Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2017 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Idk why but Koyori feels even more fragile than before.

Episode felt weird. They added some card game gimmicks into this show (reminds me of Yugioh/Cardfight Vanguard). The revelation of Riri being involved with Hand Shakers though..I'm not even a bit surprised.
Feb 7, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
Card games on CGI.

Perfect episode, it even had wincest. Big Order confirmed 10/10 AOTY.
Feb 7, 2017 10:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I liked this episode but the incest thing really annoyed me

I bet her wish is to either make her brother love her or to change the fact that they're siblings so that her love wouldn't be wrong....Either way, I hate this -_-

Like come on man
Feb 7, 2017 10:49 AM

Mar 2015
Whew this eps. She needs to take a more proactive stance, instead of watching while he takes a bath, how about she just join him xD
Feb 7, 2017 11:01 AM

Jun 2015
Koyori not talking irritates me. The card game was weird. The conversation with the glasses guy was interesting. Makihara was a Hand Shaker. Riri was annoying. Now there's incest. The two siblings are going to fight Koyori and Tazuna.
Feb 7, 2017 11:53 AM

Apr 2009
The makers of this show could certainly trim some unnecessary fat off of parts of the dialogues/story. That glasses guy looking really awkward by trying to sound cool didn't sit well with me; it sounded awfully ham-fisted and heavy handed.

Same with the class president Lily's over-enthusiasm with her younger brother. C'mon, please tone it down a bit. Yeah, I get it. She loves her brother. Wincest. Whoop-dee-doo. Plus, her jugs still jiggle like there's no tomorrow. I feel like she isn't wearing any bra.

Everything else... was okay. The card game looked interesting, but I know it's just a side show distraction and we'll probably never see it again.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Feb 7, 2017 11:55 AM

Jun 2016
Pretty useless episode. The only thing interesting about it was the conversation with the glasses man.
Also, I want Koyori to talk, she learn pretty fast, so why can't she talk?
Feb 7, 2017 12:11 PM

Aug 2015
The extent of class president's character development:
Feb 7, 2017 12:36 PM

Jun 2011
MIUUZICK said:
Also, I want Koyori to talk, she learn pretty fast, so why can't she talk?
Because need to push that silent mysterious girl trope through...

This is just gets worse and worse by each episode and the predictability is laughable. The characters are still garbage. Tazuna must be one of the worst protagonists ever.
I'm feeling thank you
Feb 7, 2017 12:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GAWD DAMN would i love to put a deck of cards inbetween dem titties have her as a cheerleader

this anime be havin' dem jams in the bg
Feb 7, 2017 1:47 PM

Jul 2016
I love Hand shakers, I just assumed there would be a bit more actual fighting, also does anyone have any idea who that dude in the suit was? He came out of no where and started making little to no sense...

Also wasn't the allocated time like 15 mins? buuut when they meet the sun has gone down enough to cast huge shadows, soooo hoooow is she still alive o.o
Feb 7, 2017 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
....... I feel so bad for the people that had to work on this.
Feb 7, 2017 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
Simply this episode was heavy on the dialogue. Most of it is important, like the spectacled guy speaking to Tazuna about Makihara that sounds half convincing.

The card game thrown into the episode was a nice touch, along with Lily's awesome assets while cheering for her brother. So it's kinda surprising that she's in love with him. Sucks to be anyone in her school who has the hots for her! =P

The last fight's animation was all over the place, so I'm not holding my breath to see if the upcoming one is any better. =/

Decent episode overall.
Feb 7, 2017 2:48 PM

May 2016
In case anyone wondered, yes, Precious Memories IS a real card game, so this episode was full on product placement. And also incest I guess
Feb 7, 2017 3:02 PM

Aug 2015
This series is full of forbidden love. ^-^ Between Riri who is in love with her little brother in elementary school and Tazuna who is in love with Koyori because she looks like her little sister. It's cute. <3

I wonder if Hayate and Chizuru are brother and sister, it would be beautiful, wouldn't it?

By the way Riri has impressive breasts, she should share them with Koyori or Chizuru which is flat. I wonder if there will be a scene in the baths between Masaru and Riri (as in Tsukimonogatari)... I hope because it would be very interesting to see the body of Riri naked xD (no censure please)

Otherwise the other person with glasses seems to be very annoying.

1/5
Feb 7, 2017 3:07 PM

Sep 2016
tuned in just to see magnificent boobs jiggle lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 7, 2017 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
An episode about Children's card game, my kind of episode.

