Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2017 9:54 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Zoro and Law's interactions was hilarious haha. I'm glad we got to see more of Carrot as well. Interesting stuff. Chopper without his hat is so weird xD
Really enjoyed the filler stuff this week, more than I thought I would. Was a fun episode ^^

Feb 4, 2017 10:10 PM

Dec 2014
Filler episode as expected, It was pretty fun to watch I guess.

Technically, the whole treating Zunisha's wounds is actually canon since in the manga you can see Zunisha's wound was treated before the StrawHats left. It's just that it was never actually shown explicitly.

Brook was pretty badass in cutting those trees.
Zoro and Law's interactions were hilarious. xD

I seriously think we could have done without the whole wind storm this episode, that felt completely unnecessary.

Carrot was so cute at the end when she was trying to ask Luffy if she could join him. <3
Well we're back to canon next week and I saw someone we all know in the PV. :3
Feb 4, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2016
Honestly in my opinion filler episodes in One Piece aren't that bad because the characters are just so funny and charming it makes for a really just nice and calm episode, especially after all the screaming and pain of last weeks episode. I really enjoyed this episode!! :)
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 4, 2017 10:35 PM

Apr 2016
I knew it was going to be filler this week, so I wasn't disappointed. It was a pretty entertaining bit of fluff as far as filler goes. It kind of felt like they were trying to foreshadow that Carrot is going to be the next Straw Hat. But maybe that was just me.
I'm really looking forward to the next episode, from the preview it looks like a character we haven't seen in ages will be making an appearance. My body is ready.
Feb 4, 2017 11:37 PM

Mar 2015
I liked this episode, showing the crew helping out the crew that have been hit so hard by Jack's attack

I'd love for Carrot to become a Straw Hat!

A familiar pair spotted at the end there!!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 5, 2017 12:37 AM

Mar 2012
Wasn't that Vivi in the next episode preview?
Feb 5, 2017 12:45 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good filler, I wonder who was the girl in the preview.
Feb 5, 2017 1:49 AM

Jul 2007
anime only watchers prepare your selfs for another big surprise next episode.

Feb 5, 2017 1:49 AM

Sep 2014
Carrot was pretty cute this episode /o/ it wasn't so bad for "filler".
Feb 5, 2017 2:17 AM
Oct 2016
AhmedHan said:
Yep... She is gonna appear briefly in the next episode.
Feb 5, 2017 3:02 AM

Jul 2010
It was so bad as i expected despite been a filer.The episode had many good moments.It was hilarious when Zoro again end up in complete different direction xD and every one mocking him :D.Also Luffy walking around like a boss everything is going well here lel.And everyone shined in their own way choper for curing/franky ship repairs/robin massive support and etc.Overall good episode looks like next ep they set sail on their adventure cant wait :)>
Feb 5, 2017 3:59 AM

May 2015
Fun episode. Better filler than normal. Vivi and Carue in the preview :O
Feb 5, 2017 4:09 AM

Feb 2013
Another great episode!
Everyone helped to treat Zunisha's wound.
Carrot seems to want to go with them, I'm sure that Sanji would be really happy if she joined them.
Feb 5, 2017 5:04 AM
Mar 2014
Overall, a really good episode,(even though it was just filler).

I loved the interaction between Zoro and Law. Having Carrot and Luffy coming into that when they did & Carrot tease Zoro about his sense of direction was hilarious.

Two things in this episode that I really liked was how they went in and filled in the story of how they bandaged/healed the hurt leg,(in the manga it was just a couple of panels and then moved on). Also, it showed why Carrot wants to go out to sea with Luffy and the Strawhats,(nothing like this was done in the manga). I agree with others in that it feels like they are trying to set up Carrot for next Nakama, but I don't know if they are going in that direction,(honestly I'd be on board with that,(especially since Jinbe made his promise to join way back in the Fishmen Island Arc).

