Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Tooru's fantasy delusions revolving around Kobayashi just never ends.

I kinda like how this episode goes into more depth about Kobayashi's life at work. Her boss is annoying tbh. I think his personality pissed off Tooru quite a bit. I mean who can blame her? That boss really has an irritating attitude. I can't help but laugh when Tooru trolls him.

Riko's fangirling for Kanna is pretty amusing still. Kids these days..
Kanna's curiosity about the human world never ceases to amuse me. This week, psychic spoon bending!
Feb 8, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2010
Ahahahh Tooru is still so hilarious. I laughed more than i should when she and Fafnir whipped out the gigantic chunk of gold lmao
At least Fafnir's got his gaming bro now. He was so antsy and eager to play more games as soon as Takiya's face showed up ahahah

But anyways, I connect with Riko on an emotional level when it comes to Kanna.
She's adorable!
cottonpieFeb 8, 2017 9:37 AM
Feb 8, 2017 9:23 AM
Apr 2016
Tooru is so adorable but kanna is over 9000 more!!

love the show looking foward for next episode!
Feb 8, 2017 9:29 AM

Jan 2016
The episode today was adorable, showing Kobayashi at work was interesting ^^ Kobayashi's [old] boss got what he deserved >:D

Fafnir wants to destroy humanity but yet he feels closer to one, the freaky Takiya xD That dragon will end being a gamer lol

And Kanna is cute as always :3 The part where Tooru was trying to get mind powers was amusing xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 8, 2017 9:30 AM

Jan 2012
Another very strong batch of segments. I knew Fafnir was after the games all along. XD
Feb 8, 2017 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
While the episode was funny and absolutely adorable as usual, I also want to praise the way in which it handles more serious subject matters, it's tasteful and not hamfisted, just solemn enough to get the point across and then follow it up with an optimistic viewpoint. Excellent job 5/5.
Feb 8, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2008
OMG. How much more awesome can this series get? It's like every new episode tops the last... Even without a focus on Kanna, Tohru and Kobayashi have such an amazing relationship with each other.

- We've always seen how Tohru fawns over Kobayashi, but this time, it's the other way around. We get to see how much Kobayashi begins to get close to Tohru with the former being able to sense the presence of the latter. We actually get to see how Tohru has been making a difference in Kobayashi's life and Kobayashi's "I've already forgotten." in reference to her life before Tohru just encapsulated everything perfectly. (I loved how Tohru especially showed restraint with the boss.)

- The scene with Fafinir was to me, the highlight of the show. It actually addressed a question I had about the difference in their life spans and I don't think Tohru's answer could be any more perfect or poignant. The whole "can you kill humans" bit was stunning. (This answered some questions on how Kanna was able to attend school as well.) FAFINIR'S DRAGON FORM IS AMAZING.

- Goodness... that extended spoon bending sequence/metaphor that went to deepen characterization. Talk about getting the most out of your gags! Once again, Kobayashi's perceptiveness is superb and her trying to reach out to Tohru again showed her deepening love for her. The length of the gag just goes to emphasize how desperate Tohru was...

- The running joke with Kanna and Saikawa!!! I loved how they were self-aware enough to cut off more and more of Saikawa's orgasms each time and man was it beautiful. This is definitely building to some amazing payoff and I CAN'T WAIT.

Preview:

DAT FAFINIR SHORYUKEN.
ActarFeb 8, 2017 10:23 AM
Feb 8, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2015
Tooru visiting Kobayashi at her work was nice. The guy constantly tripping was hilarious. I'm glad her boss got fired. He was a prick to Kobayashi. The training montage was funny. Tooru wanting to understand humans more brings more character for her. Her appearing at the magic show was great. Fafnir ends up living with Takiya so he can play video games.
Feb 8, 2017 10:13 AM

Jan 2015
Another flawless and hilarious episode
Feb 8, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
Just like the other four episodes so far, this was excellent. It certainly seems like the show has really hit its stride on all character fronts, and with that in mind it will surely only get even better.
Feb 8, 2017 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
Maaaan, this show is definition of underrated. It keeps getting better and better with each episode. If it continues like this, it may very well become one in my top 10.
Feb 8, 2017 10:28 AM

Oct 2008
begija said:
Maaaan, this show is definition of underrated. It keeps getting better and better with each episode. If it continues like this, it may very well become one in my top 10.

