Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2016
We all know, this lazy bastard (some of you belive,he is really sick) will never finish Hunter x Hunter, but the show is still popular, because it's awesome,and in my opinion, it could totally beats One Piece, if hiatus wasn't kill it.

So, to solve the problem why Madhouse dont cooperate with Togashi, just like Toriyama doing with Dragon Ball Super? He monitors the anime, he is the author, so it is still his own story, just doesn't draw manga, only working with the anime corporation.

So why Madhouse don't following this precedent, and tell Togashi: Hey, you lazyfag, you don't have to draw anymore, just come in the studio, and control the works.
Feb 11, 2017 11:16 AM

May 2013
Well Toriyama doesn't write DBS, he did not do the manga for it. He writes completely different mangas these days. I think he may have done some character designs but it seems his involvement in it is fairly limited. He has given it his blessing, though.

I think your approach is terrifying. Calling a mangaka a lazy fag and telling them they don't have to draw any more. You have no idea what a sin you commit.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 11, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2016
xrockxz89 said:
Well Toriyama doesn't write DBS, he did not do the manga for it. He writes completely different mangas these days. I think he may have done some character designs but it seems his involvement in it is fairly limited. He has given it his blessing, though.

I think your approach is terrifying. Calling a mangaka a lazy fag and telling them they don't have to draw any more. You have no idea what a sin you commit.

So, your point is it is even worse than an unfinished Hunter x Hunter?
Feb 11, 2017 12:15 PM

May 2013
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

Ehh I mean I don't watch DBS and it is kind of annoying in many ways but whatever, it's just another addition to the Dragonball franchise. I wish people wouldn't consider it the same as DB and DBZ, though. The last chapter of DBZ was clearly a goodbye from Toriyama, the cover even says 'goodbye dragon world.' Anything after that including GT is definitely just extra.

Would be the same if HxH was like that. It would not be the resolution we all want. Would just be something fun and extra.

The only way for the series to wrap up is for Togashi to once again wield the pen. There are no shortcuts.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 11, 2017 1:24 PM

Dec 2016
xrockxz89 said:
Vamzer said:

Ehh I mean I don't watch DBS and it is kind of annoying in many ways but whatever, it's just another addition to the Dragonball franchise. I wish people wouldn't consider it the same as DB and DBZ, though. The last chapter of DBZ was clearly a goodbye from Toriyama, the cover even says 'goodbye dragon world.' Anything after that including GT is definitely just extra.

Would be the same if HxH was like that. It would not be the resolution we all want. Would just be something fun and extra.

The only way for the series to wrap up is for Togashi to once again wield the pen. There are no shortcuts.

GT was a bullshit, but Super is awesome. ANd I didn't say Togashi should continue the series after it ended, but he HAS TO FINISH IT, FTS... At least in anime...
Feb 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
Togashi is sickly not lazy, probably worse than we all think, the constant sicknesses may be signs of an autoimmune disease.

Feb 11, 2017 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
xrockxz89 said:
AT (Akira Toriyama) is involved in the writing of the Dragon Ball Super anime which is the primary canon for Dragon Ball Super. The manga is done by Toyotaro who does receive feedback from AT http://otakukart.com/animeblog/2016/10/29/toyotaro-talks-akira-toriyamas-involvement-dragon-ball-super/

xrockxz89 said:
. I think he may have done some character designs but it seems his involvement in it is fairly limited. He has given it his blessing, though.
That is for GT not for the Super anime. GT is not considered canon unlike Super because AT only did a few character designs for it but wasn't involved in the story for it past the first arc.
DrGeroCreationFeb 11, 2017 1:39 PM
Feb 11, 2017 1:59 PM

Nov 2011
Vamzer said:
We all know, this lazy bastard (some of you belive,he is really sick) will never finish Hunter x Hunter, but the show is still popular, because it's awesome,and in my opinion, it could totally beats One Piece, if hiatus wasn't kill it.

So, to solve the problem why Madhouse dont cooperate with Togashi, just like Toriyama doing with Dragon Ball Super? He monitors the anime, he is the author, so it is still his own story, just doesn't draw manga, only working with the anime corporation.

So why Madhouse don't following this precedent, and tell Togashi: Hey, you lazyfag, you don't have to draw anymore, just come in the studio, and control the works.

