Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2017 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally this aired after all the delays. We got some cycling at night with the girls. I think Ami is enjoying the joy of night riding as it feels different than day. (besides one awkward moment on the road I guess)

That ending was pretty fitting with the sunrise. What a beautiful way to conclude their riding this episode!
Feb 5, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2010
So the girls made a trip at night which was nice, Aoi's lights where funny tho she overdid it a bit.
And it seems the girls had fun, night is always the best time to do something!!
Anyway it's nice to see this back after the long wait.
Feb 5, 2017 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
hehehe I knew there was going to be some trick to the night ride, but after a little trouble everyone had fun in the end.
Feb 5, 2017 8:56 AM

Nov 2016
Ahh! The return of Team Fortuna! VERY satisfying. The CG animation of the cycling is better than I remembered (bike nerd that I am). MUST - INVEST - IN - CYCLING - LIGHTS !!!!
Almost older than dirt
Feb 5, 2017 9:50 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yayoi is such an angel. Her way with words is just amazing, and I agree, the reward at the end was simply beautiful.

Poor Aoi, but well it is annoying when someone has excessive lights, especially if they are coming towards you, glare isn't nice.

This episode felt very fresh since it introduced night cycling and it also introduced the dangers of not bringing other important equipment like the reflector vest. Ami almost getting into an accident, always good idea to have a full pack of batteries ready.

Very lovely episode. :)

Feb 5, 2017 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
A nice return episode for the series. It continues to bring a lot of information along with a nice feeling for a basic slice of life show.
Feb 5, 2017 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
These "friends" are just as terrible as ever. I'm glad this is almost over.
Feb 5, 2017 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
They said "night ride is fun" and I was like "wtf are you saying?!". Then we get scene with Ami's battery dying - now, that's how my experience with night cycling was, and they managed to show how scary it is. I'm satisfied.

Manckx said:
MUST - INVEST - IN - CYCLING - LIGHTS !!!!

Nobody will understand it without learning hard way :P
Feb 5, 2017 2:29 PM

Dec 2016
Very happy to this this back again, it's been a while.

I like how the girls were teasing Ami about how scary the night rife would be.

Boy that was close, she almost had a bad accident.

I do ride at night myself but that's only to get to work, I do night fill 7 days a week.
Feb 5, 2017 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
Yay! Finally able to finish this one up. Well I'm a night owl anyway, so I deeply enjyed the overnight ride this episode. The sunrise sure was beautiful, though Yayoi in the baths near the end may rival that! XD Okay then, onto the finale!
Feb 5, 2017 8:44 PM
Jan 2017
Very nice to see the ladies back and enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I love riding at night with friends and appreciated how much Aoi also liked it.

Interesting to see Aoi be the one to feel out of place with her choice of lights - she really did go overboard there! Hinako chose the wrong word, nuisance, as i think she meant distraction.

Amused to see their ride took then along the road the girls from the Minami Kamakura Cycling Club have ridden along as well! Didnt realize they were so close to each other
YogaCycleQCFeb 6, 2017 5:19 PM
Feb 5, 2017 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Poor Ami, she realized that Yayoi was the real demon. XD Is she really? xD

Aoi came over prepared, all those lights would definitely get annoying. xD
The Night cycling was great, really enjoyed watching the girls ride along with the night scenery. The sunrise at the end was really beautiful and a very heartwarming moment. :)

Seeing all the girls taking nap after their long tiring ride made me smile. :)
Feb 5, 2017 10:33 PM

Dec 2016
When I was a kid and riding my BMX, I loved riding at night time because that's when I felt most mischievous. But where I live long distance night riding is a good way to get killed. For some reason motorists drive at you as if they are half a sleep.

I'd love to ride in Japan at night though, I bet the smell of the ocean, and the dew on the leafs must feel truly refreshing.
Feb 6, 2017 5:40 AM

Jun 2013
so it's back and still boring
Feb 6, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
Time flies so fast and the all-girls Team Fortuna are back.

