Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 10, 2017 7:34 AM

Jan 2009
Tennouji said:
As I'm loving the series, there's something I don't get it. Hana said she doesn't want to be alone, but damn there's Mugi. Her monologue confused me there. Can someone explain her inner thoughts to me?

Hana feels that even though she's occasionally very close to Mugi, they are still miles apart. Their attempt to have intercourse ended in failure, because it was too painful for Hana. And when she was asking in frustration "Why can't we do it?", Mugi responds "Well, obviously because you don't love me". We can see Hana's eyes go wide with shock - is THAT it? She stubbornly denies it: "Okay, then I _do_ like you!" - as if this could be something that could simply be decided like this. But it can't.

Mugi is irritated at that and says that something's wrong with Hanabi, throwing cold water on her. The closeness between them that had resurfaced before is gone again. That's why she doesn't respond to his suggestion to date for real, and leaves when he asks her if she's still a virgin.

Hana doesn't want to be alone, but this failed attempt of sex proved to her that no matter what she may want, she's not in love with Mugi - she's still alone.
Feb 10, 2017 7:40 AM

Sep 2011
Mentar said:
Tennouji said:
As I'm loving the series, there's something I don't get it. Hana said she doesn't want to be alone, but damn there's Mugi. Her monologue confused me there. Can someone explain her inner thoughts to me?

Hana feels that even though she's occasionally very close to Mugi, they are still miles apart. Their attempt to have intercourse ended in failure, because it was too painful for Hana. And when she was asking in frustration "Why can't we do it?", Mugi responds "Well, obviously because you don't love me". We can see Hana's eyes go wide with shock - is THAT it? She stubbornly denies it: "Okay, then I _do_ like you!" - as if this could be something that could simply be decided like this. But it can't.

Mugi is irritated at that and says that something's wrong with Hanabi, throwing cold water on her. The closeness between them that had resurfaced before is gone again. That's why she doesn't respond to his suggestion to date for real, and leaves when he asks her if she's still a virgin.

Hana doesn't want to be alone, but this failed attempt of sex proved to her that no matter what she may want, she's not in love with Mugi - she's still alone.

Thank you so much for the explanation. Poor Hana I hope she should really go for Mugi(And same goes for Mugi although I don't still kinda get his reasoning for still clinging to Akane despite knowing her persona, unless it's really the "falling on her trap" thing).

Feb 10, 2017 8:01 AM
Nov 2016
One thing that I'd like to see is Mugi and Ecchan fck each other. I want to see a straight Ecchan. XD
Feb 10, 2017 8:04 AM

Oct 2013
Sensei really makes me puke...Such a nice, adult behavior she has...not.
Feb 10, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2016
Tennouji said:

Hanabi herself is confused. That's the most important point.
She thinks she is not closed anymore to Mugi, she thinks she doesn't need him anymore, but wanted to do it with him anyway because "they are the same (scum)". It's just her body/her subconscious didn't feel it that way in the bed. Maybe because she couldn't do it, supposedly because she doesn't love him, she felt she can't go back to Mugi to experience this kind of frustration again.
Worse, she had some feelings toward Mugi but Mugi didn't perceive them. He even told her she doesn't have any. That's pretty harsh to someone who said before she wanted to fall in love with him. It's rude and it's almost like rejection. Even though they aren't supposed to have feelings for each other, that was the promise, the reality WAS slightly different. On the other hand, Hanabi trying to use Mugi as deflowering tool is pretty insensitive and rude too.

Mugi might have light growing feelings for Hanabi (he very often thinks about what she would think about him, which is a signal she means something to him) and he is slightly aware of them but don't question this further. He might be partially in denial. Maybe also out of consideration he never tried once to seduce her actually. Showing interest would have helped her falling in love ... BUT he still prefers Akane and for this reason won't toy with Hanabi's feelings (he is not fundamentally bad after all, not like Akane).

Right now they are both out of sync and it looks like Hanabi is falling down.

