Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2017 6:43 AM

Jun 2016
the anime industry get their profits from views/popularity/sales/merch/etc. thus, an anime, as long as it is popular, (no matter how generic or bad it is), will be considered a commercially-successfull anime series.

but what makes certain anime series popular ? quality ? that is certainly not the case, since there are lots and lots of bad anime shows that are immensely popular. (and lots of good-to-great amazing anime series that are not even well known)

what are your thoughts on this ? you can also share your opinion of a certain series, that is not popular,but quality-wise is amazing af .let me know guys :)
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Feb 12, 2017 6:47 AM

Oct 2013
Would assume luck and good timing are the factors here
Feb 12, 2017 6:47 AM

Feb 2013
High ratings on TV and the number of anime goods they sell.
It's also influenced by the popularity of the manga it's adapted from.
Feb 12, 2017 6:56 AM

Jun 2016
Ulquiorra said:

that's actually the only reason i could think of (so far) on why an anime series could be popular.

when a manga series or a light novel is popular, fans of those original source material will get hyped, follow and watch the anime adaptation. these huge fuss will attract more viewers, and those (new) viewers will spread the word,and so on,and so on

but then.... if that's the case. how about original anime series that doesnt have a source material ? .

Feb 12, 2017 6:56 AM

Feb 2017
Well, an anime that is high in quality (in several areas of its theme, so like all of them) will be recognized by the majority of people. There may be a alternative minority that do not really see what the big deal is about that *said* series, but for the most part, it is highly recognizable by the higher faction of the viewers/fans, etc.

For me, personally, I think what makes an anime a good seller is when it has something unique to one of its five main rating areas. Something about the series that divides it into its own separate category that can't really be said for many other series, including the ones that try to their their ideas and inspirations from it, whatever it may be.

We all know what an average/bad anime looks like, based on its mundane quality. Nothing sparks any feels about it. The characters aren't really special in any noticeable way. It just seems overly bland in every compartment of its story, characters, and so forth.

These would be my reasons for what I think makes an anime popular.

1.) It's animation and/or plot. (Doesn't necessarily have to be both) are above average. Interesting. Captivating. Fun. Entertaining. And hard to want to stop watching when the time comes to stop watching.

2.) Something can be said about the characters/story that might resurface former memories of another anime that was special in some way.

3.) The anime doesn't get worse and worse as the series goes on, but rather continues to either stay balanced or gradually climb up, and get better.

4.) The characters develop. Whether with superpower/magical upgrade or they become stronger based on their personality.

5.) There are not many noticeable plot-holes in the story, which make the story hard to follow. Or better, there's no plot-holes in the story, at all.
Feb 12, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
Sora-desuINA said:
Ulquiorra said:

that's actually the only reason i could think of (so far) on why an anime series could be popular.

when a manga series or a light novel is popular, fans of those original source material will get hyped, follow and watch the anime adaptation. these huge fuss will attract more viewers, and those (new) viewers will spread the word,and so on,and so on

but then.... if that's the case. how about original anime series that doesnt have a source material ? .

For original anime the only things that count are BD sales and TV ratings.
If those two are good they can make anime goods and sell them, increasing the popularity and the chance for another season.
Feb 12, 2017 7:12 AM
Jun 2015
1) Cute girls to sell figurines and appeal to the waifu hunters (Create waifus and you will profit)
2) Wish fulfillment (Evangelion is one of the best selling anime for this reason)
3) Good presentation and fundamentals ( As bad as sword art online is the presentation is above average and has a great ost)
4) appeal to emotion heavily, if you do it good enough people won't care about the shitty anime plot, story and characters.
5) Fan service and a good time slot. The best anime tend to not be popular because of lackluster time slots and lack fan service.
Feb 12, 2017 7:20 AM

Jun 2016
Deknijff said:

as much as i want to agree on you ( yes i do agree with you ) , but luck and timings dont prevail everytime.

but sure.... following the current mainstream trend is one way to look at it.

