Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2019 10:06 AM

Feb 2016
As someone who played the original Visual novel Yu-no, see what they have made with ayumi and yuki make my eyes bleed

Original

Remake

This time we'll not see Inoue, Kikuko as ayumi Unfortunately.
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Feb 2, 2019 4:02 AM

Aug 2013
Felix-san said:
As someone who played the original Visual novel Yu-no, see what they have made with ayumi and yuki make my eyes bleed

Original

Remake

This time we'll not see Inoue, Kikuko as ayumi Unfortunately.

It's not THAT bad for Ayumi (I still prefer original design) but Yuuki... That's not even funny.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 2, 2019 5:08 AM
Feb 2016
Can we trsust the director? God i hope the adaptation will go well
Feb 2, 2019 3:27 PM

May 2015
What an extremely dull key visual (aesthetically and composition wise). Just arrange the characters’ faces around a full-body shot of MC while he strikes a pose on a uninspiring background, and done.

It looks like they didn’t even try to make that key visual exciting at all. There is a clear lack of effort put into it.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Feb 16, 2019 6:23 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
They just dropped a new PV at the Crunchyroll Anime Awards.
Feb 16, 2019 9:14 PM

Jan 2015
The new trailer looks really unispiring. My day is ruined.
Rance X is A GOAT.
Feb 17, 2019 7:10 AM

May 2017
barthos said:

What part of it is uninspiring to you?
Feb 17, 2019 2:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I would bet it's the character designs, they look basic and the fact that the trailer doesn't do much to hook you right away, they only showed off the characters for the most part. But that's nothing that would hinder my enjoyment.

Feb 18, 2019 2:14 AM

Jan 2015
ycleped said:
barthos said:

Smudy basically nailed what I thought. I hope the anime betray my expectation but VN adaptation have highest possibility to be a mess show.
Rance X is A GOAT.
Feb 18, 2019 6:42 AM

Oct 2009
I think it's time we all just accept it,

this is gonna suck.

What annoys me is that, as always, people are going to use this anime adaptation as a reflection of the original game. You know, like every other crappy VN adaptation.

Tsukihime 3.0, Umineko 2.0, let's go.

I actually like Yuuki's design the best out of the new ones. It gets his doofy character pretty accurately. Ayumi's new design just makes me sad.
Feb 21, 2019 7:06 AM
Jan 2018
There's a character section now at the official website: http://yuno-anime.com/#character

Only Takuya has a page yet, showcasing some model sheets and a screenshot.
Feb 21, 2019 9:16 PM

May 2017
barthos said:
ycleped said:

Smudy basically nailed what I thought. I hope the anime betray my expectation but VN adaptation have highest possibility to be a mess show.
DaBackpack said:
I think it's time we all just accept it,

this is gonna suck.

What annoys me is that, as always, people are going to use this anime adaptation as a reflection of the original game. You know, like every other crappy VN adaptation.

Tsukihime 3.0, Umineko 2.0, let's go.

I actually like Yuuki's design the best out of the new ones. It gets his doofy character pretty accurately. Ayumi's new design just makes me sad.

Alright, let's slow down here a little. This PV was only introducing characters. All of the moments within that PV also happen within the VN. It wasn't supposed to necessarily generate hype towards the actual story, it was clearly ONLY for introducing characters.

While I did enjoy the old character design, it really wouldn't sell well today. I honestly think the character design of the remake, now being used in the anime adaptation, is a great transformation to modern standards. I don't really see how they look basic (minus Takuya).

And again, how does this PV cause you to think the adaptation will be a mess? Everything in that PV also occurs in the original VN. In fact, since it's being made to sell the remake, there's a very high chance we'll see the majority of scenes adapted 1-to-1, without any embellishing or anime-original differences.
Feb 21, 2019 9:31 PM

Nov 2016
From the Trailer I saw it looks Meh at best. I heard that there is a Hentai version of this And I ain't really surprised. Gonna still watch at least 3 episodes though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2019 11:24 PM
Jan 2018
ycleped said:
Alright, let's slow down here a little. This PV was only introducing characters. All of the moments within that PV also happen within the VN. It wasn't supposed to necessarily generate hype towards the actual story, it was clearly ONLY for introducing characters.