I am starting to think that I never want to hear Koyori speak. I am afraid that she might turn into an annoying character like Riri/Lily & Chizuru.
Feb 7, 2017 4:47 PM

Mar 2008
Most of this episode was padding. Somehow by a miracle they can now be separated for two hours? Or is that going to go back down again next week? This show really should make up its mind on this concept.

Watching the little brother play a card tournament because I guess WIXOSS is popular now so why not jump on that bandwagon. President Lily is a handshaker not much surprise there I was kind of anticipating that when I saw her and her brother holding hands even though he's probably 12-13. And throw in an incest angle for good measure.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Feb 7, 2017 4:57 PM

Mar 2016
AvidAnimeViewer said:
LOLOLOLOL It's even funnier given the fact that they have same VA
No seriously.
Feb 7, 2017 7:03 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, in this episode only boobs that have progress, story still worse.
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Feb 7, 2017 7:18 PM

Oct 2011
wow a card game
ong they are hand shakers
Masaru wanted to fight them
Feb 7, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
I'd say this was a major step down from the recent eps. I couldn't really get a grasp on Lily's personality at all, they were pushing too hard with her and her plot as well.

I like that Koyori is showing emotion now, now we wait and hope that she talks soon.

I was pretty frustrated about the beginning of the fight.
Lily literally says, "I don't want to fight Tazuna" and yet 10 seconds later she's all for it. Also, it's dramatic irony that we know that Makihara lied about getting kicked out of Ziggurat if both parties don't want to fight, however the way the characters acted defies any reason that I can imagine. Okay Masaru, so because you weren't kicked out of the Ziggurat, that automatically means that Tazuna and Koyori MUST want to fight? I'd say you seemed more ready to fight than they did :/
also, did they not just become friends? You'd think they'd have a little more faith in each other but eh

I hope it improves next ep, this one was definitely a step down imo
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 7, 2017 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
After the 1st episode ridiculous boob bounce, I can not help but stare at Lily's breasts whenever she is on screen even though I'm a straight female. Yes, Lily it's weird to be "in love" with your younger barely legal brother.
That glasses guy who knows Masaharu seems interesting though.
allo
Feb 7, 2017 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, this show is quite charming.
Am not a fan of the incest though.
Feb 7, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2016
Now I have experienced all kinds of retardedly terrible characters throughout my adventures in anime, and "President Lily" might take the fuckin crown. Her boobs are each bigger than her head, and they bounce all over the god damn screen whenever she moves. IT IS CALLED A BRA! TRY IT!

We don't know anything about her besides her being the class president with huge bouncy titters, and the first thing they decide to tell us is that she wants to bang her younger brother who looks like he is about 8 years old. IT'S TIME TO STOP!
Feb 8, 2017 2:57 AM

Mar 2016
'Kay, was that scene when Tazuna talking to the mystery glasses guy supposed to be mysterious or something? Because the BGM sounded more like something that would play when the characters are having breakfast.
No seriously.
Feb 8, 2017 3:06 AM

May 2013
They propably didn't give enough fucks to select an appropriate track. Not like any were given to anything else in this monstrosity.
Boob girl looks like someone grafted two football sized tumours onto her chest. Fucking gross, haha
VentrisFeb 8, 2017 3:10 AM

Feb 8, 2017 6:25 AM

Jul 2016
AnimeFan500 said:
wow a card game
ong they are hand shakers
Masaru wanted to fight them

I think they cant back-out from a fight because of something to do with Koyori, or maybe because of the bedroom scene she isn't "telling" us something about herself.
Feb 8, 2017 9:57 AM
Mar 2016
Oh boy another battle and it's gonna take another 4 eps to know who wins, man Lily sure has some brocon over her masaru.
Feb 8, 2017 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was boring
Feb 8, 2017 12:45 PM

May 2009
bananyaishope said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:
LOLOLOLOL It's even funnier given the fact that they have same VA

Ai Kayano is perfect for Oneesans. Can't wait for her as milf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEEhYM8ySdI
bastek66Feb 8, 2017 8:44 PM
Feb 8, 2017 4:27 PM

Sep 2014
I legit can't find one thing good to say about this series other than the president having nice jugs.

Why does the Male and Female MCs have such punchable faces though?

Also what was with that incest talk? It makes it even more disturbing because her brother looks he is 10 years old.
Feb 8, 2017 8:23 PM

Sep 2015
Boy, I want to see the salt regarding the incest thing. I mean, incest wasn't bad handled here (they didn't use the lame excuse of them not being real siblings, and Riri seems kinda ashamed of the situation).

I can get past Riri's breast jiggling like gelatin, but her high pitched voice reminds me those otaku girls who try to be "kawaii" and it makes me cringe.

