Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2017 6:41 PM

Jun 2008
I feel like DC has the more legendary comic book stories, like Watchmem, TDKR, V for Vendetta, Sandman, Superman Red Son, the long Halloween, kingdom come

Has the better animated Series/Movies with the Timmverse, Young Justice, and it's direct to DVD films like Under the Redhood, Wonder Woman, Flashpoint

And though it doesn't have as many movies as Marvel, it's best films are much better than Marvels. Like a history of violence, Nolan Batman trilogy, Christopher Reeves Superman films, Watchmen, V for Vendetta.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2017 6:42 PM
Mar 2011
well here in my nation my first espxrse to anything western cmoics based was marvel via old recoring of teoi spiderman
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 9, 2017 6:44 PM
Mar 2011
21 said:
I feel like DC has the more legendary comic book stories, like Watchmem, TDKR, V for Vendetta, Sandman, Superman Red Son, the long Halloween, kingdom come

Has the better animated Series/Movies with the Timmverse, Young Justice, and it's direct to DVD films like Under the Redhood, Wonder Woman, Flashpoint

And though it doesn't have as many movies as Marvel, it's best films are much better than Marvels. Like a history of violence, Nolan Batman trilogy, Christopher Reeves Superman films, Watchmen, V for Vendetta.

the two moore based moives were some oof the wrst adaptions iv ever seen well that and X Men III
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Feb 9, 2017 6:47 PM

Jan 2009
i think Marvel and DC are equally popular in comics form
but for the cinematic universe releases then ye Marvel is more popular because they make better movies (at the moment)
Feb 9, 2017 6:48 PM
Mar 2011
j0x said:
i think Marvel and DC are equally popular in comics form
but for the cinematic universe releases then ye Marvel is more popular because they make better movies (at the moment)

i of one hated the ant man adaptation

Feb 9, 2017 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
Marvel is only more popular in movies if you ask me. In other fields, I'd say DC wins or they are tied.
Feb 9, 2017 6:54 PM
Mar 2011
Soul-Master said:
Marvel is only more popular in movies if you ask me. In other fields, I'd say DC wins or they are tied.

the new 25 sucked dick for the most part

the resaon DC moices fail so hard is cause tahy tyr ot Miller's dark knight in tone all of them with out the need of

Feb 10, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2013
DateYutaka said:
Soul-Master said:

the resaon DC moices fail so hard is cause tahy tyr ot Miller's dark knight in tone all of them with out the need of

Its new 52, not 25 lel. Agreed tho. New 52 basically shat on everything special about each character
And atm, in comics regard, DC is kicking Marvel's ass big time. Marvel's comics have been severely underperforming.
WolfsbaneFeb 10, 2017 9:55 AM
Feb 10, 2017 9:55 AM
Mar 2011
Soul-Master said:
DateYutaka said:

Its new 52, not 25 lel. And atm, in comics regard, DC is kicking Marvel's ass big time. Marvel's comics have been severely underperforming.

srry for the typo i say laot of the time mavel soires haveen better but thee no seliing cuase there un poular

Feb 10, 2017 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
Most likely because of the success of the recent Marvel movies, compared to DC they do it right.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 10, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
It isn't. DC has the two oldest and most popular superheroes in existence which are Superman and Batman who are both over 70 years old and started the superhero genre. DC had the first live action superhero series which was Adam West Batman in the 60's, DC had the first superhero cartoon which was the Fleischer films Superman animated shorts from the 40's, the first live action superhero movie which was shown in cinema which was Superman and the Mole Men. Both Superman and Batman hit the silver screen and had film franchises before any Marvel superhero. Superman (1978), Superman 2 (1980), Superman 3 ( 1983), Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1982), Batman Forever (1995), Batman and Robin (1997). Marvel was only able to gain so much popularity because of the 21st century boom in superhero movies which Marvel started with Spiderman. Marvel has greater output of 21st century superhero movies than DC thus making it more visible to movie goers however DC has the two oldest , most iconic , most popular superheroes in history.
Feb 10, 2017 5:57 PM

Oct 2015
Marvel is only popular in movies. If fans of the movies wanted to try out the comics because they enjoyed the movies the heroes would be unrecognizable to them. Look at the avengers team from the movies, then look at their current comic counterparts. Thor is a woman, captain america is evil or falcon, iron man is that riri girl and doc doom, and hulk is amadeus cho.

DC is killing it since rebirth though. Can't wait for super sons next week.
Feb 11, 2017 5:40 AM

Apr 2011
Marvel is only winning on the LA movies, which is mainly due to having an incredible head start to their Cinematic Universe and for some reason, DC is trying too hard to catch up and not enough to give a good movie. It's sad to say, considering they've got two of my all time favorite superheroes in the movie, but I can't see Justice League doing anything to stop Marvel's hype train either. They are simply trying to do too much in a single movie.
Feb 13, 2017 7:55 PM

Oct 2014
Marvel is more popular because their movies are very good. Also, their heroes tend to be more "accessible" than DC's heroes who have bigger things to deal with than merely "beat up bad guys and save the day."

DC is trying way too hard for their own cinematic universe but at least they are currently CRUSHING Marvel in the comics media. Marvel also doesn't have any games as good as the Arkham series and their animated shows are very lacking.
Feb 15, 2017 11:00 AM

Feb 2017
In terms of Movies, Marvel can hold directors and actors

DC cannot get a break as far as production and direction go... so jumbled
Feb 15, 2017 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
It allll has to do with the movies, for sure.

Marvel has the upper hand when it comes to creating them, etcetera. On the other hand, DC is struggling to do the same - except they're doing it all wrong, by cramming everything that they possibly can into one single movie.
Feb 15, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2017
marvel is more active in the movie world, they really started to bring back all sorts of suoerheroes who some people never even heard of
Feb 15, 2017 5:51 PM

Jun 2010
I'd say in the comic world, they're about the same

Marvel's more popular in the movie world right now because they're movies are competently made

TV side, Netflix's Daredevil alone is better than anything DC's put on TV or streaming

DC's doing better in gaming but only because of Batman Arkham

DC's always been better with animation and even they're been dropping the ball with crap like The Killing Joke

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7571 by tsukareru »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
11 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Yesterday, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.