Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 8, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
Decent episode, not my favorite.
I'd like to see one of the dragons accidentally, in the most understandable and regretful way, kill a human. And of course be very remorseful, but cause some drama as Kobayashi realizes this isn't all fun and games. That all their talk about destroying humanity and being killers in the past isn't all hyperbole that can be played for laughs. That there is actually some danger in associating with dragons.

Now that would be an interesting dramatic direction that will never happen.
Feb 8, 2017 7:12 PM

Sep 2016
RediceRyan said:
I'd like to see one of the dragons accidentally, in the most understandable and regretful way, kill a human. And of course be very remorseful, but cause some drama as Kobayashi realizes this isn't all fun and games. That all their talk about destroying humanity and being killers in the past isn't all hyperbole that can be played for laughs. That there is actually some danger in associating with dragons.

Now that would be an interesting dramatic direction that will never happen.

Would certainly be interesting, but would make it too heavy, I think. It's still primarily a comedy anime.

As of this day, this is my 3rd favorite anime of all time, after Re Zero and Oregairu... yes, I'm a guy with simple taste.
Feb 8, 2017 7:34 PM

Oct 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
Thematically this episode was one of the weaker ones, considering they just mashed three chapters of extra everyday life things into it.

Personally, I thought it was quite thematically consistent. All three segments went to developing Kobayashi's and Tohru's relationship.

Freya_Magna said:
So , is takiya know he's dealing with dragons ? i mean looking at his reaction, it is hinted like that, but i dont remember kobayashi ever explained to him ...

She didn't directly explain to him, but, out of jealousy and/or overprotectiveness Tohru did reveal her dragon form to him the first time they met.
Feb 8, 2017 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
RediceRyan said:
I'd like to see one of the dragons accidentally, in the most understandable and regretful way, kill a human... ...That there is actually some danger in associating with dragons.

This would be the perfect, pivotal event... for a film.

In a series which is foremost a comedy, as previously mentioned, it's simply too heavy; it'd be the first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions the title a few months/years from now. Now in the format of a movie, that could represent an excellent climax (which could either lead to cutting ties with dragons, or some sort of "positive" resolution where they become part of society and the accident is pardoned altogether).

Perhaps an injury--upon someone other than Kobayashi's superior--would be more appropriate.

Anyway, great episode. Kanna saying "I'm hungry" was adorable, along with her sitting at the table with two spoons clutched in her hands.
Feb 8, 2017 7:43 PM

May 2013
Sande said:
champdude17 said:

It isn't rated low? It's one of the highest this season.

It seems to me that every slice of life show automatically gets a much lower score than your average action one despite how much the reviews or the forums praise it. Most people on the site never seem to give shows like these anything above an 8.

Yeah, It's because of this kind of people that slice of life are not sufficiently highlighted.
And <insert usual rant about MAL's standard>.

Basically, 8 is my basic score for slice of life, cuz I love this genre of anime.
Then I remove or add points depending on what happens during the series*.
And I give the final score at the end of the season/series.

* Even though I have my own way of rating animes.
I don't rate by the animation, the sounds, the musics, the voice acting and blah blah blah.

I rate them by the enjoyment that I had watching them. Nothing more.

I do know that a good animation, musics and whatnot are important, but enjoyment is the key.
An anime could have a god-tier animation, an outstanding OST and an all-star casting, if the story is crap or if I don't enjoy it then I'll rate it low.
Well, if I ever watch it.

Simple is best.
No need for in-depth ratings.

--

Anyway this anime, with Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Gabriel DropOut, Urara Meirochou and Nyanko Days, makes this season one of the best I had since a long time!

Slice of life is best life.
Feb 8, 2017 8:29 PM

Aug 2015
Another great episode, Tohru teleporting to the magic show was hilarious. Looks like Fafnir and Takiya will become Dank Souls buddy. So we have 1 dragon and 1 shotacon that still were't introduced.
Feb 8, 2017 10:13 PM

Jan 2017
Alhakam said:
Great episode, but I LMAO at this

That scene reminded me of sun praising.
Feb 8, 2017 11:28 PM
Sep 2014
Actar said:
We get to see how much Kobayashi begins to get close to Tohru with the former being able to sense the presence of the latter.

