Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Long Riders! Episode 12 Discussion

Feb 7, 2017 11:26 AM

(SIXTH try; trouble posting this pic') This just popped up on series creator Taishi Miyake's twitter. Thought I'd pass it along.

and -- MY APOLOGIES to Azrealx91, apparently, he sees it but I DON'T?? Well, the link is here (once again). Hope you all can see it. (I'm moving the link to an imjur file of the pic'. Seems to have cleaned up the problems I'm having) Cheers, all!
Modified by Manckx, Feb 7, 2017 12:10 PM
Almost older than dirt

Feb 7, 2017 5:12 PM

A solid 7/10 for me. This is one where the usual complaint of "no character development" falls flat. Ami had clearly grown as a person by the end of the series.

I doubt there will be an S2, but I would watch it since I'm now invested in these characters. Sad that Saeki didn't really have much exposure until the very end. She interests me.

The bike lane under a suspension bridge is brilliant, but would never happen here. Too expensive and would take money away from aggressive war and benefits for the lowest common denominators.

Feb 7, 2017 9:22 PM

redtailrav said:
The bike lane under a suspension bridge is brilliant

That ain't nuthin'! The long, circuitous ramps leading from the roadways (on the islands) up to the bridges are AMAZING! You can check 'em out by searching for Shimanami Kaido Cycling Road and looking on the various websites (there are vid's on YT, as well). Like it showed in the show, 3% average grade, sometimes over a Km long. Major Money was spent to do this, it was well thought-out. I'm joining the members who have put it on their bucket lists.
Almost older than dirt

Feb 7, 2017 9:54 PM

Azrealx91 said:
Cbr_Star said:
I love this show, I really hope that someday they'll come out with a second season.

For the mean time thanks to this episode the Shimanami Kaido is now on my bucket list.

the Shimanami Kaido was on my bucket list before this and I was soo excited seeing this. The real pics of this is just downright awesome for anyone that's a cyclist.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3478.html

Paris - Brest - Paris is also bucket list item for me but the challenge on that one would require serious training. I don't see that happening until my kids are teens so I can leave them for 4 days and not cause chaos for mom.

there's also a once a year event where they ride up Mt. Fuji if the writer was being a sadist they might steer the group that way. unfortunately manga isn't translated.

You've actually ridden on the Shimanami Kaido? Wow I'm kinda jealous!lol.

Do you feel the show captured the feeling of traveling down it?

Feb 8, 2017 11:16 AM

Manckx said:
(SIXTH try; trouble posting this pic') This just popped up on series creator Taishi Miyake's twitter. Thought I'd pass it along.

and -- MY APOLOGIES to Azrealx91, apparently, he sees it but I DON'T?? Well, the link is here (once again). Hope you all can see it. (I'm moving the link to an imjur file of the pic'. Seems to have cleaned up the problems I'm having) Cheers, all!

What is this image! Why do you dis du meeeee. 7 members? Creator you can't post that image and Not doing a better 2nd season...

It was very tender ending, but it feels too normal XD. We'll I admit, besides the production quality, this anime captured my heart ♥

Feb 8, 2017 2:17 PM

puchacamilo said:
Manckx said:

What is this image! Why do you dis du meeeee. 7 members? Creator you can't post that image and Not doing a better 2nd season...

It was very tender ending, but it feels too normal XD. We'll I admit, besides the production quality, this anime captured my heart ♥

Ha! This pic is intriguing. One of the other girls is Saeki, but who is the 7th? Ami's little sister?

Feb 8, 2017 3:08 PM

redtailrav said:
puchacamilo said:

Ha! This pic is intriguing. One of the other girls is Saeki, but who is the 7th? Ami's little sister?

It fits a little with her sister look, I think that too, but that face doesn't according to her personality XD it's a little weird

Feb 9, 2017 8:36 AM
Cbr_Star said:
Azrealx91 said:

the Shimanami Kaido was on my bucket list before this and I was soo excited seeing this. The real pics of this is just downright awesome for anyone that's a cyclist.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3478.html

Paris - Brest - Paris is also bucket list item for me but the challenge on that one would require serious training. I don't see that happening until my kids are teens so I can leave them for 4 days and not cause chaos for mom.

there's also a once a year event where they ride up Mt. Fuji if the writer was being a sadist they might steer the group that way. unfortunately manga isn't translated.

You've actually ridden on the Shimanami Kaido? Wow I'm kinda jealous!lol.

Do you feel the show captured the feeling of traveling down it?

No no I didn't get to ride on that yet, it's still a bucket list item. Living in North America and family of two kids makes this bucket list item very hard to attain until they are teenagers unfortunately! i'd be Jealous of anyone that gets to go! :)

Feb 9, 2017 10:55 AM

Ahhhhh it's over .. what a pity .. so exciting to remember how it was to start cycling, few animes portrayed as well as every stage of a cyclist is ... meeting a group, pedaling in a group, going away ... I hope they do At least some "OVAs" ....