So... how did Koyori get lost? He let go of her hand like three second and she opened a vortex to another dimesion or something.

That scene with Koyori showing emotions was really good.
CishetFeb 8, 2017 9:42 PM

You just lost the game
Feb 8, 2017 10:05 PM

Apr 2016
Those bouncy tiddies again.
That incest though. Didn't expect Lily to be so thirsty for her lil brother. She's even peeking while he's taking a bath. :v
The only thing that made me get interested of this episode is the revelation that the Sensei was once a Hand Shaker. I wonder who's that guy Tazuna got a conversation to while searching for Koyori.
footmasterFeb 8, 2017 10:09 PM
Feb 8, 2017 11:19 PM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
This series is full of forbidden love. ^-^ Between Riri who is in love with her little brother in elementary school and Tazuna who is in love with Koyori because she looks like her little sister. It's cute. <3

I wonder if Hayate and Chizuru are brother and sister, it would be beautiful, wouldn't it?

By the way Riri has impressive breasts, she should share them with Koyori or Chizuru which is flat. I wonder if there will be a scene in the baths between Masaru and Riri (as in Tsukimonogatari)... I hope because it would be very interesting to see the body of Riri naked xD (no censure please)

Otherwise the other person with glasses seems to be very annoying.

1/5

But we learn that Makihara is a hand shakers in this episode and the story is getting better with this episode
Feb 8, 2017 11:45 PM
Jun 2016
Ok, i gonna break down every episode for this series as I'm the only one in the community that actually understand the show. Now this is a partial rant not in the episode but more in the community.

Now the card game (precious memory) which is a real card game. So is not a yu-gi-oh ripoff. I personally think the story in the series is getting better cause of this episode. I mean we got that guy in glasses just questioning Tazuna. "Why are you doing this?? What's the purpose for you to fight??" and just questioning him why are you doing this?? Is it because you want to crush the dream of others?? Like why?? The whole reveal of Lily and Masaru being a hand shakers isn't a wow factor as they are in the opening. However, Makihara a hand shaker... WHAT!!!! Now I did not see that coming. I'm guessing that his partner is that Koyori clone that we saw in this episode where Tazuna mistaking her as Koyori.

Now for the haters. If you don't like a series I don't care. I personally hate a lot of the series that the community loves. Like Yuri on ice, Kuzu no honkai, rewrite (Not the second season), sweetness and lightning and Re:zero. But do I go to every forum post and shit talk it? No, so if you hate it just stop. I can understand why people can and the tendency of hating this series but still the hate in this series is something I will never understand. We have a season with Kemono friends, fuuka, spritpact, one room, schoolgirl strikers, chaos;child, Tales of zestiria season 2. I can't believe people would say this series is the worst of the season.
Feb 8, 2017 11:59 PM

Sep 2015
Koyuki developing feelings for Tazuna?
INcest is WINcest
Feb 9, 2017 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
Lol I gotta wonder what's going through the writer's head.

Insert mysterious girl who's shit useless in combat and doesn't talk and manages to still be annoying.

We also need a class president who has massive gelatinous tits as a gag.

Let's now introduce two older characters and have the girl be an uber loli and the guy be a wimp so we can use those two tropes do death.

Shit...that's not enough, we really need to up our game here. Lets make titty comedic relief want to fuck her little brother. *all the staff high five each other*
Feb 9, 2017 1:08 AM
Oct 2013
Did anyone see the Mushoku Tensei and hachi nan tte covers in this episode? The only thing that called my attention in the episode.
Just an average anime fan.
Feb 9, 2017 2:05 AM
Mar 2012
lol all this sibling & false sibling love.
So pres' wish to love normally? wat peeping on naked bro... Was obvious they're handshakers.
Several LN posters like mushoku tensei, lots of ads.
Card game chuuni level too high.
Slow megane weird dude, gives some interesting info.
Makihara manipulating em kids? stealing incest wishes?
Feb 9, 2017 3:26 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
Ok, i gonna break down every episode for this series as I'm the only one in the community that actually understand the show. Now this is a partial rant not in the episode but more in the community.

Now the card game (precious memory) which is a real card game. So is not a yu-gi-oh ripoff. I personally think the story in the series is getting better cause of this episode. I mean we got that guy in glasses just questioning Tazuna. "Why are you doing this?? What's the purpose for you to fight??" and just questioning him why are you doing this?? Is it because you want to crush the dream of others?? Like why?? The whole reveal of Lily and Masaru being a hand shakers isn't a wow factor as they are in the opening. However, Makihara a hand shaker... WHAT!!!! Now I did not see that coming. I'm guessing that his partner is that Koyori clone that we saw in this episode where Tazuna mistaking her as Koyori.