Where is your evidence he isnt really sick?
Feb 11, 2017 2:03 PM

May 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
xrockxz89 said:
AT (Akira Toriyama) is involved in the writing of the Dragon Ball Super anime which is the primary canon for Dragon Ball Super. The manga is done by Toyotaro who does receive feedback from AT http://otakukart.com/animeblog/2016/10/29/toyotaro-talks-akira-toriyamas-involvement-dragon-ball-super/

Well, it's still a far cry when he used to make the manga, as well as involve himself in the show's production. When Dragonball was created, he wrote an entire Bible for how the show should be done... like yeah he wrote the plot for DBS but he didn't script it, storyboard it, nothing like that. I mean it's fine but it's definitely not quite the same thing. It's nothing like One Piece which is still an ongoing manga and directly created by Eichiro Oda. Nor is it anything like Sandland or Galactic Patrolman Jaco, two of Akira's most recent manga. New episodes for the Dragonball franchise are definitely old hat at this point.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 11, 2017 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Hunter x hunter ended at chapter 339, fam.
Feb 11, 2017 2:21 PM

Aug 2013
@xrockxz89 He is involved in the show's production. He created all the new characters like Beerus, Whis, Champa etc and creates the show's plot with help. It's just that he isn't drawing a long running manga every week because at his age doing that is too strenuous. Dragon Ball Super is mainly Toriyama's work and creation. He himself continued Dragon Ball with Super unlike in the case of GT where Toei is the one that continued it .
Feb 11, 2017 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
where is your proof that Togashi does not have chronic back problems?
Feb 11, 2017 7:28 PM

May 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
@xrockxz89 He is involved in the show's production. He created all the new characters like Beerus, Whis, Champa etc and creates the show's plot with help. It's just that he isn't drawing a long running manga every week because at his age doing that is too strenuous. Dragon Ball Super is mainly Toriyama's work and creation. He himself continued Dragon Ball with Super unlike in the case of GT where Toei is the one that continued it .

Yeah, LIKE I SAID, that's not exactly the same thing as 'making a series.' Way different. God bless him man he's doin his thing but it's just not the Dragonball Z we all loved. That's over...
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 11, 2017 7:48 PM

Dec 2009
His big arc has finished, new arc in progress. I don't think it will end any time soon as it's still in the beginning.
I don't know him nor am I his doctor. So who am I to judge?

There are new adventure manga, just go read others.
New ones like Yuusha's Dead or Helck.
AoT, 7seeds, One Piece, One-Punch Man are all ongoing and got good ratings.
Feb 11, 2017 8:22 PM

Feb 2015
Why are you always justifying the fact that "it could have been great if it weren't for the hiatus?" kind of thing?

If you really don't like it. Continue the series yourself.

Hoppy said:
Togashi is sickly not lazy, probably worse than we all think, the constant sicknesses may be signs of an autoimmune disease.

The meme has ruined OP...

Is it because of the one thread I saw that captures Togashi as "healthy", when he went to some kind of "collaboration" with some random dudes... It was on MAL...
Feb 12, 2017 12:36 AM

Dec 2016
GloryforKekistan said:
Vamzer said:

Ok, fine, suppose he is really sick. So, why doesn't using asistant to draw, and he just working on the story?
Feb 12, 2017 12:48 AM

Dec 2016
Veneficia said:
Hunter x hunter ended at chapter 339, fam.

LOL. Dark continent arc is looks good, the election arc was good, and the Phantom Troupe is awesome. And Kuroro thinks he is some kind of God/Übermensch. He is just awesome.
Feb 12, 2017 12:51 AM

May 2013
Vamzer said:
GloryforKekistan said:

Ok, fine, suppose he is really sick. So, why doesn't using asistant to draw, and he just working on the story?

cause that would suck! The whole point is that he draws it... otherwise it's so much more of a commercially packaged product... fine some times, but HxH is one of those badass mangas that some guy just fuckin conceived you know?
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 12, 2017 12:55 AM

Dec 2016
xrockxz89 said:
Vamzer said:

cause that would suck! The whole point is that he draws it... otherwise it's so much more of a commercially packaged product... fine some times, but HxH is one of those badass mangas that some guy just fuckin conceived you know?