I noe rite? Already, it has the potential to get the first 10/10 rating from me since forever. This is one of those "buy all the merchandise if they actually produce any" kind of shows.
Feb 8, 2017 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
Actar said:
begija said:

I noe rite? Already, it has the potential to get the first 10/10 rating from me since forever. This is one of those "buy all the merchandise if they actually produce any" kind of shows.

Well, I rate 10/10 quite often, but this will be like "11/10" kind of 10/10, if that makes any sense :D
Feb 8, 2017 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
begija said:

Top10? This became my favorite already, fuck Clannad, fuck S;G, bullshit shows without moe :c

Honestly, this episode was as good as always even with a feely scene, I liked it, can't wait for the characters backstory.

NINJAEDIT: "Don't run into a car Kanna..."
Feb 8, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
Cirno9 said:
begija said:

Top10? This became my favorite already, fuck Clannad, fuck S;G, bullshit shows without moe :c

Honestly, this episode was as good as always even with a feely scene, I liked it, can't wait for the characters backstory.

NINJAEDIT: "Don't run into a car Kanna..."

More like: "Don't run into Kanna, car" :D
Feb 8, 2017 10:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Quite tame episode.

I liked Tohru and Fafnir today.

I have a feeling that Riko likes Kanna ;)
Feb 8, 2017 10:39 AM

Dec 2016
The boss definitely deserved all that.

Video games, they can bring anybody together.

It was fun watching Tohru & Kanna do all that training.

That was so funny watching Tohru come out of that box and the reaction of Kobayashi.
Feb 8, 2017 10:40 AM
Feb 2017
Once again this show tops my expactations

That episode was so very heartfelt, especially Fafnirs an Tohrus discussion about humans and Tohru having changed was beautifully done. Tohru is amazing and I really hope she and Kobayashi will at least get a big hug at the end of the season (I'm sadly enough sure that they wont actually make these two canon, so thats the next best thing).

Fafnir the supposedly dangerous dragon whos actually just a video game addict was great too.
Feb 8, 2017 10:43 AM
Feb 2009
they handle the conversation between tohru n fafnir very well

truely, this series is the most unexpected gem of this season
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 8, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode, but I LMAO at this
AlhakamFeb 8, 2017 10:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2017 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
Kanna trying to eat her wiener with the chopsticks at the beginning of the episode, lol. Fafnir's normal human form's natural way of standing around is like he's holding a game controller. great episode as usual
Feb 8, 2017 10:58 AM

Jul 2009
Alhakam said:
Great episode, but I LMAO at this

Lmao, I've laughed so hard at this to the point of waking up my neighbors. Great episode by the way.
Feb 8, 2017 11:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
THIS IS SOOOOO KAWAII 8D
Feb 8, 2017 12:10 PM

Feb 2016
Laughed out loud several times during the episode. Why is this show rated so low? I'll never understand the MAL userbase.
Feb 8, 2017 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode!
Feb 8, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
Sande said:
Laughed out loud several times during the episode. Why is this show rated so low? I'll never understand the MAL userbase.

It isn't rated low? It's one of the highest this season.
Feb 8, 2017 1:12 PM

Feb 2014
champdude17 said:
Sande said:

Just wait until this show ends, and the score, assuming that the show continues being awesome as it is right now, should make a massive jump up the rankings. It'll happen eventually. =)

Onto the episode now and boy oh boy, was it excellent! ^_^

Tohru got to look at Kobayashi's workplace for the first time and at first glance, she was impressed, until the bald bastard came along and became an absolute nuisance to her. Tohru's angry expressions were scary, but her plan to get revenge on behalf of Kobayashi by tripping him over and over again was funny. Then the guy got the sack as well, most likely thanks to Tohru once more. =)

Fafnir makes another appearance and it was understandable that he would ask if Tohru wants to remain in the human world and stay with Kobayashi to the day she dies, but Tohru doesn't seem worried about it at all. Enjoying making the memories with everyone around her in the present and in the future would be worth it.