Next weeks episode should be a blast with the momentary return of a personal favorite character & the crew setting off for Whole Cake Island.
Feb 5, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2013
An ok filler episode. Interaction with Law and Zoro was great and Carrot was cute but that's about it.
Feb 5, 2017 3:28 PM

Dec 2014
zoro cracks me up... I hope this goes well for the straw hats... of the new journey begins
Feb 5, 2017 3:29 PM

Dec 2014
zoro cracks me up... I hope this goes well for the straw hats... of the new journey begins
Feb 5, 2017 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not sure about Carrot joining; we definitely need a little more character development for that just in case it does happen. Anyways, we're still waiting on Jinbe. Finally, they're going to rescue Sanji!
Feb 5, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2012
lol carrot wanna sail so badly , pretty ok filler .

Feb 6, 2017 5:42 AM

Jul 2008
Law and Zoro....that was brilliant.
Feb 6, 2017 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
Law x Zoro ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nice filler with the healing.
Feb 7, 2017 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
A filler episode like expected. Wasn't to bad. That Zoro and Law moment was so funny omg :D

Hmm I would like to see Carrot beeing part of the Straw Hats, but I think as someone mentioned, there has to be a little bit more character developement for her. Maybe we will see something of it in the future.

I wonder what Luffy want from Nekomamushi. And what going on in the preview? Did I saw Vivi? :o

Feb 8, 2017 5:20 PM

Jun 2015
I really hate filler, you can feel it instantly, all the characters instantly revert to their lowest selves. and everything becomes so meaningless, empty and devoid of heart and soul.

how ever as filler goes this wasn't tooooo bad, excluding the storm, that was terrible.
Feb 9, 2017 6:53 PM

Mar 2014
WAS THAT MOTHERFUCKING VIVI SO HYPED

also i hope carrot can go with them
Feb 11, 2017 5:14 AM

Apr 2011
You're shitting me, they're still at Zou? All those episodes and they're still in fucking Zou? Damn, calling this slow is a major understatement.
Feb 13, 2017 12:17 PM

May 2010
So it was a filler-ish episode after all. I thought so, but wasn't 100% sure, because it was pretty fun :> Construction site made by Robin's hands looked pretty damn impressive lolz.

Also, Carrot is pretty cute, I won't mind seeing a bit more of her if she goes with Luffy's team to rescue Sanji. Can't wait to see Vivi next ep!
Feb 14, 2017 12:28 AM

Jul 2013
That wound is not big especially for an elephant with that size and it's definitely not deep.
Feb 14, 2017 6:10 AM

Apr 2015
Even Though It Was A Filler Episode,It Was Still Pretty Enjoyable!!
Feb 20, 2017 1:09 AM

Aug 2015
Definately one of the better episodes. Whenever Zoro and Law have a "comedic moment" it always makes me laugh (no homo) ;)

Also Franky even has his hair shaped as the giant whale tree!

Also something I noticed, Robin doesn't have to keep her arms crossed to keep her "flowers", only make them. Bartolomeo has to keep his fingers crossed to keep the barrier. Just some fun fact ;)
Mar 19, 2017 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
NO, BAD CHOPPER. Don't delay the departure anymore dammit.
Mar 23, 2017 4:26 AM

May 2016
AhmedHan said:
I also thought so I hope that was her.
Mar 23, 2017 4:27 AM

May 2016
For a filler it was kinda ok, Zoro and his direction made it even better xD, Carrot is so cute I hope to see her more often tbh.
Mar 23, 2017 7:12 AM

Dec 2015
I didn't even know it was a filler episode. It was really fun to watch.
Mar 23, 2017 10:44 PM
Oct 2007
This episode wasn't as bad as I thought!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
The best thing about this Zou Arc is Carrot!

May 31, 2017 5:10 PM

May 2014
Law using Shambles on Zoro was priceless!

Also, after the way Carrot was acting at the end of the ep, I find it hard to believe that she won't join the crew. Her dreams of sailing out to Sea remind me so much of the other Straw Hats that I'll be so surprised if she's not next Straw Hat!