While I did enjoy the old character design, it really wouldn't sell well today. I honestly think the character design of the remake, now being used in the anime adaptation, is a great transformation to modern standards. I don't really see how they look basic (minus Takuya).

And again, how does this PV cause you to think the adaptation will be a mess? Everything in that PV also occurs in the original VN. In fact, since it's being made to sell the remake, there's a very high chance we'll see the majority of scenes adapted 1-to-1, without any embellishing or anime-original differences.

One reason the visuals look so bland compared to Feel's previous works (especially Hinamatsuri and Island) could be that this is their first 2-cour series in a long time, so they're possibly spreading their budget, time and workforce over a larger episode count. As a person who can draw well, I can tell that the issue is less about the designs themselves being generic and more about drawing quality; the 1997 Saturn version had extra CGs with the original designs drawn by obviously less skilled artists and look stiff and generic as hell. Already this looks generally better than the remake art, IMO, if only slightly so.

Although I am concerned about the stereotypical mannerisms by Mio and Kanna briefly showcased in the trailer, the director seems enthusiastic about his vision and the end result actually might even be entertaining in its own way despite some corniness. Kanna seems less of a confused dandere compared to the remake at least. The original game tried to make dialogue realistic to the point that the characters continually go off on tangents during their banter, which is not going to work in a shorter, more streamlined adaptation.
Feb 22, 2019 7:18 AM

May 2017
Laukku said:
ycleped said:

One reason the visuals look so bland compared to Feel's previous works (especially Hinamatsuri and Island) could be that this is their first 2-cour series in a long time, so they're possibly spreading their budget, time and workforce over a larger episode count. As a person who can draw well, I can tell that the issue is less about the designs themselves being generic and more about drawing quality; the 1997 Saturn version had extra CGs with the original designs drawn by obviously less skilled artists and look stiff and generic as hell. Already this looks generally better than the remake art, IMO, if only slightly so.

Although I am concerned about the stereotypical mannerisms by Mio and Kanna briefly showcased in the trailer, the director seems enthusiastic about his vision and the end result actually might even be entertaining in its own way despite some corniness. Kanna seems less of a confused dandere compared to the remake at least. The original game tried to make dialogue realistic to the point that the characters continually go off on tangents during their banter, which is not going to work in a shorter, more streamlined adaptation.

Yeah, in the remake, Kanna seemed dead and emotionless. Here she actually sounds like she has a soul!!
Feb 28, 2019 9:26 AM
Jan 2018
Laukku said:
ycleped said:
Any more news on this?

I've heard absolute zip since the PV was released.

Nothing on the anime as I recall. There are these on the Switch port of the game though:

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/first-look-at-yu-no-for-switch-first-print-bonus-game-yu-nos-great-adventure
https://nintendoeverything.com/yu-no-will-be-released-in-spring-2019-in-japan/

If you're hungry for YU-NO news I recommend bookmarking these Twitter links, last link is to the official YU-NO Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q="YU-NO"&l=en&src=typd
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23YU_NO&src=typd
https://twitter.com/yuno_5pb

Oh, there's an official Japanese-language Twitter account for anime now, too:

https://twitter.com/yuno_anime2019
Mar 1, 2019 7:21 AM

Aug 2014
i'm kinda curious, is this like one of the VNs where there are love routes and he chooses a girl or is it a story with one route that it goes through?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 1, 2019 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
Mezo-RPWPA said:
i'm kinda curious, is this like one of the VNs where there are love routes and he chooses a girl or is it a story with one route that it goes through?

You are traveling between many timeliness and you need to "beat" all routes to see the epilogue which is the best part of this game and simply mind blowing.
All character stories are taking a major part of the main story and they are essential.
After beating the game (with epilogue) you can see the true endings of your favorite girls. It's hard to explain, this game is rather complex. It's not just a VN. Most part of gameplay (except prologue and epilogue) is point and click based. About genres, it's sci-fi mystery erotic melodrama thriller and comedy. Basically all in one, perfectly balanced.
https://youtu.be/_a18D0Quefk (spoilers possible).