Well that's the way I look at it. Despite all the inner monologues it's hard to understand and describe every bit of the confusion and the mess they have in their head.
Feb 10, 2017 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
What a bitch, seriously. She did it only because she wanted to break Hanabi completely.
People like this don't deserve to live.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 10, 2017 8:45 AM

Jan 2010
Maan I hope Hanabi and Mugi doesn't end up together. I don't think he deserves her at all.

And holy shit, that ending..
Feb 10, 2017 9:00 AM
Feb 2016
I'm in love with Mugi x Hanabi,idk they'r perfect for me...and this anime is life,can't wait for new episode <3
Feb 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Oct 2009
Good drama in this anime. You don't see that often these days.
Feb 10, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
Well, Akane is horrible, but she's certainly a master in trying to ruthlessly crush people, that's for sure. Either way, it's interesting that Mugi actually knows about this because of the blond girl he went and slept with again, and it's also interesting that he actually chose to do so at all. The fact that he did that is very much at odds with his suggestion to Hanabi of them actually dating, but that kind of seems to me like a bizarre form of desperation. While we only hear Hanabi's monologue about her feelings there at the end, it seems firmly implied that Mugi feels much the same way.
Feb 10, 2017 9:33 AM

May 2014
I dont think I ever hated any anime character more then I hate Akane.
Who the fuck does something like that?!
Even that teacher guy is messed up! How can he not see WTF is going on?!
WTF is this anime doing?!
I dont know how to feel!
I guess that I love that I hate it or something!
I dont know!!
WTF is happening?!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 10, 2017 10:02 AM

Sep 2016
Great episode as usual, Akane is seriously being a straight up bitch & might be one of the characters that I hate most. That ending was good <3 Can't wait for next episode.
Feb 10, 2017 11:06 AM

Sep 2016
Really I don't understand why everyone hates the teacher..she obviously doesn't like a boring life..she wanna live her life to its fullest.. She likes being desired by men..she doesn't wanna be seductive..she wants a strong man..a man that can make her feel the "freedom" that can be a manly man..she knows that she can have any guy that she wants..so she is looking for a strong in depended man that can make her jealous..that can maker her want him badly..when sensei brought akane to hotel she pretended to be jealous of hanabi..just to see his reaction..but he immediately denied that..he fall so easily to her..she probably wanted him to make her feel jealousy that's why she said "its so easy"..and BTW she was so nice to him..well idk..but personally I like these kind of women..who play with men..who want men to have theupper hand in relationship aand try to chase them..they give point to your life..
Feb 10, 2017 11:15 AM

Dec 2009
Epir said:
GenesisAria said:
Are you kidding me? White Album (1 or 2) have nothing on this, and i really liked White Album 2. This is the best drama i've seen in anime... like, ever.
PS: this is love drama not really romance.

I didn't mention either seasons of White Album, I was talking about the separate anime from 2013, called White Album 2, which is my favourite romance anime of all time. The director behind it is working on Kuzu no Honkai which explains why it's so good so far
I was talking about both of them. White Album and White Album 2.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 10, 2017 12:08 PM

Jan 2016
Can someone explain to me why i'm enjoying the hell out of this show? I normally cant stand animes with so much sex but this is diffrent. There is alot more!
Feb 10, 2017 12:37 PM

May 2015
What is wrong with that bitch sensei. Seriously, all the characters are detestable. Even though this show is not easy to watch, I'm kinda enjoying it.
Feb 10, 2017 12:44 PM

May 2010
Akarioru said:
TragicRomance said:
When will we have another Moka episode.

Soon I hope. I really started to like her when I read her POV. I think people who find her annoying now, will sympathize with her later.

True. I really really like her development in the manga (as far as I read) It was really interesting and she quickly became my favorite girl even tho I never really liked her until then (except her character design)
Feb 10, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2014
God, the way they talk in their monologues is so f*cking annoying, no clue why haven't I dropped this garbage yet, to cheesy and pointless for my taste.