Now for the haters. If you don't like a series I don't care. I personally hate a lot of the series that the community loves. Like Yuri on ice, Kuzu no honkai, rewrite (Not the second season), sweetness and lightning and Re:zero. But do I go to every forum post and shit talk it? No, so if you hate it just stop. I can understand why people can and the tendency of hating this series but still the hate in this series is something I will never understand. We have a season with Kemono friends, fuuka, spritpact, one room, schoolgirl strikers, chaos;child, Tales of zestiria season 2. I can't believe people would say this series is the worst of the season.

Luckily you're here to tell us about the episodes.
Yes, it's true that we learn that Makihara was a Hand Shaker but it was unfortunately very predictable because each character that we meet in the series is a Hand Shaker, so it isn't a surprise.
In addition the person with glasses was so boring when he spoke that the revelation is badly passed.
Moreover we had so many zooms on Riri's breasts that I think the director wanted us to remember rather Riri than the fact that "Makihara is a Hand Shaker"

So you hate these series (Kuzu no Honkai, Re: Zero) but you like Hand Shakers, it's your opinion but don't force others not to give their opinion on this series. About me, I watch this series because I find it very funny in its mediocrity. I also loved watching Isuca, Divine Gate, Big Order, Glasslip and I have a lot of fun with Hand Shakers. I intend to watch the series until the end. :)
TuyNOMFeb 9, 2017 3:31 AM
Feb 9, 2017 5:21 AM

Apr 2015
I held on to any thread of hope I could for this series, but its just a lost cause. Just like Big Order, I only have curiosity to see how the series ends.

Whoever is doing the texturing and UV mapping on those 3D models needs to be sacked. They obviously don't want to do their job if they cant spend the 30 seconds to re-scale some textures on a UV sheet and it damages the look of the already poor CGI.

I also noticed that card game "Precious Memories" is a real product, so this is obviously product placement taken to the extreme, just like how the bridge near the Asahi sign has been used so often.

From pure speculation, it seems to be a failed or naïve attempt to showcase GoHands' apparent prowess in their technological and innovative fields. As their motto goes, "Animation Entertainment to Advance." So before hammering the director, it might be actually partially the fault of the executives and the producers, giving the director such shit terms to work with. I still cant get over the lack of care and respect for CGI in this series.

Feb 9, 2017 10:03 PM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

Yes, it's true that we learn that Makihara was a Hand Shaker but it was unfortunately very predictable because each character that we meet in the series is a Hand Shaker, so it isn't a surprise.
In addition the person with glasses was so boring when he spoke that the revelation is badly passed.
Moreover we had so many zooms on Riri's breasts that I think the director wanted us to remember rather Riri than the fact that "Makihara is a Hand Shaker"

So you hate these series (Kuzu no Honkai, Re: Zero) but you like Hand Shakers, it's your opinion but don't force others not to give their opinion on this series. About me, I watch this series because I find it very funny in its mediocrity. I also loved watching Isuca, Divine Gate, Big Order, Glasslip and I have a lot of fun with Hand Shakers. I intend to watch the series until the end. :)

The parents are not hand shakers.
Feb 10, 2017 3:55 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
TuyNOM said:

xD Why not? I wouldn't be surprised. ^^
Feb 10, 2017 4:04 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

I don't know how he will feel about it
Feb 10, 2017 4:21 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
TuyNOM said:

Who is "he"? ... Tazuna?
He wouldn't be surprised, I think. Anyway, he has no personality. :/
Feb 10, 2017 4:29 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

Who is "he"? ... Tazuna?

He has a personality I mean he question a lot of things
Feb 10, 2017 4:35 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
TuyNOM said:

Who is "he"? ... Tazuna?

Who wouldn't wonder when you see such absurdities?

But honestly, what is his personality? Repair watches? How original, like Emiya Shirou.
He loves his little sister and Koyori.
He's nice. xD
He's very curious. (I think of episode 5 where he was very interested in the system of distribution of food in the restaurant)
Feb 10, 2017 4:37 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

But honestly, what is his personality? Repair watches? How original, like Emiya Shirou.
He's nice. xD
He's very curious. (I think of episode 5 where he was very interested in the system of distribution of food in the restaurant)

And yet you didn't bother about Emiya being able to fix things
Feb 10, 2017 4:49 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:
TuyNOM said:

He's nice. xD

And yet you didn't bother about Emiya being able to fix things

Emiya Shirou is much more interesting than Tazuna. It would take too long to write. :P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.