Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2017 5:40 AM

May 2012
Laetaita said:
I should re-read the manga from the very beginning. I don't remember a thing about this arc and I was shocked when Toudou stabbed Suguro's father.

Kinda same, but for me, while watching, I could recall every scene and I'm very proud that the anime is consistent, but that neck stab got me like 'yo, what's happening, wait what, what????? goTTA REREAD' lol

I love the series so far. It's a shame it's gonna be so short, as the arcs later shocked me in a good way when I was reading. I'd love to see more stuff animated.

The only thing that kinda saddens me is a different VA for Fujimoto, the one from 1st season was my favourite voice for him. c:
Feb 12, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2011
Shit, halfway through the episode I noticed there were a few death flags for Tatsuma in the last few episodes, and I hoped he wouldn't die. R.I.P. Next week's ep seems promising.
Feb 12, 2017 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
Being only here at episode six, it feels weird for a modern manga adaptation.

4/5

I stopped reading the manga a few chapters after where the anime is now but...
@mattao313 This doesn't look like an independant story, rather like some prologue to a long intrigue: a new villain shows interest in many different things, has some goal we discover at the last second, then leaves toward some greater objective. (like what you meant with "bridge", I think)
@uoyj The "let's beat Satan" is certainly not the main plot, it's only an excuse/red line, exactly like the "I will become the hokage!" or the "I want to meet my father." of other titles. And it served until the author decided of a long-term story (those long shônen mangaka almost always start by wandering around before actually making something up, often directed by some editor's opinion or readers poll).

edit @uoyj Not that I meant that it won't happen in the end. But it won't be the matter at all during the course of the "story" (like in the examples I made of Naruto or Hunter x Hunter). I just read the synopsis of the later manga volumes and it kind of confirms it.
Rei_IIIFeb 13, 2017 8:16 AM
Feb 12, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2016
Suguro, Rin warned you, didn't he? And now you gonna regret everything you've said to your father.

Rest in piece, Tatsuma Suguro. You were a great man and will be truly missed :(
Feb 12, 2017 9:23 PM

Jul 2014
Rei366 said:
Being only here at episode six, it feels weird for a modern manga adaptation.

4/5

I stopped reading the manga a few chapters after where the anime is now but...
@mattao313 This doesn't look like an independant story, rather like some prologue to a long intrigue: a new villain shows interest in many different things, has some goal we discover at the last second, then leaves toward some greater objective. (like what you meant with "bridge", I think)
@uoyj The "let's beat Satan" is certainly not the main plot, it's only an excuse/red line, exactly like the "I will become the hokage!" or the "I want to meet my father." of other titles. And it served until the author decided of a long-term story (those long shônen mangaka almost always start by wandering around before actually making something up, often directed by some editor's opinion or readers poll).

Yeah that's pretty much what I was saying. But:

Its not an independent story but it is a independent season of the series, So basically what I'm trying to say is from what I've seen this doesn't deserve its own season, it should have been part of a 2 cour joint or not even made in the first place.

And to be clear I'm not Nostradamus it might become better cause I haven't read the manga. Right now I just in wait and see mode.
Feb 13, 2017 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
Exciting! What a show! I did not think it would come to a situation so intriguing, I was open-mouthed in the final, I thought the question was much simpler, I am overjoyed to have been disproved. Too bad it's over the better.
Feb 13, 2017 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
@Rei366
That'd be quite sad, I enjoyed the concept.
Even though this "let's beat this Impure King guy" sounds like a buildup towards fighting Satan later.
Feb 13, 2017 8:23 AM

Oct 2016
really good episode
i like the direction ao no exorcist is taking
Feb 13, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2016
So awsome. Can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 13, 2017 10:27 PM

Jul 2016
Was a great episode.

Not sure why people were angry at the pacing of this so far. Think it has been excellent seeing some characterisation before the shit hits the fan.
Feb 15, 2017 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
Oh no... no way he's alive after being stabbed through the neck. As much as I'd like him to survive that's wouldn't be very realistic
Feb 17, 2017 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Man, it was sad seeing Tatsuma like that ;_; I hope he is not dead, he still needs to talk with Bon before this arc ends...

I must be the only one who finds curious that the only reason why Ryuji born in the first place was thanks to Shiro. The guy manages to be more and more amazing each episode we learn something new about him.

Young Toudou is voiced by Suwabe, uhhh? Seems legit :V
IllyricusMay 7, 2021 3:28 PM
Feb 17, 2017 8:11 PM

Mar 2016
Finally it happen. We will get more fight scene at the rest of this anime.

Nice story-building in previous six episodes

Feb 19, 2017 9:29 AM

Mar 2009
Really good episode wow.
Feb 19, 2017 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
Finally a good episode that finished all the set up.
Feb 22, 2017 3:46 AM

Jun 2013
Baby Renzo! He looked so cute. Who would've thought he would grow up to such a pervert? LOL

Even Baby Bon was a cutie pie being held in his daddy's arms. Now he looks like he'd fuck up anyone who would look at him the wrong way.

I love these flashbacks where we get to see younger and kid versions of the characters.