Feb 12, 2017 7:20 AM

Feb 2015
Cliches, fan service, edge, pretty colors
Feb 12, 2017 7:23 AM

Jun 2016
contrived said:
Something that's unique, and out of the ordinary that people would not expect to be airing. Though, those kind rarely air nowadays. Today, people like the adaption of a manga, or an anime that just meets their expectations.

one example of that is stein;s gate. it was unique, and then it got a huge fanbase

now,usually those series would end up in the underrated good/amazing series.

VanishingKira said:
autistic fanbase that will praise the series no matter how bad it actually is

i feel bad for calling those people autistics..... XD XD XD i prefer the word "enthusiastic"

SMikotoRayearth said:
Well, an anime that is high in quality (in several areas of its theme, so like all of them) will be recognized by the majority of people. There may be a alternative minority that do not really see what the big deal is about that *said* series, but for the most part, it is highly recognizable by the higher faction of the viewers/fans, etc.

For me, personally, I think what makes an anime a good seller is when it has something unique to one of its five main rating areas. Something about the series that divides it into its own separate category that can't really be said for many other series, including the ones that try to their their ideas and inspirations from it, whatever it may be.

We all know what an average/bad anime looks like, based on its mundane quality. Nothing sparks any feels about it. The characters aren't really special in any noticeable way. It just seems overly bland in every compartment of its story, characters, and so forth.

1.) It's animation and/or plot. (Doesn't necessarily have to be both) are above average. Interesting. Captivating. Fun. Entertaining. And hard to want to stop watching when the time comes to stop watching.

2.) Something can be said about the characters/story that might resurface former memories of another anime that was special in some way.

3.) The anime doesn't get worse and worse as the series goes on, but rather continues to either stay balanced or gradually climb up, and get better.

4.) The characters develop. Whether with superpower/magical upgrade or they become stronger based on their personality.

5.) There are not many noticeable plot-holes in the story, which make the story hard to follow. Or better, there's no plot-holes in the story, at all.

so.... in your point of view , a bad anime cannot be popular ?

or an anime cannot be popular because it's bad ?

because, I am pretty sure that there are anime series that are popular for being bad.

Mod edit: Combined triple posts
ArdanazFeb 13, 2017 11:14 AM

Feb 12, 2017 7:33 AM

Oct 2013
Sora-desuINA said:
Deknijff said:
as much as i want to agree on you ( yes i do agree with you ) , but luck and timings dont prevail everytime.
I didn't say it works every time or that it's the only way
I'm just saying I feel they are the most logical answers for this question
Feb 12, 2017 7:42 AM

Jul 2016
A cause for discussion which causes people to check out the anime since they want to discuss it too. Like ships, originality, good story, etc. Pretty much anything can become popular through word of the mouth.
Feb 12, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2016
hnnmilam said:
It's hard to say, because there are a lot of good anime aren't popular, and a significant number of anime isn't really good. From what i see, most of the popular anime are Shounen, it suitable for most audiences. Beside that, the success of Manga/LN/VN and the promotion of manufacturers has also contributed significantly to the popularity of an anime.

LOL, thats exactly why i'm making this thread. to know the why and how.

Sterps said:
A cause for discussion which causes people to check out the anime since they want to discuss it too. Like ships, originality, good story, etc. Pretty much anything can become popular through word of the mouth.

true. so far, this is the closest to the truth i can get. what makes an anime series popular is certainly not quality . its the discussion,debate, between those who liked it and those who hated/disliked/think its overrated.

the huge fuss that has been created will just draw more and more people in....

Mod edit: Combined double posts
ArdanazFeb 13, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 12, 2017 8:10 AM

Feb 2017
Sora-desuINA said:

because, I am pretty sure that there are anime series that are popular for being bad.

Well, sorta. I am not saying that a recognizable "bad" anime by the majority of anime fans is necessarily shit, and has absolute no viewing value whatsoever. Because, when it comes right down to it, it's all based on what some think is good, as opposed to what others may feel about that series.

I talk a lot about the diversity that is within the Medium and fandom of anime. There is really no factual response to this question. Because it's highly opinionated, just like everything in this world, with possibly the exception of science and math.