It doesn't look that bad. But the only upgrade over original character design is Mio for me.
Generally I don't blame feel for doing this. They just used "modern" design from VN.

BTW, this is how all remakes should be done:
rsc-plMar 1, 2019 8:01 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 1, 2019 8:06 AM

Aug 2014
rsc-pl said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

You are traveling between many timeliness and you need to "beat" all routes to see the epilogue which is the best part of this game and simply mind blowing.
All character stories are taking a major part of the main story and they are essential.
After beating the game (with epilogue) you can see the true endings of your favorite girls. It's hard to explain, this game is rather complex. It's not just a VN. Most part of gameplay (except prologue and epilogue) is point and click based. About genres, it's sci-fi mystery erotic melodrama thriller and comedy. Basically all in one, perfectly balanced.

It doesn't look that bad. But the only upgrade over original character design is Mio for me.
Generally I don't blame feel for doing this. They just used "modern" design from VN.

thanks for letting me know, so it's similar to amagami but with more scifi parts right?

Mar 1, 2019 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
Mezo-RPWPA said:
rsc-pl said:

thanks for letting me know, so it's similar to amagami but with more scifi parts right?

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with Amagami VN. I've only seen the anime adaptation. If it's faithful (I've heard it is), then no. Not at all, because while love stories are essential (you're replaying the same 3 days in alternative time lines, sometimes you're even jumping between them), they aren't your final objective (at least in the main part of this game). You need to collect all "orbs" for your "Reflector" device to be able to enter the epilogue part (which is about 10 hours long).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YU-NO:_A_Girl_Who_Chants_Love_at_the_Bound_of_this_World#Gameplay
This is one of these games that you need to experience by yourself to understand how great it is. I highly recommend the original version (even if remake will be translated), because of getting full experience (no cut off content), phenomenal fan translation and masterpiece OST.
rsc-plMar 1, 2019 8:36 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 1, 2019 8:41 AM

Aug 2014
rsc-pl said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with Amagami VN. I've only seen the anime adaptation. If it's faithful (I've heard it is), then no. Not at all, because while love stories are essential (you're replaying the same 3 days in alternative time lines, sometimes you're even jumping between them), they aren't your final objective (at least in the main part of this game). You need to collect all "orbs" for your "Reflector" device to be able to enter the epilogue part (which is about 10 hours long).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YU-NO:_A_Girl_Who_Chants_Love_at_the_Bound_of_this_World#Gameplay
This is one of these games that you need to experience by yourself to understand how great it is. I highly recommend the original version (even if remake will be translated), because of getting full experience (no cut off content), phenomenal fan translation and masterpiece OST.

Sadly i don't have that much free time to spend on a game, i'll just wait for the anime adaption and hope it is good.
Thx for the help

Mar 2, 2019 9:14 AM

May 2017
Mezo-RPWPA said:
rsc-pl said:

I've seen Amagami SS and can tell you that YU-NO is absolutely nothing like Amagami SS. There are literally zero similarities.

Think more like Steins;Gate. You haven't seen Clannad, but to me, YU-NO is like a mix of Steins;Gate and Clannad.
Mar 2, 2019 10:28 PM
Aug 2018
ycleped said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

I've seen Amagami SS and can tell you that YU-NO is absolutely nothing like Amagami SS. There are literally zero similarities.

Think more like Steins;Gate. You haven't seen Clannad, but to me, YU-NO is like a mix of Steins;Gate and Clannad.

I've heard the stens gate comparison before, but what ways is it like Clannad? Looking forward to this series, haven't played the games before.
Mar 3, 2019 5:41 AM

May 2017
Kade_ said:
ycleped said:

I've heard the stens gate comparison before, but what ways is it like Clannad? Looking forward to this series, haven't played the games before.

There are many similarities but a lot of them are unfortunately spoilers.

I can tell you though that the second half of YU-NO is a lot like the second half of Clannad (After Story).
Mar 3, 2019 6:04 AM
Sep 2016
Well that looks hella bland
1.1.Six
Mar 3, 2019 2:33 PM
Aug 2018
ycleped said:
Kade_ said:

There are many similarities but a lot of them are unfortunately spoilers.

