Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Was Mahiro's Love Two-sided?
Feb 4, 2017 10:16 PM

Feb 2015
So I'm looking at the last eps and I can't shake that Mahiro wasn't alone in his love. Even Yoshino could tell early on that the two would be better suited. But just because he could see it doesn't mean it would have happened.

To me it seems that Akia loved Mahiro as well, but both of their pride and arrogance didn't allow them to reveal their feelings. Well, to speak a bit more clearly, Mahiro's disdain of Akia blinded him to his enduring love that was actually there. Akia, I feel, knew he loved her and knew she loved him, but knew it wouldn't work. If she told Mahiro that he loved her, he would instantly deny it and refuse to look his feelings through. This would also mean she would have to open her heart to him - in other words be vulnerable - which she would never do or afford to do due to the state of their relationship.

To avoid all that, she eyed Yoshino and chose him instead. Heck, she could have been in it for the rush of keeping her BF a secret. She can be weird like that.

Also I think that due to the fact that Mahiro never had a chance to get Akia as a GF, his love was buried for a long time and only grew huger with time. Yoshino already had a GF and was happy with the relationship, so he couldn't have loved her "more", he could only love her "as is". Long speech short I believe Mahiro loved Akia even more than Yoshino, and he didn't even realize it. This can be supported due to Yoshino having scary thoughts/nightmares of Mahiro taking Akia away from him. Even though they were in a intimate relationship, Yoshino never felt "secure". It didn't feel like Akia was always by his side. It was like a foot in the room but the other still on the opposite to him.

Any thoughts on my theory?
TomDayJun 12, 2017 3:15 PM
Jun 11, 2017 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
I read the manga...I think Aika loved Mahiro in a sibling love. As for Mahiro its clear that he loved Aika as a man loves a woman aka romantically.
Yoshino and Mahiro loved her equally in my opinion...as she also loved them equally even if, in different ways.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 12, 2017 3:13 PM

Feb 2015
Orulyon said:
I read the manga...I think Aika loved Mahiro in a sibling love. As for Mahiro its clear that he loved Aika as a man loves a woman aka romantically.
Yoshino and Mahiro loved her equally in my opinion...as she also loved them equally even if, in different ways.

do you mind giving some examples of akia's platonic love?
Jun 12, 2017 5:29 PM

Jun 2008
TomDay said:
Orulyon said:

do you mind giving some examples of akia's platonic love?

sorry no, Ive read the manga before the anime even aired...long time ago, I dont remember specifically, but that's the feeling I got. Of course I could be right or wrong, that depends on the perspective...but if you read the manga perhaps you can answer to your doubts:)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.