At least she was able to help him crash at Takiya's place so that he can play many more video games.

Riko's orgasmic face, thanks to her affection for Kanna, makes many more appearance here in this episode as a running gag, but the show is fully aware about the gag becoming a bit repetitive, so they gave Riko's orgasmic face less and less screentime the more it appeared. Clever... =P

I'm not sure how many episodes there are left of this show, but regardless if it's 7 left or more, I'll be happy with any as long as the episodes themselves leave me laughing along with the jokes, smiling at the character interactions, being addicted to the small actions scenes and after each episode ends, a feeling of pure satisfaction and bliss. Keep up the good job, KyoAni! =D
Feb 8, 2017 1:14 PM

Feb 2016
champdude17 said:
Sande said:

It seems to me that every slice of life show automatically gets a much lower score than your average action one despite how much the reviews or the forums praise it. Most people on the site never seem to give shows like these anything above an 8.
Feb 8, 2017 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
Lmao the boss is tripping . Tohru is incredibly sweet and funny . Fafnir found his gaming bro . Even riko can't handle kanna cuteness. She succumbed to it long ago. Also liked the programming transitions with "if"
Feb 8, 2017 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
Sande said:
champdude17 said:

It seems to me that every slice of life show automatically gets a much lower score than your average action one despite how much the reviews or the forums praise it. Most people on the site never seem to give shows like these anything above an 8.

It's true that many people on this site seem to like slice of life less than other genres, but there are a few exceptions like Nichijou and Sakurasou no Pet. The shows still airing so some people won't rate it until the end, If it stays at the same quality as it is right now I can see this getting in the top 500 easily.
Feb 8, 2017 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
So Japanese people are really calling green light 'blue' (like Tooru in this episode) Wow. I thought it was a kind of stereotype.

Btw, another flawless episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 8, 2017 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, the teleportation trick part was hilarious.

Riko and her orgasms.

Episode had some really nice moments with Tohru and Kobayashi too. Tohru quality waifu material.
Feb 8, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2017
We all know the extreme fascination of Tohru for Kobayashi, but in this episode we are able to see the first signs of affection of Kobayashi for Tohru, I like it.

Seriously, this anime is getting into my TOP 5 easily, every episode is such perfect but this in particular is technically flawless.

Now all I want to see is the final dragon entering in scene.
Feb 8, 2017 2:23 PM

Feb 2015
I love this show so much >.< so very cute
Feb 8, 2017 2:25 PM

Sep 2016
that short segments of that shiny forehead ahegao loli lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 8, 2017 2:26 PM

Mar 2008
Tohru is so endearing even if she's always bent on destroying humans. Though seems Kobayashi is peeling away some of her layers by sensing Thoru's desires to understand people and maybe some insecurities. Who would have thought this show could be so funny and heartwarming.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Feb 8, 2017 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
Loving this anime by each passing episode. I thought Fafnir was an okay person until he turned out to be a closet otaku! But the grim reminder that dragons outlive average human beings was extremely touching seeing how Tooru is ready to accept such fate when the time comes.

Loved it how Tooru took the chief out by tripping him constantly. I was laughing and enjoying it so much. This is the only anime this season that has moments worth going back and have a re-watch. The value for re-watch is so rewarding in this anime.

The small segments with Saikawa and Kanna were funny and adorable.