Threesome when?
Feb 10, 2017 1:19 PM
Mar 2016
So Hanabi is getting with Ecchan, Mugi is still seeing her sempai and were fuck buddies, Akane did it with Kunai and in the end , Hanabi and Mugi had a hanged sex, man this is like watching a bad version of 50 Shades of Grey.
Feb 10, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2009
I'm glad Mugi isn't as stupid as they think he is. And it's weird that even though he knows Akane is a whore he still wants her. Is that his own senpai's fault? And that's why he went to see her? She just seemed to go along with it after all, kinda like she knew it would come full circle, and he'd start to use people like she used him.

But poor Hana. Can't love who she wants to love, and can't even love those she finds important. She's heartless for being such a nice girl.

PS - Need more Moka. Let's see how she ranks on the "Scum" scale.

Feb 10, 2017 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
Holyyyy shiiiitt, that cliffhanger. Hana slap her in dah face, she completely deserves it

Moka is the only innocent person in the anime
Feb 10, 2017 3:04 PM

Feb 2008
Akane definitely doesn't hold her punches – that one decimated Hanabi. In the process, the latter got pushed a step further in the direction of turning into someone like Akane. Unfortunately, Hanabi lacks Akane's confidence...

Also, Mugi's goddess-tier senpai makes her appearance. In addition to her looks, her insight is commendable. Her relationship with Mugi is peculiar, even depressingly so.
Feb 10, 2017 3:05 PM

Mar 2009
Wow that ending. lol Akane is just the worst. She mentally tortures people. And she enjoys it.
Feb 10, 2017 3:08 PM
Feb 2015
Honestly I ship her with ecchan now, what mugi.
Feb 10, 2017 3:18 PM
Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Holyyyy shiiiitt, that cliffhanger. Hana slap her in dah face, she completely deserves it

Moka is the only innocent person in the anime

After what I've seen in this Anime I doubt that moka is innocent...
Or maybe she is,, I only read a few chapters from the manga.
Feb 10, 2017 3:23 PM
Oct 2015
akane seems alot like albedo imo
Feb 10, 2017 4:16 PM

Oct 2013
This woman's just savage, but damn if not she's entertaining ~ even kinda hilarious when she was complaining how boring Kanai-sensei was(she ain't kiddin' tho...) and then realizing she might get some fun outta this yet. Guy's gonna have his heart broken eventually but he's so naive that I don't feel too bad for him. He's a good guy sure,but too naive for his own good so let this be a harsh lesson.

GG,easy ~ summs it all up.
Feb 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Apr 2015

That was an asshole move right there lel.Hate the bitch
"You are the leaves bathing in the sun, I am the roots that grow in the dark."
Feb 10, 2017 4:58 PM

May 2015
Mich666 said:

Still, he not being jealous at all when she told him she was with another.. I think that's a clear signal he still doens't love her, unlike her. Because that's precisely the reason why she stood up and left his place, because in her eyes he indirectly told her it she is wrong to actually love him.

Well. I don't think so. Mugi seems to develop some kind of feelings towards Hanabi as well. If he hadn't done it, he wouldn't have asked her for real dating, would he?

Anyway, I don't know why but I feel that after this episode Mugi can be considered (I don't know if I can say it) as the most normal character.
Feb 10, 2017 4:59 PM

Dec 2007
That ending was brilliant. Don't get me wrong Akane is a bitch for sure but a very entertaining bitch. She's intentionally causing havoc and I love it. lol
Feb 10, 2017 5:57 PM

Sep 2015
This show is so fucked up. Yet I can't stop watching...
Love the music!
Feb 10, 2017 6:25 PM
May 2016
CrotakuShinobi said:
I dont think I ever hated any anime character more then I hate Akane.
Who the fuck does something like that?!
Even that teacher guy is messed up! How can he not see WTF is going on?!
WTF is this anime doing?!
I dont know how to feel!
I guess that I love that I hate it or something!
I dont know!!
WTF is happening?!

This is absolutely how I feel about this anime, lol
Feb 10, 2017 7:54 PM

Oct 2015
Akane eating her prey as though they are nothing.
Feb 10, 2017 9:27 PM

Aug 2010
The MugixHana scenes are always the hottest. Even though they don't really love eachother the chemistry is there.

