Forum Settings
Forums
Happiness
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2017 7:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
They really shouldn't of taken Gosho's scarf off. Sigh. At least she took it cool like a mature girl.

Trying to live a normal life isn't easy. I bet someone else is going to get suspicious of her real soon.
Feb 10, 2017 7:38 AM

Jan 2012
Well I'm glad she lived. That timeskip came outta nowhere though! XD
Feb 10, 2017 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
Here I thought I had missed a few chapters or something, that timeskip definitely came out of nowhere, well at least Gosho lived. :)

I assume Okazaki was experimented on for these 10 years and he'll somehow escape now or something.
Feb 10, 2017 9:10 AM

Aug 2016
What happened to Yuki? what a huge timeskip. wonder what is up with Gosho's co-worker hmmm
Feb 10, 2017 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
Never expected a timeskip, specially this early.
Feb 10, 2017 4:11 PM

Mar 2015
Oshimi Shuzo is slated to come up with a new manga pretty soon. Given that crazy timeskip I hope it doesn't mean Happiness's plot will go to shit or that it will get axed alltogether....
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Feb 10, 2017 5:04 PM

Dec 2015
RVDA said:
Oshimi Shuzo is slated to come up with a new manga pretty soon. Given that crazy timeskip I hope it doesn't mean Happiness's plot will go to shit or that it will get axed alltogether....

I also heard about the new Chi no Wadachi manga but does anyone know if Happiness will still continue to be published alongside the new story (or at least an irregular time schedule or something) or if he'll finish it beforehand?
Feb 10, 2017 6:21 PM

Sep 2016
I usually expect time-skips to come up around chapter 50 or around 100. If not then they're a cheap way to make something happen and waste time instead of putting effort into developing characters. I really wasn't expecting one this early in. I hope there's a reason for it because there could've been a lot of things to keep us in the previous time; Nora's past, Okazaki's experimentation and what happened to Yuki and Shuzo? Those might be elaborated on in this time and I feel like time-skips are a cheap way to skip developing a character. My main concern is what will Okazaki be like now after being experimented on for ten years? Will he be evil and think all humans are bad and deserve punishment; will we get to see what he went through to become what he is? Is this why the time-skip was so early? I guess we'll see.
Feb 11, 2017 1:27 AM

Mar 2015
Demon0fAnime said:
I usually expect time-skips to come up around chapter 50 or around 100. If not then they're a cheap way to make something happen and waste time instead of putting effort into developing characters. I really wasn't expecting one this early in. I hope there's a reason for it because there could've been a lot of things to keep us in the previous time; Nora's past, Okazaki's experimentation and what happened to Yuki and Shuzo? Those might be elaborated on in this time and I feel like time-skips are a cheap way to skip developing a character. My main concern is what will Okazaki be like now after being experimented on for ten years? Will he be evil and think all humans are bad and deserve punishment; will we get to see what he went through to become what he is? Is this why the time-skip was so early? I guess we'll see.

I agree that it's super early for a time skip to happen, let alone a TEN-year time skip.

Happiness is (to my very personal taste obviously) one of the best manga to have come out in the recent years so I'd be fucking bummed if the plot goes to shit. And well, this asspull so early on isn't reassuring at all.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Feb 11, 2017 4:10 AM

Sep 2016
RVDA said:
Demon0fAnime said:

I agree that it's super early for a time skip to happen, let alone a TEN-year time skip.

Happiness is (to my very personal taste obviously) one of the best manga to have come out in the recent years so I'd be fucking bummed if the plot goes to shit. And well, this asspull so early on isn't reassuring at all.

In my opinion; It's about mediocre. I like vampires, but at times the story goes in so many different directions. I kind of get this artist has a different visual than most Mangaka, but we don't see a lot of the MC and when we do he doesn't do a lot (development wise; he just gets worse) the other characters seem to be doing better in developing than the main; mostly Gosho.

Now with the time-skip we won't know what to really expect from it as it's ten years from the present time when we had an idea of what was going. Even now it was still confusing of what was happening. The MC's thought process was just all over the place.
Feb 11, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2013
10 year timeskip out of nowhere :O
Gosho has lived safely so far but now stuff will resurface.
Feb 11, 2017 11:44 AM

Nov 2015
That timeskip was unexpected. That was a dick move, what they did to Gosho.

Feb 11, 2017 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
Wow yeah that was unexpected both the time skip and the plot of this chapter, I've always thought Gosho would be the last man(woman) standing at the end of this manga since survival and death are a major theme in this manga but had also expected the manga to go on for awhile. I'm hoping the time skip is just a plot device where they show both future and past, if they keep on like this and the rest of story takes place during the 10 year time skip I'll be greatly disappointed and it will be obvious that the mangaka wants to end or drop the manga soon.
Feb 14, 2017 6:02 PM
Jul 2015
Maybe the story until now was like a introduction, i think the point was to let makoto fucked up and them bring him back to fight his past but now hes no more the gentle boi he used to be, now hes SAVAGE
Feb 16, 2017 8:09 AM

Dec 2014
The timeskip is what ruined Aku no Hana. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if a timeskip ruins this one too.
Feb 19, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, quite a big timeskip, and totally wasn't expecting it after last chapter.

It could turn out interesting tho.
Mar 1, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2016
i actually like the timeskip in this, hopefully it means that okazaki was imprisoned and maybe tortured/experimented on for 10 years and somehow gets out? could get really interesting man.
Oct 4, 2017 5:04 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty irritated with the timeskip... but I'm feeling like Gosho may have actually been turned into a vampire back then. Not sure, but that guy made a good point that it IS on her jugular. Seems odd that she survived, even with the power of love.
May 5, 2021 9:15 PM

Jan 2020
That's a pretty brutal scar ngl

May 30, 2022 2:57 PM

Jul 2008
Time-skip again. I like the pace of this. After having read Mari, The Flowers of Evil, and Happiness, I have probably enjoyed Happiness the most. Hope Oshimi Shuzo can keep it up.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Chapter 47 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

6 by slorgansmorgan »»
Jan 22, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Happiness Chapter 30 Discussion

Jacksnapp - Jul 24, 2017

10 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:27 AM

» If you love your characters to suffer

removed-user - Oct 19, 2023

4 by 10Animehk »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Happiness Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

18 by Stardust1526 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Happiness Chapter 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Felix-san - Mar 9, 2019

53 by Adnash »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.