Night riding sure is fun thought. Riding with stars shining in the sky. Its quiet and less cars. But at the same time its scary because you can hardly see well the road. I got tense when Ami hit that branch and almost got into an accident. Thankfully, Yayoi is there. Lol at Aoi brining a lot of lights. She overdid herself. Viewing the sunrise is so beautiful. Seeing the girls asleep made me smile.
Feb 6, 2017 8:57 AM

Sep 2013
We Night Riders! now :)
You must get used to night rides if you are planning to do long races.
Feb 6, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2016
Good ep. I missed this, but I'm glad to finish it. That was a very nice sunrise.
Feb 7, 2017 5:55 AM

Mar 2015
I decided to wait until this series finished before I binged and I'm glad I waited. The flow was good in this one.

Night riding is awesome and I'm glad they captured its essence in this episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 5:56 AM

Mar 2015
I decided to wait until this series finished before I binged and I'm glad I waited. The flow was good in this one.

Night riding is awesome and I'm glad they captured its essence in this episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
Things almost went dark when Ami almost got into an accident. Boy would that be an interesting turn of event.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Feb 7, 2017 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Hooray! After so long are back! Really funny episode, well managed in the narrative and with mood for romance, as well. The only flaw are the drawings, animations and CG, the rest works fine. It exudes a nice atmosphere durations narration and OST and pleasant and apt to contexts gradually seen.

Cbr_Star said:
When I was a kid and riding my BMX, I loved riding at night time because that's when I felt most mischievous. But where I live long distance night riding is a good way to get killed. For some reason motorists drive at you as if they are half a sleep.

I'd love to ride in Japan at night though, I bet the smell of the ocean, and the dew on the leafs must feel truly refreshing.

Unfortunately even in my part, it is not advisable to ride at night, there are too many criminals aboard their cars, what a pity!

I want to go and live in Japan!
Feb 7, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
Where I live one can't ride like that at night, unless you can somehow avoid the savages. Maybe if you live in a very rural region.

A few years back I was dating a girl who lived out in the country. One night we took her dogs for a walk at 2 AM under a full moon. It was amazing seeing true night without street lamps.
Feb 8, 2017 10:32 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I feel like they really should have explained everything about a night ride BEFORE they met up for the night ride and not a couple of minutes before they left. Like they could have texted her something like bring lights idk. It just seemed kinda rude.
I actually wouldn't mind if everything was 3D CG all the time with this series. I guess I just don't like inconsistency like this. Either be all one or all the other or make sure one or the other isn't very noticeable if using both. Or if it's noticeable that both are used then use them skillfully. Maybe that's just me.
Still like the ED. It's still cute.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 8, 2017 10:45 PM

Oct 2008
continuation is back from a little hiatus
This episode has the most CGs done that i have ever seen. well done!
Aoi-chan's night lights is over the top preparation!
4/5.

Feb 10, 2017 2:46 AM
Mar 2012
YogaCycleQC said:
Very nice to see the ladies back and enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I love riding at night with friends and appreciated how much Aoi also liked it.

Interesting to see Aoi be the one to feel out of place with her choice of lights - she really did go overboard there! Hinako chose the wrong word, nuisance, as i think she meant distraction.

Amused to see their ride took then along the road the girls from the Minami Kamakura Cycling Club have ridden along as well! Didnt realize they were so close to each other

Also right before Ito their route passed very near Hakone (yowapedal) in Kanagawa. Toudou would be glad to train Ami.

Art & cg seem better, helps a lot for sol when I'm not cringing at art fails. First part boring as usual, but nightride had good pacing & nice sunrise. I night ride a lot and get Ami's concern, tho they esp Ami really need prepping & research before long trips. I'm slowing going Aoi style with multi lights, helps when one dies or falls off like Ami's experience. I remember turning back a pitch black forest road since my light was too weak, that sucked.
Aoi forgot the obnoxious flashing red rearlight, which is legally required in some countries (but not jp, which only requires frontlight & bell oddly).
Feb 10, 2017 8:59 PM

Nov 2016
Regarding Aoi's obsession with lighting: Series creator Taishi Miyake may have been drawing from experience. This pic' was recently posted on his twitter (he and some friends recently did the Shimanami Cycling Road together). One of his friends had this set-up on his bike.
ManckxFeb 10, 2017 9:02 PM
Almost older than dirt
Feb 11, 2017 12:21 AM

Jan 2015
Damn that Yayoi, scheming an evil plan behind her nice smile. And Aoi, she didn't mean to be a nuisance. She's just excited, that's all.
Ami experienced it, the thrill of riding with low light.
And it won't hurt to say that bathing scene is like a reward for those who wait until this very episode, right? :3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 12, 2017 5:55 AM
Jan 2017
gophercg said:
YogaCycleQC said:

Also right before Ito their route passed very near Hakone (yowapedal) in Kanagawa. Toudou would be glad to train Ami.