What a way to end the episode... Akane the bitch you can't help but love
Feb 10, 2017 9:27 PM

Jan 2013
Nice background storytelling, now we can understand why Hanabi is like this...
At the beginning, i thought that Hanabi was the mature one but i was wrong, now we can clearly see that Mugi is the mature one. Apparently, he always knew how Akane-senpai was but he never told that to anyone. Thanks to that blonde girl, he found out the truth about her.
Can't believe Hanabi slept again with Ecchan :(
Hanabi still manages to stay so cute :3
I pray for her salvation xD
Akane started finally started using the teacher and i feel bad for him :/ He is the one who will suffer. I know she is a b*** but i love how she controls everything/everyone xD

It doesn't matter what Hanabi says/do, she is still the best girl :3 #TeamHanabi
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 10, 2017 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
J4IN98 said:
Just as I expected, Hanabi comes from a complicated family in which she lacked of a paternal figure to give her affection . That explains her obsession with her teacher, which added to the hormonal outbreak of adolescense resulted in her current situation.

Also I feel sad for the teacher because I relate to him more than any other character and the false expectations he gets from Akane will let him down

Couldn't have said that better, now everything makes sense...but i still hope that she will change.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 10, 2017 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
I like how Akane-sensei is showing her scummy nature more and more and is stopping at nothing in doing so. Her "nice person" facade that she showed in the first few episodes is completely shattered, and instead replaced with this despicable arrogant aura that emits from her true personality.

It's always interesting to see such a character in a show, honestly. I'm looking forward to see how things progress from here.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Feb 10, 2017 10:16 PM

Feb 2016
Very interesting. I see they're doubling down on the hot and heavy action, which is fine. I don't mind and I think it draws a more emotional pull from me. Plus it's fitting for confused teenagers.

At any rate, I'm still loving this anime very much, though Akane is posing a real problem in the writing. If she is only here to serve as an antagonistic force, I think it's a waste and drags the whole show down. She really doesn't need to exist, there are already enough problems.
SaucyFeb 10, 2017 10:22 PM

Feb 10, 2017 11:56 PM

Aug 2016
These characters seem pretty fleshed out. Akane-sensei has such a sad pathetic life.
Feb 11, 2017 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
My face literally when Ms. Akane says or does anything...

But I'm also in love with her evilness... mess their emotional lives up girl!!!
UrbanJahtsFeb 11, 2017 12:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2017 1:05 AM

Feb 2012
Given how this show is going so far, no surprise they fleshed out Mugi to not be nearly as naive as he might seem at first - so he knew that Akane was like this, yet he still wants her like hell. Hanabi wants a daddy, yet she wants Mugi, too.
And Akane is a bored, hedonistic sociopath.

Very nice. I love this show so, so much.
Feb 11, 2017 2:53 AM

Jan 2011
Holy hell...
This is the anime of the season for me, hands down, no contest. I doubt anything besides the titans and the punch man has any shot of beating it for anime of the year in my book.

WA 2 has nothing on this. No romance/drama I know has, this is in a league of its own. It simply makes most of the other shows of the genre look like made for children. Why is stuff like this so rare?

How are the Japanese ratings? I REALLY would love to know. The show looks more like a western-style live-action one character and plot-wise, instead of Japanese. Does it get any love in Japan?
Feb 11, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
Mugi didn't make her wet enough
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 11, 2017 3:34 AM

May 2016
Damn bitch??? In the ending she's a real shit. Damn who cares if you had sex?
Feb 11, 2017 7:13 AM

Sep 2016
Does Mei ( the blonde ex girl of Mugi) has a cheloid on her ear? Why does he keep rubbing his ear and biting their ears? Does he have a cheloid fetish? Wtf disgusting
Feb 11, 2017 8:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Snow does tend to make things look pretty though
Pretty tall promise for a child in not crying at all
meaning while she can be sad Hanabi would never cry then eh
Which also means that Hanabi's world until she met her brother was actually pretty grey

Narumi was a pretty person to Hanabi's world then eh
enough in that she broke her promise of not crying to him
But now her brother is now with someone else and her world is now back to what it was before.

