Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute, they added some heart designs to their cycling outfits for customization.

Interesting to see that rival club back again.

Looks like they have this major competition event that's taking place this episode. Really nice to see Hiromi helping out a teammate during the early stages of this race. I think it goes to show how kind she is along with rest of the club.
Stark700Feb 10, 2017 9:37 AM
Feb 10, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
So the girls got their bikes and they entered the even but their of to a very slow start.
The question is will the be able to make up for it?

It was nice of them to help each other like that it's a good thing since they are a team so taking care of each other like that is importuned.
It also seems they made an impression on the audience.
Feb 10, 2017 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
Ouch! Awful way to start their first race. Those second years sure were assholes trampling poor Natsumi like that. Can they recover?
Feb 10, 2017 9:51 AM

Mar 2015
Even if their getting off to a late start, at least their starting together as friends and teammates!

Also the bear from the OP finally showed up!!!
Feb 10, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
Well, our girls are off to a rough start but I'm sure they'll bounce back next episode. Let's go cycling club!
Feb 10, 2017 10:38 AM

Aug 2015
Cycling Club's first activity and they're in the pinch already. Still waiting for the blonde.
Feb 10, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
So, everybody got a bike, including Hiromi! Great! Now -- RIDE! RIDE! RIDE! (^_^)

And, we all get (how can I put this discreetly) glamor shots of the girls in their club jerseys & shorts.

The race was ... so FRUSTRATING to watch. However, the underlying theme of the show is Togetherness: being part of a group, watching out for your comrades. I have to keep that in mind.

Okay: want to watch for a little mistake? During the ending live-action tutorial, look at the rear derailleur as the shop tech' is pivoting it back-and-forth on the hanger: in the front camera angle, it's a Shimano Tiagra; from the rear, it's a Shimano 105. As Nelson Muntz would say, "HA-HA!"
Almost older than dirt
Feb 10, 2017 12:23 PM

May 2015
What the hell did I just watch!?

Frustrating and terrible doesn't even begin to describe how I feel after watching this episode. I need season two of Long Riders and I need it now. Maybe I'll just rewatch season one and forget about this show. Also, as mentioned above the Tiagra - 105 slip up was amusing.

Feb 10, 2017 12:35 PM
Jan 2017
Dimsheep said:

Frustrating and terrible doesn't even begin to describe how I feel after watching this episode. I need season two of Long Riders and I need it now. Maybe I'll just rewatch season one and forget about this show. Also, as mentioned above the Tiagra - 105 slip up was amusing.

It's rapidly becoming apparent that this an advertising campaign gone horribly wrong. It's almost like Bridgestone is actively trying to turn people off riding. If this is what it takes to get actual bike brands in a show, I'll take all the "Pontiankh Fearbirds" Long Riders can throw at me. After looking up what bike Hiromi got as a loaner (Anchor Rfx8), I'm more than a little disgusted.
Feb 10, 2017 1:23 PM

Aug 2016
Seriously? that b*tch that let her fall should've stopped to say sorry and help her....
Nanika ga Okashii
Feb 10, 2017 1:31 PM

May 2015
Rook81 said:
Dimsheep said:

It's rapidly becoming apparent that this an advertising campaign gone horribly wrong. It's almost like Bridgestone is actively trying to turn people off riding. If this is what it takes to get actual bike brands in a show, I'll take all the "Pontiankh Fearbirds" Long Riders can throw at me. After looking up what bike Hiromi got as a loaner (Anchor Rfx8), I'm more than a little disgusted.

I imagine because Long Riders and Yowamushi Pedal have done well that this studio wanted to capitalize on the trend and if they could get the backing of various cycle companies then that would also alleviate a good chunk of the financial burden. That said the show is based on a manga but I can only find two chapters so I don't know how much is the same. But they did swap out bikes. The teacher rides a Trek in the manga but in the anime she has a Neilpryde. Not surprised of that switch.

Feb 10, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
that was a rough start
Feb 10, 2017 1:45 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Very slow pace here. At this rate the blonde one will appear in the credits of chapter 12th, but honestly, I am enjoying this anime.

Feb 10, 2017 1:48 PM

Sep 2013
Night race for achievement and the other school clubs are there for scouting purposes XD

Nastumi chokes at the last moment but her team comes back for her :'(

animefan8800 said:
Ouch! Awful way to start their first race. Those second years sure were assholes trampling poor Natsumi like that. Can they recover?