Aoi forgot the obnoxious flashing red rearlight, which is legally required in some countries (but not jp, which only requires frontlight & bell oddly).

Heh - maybe the Sohouko 3rd years have moved on to the same college! I can see Kinjou and Yayoi as a couple and an eating contest between Tadokoro and Saki would be awe inspiring! Bet Toudo prefers to over-awe high school girls and would be happy to work with Hiromi from MinaKama!

Interesting that that bunch had tail lights for their night race, btw.
Manckx said:
Regarding Aoi's obsession with lighting: Series creator Taishi Miyake may have been drawing from experience. This pic' was recently posted on his twitter (he and some friends recently did the Shimanami Cycling Road together). One of his friends had this set-up on his bike.

That is an insane amount of lights! I know mountain bikers who rise trails at night and they dont rock that many lights. That's some serious lumen overkill there.
Feb 12, 2017 7:01 AM

Nov 2016
YogaCycleQC said:
gophercg said:

Interesting that that bunch had tail lights for their night race, btw.

I'm getting my bike ready to go to Japan this Spring; my research suggests that a rear reflector is required (although, it seems that a rear light will suffice), along with a headlight and a signal bell. You guys have me second-guessing; I'll recheck my sources.

Manckx said:

That is an insane amount of lights! I know mountain bikers who ride trails at night, and they don't rock that many lights. That's some serious lumen overkill there.

I made Aoi's error this Fall: bought a good powerful headlight, got ready for a night ride. Was crushed when the ride leader admonished me to point it down because the glare from behind was too much. I'm now looking into lights with better beam patterns (a sharp vertical cut-off, like a good fog light has).

As for this rider: I think he may not have all of them lit at the same time. They're there for convenience: when one runs out of juice, he can switch on another without having to stop. Or, he likes impersonating UFO's.

As for me: I like the little teru teru boozu on there. Might just make one for my bike.
ManckxFeb 12, 2017 7:05 AM
Almost older than dirt
Feb 17, 2017 2:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
nice episode, and this time a travel on bicycle in the night!!!!

Beautiful end of travel with the dawn on the sea!!!! ;)
Dec 23, 2020 4:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I understand, riding a bike at night can be dangerous and scary, but at least she did it!
Mar 30, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2020
Pure bliss and happiness. :3

SerafosMar 28, 3:18 AM
Sep 2, 2021 1:49 PM

Jul 2016
No wonder why Yayoi is so irrelevant in the story. For once she receives screen-time and she ends up failing her kouhai at least twice in the same episode.
Oct 31, 2021 6:53 AM

Sep 2018
Jeez! Why is the character of Saeki still a mere extra and is not given more space? How sad! Episode in which the character of the characters is known even better, so as to dispel the idea that everything had already been said about the characters: Yayoi is even worse than Saki and Hinako, in terms of evil and Aoi, as we have seen in he does not fail to show his apprehensive and maternal side towards Ami. This time as regards the component linked to the comedy, all the characters contribute to the success of the fun, giving many hilarious and funny moments. But the episode again takes the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, showing how much cycling can give further emotions. Finally, the narrative also gives a basic message in the second part: safety first of all.
Sep 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Feb 2020
"It's like riding through a different world. I love it."

I agree with Aoi. Night riding is so fascinating.

Lol at Aoi and all her lights.

Ami got another new experience. I'm glad she didn't get into an accident. That one moment was a little scary when her battery died.

Beautiful night scenery.

And sunrise. Ami looked so happy. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

69 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

35 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 5:12 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

28 by Serafos »»
Aug 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

30 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 5:10 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

39 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.