Lol Hanabi seeing Akane in place of Ecchan
meanwhile Mugi seems to already know whats been going on
Hanabi underestimates him way too much sometimes lol

So Mugi's GF at the time was aware of Mugi's feelings for Akane at that time eh
not to mention that she's been with multiple people as well
Lol Mugi and his GF just spying on Akane like that
So Mugi does know about Akane then eh

So Akane was also a home tutor to Mugi then eh
I thought that she was just a mid school teacher
Hmm despite that Mugi's opinion of her hasn't changed that much

Lol Akane is damm good at giving out temptations lol
She's also pretty calculating as well lol
well since you were talking about another woman to your gf of course she would be jealous lol

Naturally at that age you would be interested in sex i guess lol
But calling out your ex for that certainly was unexpected
Hmm so before this time her GF was the one that instigated it eh

Looks like the relationship between Mugi and Hanabi isn't as perfect as it was
Now would be a good time for Noriko to come in and snatch him though
At the same time i like how to explore the different relationships that both of them have with other people.

Lol both know each others secret so they are both even at this point
I like how this episode rotates between the viewpoints of three different characters though.

Hmm so What Akane desires the most is freedom eh
while at the same time she hates stating the obvious eh
and being bored as well

Lol it looks like Narumi is't well suited for Akane at all
hmm at the same time it looks like Narumi too has something for Hanabi as well
Man Akane can be so cruel to Hanabi though

Hmm an interesting episode that looked at a variety of things.
So Mugi was aware that Akane is not the perfect teacher than he thought she was then eh. It was funny watching Mugi keep his guard up as Akane tried so hard to temp him. The relationship between Mugi and Hanabi though looks like its starting to change as well. Meanwhile it looks like Akane is still weaving her web around Narumi after finding out that he may have feelings for Hanabi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2017 9:18 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Mugi's old senpai is the best :3 Akane with short hair was cute too though XD So seems like Mugi already knows about her ways but still likes her huh? I guess she knows what she's doing :P I wonder why she never tried anything more even though she was pretty teasing? Hm ... well she was bored with Kanai until he accidentally called her "Hana" huh? Oh boy XD Mugi and Hana scenes were pretty intense too, she wanted to go all the way this time but it clearly wasn't working ... I was surprised that Mugi asked her out properly! I guess if you think about it he does care about her. I think it'd actually be good if they did but I doubt that will happen lol :P That last line ... dang what can I say man, Akane knows how to hit where it hurts :3 Looking forward to the next episode!
Feb 11, 2017 9:31 AM

Mar 2013
Amazing episode. The dialogues and action was particularly great this time around.

MC knows Akane is a slut but how can he still feel drawn towards her lmao
Even tho she did with the dirty old man... (yeah it's a reference to hentai XD)

The last line from Akane was fucking savage lmao
Feb 11, 2017 11:17 AM

Sep 2015
I liked this episode more than last week. I still think Akane is a bit of a weak character. But this definitely served to flesh her out a little more. Basically we saw some vulnerability in her calculating armor during her date with Onii-chan sensei. Also she's as human and relatable as she's ever been when lamenting how boring the man is. "What do you see in him Hana-chan" got a laugh out of me.

More than learning much more about her though, this episode mainly revealed the nature of Mugi's love for her. Given how he acted before when Hanabi tried to confront him over Akane's date, it kind of seemed like he might be deluding himself into only seeing an idealized version of her. But apparently he understands the real Akane very well. And that perceived vulnerability of loneliness is why he's so fixated on her. That was honestly a pretty interesting and even understandable character motivation. And it's good we got that, because Mugi kind of sucked in this episode. First he hooked up with sleazy-senpai, who continues to unimpress as a character. And then his whole "Are you a virgin?" thing with Hanabi was very inconsiderate, cruel even. It seems he still has a ways to go, before those two actually start dating.
Feb 11, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
I wish Hanabi would punch that bitch tbh but that's not her.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.