Why is she white here? thas racist.
Feb 10, 2017 3:39 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Finally some racing...oh wait.

I liked the OST at the end and the animation was also good.
Feb 10, 2017 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
Left us on a cliff hanger, but that's OK. It was nice of midget cat manager to lend Hiromi a bike. Maybe Hirmoi will get around to buying it later. Where is that foreigner? She appears all over the OP, but not in the show. Ha ha ha.

That final live AOP sequence cracks me up. The two girls are "truly amazed" by everything. I want the bike shop dude to say, "Fixing a bike chain is so easy, even a pair of dim-bulbs like you can do it!"
Feb 10, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
SHOCKKK !! KUMA SHOCK !!
Feb 10, 2017 7:13 PM

Dec 2016
Ouch, was a disastrous start to the race that was.

I got a good laugh from the bear cosplay rider.
Feb 11, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
It is sad, that the story is lost in the "pleasantries" and in the things that I would call trivial, because the time is limited, for the rest, what the narrative shows, is something that needs to be shown, saw the message it wants to give. The drawings show the ups and downs in the quality, the animations are good and the transition between CG and hand-drawn, is made well. Finally comes the bear, but there is little time for the first race of the girls, what a pity!

It's nice the end-card.

Thanks @animefan8800 for the pic.

Flybyhacker said:
SHOCKKK !! KUMA SHOCK !!

You've taken the words out of his mouth. XD
Feb 11, 2017 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
Rook81 said:
Dimsheep said:

Considering she chose the RL8 for $4000. Ouch. Since Anchor is a Japanese brand it would only make sense that they would push that model. Since Hiromi seems to like this patchwork bike that might be her bike. The ED has the red Anchor in it I feel that's her bike now instead of the RL8

Finally found some information about Anchor bikes.
Anchor bikes (in Japanese)

Lelouch0202 said:
Well, our girls are off to a rough start but I'm sure they'll bounce back next episode. Let's go cycling club!
You know they will. From what I've seen on most of the clubs, they all had mom bikes while the club had road bikes. They will catch up in no time. I would say they are less than half a lap behind and it's a 30 lap race (30km/18.6 miles). I'd say they are more trained for biking than the other teams.

Nice little cliffhanger of starting behind.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 11, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2016
Another instructional episode but with some racing? Nope.
Feb 11, 2017 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
Hmpf, seems store manager is all about money, not to mention her tail is just unnecessary, I can't really get myself to like her as a character.

And the worse - product placement, product placement everywhere... you know it's just sick when they even tried to advocate those insanely expensive prices in character.

It nice they entered their first race but what about some training first, eh? And all of them stopping waiting for one (three musketeers quoute, here?) who wasn't even able to pack the stand, it's just shows how uncompetent they are (not to mention whole race competition idea to get new members was just ridiculous).

Also, their cycling uniform models were just ridiculous, very slim body and big head on top of that, it felt really unnatural to watch them move.

I'm kinda losing my hope that this series can get any better...
Feb 11, 2017 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
I dont know why, but i laughed when girls just stand still and have motivational speech in a middle of the race.
Feb 11, 2017 6:11 PM
Jan 2017
Well, this was episode felt very rushed: lots of still shots of the team learning in the middle, the cycling animation for the other kids riding looked pretty cheap too. At least we got an explanation for why the bear is riding with them in the opening!

Liked how they were the only school team with cycling uniforms but really werent ready for a competition. The team building needs to be happening outside the competition (Sohouko Fight!), Shika-sensei!

Okay, the gratuitous butt shots and twisted pinup poses can stop right now, thank you very much
Feb 11, 2017 8:55 PM

Jul 2015
Ehhhh she got her bike pretty early into this episode and the girls got their uniforms which looked pretty nice. And we got the race started with everyone gunning for a spot passed the Bicycle club, which makes sense. Beat the team that is actually suppose to be there and you should get some recognition. Guess we'll see how they did next episode. Also god dang that club room looks good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 12, 2017 12:08 PM

Dec 2016
Free bikes, Free bikes for everyone!
Overdrive = MC gets a free bike for being awesome, Yowamushi Pedal MC has gotten TWO free bikes. And now the MC in this series.

...I'm starting to see a cliche starting here lol.