I think these would be the reasons for why I'd consider a series to be good. But, even having written all of that. It's still just my opinion. Which doesn't really for everyone, nor can it speak for everyone. But I think there needs to be some level of balance that is higher than -1 to 0. So, in other words, it's got to be on the right side of the integer line, in order for it to be considered popular, and good. Unless, of course, there are people who get off on shit anime with mundane quality, characters, writing, plot, etc. But ultimately that is their preference. So in the end, it's all based on what we like.
Feb 12, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2016
SMikotoRayearth said:
Sora-desuINA said:

Well, sorta. I am not saying that a recognizable "bad" anime by the majority of anime fans is necessarily shit, and has absolute no viewing value whatsoever. Because, when it comes right down to it, it's all based on what some think is good, as opposed to what others may feel about that series.

I talk a lot about the diversity that is within the Medium and fandom of anime. There is really no factual response to this question. Because it's highly opinionated, just like everything in this world, with possibly the exception of science and math.

I think these would be the reasons for why I'd consider a series to be good. But, even having written all of that. It's still just my opinion. Which doesn't really for everyone, nor can it speak for everyone. But I think there needs to be some level of balance that is higher than -1 to 0. So, in other words, it's got to be on the right side of the integer line, in order for it to be considered popular, and good. Unless, of course, there are people who get off on shit anime with mundane quality, characters, writing, plot, etc. But ultimately that is their preference. So in the end, it's all based on what we like.

wow, thats very interesting . and yes, that is actually very true in lot of cases. even with the series that are popular for being bad, there are people who defended it and can actually see the quality.

i've been there XD XD XD . i actually rated yosuga no sora a 10 for its last 3 eps, and 7 as a whole series.

Feb 12, 2017 4:58 PM

Nov 2013
Just add in waifus. That's how you can make garbage like Re:Zero popular.
Feb 12, 2017 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
My psychology hours didn't prepare me for this.
Feb 12, 2017 5:12 PM

Apr 2016
As far as I can see its the ones with protagonists that people can self insert as (especially if its aimed towards males)

Stuff like SAO, Re:Zero, Death Note and shonens probably owe their success to the main characters. Which is why even if it's total crap it can still be successful.
Feb 12, 2017 6:27 PM

Feb 2017
Sora-desuINA said:
wow, thats very interesting . and yes, that is actually very true in lot of cases. even with the series that are popular for being bad, there are people who defended it and can actually see the quality.

i've been there XD XD XD . i actually rated yosuga no sora a 10 for its last 3 eps, and 7 as a whole series.

One persons anime treasure is another persons anime junk! It's all about individual preference, and yes, it is not always so clear to understand what some see in their anime, when you may not agree lol. I love a lot of anime series from my childhood. But according to the MAL ratings and such, they're not even overly popular or anything or high rated. lol. But, hey! I think they are! And that's really all that counts! :D Just like you gave that anime you mentioned a 10 based on its final three episodes. I did the similar thing for some anime, where its overall wasn't as high as some of it that made me give it a personal rating that was higher than its actual rating.
Feb 12, 2017 6:51 PM

Feb 2015
Of course, you need to stir the crowd by adding the waifu factors.
Feb 12, 2017 7:02 PM

Oct 2014
i guess pre airing hype about a source material is the biggest reason for a show to get popular advertisement also plays a huge factor in this anime original shows
i can not even imagine it having any connection to quality(popular anime series are so varied in that regard) and the connection with genre is minimal(sure some genres are more popular than others but that is usually a unreliable indicator)
Feb 12, 2017 10:22 PM
Aug 2013
Have Re in the title equals profit!!
Feb 12, 2017 10:33 PM

Jan 2017
As we've seen with 'Kimi no Na wa' - The current #1 Anime - All it takes is ...
1. Large sums of money to afford advertising/marketing.
2. A long established Anime Producer with a lucrative budget to afford 10/10 Art/Sound
3. An average Plot with average Characters (at least 6/10 without fancy Art/cutscenes)

Essentially, all you need is Hollywood with it's Marketing 101.
-Besides that you're screwed unless you can actually create a brilliant story with amazing characters.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

Feb 12, 2017 10:39 PM
Jan 2015
Simple Answer, Mass appeal. A anime that appeals to a large audience will become popular, its not complicated. Also quality isn't objective, so no point of using that as a factor.
My Queens

Feb 12, 2017 11:04 PM

Oct 2014
Manga popularity (already an audience for it and that audience will likely recommend it to other people who haven't read the manga), studio popularity (Shaft and Kyoani will get a lot of viewers just from being well known), and time of day aired (anime intended for children air earlier and get more viewers).