Father Fujimoto is so cool. I like how he's a natural leader but isn't too demanding or overbearing. He recognizes bullshit when he sees it and he was an awesome dad to Rin and Yuki. I miss his character so much. TT__TT

I knew it Bon's dad was misunderstood and he got stabbed :( I feel so sorry for him. Karura is awesome and I feel zero sympathy for Mamushi, the idiot.
臭い-
Feb 25, 2017 2:56 PM

Jul 2009
Another great episode :D Tatsuma's past with Shirou is really interesting ... and that's I think I am just now realizing that Shirou's seiyuu is Hiroaki Hirata XD In any case the phoenix was super awesome but that knife ... DANG I do not remember that at all! D: Looks like Toudou just swallowed up Karura ... oh dear D: Plus since they were all worshiping an empty sword anyway ... I guess no wonder she got her power from mistrust and guilt lol. Either way, we'll get some action from Rin and friends after this it seems with backup going to help take care of the Impure King. Things are gonna get more exciting next episode for sure :D
Feb 28, 2017 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
I hope Bon's dad is alive
Mar 25, 2017 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
I find it odd that Karura got stabbed so easily for such a powerful familiar. I mean it was just chilling right next to the guy >_> Other than that, solid fight and episode.
Mar 28, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
First of all WHYYYYYYY Junichi Suwabe are you voicing such a douchebaggggg!! Lol I love him and I recognized his voice right away in younger(though barely IMO lol) Toudou.

Also I totally forgot the finer details of what happens in this arc. Been too long since I read the manga. I can't remember if Tatsumo survives or not and its killing me right now... even if I'm watching the next episode in like, a couple of seconds. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 1, 2017 8:12 PM

May 2015
*Triggered AF*

Tatsuma did what a great leader/master would do he even forgave Mamushi, talking about her this whole fiasco was her own damn fault... she technically walked Scott Free from this whole incident, I hope she never forget what her naivety brought to his fellow exorcist in his life of atonement.

Rin warned him and the worst happened I'm seriously corious to see how Ryuuji will cope with all of this. Sometimes we spout in the heat of the moment things that we wich that we never say, sometimes life give us another chance, sometimes not

Toudou needs to die the worst way possible... like I said aerlier... Triggered AF
Apr 2, 2017 10:16 AM

May 2012
Impressive backstory I must say! Really looking forward to hear more of that story! Let's see what's next.
Apr 17, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
is Suguro's dad died?
because it looks like to me he's dead, stabbed in the neck.
as far as I know, no man can survive neck stabbing, especially in the middle, they will had very hard time to breath.

aannnndd why the phoenix look so weird and weak? the phoenix is supposed to be one of the strongest creature and yet get eaten just like that.
Apr 18, 2017 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
No wonder they're afraid of the impure king... he's got motherfucking sharingan!

That cult is full if BS.
May 5, 2017 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
Nice, all is revealed in this one. Shame Bon's dad had to die, that Todo has to die!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 29, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
I was so sure that they will say that the Impure King is sealed somewhere and they will resurrect him with the eyes *points for intuition*
Oct 1, 2017 1:01 AM
Jun 2013
lol so as a man of the cloths says screw praying and focus on medice. Also tatsuas father was a dick. no really the shady jacket man who has been outed as a traitor was a traitor. You aint so bright snake girl. todo is one of the biggest prick in the manga and sadly he hasint gotten his just desert yet. man that familiar sure is devious also has some nice abs. also whats with anime and easily removeable eyes.
Aug 18, 2018 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
Shura booty on that floor.
Dat flashback.
She didn't lose her eye?
Karura.
Tetsuo?
OH SHIT!!!!!! DAT STAB IN THE NECK FROM THE BACK!
He's eating Karura? WTF!
SUWAGBE!
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 30, 2019 7:49 AM

Jul 2013
Thing finally picked up after all that build up. Not gonna lie, the last 5 episodes have been a chore to watch but the payoff was great. At least this episode was. I hope the rest of the season continues this momentum. The backstory between Tatsuma and Shiro was good. So they were praying to an empty sword all along because the phoenix was already residing inside the current head priest of the temple as his familiar. Karura feeds on lies and mistrust so that worked pretty well.

Will Tatsuma die? I mean that was a stab to the neck. How will he even survive that.

Villain is pretty boring but we'll see what he has to offer in the next episodes. So far, he's a fiend with strong physical powers and ultra regeneration abilities.

This episode took an interesting turn. So awakening the Impure King was just a distraction and the true goal was to lure Tatsuma into the open, kill him and consume Karura who was living inside him. Great episode overall. Hope the rest of the episodes live up.

May 27, 2019 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Wonder how Tatsuma should survive this, seems like he won't survive long with a cut throat.
Nov 4, 2019 10:12 AM
Apr 2016
The backstory continues! A lot of information this episode, so that's good I suppose.
Oct 31, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2019
Amazing episode. Man I hope Tatsuma lives.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 23, 2021 8:50 PM

Jan 2020
Yep, mamushi is best girl alright. I love her design with the bleeding eye but It looks like she'll be good again which is nice.

As for the flashback, I thought it was fantastic. Fujimoto is always memorable when he's on screen and I really like the relationship he had with tatsuma despite how short it was. He's also much stronger than I expected lol

amazing episode for me

Jan 3, 2023 8:03 PM
May 2021
Mauvaise histoire, ca se suit pas, tu comprend tard, mauvaise animation, trop basic les personnages.
Jan 28, 2023 11:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Reviving the maou sama that's almost like an isekai, but damn it escalated quickly with Bon's father being stabbed in the throat and having the phoenix absorbed 
Mar 19, 10:08 AM

Jan 2021
We are 4 layers deep and I can't see the bottom yet...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

85 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

77 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.