I'm a little surprised that the most athletic and the most experienced riding a road bike is the one who choked at the begging of the race.
Feb 12, 2017 9:09 PM
Jun 2015
Dimsheep said:

Unfortunately I felt exactly the same as you and was waiting and waiting ..... for some actual damn cycling! ok so they wasted TWO episodes picking bikes that no student can really afford and even someone working would really have to plan ahead to go buy a four digit priced bike. (any bike store that did that to customers wont be in business for long, scaring them away with that level of pricing!) Fine you all got bikes lets do some training rides that'll be fun to watch them discover things they didn't know about on their bikes...... DAMMIT you give me a few seconds clip art and call it a day!? fine I guess they wanted to get to the race after one day of training vs some sports teams that are pretty strong physically already but on mamachari's. ok let's go....... oh the most seasoned rider messes up? aaaand end of the episode. Wow, my new game with this anime is to see when is this cycling anime going to actually be about cycling instead of "shopping for bikes, looking for club house, starting a club, and other things aren't actually riding a bikel" I can't include that race with the 2nd year up that hill, that's not really cycling just a quick challenge that you can really fit into any anime storyline, most of that episode was just talking about stealing members anyways.

This anime has nothing on Long Riders.
for a girl team cycling anime Long Riders was soooo good to watch. I've actually rewatched the episodes again because it was so relaxing and fun, they're dealing with actual cycling issues and challenges and seeing really amazing places that I bet alot of us here would want on their bucket list now.
Azrealx91Feb 12, 2017 9:17 PM
Feb 13, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2008
Cbr_Star said:
Overdrive = MC gets a free bike for being awesome, Yowamushi Pedal MC has gotten TWO free bikes. And now the MC in this series.
I don't see them as getting a free bike than the bike shop becoming a sponsor and supporter of the club. In YP, he was the past president and was more than happy to give them the necessary tools to keep winning.

As for MC getting a free bike? I believe that this is just a loner for the time being. She'll have to return it eventually.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 13, 2017 7:39 PM

Dec 2016
Dodecahedron-O24 said:
Cbr_Star said:
I don't see them as getting a free bike than the bike shop becoming a sponsor and supporter of the club. In YP, he was the past president and was more than happy to give them the necessary tools to keep winning.

As for MC getting a free bike? I believe that this is just a loner for the time being. She'll have to return it eventually.

In Overdrive, the MC "Uses" the clubs "Loaner" bike which just happens to be a Trek! = Free bike.

In YP, OK the shop owner lent him a vintage road racing bike, which might only be worth $100 bucks? But in the new season his team member has bought him a over $2000 Carbon bike. =Free BIKE!

Now the MC of this series is getting a free bike too!

Why is it a free bike? Well the shop is a Business, and the only purpose of a business is to make money. It would be different if the shop was truly sponsoring them by having them wear their logo's etc,(Which is advertising) but they are not.
A more realistic scenario would be if the shop was renting or leasing them a bike at a huge discount to help them out.
Feb 14, 2017 5:35 PM
Mar 2012
you know, timed competition should at least have a sense of urgency... Race part was so slow, and they start smalltalk casually in the middle of the path, did they forget they need to catchup or the club gets disbanded?
At least Kuma finally debut.
Feb 15, 2017 4:09 AM

Nov 2012
the cosplay club guy made this episode.
and lol at the coincidences in this series.. now there happens to be a race at their school just when they were looking for an activity to do :p
Feb 19, 2017 9:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Was the pedal stuck because it looked like it?

If Korone used old parts to improve Hiromi's bike, why not just give it to her for free. It's not like she's going to those old parts.

The girls sure took their sweet time to get back in place after Higa fell down.

The race itself sounds pretty nice, always great to see night racing. The girls sure are put in a tough spot. They gotta make up for lost time. Overall it was an enjoyable episode.

Mar 13, 2017 5:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the cycling maillot was great, although the episode was boring!!!1
Jun 5, 2017 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
Cool, night criteriums are fun
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 25, 2020 4:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The uniforms are pretty cool, the race too but too bad it starts badly for them
Apr 22, 2021 1:36 PM

Feb 2020
They look so beautiful in their uniforms. <3 Yuika did a very good job with the design.

The bear from the OP finally made the first appearance. It's pretty amusing seeing a bear riding a bike.

Poor Natsumi. Her race didn't start too well. I'm glad they managed to fix the situation. Hopefully they'll able to catch the others up.

SerafosJan 1, 11:57 AM
Apr 23, 2022 9:43 PM

Jan 2021
I don't know what that one girl's problem was with the pedal but it's just a race, go ahead and take all the time you need to re-affirm you're all teammates and support each other. No rush.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

36 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 24, 2023 6:02 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

33 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

38 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:19 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.