Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2020 7:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Already love this, I have a good feeling about this one!
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 9, 2021 2:52 PM

Jul 2017
Very good premiere, love the augmented reality aspect of the show already and it's got some great atmosphere and surprisingly good production so far, particularly with the animation despite its simplistic style. Interesting stuff. Also, that opening is surprisingly really good too, sets up the right mood for me.
Oct 31, 2021 1:40 PM

Oct 2016
What an interesting vision of future!And of course all the action is happening inside cyber bodies but the way they handle it makes the two realities,cyber and physical,seem like they've merged into one another.since our mc cares for her dog as if he has a real body in the pyshical world.

Cute character designs simply make this show pleasant to watch.When you add the main idea to that it makes me look forward to see how they're gonna expand from this.
Mar 27, 2022 10:05 PM

Oct 2020
An interesting concept, though the episode was a bit boring in the first half but necessary, the second half was when the episode really got good. 3.5/5
Mar 29, 2022 10:42 PM

Feb 2021
Interesting concepts so far, I'm not really engaged yet tho. Kinda getting lain vibes with all the technology and fake walls and vr glasses
Jun 12, 2022 12:51 PM

Jan 2010
I watched the first episode of Dennou Coil years ago, as it was one of those anime recommended for its writing and themes. Getting back into it, I immediately compared it to the likes of Digimon Tamers and Megaman.EXE in terms of sentient digital pets/avatars affecting the real world. Dennou Coil isn't exactly like Serial Experiments Lain, as it's more closer to some of Studio Ghibli's films for its character design, art/animation style, and world building, but I can absolutely see why that comparison exists.

The day VR and AR are powerful enough to have direct interactivity is the day we might begin the precursor to fictional future tech. It's both amazing and frightening to see digital pets interacting with real pets, or how difficult it is to differentiate between objects that could be real poop or digital residue. At some point, the distinction becomes arbitrary, as things in the digital become just as real as reality. Or, rather, they become one and the same. We've sort of hit that point already, where digital assets can exceed the value of things in real life, both in terms of monetary and emotional value. Being made in 2007, Dennou Coil didn't innovate its themes of digital and real world interactivity, nor was it the first to try and make it accessible to younger audiences. I'm still enjoying it for its presentation, specifically for how realistic its technology seems for a near-future Japan.
ShockedJun 12, 2022 12:55 PM
Oct 1, 2022 3:16 PM

Jan 2020
Mysterious; seems like they are just throwing us right into the fray.

As such, I don't have any particular strong feelings yet. It seems interesting, but hopefully we get a little worldbuilding and explanation before too much longer.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 14, 2022 4:46 PM

May 2019
Wtf are these Dehno stuff?

Are they phisical and invisible for those without the VR glasses?

Or it is like SAO, and the glasses afect your brain to the point of people feel the touch of beings that doesnt exist?

Strong feeling that this damn story is not going to proper explain this.
Jan 13, 2023 8:41 PM

Jan 2014
i was so scared for the doggo :(((( I'm not even a dog person but so much anxiety omg
May 9, 2023 3:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow it's like the real world and cyber world mixed together, I can't wait to learn more about the sci-fi side, also the animation looks incredible for a 2007 anime
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM
Sep 2020
I love the little servant guy and the plot is cool
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Dec 8, 2007

138 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 24 Discussion

_edge_ - Dec 10, 2007

40 by Fafette »»
May 24, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.