What makes anime popular in the West is a bit more subjective.
Feb 13, 2017 12:06 AM

Nov 2009
> What makes a popular anime series ?
1) The first and foremost part of popularity is selling people something they want.
That's pretty simple at first glance, but contrasted by points 2 and 3.

2) The second part is not having much competition. Like, the only show about MMORPGs is likely to be popular among MMORPG players regardless of its actual merits. And there is lot of MMORPG players in the world.
On the contrary, Rakudai and Asterisk airing in the same season got on everybody's nerves.

3) Point 2 means the anime has to take risks. Try to sell people something they did not know they wanted. Try to appeal to unusual audience.
Fortunately, this happens often enough, and anime progresses as a result.

4) All the popular shows are pretty good at what they do. No matter what the critics say about things these shows do not do.

5) Good artstyle, character design, music and other money-intensive things boost point 4, but cannot replace point 1.

6) Of course, any prior fame - big name authors, popular original sources and stuff - helps get the ball rolling.
Feb 13, 2017 12:34 AM

Jan 2015
Consumptive weebs

Consumptive weebsConsumptive weebs

la critique de l'intention pure
Feb 13, 2017 1:07 AM

Apr 2016
Misery and death.

...or being Gintama, if MAL's top list is anything to go by.
Man, I have to stop falling in love with fictitious high school girls'...moms!
Feb 13, 2017 2:18 AM

Oct 2015
define popular here, japan popular, western popular, critically popular?
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 13, 2017 2:37 AM

Jun 2016
Those that are characterized by overpowered main character, cute girls, fan service (etc) tend to be very popular this days. Mainly because these are the types of animes that a lot casual viewers would like. Some examples would be Re:Zero and SAO. But in rare cases, there are a few animes that made name for themselves by showing qualities that a wide variety of viewers could appreciate. These animes became very popular worldwide. Some examples would be AOT and One Punch Man. This is what i observed from watching anime for quite a long time.
Feb 13, 2017 2:54 AM

Apr 2014
It pretty much has to have at least one potential waifu, even OPM has Tornado. Re:Zero has Rem, AoT has Mikasa, Love Live has pretty much the entire cast ...

Then there's things like Jojo and Gay Boys on Ice, but then you can just replace waifus with husbandos and bingo ba-bing you have the same idea.
Feb 13, 2017 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
Popular as in seasonal popularity, or popular like long-running popularity?

In the case of a latter, any long-running shounen with half a brain can make the cut.
In the case of the former, it depends on what audience you are trying to get at:
Drama written while you're half asleep works well amongst the feelzbait crowd (Orange).
Characters having a psychological breakdown do great for the 'edge' crowd (RE:Zero).
Excessively and mindlessly experimental animation hiding a shallow story with a shoehorned twist is perfect bait for 'intellectuals' (The Tatami Galaxy).
Very young girls (16 and under) with yuri bait will get the modern stereotypical Japanese otaku (Love Live!). Add magical girls and maybe some despair to gain the magical girl fans (Yuuki Yuna is a Hero)
Anything with 'Gundam' gets the Gundam fans, and everyone knows that all mecha fans are Gundam fans and there is nothing else.
Well defined, though not excessive, males acting comedically or romantically gay will snag the fujoshis (Did I spell that right?) and LGBTQ+ supporters (JoJo, Yuri on Ice).