And this anime always seems to find the best way to end an episode:

5/5 yet again.

rsc-pl said:
So Japanese people are really calling green light 'blue' (like Tooru in this episode)

The word Ao is used for both blue and green in Japanese. While they have specific word for green (i.e. Midori), they use Ao to represent objects that can be either blue or green. Midori is used more often than not in names of places, objects, people. For example Aoyama means a green mountain while Midoriyama doesn't mean a green mountain but it's the name of a mountain.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 8, 2017 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
sugar level in my blood after every ep tho...ill be dead in half a century

why do i feel like the gay romance is making people like this even more ? is it bc shows with natural gay romance are so rare ?
Feb 8, 2017 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
Another stellar episode in this gem of a series. What I find most adorable about Tooru is how naive she is. Tooru is an innocent that can obliterate civilization if she feels like it, but is now starting to see the other side of humans. The scenes where she was watching Kobayashi and her co-workers was great.
Feb 8, 2017 3:15 PM

Apr 2010
So Touru destroyed a lot of spoons and fixed them again in the and, magic tricks aren't her thing.
Her appearance in the show was funny tho.
Also that boss had it tough with her around.
Feb 8, 2017 4:20 PM
Jan 2015
This episode was more gold. The antics (esp) were magnificent lol(maid in a box). It also highlighted the effects of torus time with humans. She acting a bit less like a dragon. Kanna also got all those funny adoration expressions from her friend xD.
Feb 8, 2017 4:23 PM

Dec 2013
Thematically this episode was one of the weaker ones, considering they just mashed three chapters of extra everyday life things into it. In terms of plot progression only Fafnir's segment had any use in that direction. Still, it didn't make the execution of the entire episode or the jokes portrayed any less funny though. This episode was a perfect gem, make no mistake about that. The hilarity was on point and perfectly executed. They adapted every scene perfectly.

Was a bit surprised by the mini Saikawa/Kanna skits since they weren't from the manga, but once I got used to that being a running gag, it became another nice staple to this show.

Judging by the preview, next episode will be about Quetzalcoatl's "living arrangements" rather than about Elma's arrival. If we do get her soon though, I'm looking forward to the show's "Big Bad" also appearing before the season is out.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 8, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2014
Work and school shenanigans! Also, psychic powers. (Very nice fight scenes. And the training was all for nothing. Unfortunate, but w/e)

Fafnir feels like a characters that belongs in an edgy shounen action series, but he surprisingly fits very well here. And it seems like he's an official gamer now. (On a side note, surprised at how normal he treated drunk Takiya. Thought he would reject him on the spot based on that dumb expression, but meh)
Feb 8, 2017 4:54 PM

Jun 2016
Solid episode, liking the development.
Feb 8, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2015
I lost it for a moment at how Tooru made the chief trip all the time. That was absolutely funny XD.

Feb 8, 2017 5:01 PM

Jun 2013
5/5

This is how comedy should be done, not like that forced crap that is Konosuba 2.

Laughed my ass off at some moments and i love how they portray the serious parts in this show.

The animation as always is superb. Based KyoAni.
Feb 8, 2017 5:26 PM

Nov 2011
Surprisingly, I'm liking this anime more and more with each episode.
I know this is supposed to be just a yuri bait fanservice anime but what I see is a sweet lesbian couple living with their child. And it's so lovely.
The fanservice seems to be getting toned down if you don't count their dragon friend giant rack.
I'm wondering when will the other dragon from the op (that looks more lie an unicorn) will appear.
Fafnir still pure gold.

Also loved how Tohru kept making the chief trip, I wish someone would do the same for me.
Baby, daijobanai...
Feb 8, 2017 5:39 PM

May 2012
Kanna's friend keeps managing to get a chuckle outta me every time I see her expression

Got a little heavy during Fafnir and Tohru's conversation, but I'll honestly welcome more of that. Was a little sad to see how much Tohru seemed disheartened by what Kobayashi said though.

And it was easy to guess Fafnir would continue onto the otaku way loool

Think this may end of being AOTS for me

Feb 8, 2017 5:45 PM
Nov 2012
Rofl, that instant tp scene 2 good.
Feb 8, 2017 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
juicykitten95 said:
sugar level in my blood after every ep tho...ill be dead in half a century

why do i feel like the gay romance is making people like this even more ? is it bc shows with natural gay romance are so rare ?

It's one-sided so I don't think that's the reason. People usually hate one-sided gay romance.

I think it's just so... bright. Also, other shows this season are super depressing so this is a fun watch.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

169 by _untitled »»
Mar 31, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.