Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty chill episode with a good amount of focus on Imaizumi and Naruko. No doubt that Imaizumi doesn't want to fail school.

Naruko also has something to prove to the world too. I just love his fiery personality this season so far :D
Midousuji Akira vs Naruko should be a match to look forward to. I'm rooting for Naruko of course.
Stark700Feb 6, 2017 11:29 AM
Feb 6, 2017 10:54 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, good of them to teach the new guy to try to follow Onodas form a little even if he couldn't keep up in the end, would just help him in the long run to getting a better biking form.

And Naruko, while the other guys were around he was #3 good to see him going back to Osaka and trying to test his mettle against the other fastest people around, but the ending, I think he will overcome that disgusting Midousuji guy bleh i hate him as he would say kimoi
EbianFeb 6, 2017 10:59 AM
Feb 6, 2017 12:23 PM
Sep 2016
IMO this was the worst episode of the entire series so far. They introduced us a chacter - I already forget his name because its irrelevant - who became boring in like 10 seconds and the series spent a half episode for this guy. Then Naruko's racing against random ppl was a waste of time , it did nothing.And then when Naruko said that he will quit sprinting if he loses his next race , I was like : lol , you would be f***d if somehow Shikai or Midousuji would appear ... then 2 seconds later from somewhere a Midousuji appears ... really? This is my favourite series but this episode was super disappoiting.
DavidKimFeb 6, 2017 12:45 PM
Feb 6, 2017 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, good focus on Imaizumi and Naruko.

Pretty strong conversation between Naruko and Imaizumi at the beginning, As much as I love watching Naruko sprint. He might actually do really well in an all rounder role.

It's nice to see Imaizumi try to understand what it felt like for the third years when they were recruiting at the beginning. Though I guess he's being a little too critical, I actually really like how Teshima is noticing all this and showing Imaizumi that it's worth taking a chance on things.

Naruko returns to his roots to do some soul searching, always best to start from the gound up. :)
Midousuji is back, I was so waiting to see him, can't wait for the race between Naruko and him. :D

That post credit scene. xD
Lelouch0202Feb 6, 2017 12:36 PM
Feb 6, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2017
I'm a fan of this episode; to me it seemed to flow well, and I think Rice Boy's introduction was well done. It was really cute to see Naruko go back to Osaka, lol, although you can't have a heartwarming moment without the lizard son popping up and making things creepy again.
Feb 6, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
Sugimoto's little brother wants to join the team, he seems promising, not like his big brother.
Naruko will bet his future as a sprinter in the next episode against Midousuji.
Feb 6, 2017 4:58 PM

May 2016
I'm glad we got another character introduced, he seems promising and I like that Naruko is taking the spotlight for a minute.
But most importantly Midousuji is finally back! He's by far my favorite character and I hope we get to see him as much as we did in the previous seasons.
Feb 6, 2017 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
Midousuji!
I was just wondering when he would appear again this season. That was unexpected.
The new character added to Sohoku fits right in with his unique traits.
Feb 6, 2017 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
they would go down without Teshima

omg no,kimo is back D: And Naruko just raced two guys so it's kinda...not fair?but whatever

Sugimoto's brother is cute...more likeable than him at least.
Feb 6, 2017 7:25 PM

May 2009
I think Naruko should still do sprinting even if Imaizumi wants him to focus on climbing.
Imaizumi sure was quick to judge Rice Boy as having "no talent" ( Ginjou would have allowed him to ride along), I'm glad the big guy proved him wrong :)
Naruko's back in Osaka, finding himself, but now that Midosuji's here, and knowing him he'll try to crush Naruko's spirit. Can't wait for next week!
Feb 6, 2017 11:00 PM

Sep 2015
I actually like Mido now (no homo), prob the one of the few that arent creeped out anymore by him.
Feb 6, 2017 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
At around minute 10:32, when Rice Guys is trying to copy Onoda's form, the soundtrack is kinda similar to Boku no Hero Academia's OST in my ear.

Is it also made by the same guy?
Feb 7, 2017 2:17 AM

Aug 2014
BEST. BOY. IS. BACK.
Unfortunately I spoiled myself about his reappearance here, but it was still great.
I mean, just look at this sexy semi-God lizard

can't wait for next week, I hope Naruko get's fucking rekt (even though I like him, he did good as a climber last season so I can see him changing him style as a welcome addition to the series).
Feb 7, 2017 3:56 AM

Jul 2016
Holy mother thank god Satan on a Bike is back. Of course appearing at the worst time. I wish I hadn't spoiled myself everything about this race :B

Sugimoto's brother was adorable, lol. What a goof. Imaizumi trying to smile was hilarious, too :°
Sooo looking forward to the next episode!
Feb 7, 2017 4:27 AM

Dec 2007
can't wait for the big Sugimoto singing Hime-hime in sync with Onoda
Feb 7, 2017 5:50 AM

Mar 2009
Was not expecting that. Uhh, best of luck to Naruko...
Feb 7, 2017 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
whoa the new kid is a beast! and the freak is back
Feb 7, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
thuyquai said:
can't wait for the big Sugimoto singing Hime-hime in sync with Onoda
Oh man, I hope it will happen.
Feb 7, 2017 6:34 PM

Aug 2012
My boy is baaaaaack, HYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPEEE
Feb 7, 2017 7:23 PM

Oct 2011
wow the kouhai has potential
Naruko back home to find his answer
Midouji nooo omg
Feb 7, 2017 8:21 PM

Oct 2014
If the rice boy resembles Kise (KnB) will be a great boost for the team.

