Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2017 8:32 AM

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That sex scene was awful. It felt like a mother/son sex scene and I hated it. I really didn't like their whole relationship. It seemed like she was just manipulating him the whole time and he fell right into her hands.
Mar 22, 2017 1:10 PM

Dec 2015
The power of hormones on overconfident teenagers.
A great story about a summer transition to adulthood for a group of friends, served by a sometimes exagerratedly dramatic music, theatrical expressions and direction. The drawings have a weird proportions between the heads and their thin limbs.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 7/10
Apr 7, 2019 1:46 PM

Jun 2013
Considering the time of this movie and its proposal, I think it was very well done. A tragic story of maturing in best shoujo style.
Nov 6, 2019 6:42 PM

Aug 2015
this is pretty good. theme of transience, with the passing of seasons associated with the change from boys to adults via sexuality, and the longing to return to the passed state of innocence; transience also in Marion's love affair with Sarah, lasting only until the count returns to the mansion.

the best part was the straight shota rape, of course. Turns out Marion forcefully needed the V to start liking himself and other people lol Damn, that was hot

this is the most memetastic straight shota I've ever seen
this kid is begone thot incarnate

then the sophistry this lady uses to justify raping shota-kun
this was amazing

the best part is when the count comes back to find Sarah had sex with Marion, and his response is "good"
what an absolute mad lad

considering the time period in which this was made and the time period and nation depicted (Belle Epoque France) the handling of Claude was also pretty good, since Marion has the bigness of heart to see past sex and gender, though after Claude kills himself after being rejected in a kind of similarly rapey moment.
Jul 9, 2021 12:54 PM

Mar 2007
This was the most hilarious thing I've seen in years.
Oct 1, 2021 5:44 PM

Sep 2012
I was not prepared for a tragedy of this magnitude. Nobody told me this was literally on par with Rome and Juliet as a literary romantic tragedy. Somebody please teach this shit in high school english class instead of Shakespeare.
Jul 22, 2022 2:20 AM

Aug 2017
Not sure whether the reveal that Marion survived is better for the tragic story, but nevertheless a very good artistic piece. A bit more fleshing out of Claude (his love was hinted at and foreshadowed, unlike what exagerrated negative reviews say, but I'd like more of him still) and Lind would be good, but otherwise I'm satisfied with the drama.

P.S. The director uses this white piece of cloth..? to introduce character names, he'll also use it later in Haguregumo. Bizarre.
St0rmbladeJul 22, 2022 2:46 AM
Apr 30, 2023 9:28 PM
Nov 2018
so many strong emotions in such a short amount of time:
marion being groomed into "becomig a man"
the resentment lind and jacques both felt over this, probably they disliked the idea of losing to marion in that regard, who by that point already had the affection of ledania, something they both were after
the guilt claude felt over his homosexual attraction to marion and how devastated he felt over his rejection
the death of claude 
the shock lind felt after finding the count didnt give a shit about his whore fucking around with little boys

it feels like their friendship was anything but that, more like a relation for the sake of appearances in the case of jacques and lind, but hoping to benefit from marion popularity, and claude wanting to get close marion in order to satisfy his sexual cravings.

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.