I can go on if you want.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Feb 13, 2017 6:17 AM

Aug 2015
It's a mysterious phenomenon... Just don't think about it to hard or you'll get an headache.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2017 6:21 AM

Jul 2016
The easiest way to make a popular anime is to have lots of boobage and booty and not be a Mecha.
Feb 13, 2017 6:37 AM
Sep 2015
InsaneLeader13 said:

In the case of a latter, any long-running shounen with half a brain can make the cut.
In the case of the former, it depends on what audience you are trying to get at:
Drama written while you're half asleep works well amongst the feelzbait crowd (Orange).
Characters having a psychological breakdown do great for the 'edge' crowd (RE:Zero).
Excessively and mindlessly experimental animation hiding a shallow story with a shoehorned twist is perfect bait for 'intellectuals' (The Tatami Galaxy).
Very young girls (16 and under) with yuri bait will get the modern stereotypical Japanese otaku (Love Live!). Add magical girls and maybe some despair to gain the magical girl fans (Yuuki Yuna is a Hero)
Anything with 'Gundam' gets the Gundam fans, and everyone knows that all mecha fans are Gundam fans and there is nothing else.
Well defined, though not excessive, males acting comedically or romantically gay will snag the fujoshis (Did I spell that right?) and LGBTQ+ supporters (JoJo, Yuri on Ice).

I can go on if you want.

I would pay good monopoly money to hear you go on, perfect analogy lol
Feb 13, 2017 6:40 AM

Jan 2015
Usually a combination of action/shounen series or boring slice of life shows with waifu bait. Whatever appeases the low IQ otakus.

Feb 13, 2017 7:29 AM

Feb 2013
Sora-desuINA said:
SMikotoRayearth said:

Not really related to the post you're replying, but if it really is popular, then regardless of online forum circlejerks, there must be a sizeable population segment that does not find it bad.

Unless you think of meme anime like Mars of Destruction which aren't really popular, but just another kind of online forum circlejerk. And even then, it's still barely ranked 1750 popularity on MAL.
Feb 13, 2017 8:01 AM

Jun 2016
_Ako_ said:
Of course, you need to stir the crowd by adding the waifu factors.

LOL. dont forget the loli and incest factors. you gotta have at least one loli and an incest going on

Noobc0re said:
Misery and death.

...or being Gintama, if MAL's top list is anything to go by.

as highly as gintama is rated on MAL. its not that popular comparing to other shows,either seasonal or all-time.

DraTreu4 said:
It's a mysterious phenomenon... Just don't think about it to hard or you'll get an headache.

watching anime is pain, understanding anime is more than pain.
It's suffering

-Mahesvara said:
Simple Answer, Mass appeal. A anime that appeals to a large audience will become popular, its not complicated. Also quality isn't objective, so no point of using that as a factor.

how an anime can get such a Mass appeal... that's the answer i'm actually looking for here

Tylaen said:
My psychology hours didn't prepare me for this.

you're studying pscychology ?

too bad..... XD i demand you to think about this seriously. maybe you can even give the "academical/scholar answer"based on citations or sorts. that would be dank af

zombie_pegasus said:
Manga popularity (already an audience for it and that audience will likely recommend it to other people who haven't read the manga), studio popularity (Shaft and Kyoani will get a lot of viewers just from being well known), and time of day aired (anime intended for children air earlier and get more viewers).

zombie, since i live in the east, i dont need to know about the western XD

just kidding,
but for instance.... looking at the MAL popular anime thingy ( non-japanese anime enthusiasts) the top 2 anime (death note, and AoT) it aired at early morning (00:56 and 1:58) - not intended for children viewers.

and how about those original anime series that doesnt have an initial fanbase (angel beats, CG, kill la kill,etc) ?

zombie-sensei, do elaborate , please

StonedKirito said:
InsaneLeader13 said:

I can go on if you want.

I would pay good monopoly money to hear you go on, perfect analogy lol

yes, please go on..list as many as you can :)

Mod edit: Combined 7 posts into this one... Please use the edit button rather than rolling out a mass of posts
ArdanazFeb 13, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 13, 2017 8:32 AM

May 2015
Appealing to a lot of people.