If you knew one of your close friends could turn invisible, and a person who's bullying you keeps tripping over for no reason whatsoever, you'd probably come to the conclusion that your friend was tripping him to avenge you too.

rsc-pl said:
So Japanese people are really calling green light 'blue' (like Tooru in this episode) Wow. I thought it was a kind of stereotype.

Btw, another flawless episode.

It's not a stereotype or anything, it's a quirk of the language. "Ao" can mean Blue OR Green, though nowadays it's usually used to mean Blue, for some reason. However, some things have retained the "Ao = Green" thing possibly due to tradition. For example, green traffic lights and green apples.

Linerax said:
Alhakam said:

That scene reminded me of sun praising.

If only I could be so grossly incandescent!
fatalysticFeb 8, 2017 11:32 PM
Feb 9, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
That training montage was just too adorable!

I love the way Kobayashi was going to feed Kanna before Tohru came running to get her share XD

The level of animation is stunning as usual, the short hand-to-hand sparring between Tohru and Kanna was just beautiful to watch animation-wise
Feb 9, 2017 1:39 AM

Jun 2014
Mogami-kun said:
While the episode was funny and absolutely adorable as usual, I also want to praise the way in which it handles more serious subject matters, it's tasteful and not hamfisted, just solemn enough to get the point across and then follow it up with an optimistic viewpoint. Excellent job 5/5.

This! It's nice to see a comedy have actually well done moments, and actual relationships between the characters that are more then just gags
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 9, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2015
pretty decent. That fafnir just blabbering spoiler, so basically it will not end well after kobayashi ded for the dragon since the live longer.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Feb 9, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2016
Aw, Tohru is attached to the human world <3 and all because of one person :3
I'm liking Kanna's friend though, that loli's obsession with Kanna is cute and hilarious at the same time xD
This show never fails to put a smile on my face tbh.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Feb 9, 2017 2:31 AM

Oct 2016
ahh .. another good episode kanna at school is cute and tohru trying to understand more about humans as said by kobayashi .. fafnir and that otaku guy will really get along ..nice episode
Feb 9, 2017 5:20 AM

Dec 2014
tooru magic trick in the end really astonished me and it resulted in a crackle
Feb 9, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Did anyone else notice the random line of codes in the eyecatches? Like For(), of if{} and somesuch.
Anyways Kanna is the winner of the "Pledge to protect" award this season and her friends "ahegao" shots were just gold.
2017 is the magical year legit KyoAni ahegaos became a thing
Feb 9, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
This episode is seemed to go on forever, but in the end, I was left with a bitter taste because nevertheless, lasted little more this marvel. Despite being fairly fragmented the narration, the episode I'm not bored in the least, perhaps because of the many times in which there has been shown Kanna along with his friend Riko. Again it was a parade of humor and sympathy, but did not miss the bittersweet moment, which makes the story so touching and not just fun. I had not the faintest idea that the plot, there was a parenthesis dedicated to Fafnir and his stay in the human world, that fun, that part of the narrative dedicated to he. Drawings and animations, FABULOUS! I want more and more, this anime series.

Alhakam said:

This part of the episode, it's fun.

For now, this is the only series that has so far not had a drop, in every sense, is superior even to LWA TV; but didnt.
Feb 9, 2017 6:52 AM

Dec 2013
Everything great about this anime even when Kanna was trying to eat with the chopsticks she was adorable and cute...

AlhakamFeb 9, 2017 7:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2017 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
I was cheering when Tooru kept tripping that asshole chief... as someone who works under a similar boss but not as mean as this one.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Feb 9, 2017 9:06 AM
Jan 2010
I thought this would be shit from the premise but it's been pretty good actually
Feb 9, 2017 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
-pourmesomepink- said:
Oh my goodness, THIS EPISODE! So dang cute! ヾ(^ ^ゞ

This moment screamed Kyoto Animation touch ☆

Immediately reminded me of Chie-chan

Alhakam said:
Everything great about this anime even when Kanna was trying to eat with the chopsticks she was adorable and cute...

LetMeGifThatForYou

Feb 9, 2017 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
As so many have already said: another great episode. Little things (like Kanna trying to hold a sausage with chopsticks) show the detail KyoAni adds to the show.