Feb 9, 2017 12:00 PM

[quote=redtailrav message=49600698][quote=puchacamilo message=49599113]
Manckx said:
[quote=puchacamilo message=49601381][quote=redtailrav]
puchacamilo said:

It fits a little with her sister look, I think that too, but that face doesn't according to her personality XD it's a little weird

She has the right hair style, she has a white headband. And, she also has the same facial expressions Ami has when she's winded from heavy exercise ....
Almost older than dirt

Feb 9, 2017 1:48 PM

[quote=Manckx message=49610660][quote=redtailrav message=49600698][quote=puchacamilo message=49599113]
Manckx said:
[quote=puchacamilo message=49601381]
redtailrav said:
puchacamilo said:

She has the right hair style, she has a white headband. And, she also has the same facial expressions Ami has when she's winded from heavy exercise ....

So is her!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMG

Feb 9, 2017 3:36 PM

[quote=puchacamilo message=49611953][quote=Manckx message=49610660][quote=redtailrav message=49600698][quote=puchacamilo message=49599113]
Manckx said:
puchacamilo said:
redtailrav said:

Yeah, has to be her. I guess the face is because Ami, Saeki, and Aoi are bantsing her a little. Maybe about being a newbie. Ha ha ha.

Feb 9, 2017 7:04 PM

This should have a second season especially since Saeki joined the team.

Feb 9, 2017 11:51 PM

Ami was emotional and cried because has good friends to teach her more with cycling!
In the end they were a total of 6 in Team Fortuna because Saeki also joined!
I will give this as 7/10 because new studio Actas was finally able to complete this show even with delays!

Feb 11, 2017 12:43 AM

Pack it on a plane, all the way to Paris. It need another season, no doubt. But maybe, just maybe... After Yowamushi Pedal going there first? LOL
Well, at least the series successfully concluded.

Feb 18, 2017 12:51 AM

Last episode of this series, and say good-bye under the rain, in a nicce episode when the five girls fnd another world, another landscape on their bicycle and under the rain!!!!

In summary, the season was a litle weak, with a few nice moments, although in general, a little boring to me...

...5/10.

Hello, my litte boy!

Feb 18, 2017 9:46 AM

It was a nice ride, I had a lot of fun watching this anime. When I started it, I was not thinking that it will become so good.
The girls were all funny and I discovered some interesting places.
Very good anime and beautiful end :).

Feb 19, 2017 8:20 AM
Wow.. 10/10 finale!

Feb 20, 2017 9:43 AM
DB Admin
YOUBACK4MORE?

This was a really interesting show to watch. It's a bit of a shame that they couldn't keep the animation quality from the OP and the final episode for the entire season, but it looks like they did their best with their limited budget. Kinda charming.

I hope this show has gained some fans so that we'll see it again sometime. An OVA or maybe even a second season would be fantastic. Good stuff!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  

Feb 25, 2017 5:43 PM
last 2 eps were particularly good, raised +1.
For a bike show, it's more on sol & tourism instead of ads/education (minami), competition (yowa), or comedy (bakuon). The sight seeing is nice I'd like to one day cycle one.
Had more issues than most sol. All characters felt bland, didn't distinct themselves from the sol archetypes enough (big eater, haraguro megane, klutz etc). Ami wasn't annoying, tho too much whining. They're all in college (which is effectively irrelevant), a bit bothered they look like any middle/high school kid, and act like kids too, only maturity is they have the stamina for long rides and have parttime jobs.
Most early eps were as slow as minami, just ok for relaxing travel show before sleep. Animation inconsistency often bad enough to break immersion. Gets the job done but constantly wanted a non-actas studio.

Mar 27, 2019 2:12 AM

[quote=redtailrav message=49613156][quote=puchacamilo message=49611953][quote=Manckx message=49610660][quote=redtailrav message=49600698]
puchacamilo said:
Manckx said:
puchacamilo said:

Yeah, has to be her. I guess the face is because Ami, Saeki, and Aoi are bantsing her a little. Maybe about being a newbie. Ha ha ha.

It was kinda expected that not only Saeki but Emi will join as well when she showed interest. She was gonna say that she wants to try to Ami but a call cut her off.

I watched this once again after three years and its still fun and relaxing to watch as ever. That's why I'm still have a copy in my HDD. Much better than Minami imo. It also got me interested in cycling. But I'll take my time looking it up and going to cycling stores and also they're expensive. Besides that I'm worried about our road conditions in our country because its not as good as Japan's.

Well, still hoping there'll be another season.

Aug 2, 2019 1:59 PM

Picked it up during the Tour de France because of cycling hype. Cute and informative anime. It got better after the first episodes. I really liked Hinako and Saki (Yoko Hikasa is great). Aki was adorable (thanks to Nao Touyama), too!

Now I'm considering taking my old bike from the garage and riding again. I hope it didn't rust after so many years!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]