LOL. You wanna tell me the story is awesome because he draws it? :D The Hunter is the best manga, with the best plottwists, best characters, realistic psychopaths, and cruel serial killers because he draws it? :DD What is matter is the plot, but yeah, he has to draws it because! WHo cares he can't do it anymore, and he will not finish the manga, never ever, at least he doesn't let another guys to draw it... :D
Feb 12, 2017 1:09 AM

Nov 2011
Vamzer said:
GloryforKekistan said:

I dont know but what im saying is i dont think its good to just make assumptions and treat them as fact. We dont know entirely whats going on. That said wanting to draw his own work might be a matter of pride.
Feb 12, 2017 1:27 AM

Dec 2016
GloryforKekistan said:
Vamzer said:

I dont know but what im saying is i dont think its good to just make assumptions and treat them as fact. We dont know entirely whats going on. That said wanting to draw his own work might be a matter of pride.

Yeah, I see how good is https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/

Japan should live in communism, then the Party wouldn't allow him to avoid the work... He would be interned, and Oda would get the Sztahanov award.
Feb 13, 2017 9:57 AM

May 2013
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

LOL. You wanna tell me the story is awesome because he draws it? :D The Hunter is the best manga, with the best plottwists, best characters, realistic psychopaths, and cruel serial killers because he draws it? :DD What is matter is the plot, but yeah, he has to draws it because! WHo cares he can't do it anymore, and he will not finish the manga, never ever, at least he doesn't let another guys to draw it... :D

I mean, he's a world class artist lol... why wouldn't he draw it... YES that is what makes the story awesome. HxH isn't a novel or even a light novel. It's a manga... it's told visually...

He's a visual artist before anything else, you know. You seem to have it backwards...
xMizu_Feb 13, 2017 10:01 AM
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 15, 2017 11:40 PM

Dec 2016
xrockxz89 said:
Vamzer said:

I mean, he's a world class artist lol... why wouldn't he draw it...

_____________Because he is sick and he can't?
Feb 16, 2017 1:21 AM

May 2013
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

I mean, he's a world class artist lol... why wouldn't he draw it...

_____________Because he is sick and he can't?

Well you know, I highly doubt he's stopped drawing. He probably just doesn't do the serialized manga, I'm sure he draws just fine. Sure hope so, at least.

I mean if he's out of comission then bruh, not much to be done about it is there.

On a brighter note, here's a video of Togashi drawing Kurapika.

I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 16, 2017 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

There's this thing called thought process. Some people can't think of a story unless they do it themselves. Now he could make an assistant do it, but there are chances that the assistant might deviate it due to aesthetic differences or Togashi's original thought might be lost.
Feb 16, 2017 2:20 AM

May 2013
Brb said:
Vamzer said:

There's this thing called thought process. Some people can't think of a story unless they do it themselves. Now he could make an assistant do it, but there are chances that the assistant might deviate it due to aesthetic differences or Togashi's original thought might be lost.

Now I might be wrong but I always assumed the assistants did more grunt work like correcting mistakes, adding screen tones, drawing the leaves on trees, stuff like that. I am pretty sure that if the manga says 'art and story by Togashi' then he does the lion's share on his own.

If someone 'help's with the story, then they're going to get a writer's credit.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 16, 2017 2:30 AM

Jun 2015
xrockxz89 said:
Brb said:

Now I might be wrong but I always assumed the assistants did more grunt work like correcting mistakes, adding screen tones, drawing the leaves on trees, stuff like that. I am pretty sure that if the manga says 'art and story by Togashi' then he does the lion's share on his own.

Mostly the author draws character art. How the work is segregated after that is different for each title. Some authors just do the faces and rough outline of body positions and let the assistants do the rest, some do the backgounds themselves, etc.