That's it. If there was an exact answer, we probably would've found it by now. Hundreds - no, thousands - research communication and what increases rating. We get some kind of idea - violence is better TV than peace - but no certain formula.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 13, 2017 1:22 PM
Nov 2016
It's easy be unique and creative and memorable. Make us feel something. We remember Madoka because the series defied our expectations, but we also saw ourselves in Madoka and Homura and the rest, and because they go through the deepest, darkest pits of hell, we cry when Madoka declares, in essence, that her wish is for every magical girl's happy ending. We remember Bebop because it made us walk a mile-- or a light-year-- in the characters' shoes, and because everyone who appeared onscreen made a deep emotional impression. Bakemonogotari remains synonymous with Shaft and Shimbo because of the jaw dropping character designs and dialogue carried over from the manga, but also because of how Shimbo was able to make all of the dense conversations watchable for hours, and how he and his team were able to get away with limited animation by being stylish and artistic and original.

That's my take, anyway.
Feb 13, 2017 6:23 PM

Jun 2014
Cute girls that people want to protect their smiles.

Self insert main character.
Remember guys, I AM NOT A PARAGON OF TASTE.

I HAVE SHIT TASTE LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
Feb 13, 2017 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
- A big massive following of the anime series (I consider a show being popular if it gets at least 150k people or more) and depending on the source, either base on the already established fans along with newcomers or for anime originals, just people that have seen it and spreaded this around.

- The rating system on big websites for rating shows or TV ratings of course.

- How much has the series been spreaded or been posted is another example

- How much is the series discussed as well which also as I stated, spreads the
word out to check the show out

- Sales in a certain degree is another determine factor
Feb 13, 2017 6:38 PM

Nov 2014
The potential to become popular is catering to the lowest common denominator.

Why they actually make it is? When it airs and what other shows it airs with. Basically if substantial number of people pick it up, and it doesn't basically fuck itself over in the first few episodes so it gets recommended a lot, BAM popular.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 13, 2017 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
Sora-desuINA said:
zombie_pegasus said:

zombie, since i live in the east, i dont need to know about the western XD

just kidding,
but for instance.... looking at the MAL popular anime thingy ( non-japanese anime enthusiasts) the top 2 anime (death note, and AoT) it aired at early morning (00:56 and 1:58) - not intended for children viewers.

and how about those original anime series that doesnt have an initial fanbase (angel beats, CG, kill la kill,etc) ?

zombie-sensei, do elaborate , please
for the "time of the day" part, i think zombie is talking about populairty as measured by japanese tv ratings
here's a random report: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-18/japan-animation-tv-ranking-august-8-14/.105537
late night anime series rarely make it on this list.. AoT and DN might be some of the exceptions

it's likely that non-japanese tv ratings look like that too, with children shows being way more popular than late night ones..

all 3 of those original series you mention did have notable staff behind them
angel beats had jun maeda (clannad writer), and kill la kill had imaishi (ttgl director)
not sure about specific names for CG, but it was made by sunrise, which is THE mecha studio, so prob some guys from Gundam, and CLAMP who did the character designs.. perhaps making it more acessible for non-mecha fans)

a bit like with animes adapted from already popular works.. even if the story doesn't have an inital fanbase, the studio or someone on the staff could have

and lastly i think there is a big overlap between what's popular with east and west fans.. on the internet at least
romagiaFeb 13, 2017 6:51 PM
Feb 13, 2017 6:42 PM

Apr 2014
battle shounen . definitely the answer :] those get shown all the time on day time but all those other anime that are dubbed too simply air late at nigjt, a specific and lonely anime channel that im guessing not that many people have, or go straight to dvd
Feb 14, 2017 2:57 AM

Mar 2015
it's like playing cards... it is complex result of lucky and skill and both of them can't be stand alone...

i love how many ignorance answer in here, when it mostly not the case... only nitpicking about some popular shows and generelize them...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 14, 2017 4:32 AM

Jul 2014
it depends on the storyline.....and how popular the manga/LN is...
Feb 14, 2017 4:40 AM
Oct 2016
people loves a unique story and the industry expects great sells and viewings in TV

More topics from this board

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

39 by billybub »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

94 by Timeline_man »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

41 by Adverrito »»
7 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

43 by DoisacChopper »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.