I can tell you though that the second half of YU-NO is a lot like the second half of Clannad (After Story).

Legit? The second half of Clannad AS is one of my favorite anime of all time If YU NO has anyting near that this is gonna be amazing.
Mar 3, 2019 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Kade_ said:

Legit? The second half of Clannad AS is one of my favorite anime of all time If YU NO has anyting near that this is gonna be amazing.

It's not exactly the same kind of story, but the impact and emotions are really similar. If I needed to choose something that could be competing with Clannad (which is my favorite story ever), it would be YU-NO, definitely.
Clannad was clearly inspired by YU-NO in many different ways (and not only Clannad, if I need to be completely honest, I would say that YU-NO is one of the most important and most inspiring VN all time).
rsc-plMar 3, 2019 7:05 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 4, 2019 4:36 AM
Jan 2018
They did some panel where they showed the Switch version (lip flaps yay!) (5:34) and a scene from the anime (13:06 to 14:55):
Mar 4, 2019 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
Laukku said:
They did some panel where they showed the Switch version (lip flaps yay!) (5:34) and a scene from the anime (13:06 to 14:55):

Well, that short part is taken from VN, almost 1:1. Voice acting in original game was better though. And where's the OST? I hope that they will be using original music.

BTW. Something is not right here.
rsc-plMar 4, 2019 5:00 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 11, 2019 9:39 AM

May 2017
The closer it gets to April, the more excited I become for this.
Mar 11, 2019 12:48 PM
Jan 2018
ycleped said:

Me too! Incidentally, April 2nd happens to be my birthday! Being able to watch it streamed in English that day would be just perfect, but there hasn't yet been any info on English streamers, has there? Crunchyroll did post a trailer but that isn't a hard confirmation.
Mar 11, 2019 1:11 PM

May 2017
Laukku said:
ycleped said:

Me too! Incidentally, April 2nd happens to be my birthday! Being able to watch it streamed in English that day would be just perfect, but there hasn't yet been any info on English streamers, has there? Crunchyroll did post a trailer but that isn't a hard confirmation.

I don't know who's broadcasting it, but I don't watch anime from official sources lol
Mar 11, 2019 8:56 PM

Oct 2009
rsc-pl said:
Kade_ said:

It's not exactly the same kind of story, but the impact and emotions are really similar. If I needed to choose something that could be competing with Clannad (which is my favorite story ever), it would be YU-NO, definitely.
Clannad was clearly inspired by YU-NO in many different ways (and not only Clannad, if I need to be completely honest, I would say that YU-NO is one of the most important and most inspiring VN all time).

Yeah, the Steins;Gate and After Story comparison is pretty apt. The thematic core is different, but the... impact?... is very much like AS. (Clannad is my favorite VN and YU-NO is in my top five)

It's a shame more people haven't heard of the game, it's one of the most influential VNs ever. I'd put it up there with Kanon and Tsukihime... perhaps even more fundamentally so.

EDIT: The video above showed clips of some kind of Famicom YU-NO game... any details about that? Looks cute.

Also, not a real fan of Eriko-sensei's redesign... why did they nerf her cigarette, lol? The lollipop just isn't the same.
DaBackpackMar 11, 2019 9:36 PM
Mar 24, 2019 11:26 PM
Jan 2018

Some new animated shots, Takuya walking and Yu-no closing her eyes.
Mar 25, 2019 8:27 PM

Apr 2011
I've almost wrapped up playing the VN on the Elf Classics version. Knowing this is coming out very soon has gots me excited about how it will be executed in 26 episodes.

I personally prefer the original artwork, for the game specifically.

Seeing the new artwork for the game left me miffed, but I do like the new artwork when it's being used for the anime. I don't really like how the chara sprites were drawn in the remake of the game.

Except for Yuuki. His new artwork makes him look like a complete dork; he doesn't look like a bro anymore.
Mar 31, 2019 10:17 AM
Jan 2018
Lol, WTF is this?!?

http://yuno-anime.com/youknow/

Looks like they did a late 1990s-style retro webpage, and it's a subpage in the official YU-NO anime domain. Possibly a tribute to some classic Japanese YU-NO website?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.