Tohru tripping the BadBoss -- PERFECT! Tohru REPEATEDLY tripping the BadBoss -- ROTFLMFAO!!!

Some say, Tohru got the BadBoss fired. I think it was Kobayashi. Notice her non-reaction that next morning when her co-workers were talking about it. SHE KNEW ALREADY (she'd sent the file showing BadBoss abusing his power).

All the parts of it -- the funny and the touching -- make this my favorite anime of the season (and maybe of the year). Great Job, KyoAni!

Cheers, all!
Almost older than dirt
Feb 9, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
Whoa!! Her boss is talking and acting like a gangsta! Lol
Feb 9, 2017 2:16 PM

Mar 2015
champdude17 said:
Sande said:

It seems to me that every slice of life show automatically gets a much lower score than your average action one despite how much the reviews or the forums praise it. Most people on the site never seem to give shows like these anything above an 8.

It's true that many people on this site seem to like slice of life less than other genres, but there are a few exceptions like Nichijou and Sakurasou no Pet. The shows still airing so some people won't rate it until the end, If it stays at the same quality as it is right now I can see this getting in the top 500 easily.

Yeah true. I for one never rate anything until it's finished airing unless it's an OVA where the episodes are like months apart or its a long running series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2017 2:56 PM

Mar 2016
I love when Kanna's friend squeals, (I forget her name), because that's my reaction as well. I was listen to Crunchyroll's video about episodes 1-4. I agree with Victoria, there definitely some sub plot!!!!
- here's the video if you don't know what I'm talking about. https://youtu.be/F3zwpakztOw

Bear taming. :)
UrbanJahtsFeb 9, 2017 3:09 PM
Feb 9, 2017 4:04 PM

May 2016
Good episode. Tooru is such a likable character and her relationship with Kobayashi gets better every episode.

Also, Me and Saikawa are very similar when it comes to Kanna.

Feb 9, 2017 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
Kobayashi's superior was such a d***, glad that he got fired.
Fafnir finally found a friend xD
That magic trick ahahahaha i laughed so hard at that part xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 9, 2017 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
champdude17 said:
Sande said:

It's true that many people on this site seem to like slice of life less than other genres, but there are a few exceptions like Nichijou and Sakurasou no Pet. The shows still airing so some people won't rate it until the end, If it stays at the same quality as it is right now I can see this getting in the top 500 easily.

You're right, animes like this usually don't get more than 8, people simply don't give them a chance. But i think that this anime is doing great, i'm loving it and it seems that most of you too. Its current score is pretty good. I usually rate animes when they end but i can say now, this one is an 8.
People mostly prefer action animes etc but animes like these always have their specific fanbase, so no worries ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 9, 2017 5:53 PM

Apr 2016
Laughed my ass off when Tohru teleported into the magic trick on TV. This show is a treasure.
Feb 9, 2017 8:24 PM

Jun 2015
Hilarious episode! Tohru and Kobayashi are just adorable as always, tripping her boss up was great; I hope this relationship continues to progress. Looks like Fafnir is about to become a serious gamer otaku now, hopefully he gains some more DS skills in the process! And omg every time Riko freaked out over Kanna's cuteness lol xD
Feb 9, 2017 9:47 PM

Sep 2012
- fucking died laughing @ touhru trolling
Feb 10, 2017 12:59 AM

May 2010
Tooru is best girl. The looks she was giving to Takiya, hilarious.

Dammit loved when she dropped the president to the ground.

"Because Kobayashi-san is one of them." I died. One of best girls this season.

With this Fafnir x Takiya can sail too, just kidding. But I wouldn't mind if it did.

Best episode so far. Pretty much perfect.
TragicRomanceFeb 10, 2017 1:03 AM
Feb 10, 2017 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
Well dang, apartment got wrecked so suddenly. And I remember the Chief being a jerk in the manga but my god I don't remember him looking like such a turd of a human being as that, god dang. He seriously looks like a bossy piece of crap here. I like that. Happy to see Tohru tripping him, he deserved it. And Fafnir is finally moving in with Takiya. And for the final bit, we got a training montage as the dragons tried to figure out how to use ESP. In other words, another excellent episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 10, 2017 5:29 AM

Apr 2016
Yep this is my new AOTS now.
Feb 10, 2017 5:39 AM
Mar 2015
Does anyone know how to do that spoon trick??? Im kinda curious since Kobayashi do it like its a normal thing
Feb 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Jun 2016
Each episode gets better and better, I love this anime so much!