Iirc Togashi is part of those "do everything except tones" type of authors.
Feb 16, 2017 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Naoko Takeuchi (creator of Sailor Moon and Togashi's wife) is doing a lot of the manga art now, so he doesn't have to draw that much anymore anyways.
Feb 16, 2017 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
NudeBear said:
j0x said:
where is your proof that Togashi does not have chronic back problems?

fuck off with the back pain bullshit, the guy has been going into annoying hiatuses for over 13 years now.

whats the proof otherwise though, we know its chronic back pain that he has and it has no cure not even surgery
Feb 16, 2017 11:37 AM

May 2013
Brb said:
xrockxz89 said:

Mostly the author draws character art. How the work is segregated after that is different for each title. Some authors just do the faces and rough outline of body positions and let the assistants do the rest, some do the backgounds themselves, etc.

Iirc Togashi is part of those "do everything except tones" type of authors.

Hmm no way, I feel like if that's the case then it doesn't get a single person's artist credit, it gets many. Otherwise you'd just be credited as the 'penciller' or something, like in American comics.

Like who tf would just draw the face and body position... that wouldn't be any fun at all >_>
xMizu_Feb 16, 2017 11:40 AM
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 16, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
xrockxz89 said:
Vamzer said:

I mean, he's a world class artist lol... why wouldn't he draw it... YES that is what makes the story awesome. HxH isn't a novel or even a light novel. It's a manga... it's told visually...

He's a visual artist before anything else, you know. You seem to have it backwards...
I get what op is sayin.
his 1st point of that collab with madhouse and comparing to toriyama is shit, given.

but if he is so sick and knows how bad it is, im sure he's not an asshole troll nor does he want his legacy to be hiatus hiatus.

so he should maybe write the story in novel form and make char ref sketches and storyboards. now hopefully this will be picked up for animation by madhouse, but if he is dying, I think even HE would want to finish his grand epic magnum opus finale, the dark continent arc.
Feb 16, 2017 12:03 PM

May 2013
KuroudoAkabane said:
xrockxz89 said:

I get what op is sayin.
his 1st point of that collab with madhouse and comparing to toriyama is shit, given.

but if he is so sick and knows how bad it is, im sure he's not an asshole troll nor does he want his legacy to be hiatus hiatus.

so he should maybe write the story in novel form and make char ref sketches and storyboards. now hopefully this will be picked up for animation by madhouse, but if he is dying, I think even HE would want to finish his grand epic magnum opus finale, the dark continent arc.

You can't get someone else to do your magnum opus for you. It just wouldn't be right. I don't know what you're thinking of you are even attempting to posit that as any sort of solution.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 16, 2017 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
well that is a great idea for we to have dozens of badly planned continuations of the franchyse that would basically ruin it
i sincerely have no trust on money hungry anime producers to give a dawn about quality and if the creation of the series is given to those i expect awful continuations only made to cash in on the name of the franchyse
the biggest example of these is the one you mentioned toryama and how awful the new super series has been
Feb 16, 2017 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
xrockxz89 said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
I get what op is sayin.

You can't get someone else to do your magnum opus for you. It just wouldn't be right. I don't know what you're thinking of you are even attempting to posit that as any sort of solution.
do you even read?

togashi doesn not work as an animator at madhouse, he didnt draw the anime.

its gonna be made by someone else, he has to write its story and let mad house know how they look and feel and act. which is what happened when madhouse made hxh11.
Feb 16, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2013
KuroudoAkabane said:
xrockxz89 said:

do you even read?

its gonna be made by someone else, he has to write its story and let mad house know how they look and feel and act. which is what happened when madhouse made hxh11.

obviously we're talking about the manga, and in a sense he did draw the anime because it utilizes many of the same key frames and images.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 16, 2017 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
xrockxz89 said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
make char ref sketches and storyboards.
obviously we're talking about the manga, and in a sense he did draw the anime because it utilizes many of the same key frames and images.
so you dont READ.

we are not talking about the manga, maybe u were, but op said shit about anime, dbz, dbs whatnot. and do you even know what a storyboard is?
Feb 16, 2017 12:33 PM

May 2013
KuroudoAkabane said:
xrockxz89 said:
so you dont READ.

we are not talking about the manga, maybe u were, but op said shit about anime, dbz, dbs whatnot. and do you even know what a storyboard is?

The anime originates from the manga. It's the basis for not only the story but the literal frames. The manga basically serves as a storyboard for the anime.

When you ask Togashi to 'continue the anime,' what you really want is for him to keep making his manga. Otherwise they would have to make something quite different as in DBS which has comparitively limited involvement from Toriyama.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 16, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
I doubt Togashi can beat the Chimera ant arc anyway. Might be better if the manga stays on hiatus.