I don't mind either, after this episode she's definitely a character I'd like to see more of. She's a strong, adorable bunny girl, what's not to like?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2020 2:10 PM

Jun 2016
This episode was an interesting one for me. From the very beginning there was off model art despite how great One Piece has consistently looked which set off some alarms in my head. Then when it was clear we would be focused on something unimportant to the general plot I began to assume that this was absolutely filler. Down time in One Piece can be really cool, this is the best seen when the crew is traveling or when they’re celebrating. But in this episode, for the most part, it wasn’t. The characters all were robotic at times, feeling as if we were watching a play with actors pretending to be the Straw Hats and performing their gimmicks. This was charming at times but the whole ‘look at how the Straw Hats work together and show off the strengths we’ve seen 100 times’ was akin to the scene where they fought the bugs. I did like Kin’emon, Raizo, and Brook cutting trees, or Franky shooting nails for instance. I would just prefer new interactions and quieter moments but with this presumably being filler, I understand why this was the case.

That said as the episode continued, I had to question if it was filler. Law and Zoro having an interaction they’ve never had before where he kept tabs on Zoro to cover his sense of direction. Wanda and Pedro having shown Nami a map to Big Mom’s feels as though it will be relevant but it could possibly never come up in canon again, that is unless Pedro and Wanda do come along. Carrot had some adorable characterization. Instead of being the child rabbit girl full of moe and excitement, we realized she was this way because she wanted to see the world. She loved seeing the wonderful people from the big sea, they gave her an idea of what it was like out there and she wanted to explore. This is similar to Soran from Tequila Wolf, one of my favorite filler characters, but it gave Carrot more depth and made me care about her on a slightly deeper level than saying ‘aww’.

Finally, the episode directly started where the last very important episode ended, and this one finished with canon events like seeing Pekoms again or the Carrot characterization. It had some uncanny art and some rather vapid character moments without much overarching plot or character relevance, but it did have characterization and new interactions and it fit into the canon perfectly. It makes me think this had to be mixed canon and if so or even if not, this episode was a great example of how to do filler. It felt important enough to capture my attention, and now looking at the thread, to see this was like Tequila Wolf in that it was a canonical event which wasn’t shown in the manga and thus extended in the anime, all suddenly makes sense. Good job Toei!
Jun 20, 2020 5:01 PM
Jun 2020
Well this episode was half filler but what in the hell is wrong with Chopper's head without hat ? ce

Carrot is kindda kawaii.

Zoro as always bad with directions.

I hope Carrot will travel with Luffy the next arc.
Jul 4, 2021 11:14 AM

May 2016
It looks like they'll finally be setting off to their next destinations after patching Zunesha up!

From the looks of it, it's very likely that Carrot will end up tagging along with the Straw Hats to Whole Cake Island judging from how excited she is about getting to go out to see the world outside her hometown. I'm definitely all for it since she's such a cutie, after all.

Aug 1, 2021 2:34 PM
May 2016
So Kanjuro drew something that could fly here for no reason, but insisted on just climbing the elephant??? Also, did not expect Chopper without his hat.
Aug 17, 2021 12:04 PM

Jun 2019
That was a fun rescue mission. Enjoyed it.
Sep 3, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2021
Vivi in the preview :D

Rescue was too good
Oct 2, 2021 11:13 PM

Nov 2012
Ugh I can't stnd Vivi. Was hoping to never see her again. That goes triple for crybaby mermaid.
dragynfaerieOct 2, 2021 11:25 PM
Oct 3, 2021 8:25 PM

May 2017
Bunny need to join , we need a girl mascot

I wonder what will happens btw chopper and that girl , he like her but she want his knowledge lol

Next ep , the blue haired girl , she got bigger , but i wasnt expecting her 🤔
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Dec 5, 2022 5:25 AM
May 2020
Tiny cannonballs should have no effect on a giant elephant the size of a country.
Jun 8, 2023 3:27 PM
Oct 2017
Drawings were not so great.. The facial expressions  and body language were rough. I know it was a filler episode (I think) but still, they couldn't put a little more effort?
Jan 7, 6:42 AM
Oct 2019
Zoro got roasting by Law LMAO

Also looks like Carrot gonna sneak into the ship
Jan 29, 8:07 PM
Feb 2022
The One Piece filler is funny. I feel it adds an extra touch of adventure to the series.

Spanish translation:
Es divertido el relleno the One Piece. Siento que le agrega un toque extra de aventura a la serie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 29, 2009

66 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.