Mido is back :D
Feb 9, 2017 2:34 AM

Jan 2010
the best boy has finally returned!! lookin forward to the next ep it's gonna be intense!
Feb 11, 2017 3:12 AM

Jan 2015
Naruko really quit of becoming a sprinter?! But looking at how high-spirited when doing all that match back in Osaka especially when against Midousuji, I really hope that is just his doubt because the third year's absent.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 13, 2017 10:35 PM

Dec 2016
The other team has a catoonishly huge rider, so Sohoku needs one too?
Feb 16, 2017 11:18 PM

Oct 2008
It's the 3rd season of Yowamushi Pedal and it is still HYPE as ever!
There's a potential Sohoku bike member that they can add! the little brother of Terufumi, Sadotoki Sugimoto!
Naruko is still suits better as a sprinter!
Oh no! Midousuji is back! and ready to destroy Naruko's morale!
If Midousuji beats Naruko, I think its for the better of the team because if Naruko would be an all rounder, he'll be more useful than Imaizumi but not as strong as our MC Onoda!
5/5!

Feb 20, 2017 10:27 PM

Nov 2014
Ulquiorra said:
Sugimoto's little brother wants to join the team, he seems promising, not like his big brother.

it would be terribly humiliating and sorrowful for sugimoto if his little brother made the team but he didn't. So i hope this would be an incentive for him to start, truly start, putting some effort into practicing and catching up to the rest of his teammates. I love this anime very much but the only thing I dislike is that Sugimoto is always cast aside when he's on the main characters' team. I hope in this season, the mangaka would give him a bigger role and develop him to his whole potential. He must've loved cycling since he joined the cycling club. But why isn't he as strong as the others? That's because he has no incentive, no motivation. I hope his brother can motivate him into becoming stronger and a more well-rounded character.
Feb 21, 2017 9:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting new menber in the team!!! But for this body seems sprinter!!!!
This boy seems the little brother of Tadaroko!!! kekekek
Feb 21, 2017 9:58 PM
Mar 2012
Overly tense Naruko Imaizumi moment.
Rice boy has good potential.
Fun Osaka time. That 2nd track bike sprinter, such great equipment.
All hail Midousuji! I can see where Naruko ends up already.
Mar 3, 2017 8:58 AM
Jan 2017
Teshima leading in a different way but proving himself effective at analyzing and motivating the squad

Naruko is growing- he looks taller next to Imaizumi and his voice is deepening as well. His maturing shows in his introspection of riding style .

Oh, yay, kimosuji is back 《SARCASM》
Mar 26, 2017 3:11 AM

Mar 2008
Make way for the hero of Yowamushi, Midousuji!

Rice-otouto Fatty > vanilla Fatty. The new generation is looking top mushi tier
Apr 26, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2015
Woaw that Sugimoto brother o_o He can copy everyone pretty much? I wanna see him try Makishima climb style and fall on his fat ass xD (seriously its impossible to copy Makishima) Imaizumi is really serious btw. Like really really serious. No fun allowed now, abandon all new players we focus on improving only Inter-high riders. I feel like i like him more now.
Honestly tho Sugimoto's brother is Onoda 2. WE got 2 Onoda now, it was a bad idea for him to copy Sugimoto i guess xD

Naruko wants to go back to his roots, didn't like that part to be honest. Like the races with those 2 guys were really bad. And him tempting himself to quit being sprinter if he loses one race is pathetic. I won one race it's enough right? No, one more, if i lose that race i quit. ???

My favorite part of the episode is Naruko going back home and having this huge party with everyone congratulating him, i think it was nice to see Naruko family, seeing that it's supportive and looks like a nice family. That alone made my episode, i wonder why they spent 20 sec on it tho xD We got no time i guess, we need time for more important stuff.
So Midosouji was bored and he came to Osaka? seems weird. So there are no other places to race it has to be Naruko's hometurf huh, seems weird.

Oh yeah Imaizumi you can't hide the fact that you are into Hime now. I loled when Teshima said: I don't care what other members do in their free time xDDD
Sep 13, 2017 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
Not only does it look like Sohoku'll get their own giant, we get some great Naruko focus in this one! Plus yay, Midousuji's back!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 27, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
Maybe Naruko would be better as climber but I really can't see him as anything other than a sprinter. Next race against Midousuji is gonna be tough one but more importantly how the heck are those Sugimoto brothers related!?!

Dec 9, 2021 9:46 PM

Jan 2019
Oh shit, I know it's likely impossible that Naruko beats Midousuji, but damn I don't want him to stop being a sprinter! That's what made him shine and identified him. Also, Tadokoro passed the role to him!

It's also no fair for Naruko to have to change his style, he's the best sprinter on the team right now! If someone should change his style, it should be silent senpai.

I just hope something happens and Naruko stays as a sprinter. Him having to change the style he has used all his life for Sohoku is bullshit.
Feb 2, 1:01 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Really? The new member looks like the most obnoxious and annoying shounen archetype I've seen in a long while.
"hurr durr I'm big and I talk loud and I have a voice and personality that don't match my physical appearance, also I have zero social clue, yoroshiku"
Jeeeez. Already hate this season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

59 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2017

22 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 6:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.