Feb 16, 2017 1:11 PM

Dec 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
well that is a great idea for we to have dozens of badly planned continuations of the franchyse that would basically ruin it
i sincerely have no trust on money hungry anime producers to give a dawn about quality and if the creation of the series is given to those i expect awful continuations only made to cash in on the name of the franchyse
the biggest example of these is the one you mentioned toryama and how awful the new super series has been

Actually, Dragon Ball Super is really good, and funny. (Expect the future arc. That was sucks). And madhouse did really good job Hunter x Hunter, so yes, why not?

KuroudoAkabane said:

I think even HE would want to finish his grand epic magnum opus finale, the dark continent arc.

The fun part is, long-long hiatus and more hiatus ago, togashi said in an interview he has so many plans, and ideas, 3 or 4 arcs left to finish the hunter. And since then, the Dark Continent arc was only the second one. And now it looks like it will be the last, and he can't finish even this one.
Feb 16, 2017 1:13 PM

Dec 2016
xrockxz89 said:

When you ask Togashi to 'continue the anime,' what you really want is for him to keep making his manga. Otherwise they would have to make something quite different as in DBS which has comparitively limited involvement from Toriyama.

No, I don't give a shit on the manga. I want my favourite anime back, I want to see the ending of the Hunter x Hunter, one way or another. It is this simple.
Feb 16, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2013
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

No, I don't give a shit on the manga. I want my favourite anime back, I want to see the ending of the Hunter x Hunter, one way or another. It is this simple.

Hunter x Hunter isn't some random piece of trash... it's a great work of art. Maybe you'd better learn a bit of appreciation for what really goes into the creation of something like that, and what it means to people.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 16, 2017 1:57 PM

Oct 2014
KuroudoAkabane said:
xrockxz89 said:

do you even read?

that won't happen. If he barely uses assistants why would he do all this for the anime? Which I'm sure won't make him barely any money and he'd not be involved in the actual product, drawing it (animating it) Also I don't think he gives 2 shits about the anime. Manga is the medium he loves
Feb 17, 2017 12:18 AM

Dec 2016
xrockxz89 said:
Vamzer said:

Hunter x Hunter isn't some random piece of trash... it's a great work of art. Maybe you'd better learn a bit of appreciation for what really goes into the creation of something like that, and what it means to people.

What's wrong with you? Are you some kind of artist lover weirdo, or just have strange creation complexy?
Feb 17, 2017 2:03 AM

May 2013
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

What's wrong with you? Are you some kind of artist lover weirdo, or just have strange creation complexy?

No I just have an aversion to terrible suggestions, such as the one you made in the OP.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 17, 2017 10:35 AM

Dec 2016
xrockxz89 said:
Vamzer said:

No I just have an aversion to terrible suggestions, such as the one you made in the OP.

Yeah,because the nothing is fucking better. Togashi, you busted! Stop spamming your nonsenses in the forums, and go back to work, you lazy bastard.
Feb 17, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2013
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

Yeah,because the nothing is fucking better. Togashi, you busted! Stop spamming your nonsenses in the forums, and go back to work, you lazy bastard.

Oh my, now you're talking.........
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 17, 2017 1:57 PM

Jun 2015
Vamzer said:
xrockxz89 said:

hes gonna die before this happens though.

hxh is probably the only series that the world building supersedes the mc. gons whole point was to find his father, so in a way hxh as a story [gons] IS OVER?
Feb 17, 2017 4:24 PM

Feb 2015
by pointlessly drawing his story out with no idea how to end it, i think not.
Feb 17, 2017 6:36 PM

Apr 2014
isn't he married to the creator of sailor moon? he doesn't need to work ever again after his hxh run and her successful works >:]
Feb 21, 2017 12:47 PM

Jan 2009
Sigh, you think directing the anime is easier than drawing the manga?! with Togashi's simple art style it's pretty obvious that it's the writing that's taking too long, not drawing the chapters.
Also he may have been lazy, but he does have health issue.
Just remember that Togashi could've turned this manga into a generic shounen with predictable fights between good and evil, but he prefers to take his time and come up with something great instead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.