling of love for each other. This forbidden love is so beautiful! They are so much in love that they want to kill Tazuna and Koyori. I have tears in my eyes. TT__TT

I confess that I was shocked to see Tazuna rush to Masaru without pity. Would he not have the least pity for this child?

Riri's past is sad because her parents don't seem to get along and she must always take care of her little brother who refuses to go to school. She is awkward but very considerate and anxious. She also has big breasts;

Reciprocally, Masaru is like Riri.

The next episode promises to be excellent with the festival and the carnival. Koyori will cook us a good meal, I wonder what? I can't wait to see it. :D
I hope we will also have fan service ecchi. (Miracle, there was none in this episode! :/)

1/5

1/5 are you serious??

Of course I'm serious. I'm still serious. xD

The fight was very bad, the explosions were horrible, the CGI make me want to vomit ... If they want quality CGI, they can call Ufotable.

The story between Riri and Masaru is a huge twist because there was no evidence of this type of relationship. And as if by chance they aren't of the same family. (OreImo like xD)

In addition I still can't understand why the characters confront each other. What purpose? :o
Feb 15, 2017 2:31 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

1/5 are you serious??

The fight was very bad, the explosions were horrible, the CGI make me want to vomit ... If they want quality CGI, they can call Ufotable.

The story between Riri and Masaru is a huge twist because there was no evidence of this type of relationship. And as if by chance they aren't of the same family. (OreImo like xD)

In addition I still can't understand why the characters confront each other. What purpose? :o

GOOD ANIMATION =/= GOOD ANIM
There's no incest. If you watch past the ending credit there's a document on the table saying that Masaru was adopted by Lily family.
Feb 15, 2017 2:36 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
TuyNOM said:

There's no incest. If you watch past the ending credit there's a document on the table saying that Masaru was adopted by Lily family.

I understood, that's why I mentioned OreImo.
Feb 15, 2017 2:41 AM

Jun 2013
too much cringe for me
Feb 15, 2017 2:50 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

So there are ok to be in love.
Feb 15, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
TuyNOM said:

Masaru is in primary school so he hasn't reached the sexual majority. Do you find that relationship acceptable? o_0
Feb 15, 2017 4:10 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

Masaru is in primary school so he hasn't reached the sexual majority. Do you find that relationship acceptable? o_0

They can start out slow is not like Kuzu no honkai
Feb 15, 2017 4:37 AM
Jan 2016
Why can't this anime stop being so horrible. Its so fucking bad every episode is shit. The only guy that is still defending this is that 88 expert dumbass.
Feb 15, 2017 5:12 AM
Jun 2016
SEA-MASTER said:
Why can't this anime stop being so horrible. Its so fucking bad every episode is shit. The only guy that is still defending this is that 88 expert dumbass.

Your not even watching it anymore. So you can't say shit
Feb 15, 2017 5:13 AM

Oct 2016
I can't stop cringing at lily and the CGI. Also, why can't Tazuna just tell them that Koyori will die if they lose, so they will stop wanting to fight?
Feb 15, 2017 6:58 AM

May 2013
Nice, Nippon level pedo pseudo-incest is exactly what this atrocity was missing. Can't wait for what they'll try to cram in next :)

Feb 15, 2017 7:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
88expert said:
Tokoya said:
Agreed

Honestly, I'm sick of Japan forcing this incest bullshit.....Way to ruin Riri for me GoHands, good job

but is not incest. Masaru has been adopted by Lily parents
I don't remember this being stated
Feb 15, 2017 7:44 AM

Aug 2014
One of these days Koyori will talk, but it is not this day. Seriously though, make her say something at least
Get your shit straight Brenda
Feb 15, 2017 7:51 AM
Jun 2016
Tokoya said:
88expert said:

but is not incest. Masaru has been adopted by Lily parents

At the end of the episode after the ending credits. There's a paper on the table is not translated but is an adoption document.
Feb 15, 2017 9:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
88expert said:
Tokoya said:

At the end of the episode after the ending credits. There's a paper on the table is not translated but is an adoption document.
Smh......Now they're trying to justify this shit -_-
Feb 15, 2017 2:03 PM

Sep 2015
When will I get actual incest? And no, I don't like incest, but I hate the whole "we're not really siblings lololololol" cliche, because it kills all the moral conflict. I'm disappointed.

You just lost the game
Feb 15, 2017 3:29 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode
The episode's main focus was still on Tezuna and Koyori's fight with Lily and her brother Masaru. As expected Masaru's abilities and nimrod is centered around the use of cards and im glad that the battle actually took place in a alternate world as his attacks have high levels of AOE in them. The battle itself was interesting in that it plays out more than a card game than anything else with the first half being skirmish based followed by a more direct confrontation in the later stages. Here the visuals for this anime really shine. This battle was a rather sad one as neither side wanted to fight but both had wishes in which they wanted fulfilled.

The second focus is Lily's childhood and her relationship and bond with her brother. Lily had quite the unhappy family and childhood eh. Her father was such a heartless jerk and because of this her mother developed mental issues that also caused Masaru to become distant. Still it was interesting to see that Lily cared a great deal about her brother and Masaru for his part did care about his sister as well. The bond that they had become pretty strong and acted as the motivation for him when he become a hand shaker. Lily's determination to be with Masaru and protect him was nice to see.

The bond between Koyori and Tezuna also become stronger this episode as though he was still affected by the words that were said to him by that weird guy Tezuna was able to admit to Koyori that though he did see traces of his deceased sister in her Koyori is not her and that she is herself and as a result he would protect her. This i felt was quite nice to see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2017 4:05 PM
Jun 2016
Tokoya said:
88expert said:

Smh......Now they're trying to justify this shit -_-

In Japan they don't need to translate shit
Feb 15, 2017 4:29 PM

Sep 2014
Ventris said:
Nice, Nippon level pedo pseudo-incest is exactly what this atrocity was missing. Can't wait for what they'll try to cram in next :)

Perfect description for this episode.
Feb 15, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2009
Well, at least next episode has something to look forward
Feb 16, 2017 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
Oh lol so now they can actually date because they're not related after all? Honestly, I dislike incest and avoid watching anime with it but it seems like I'm not the only one who thought the "not-incest-after-all" was kind of a weak move by the writers. This is a first where incest not happening has disappointed me. Good job, Hand Shakers.
allo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.