I had to re-watch this scene twice. Probably my favorite moment in the episode next to Kanna trying to pick up food with the chopsticks.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Feb 10, 2017 11:19 AM

Sep 2013
Kobayashi's boss a scumbag but Tohru puts him in his place :)
ESP and magic trick, Tohru wants to stay in the human world and fafnir came for video games XD

#smug
Feb 11, 2017 12:59 AM

Dec 2012
Takiya and his crazy glasses is the best. I was sure Fafnir was here to play video games :D
Feb 11, 2017 2:20 AM
Sep 2014
Manckx said:
Some say, Tohru got the BadBoss fired. I think it was Kobayashi. Notice her non-reaction that next morning when her co-workers were talking about it. SHE KNEW ALREADY (she'd sent the file showing BadBoss abusing his power).

It's indeed Kobayashi who got him fired. The anime cut out a line in the manga where she tells Tohru not to mess with her boss again, because she'll "take him down" when she gets the chance. Which is immediately followed by the scene with her colleagues talking about their boss getting fired.
Feb 11, 2017 5:02 AM

Apr 2015
really great episode...
thank god Tohru can hold back not to kill the chief...
the conversation between Tohru and Fafnir kinda deep... like it
I bet Fafnir will become an Otaku like Takiya in 1 month... lol
really like when Tohru teleported to the magic show... lol
Feb 11, 2017 5:48 AM

Jan 2015
Hard day at work, not to mention looking at Kobayashi scolded in front of other employees like that. No wonder Tohru agitated like that.
The Idea of letting Fafnir stayed with Takiya, I gotta say that's a brilliant idea. Since Fafnir only attract to the game Takiya have.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 11, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
Tooru is amazing!
Now Fafnir is also living among humans haha
Feb 11, 2017 7:12 PM

Dec 2010
watching these episodes always make my day!, I love how cute every character in this show
Feb 11, 2017 11:42 PM
Jul 2018

dem images and gifs... KyoAni is doing a fine job in adapting the manga.

Decent episode, nuff said. Too bad, no Quetzalcoatl this time. Hoping to see more of her on future eps. And when will Elma make her appearance?
Feb 12, 2017 11:46 AM

Sep 2015
Can't get over Kanna's kawaii-ness ;-; such a great idea having her go to school!
Feb 12, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
I want an episode focused on Kanna in school (or kindergarten or whatever that is).
Feb 12, 2017 11:41 PM
Sep 2014
TrashDax said:
I want an episode focused on Kanna in school (or kindergarten or whatever that is).

She's in grade school.
Feb 13, 2017 4:50 PM

Nov 2014
Alhakam said:

That was definitely a highlight of the ep holy shit,

Also I want to see more of Fafnir in his new house pls
Feb 17, 2017 7:25 AM

Oct 2008
LOL poor crows, Tooru totally destoyed obliterated and annihilated them! and then repaired the dorm afterwards!
LOL at the name of the company: JIGOKUmeguri System Engineering (Inc.) is this a hell company?
that chief got himself a deserving fired at work for abusing his authority...LOL at him tripping so many times because of Tooru.
Saikawa, Riko had three times Ahegao facial expression for her love at Kanna this entire episode!
Fafnir just want to play more games!
LOL at the last part! Tooru interfered with the magic show!
5/5.

Feb 20, 2017 12:10 AM

Oct 2013
Gdi, Tohru showing up in the TV was so fuckin funny lmao.
Feb 20, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
I liked the part when Tohru kept tripping Kobayashi's boss.

The training bit was also amusing.

Screen time for Kanna at school was scarce but those bits were good. That brown-haired kid is really a sucker for Kanna's cuteness.

But I said it before and I'll say it again: Kobayashi should show more emotions, and this show could use some nudity/ecchiness. It would be twice as good.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

169 by _untitled »»
Mar 31, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.