Forum Settings
Forums
New
If you were to side with one but not both, who would be it?
Natsuki SUffeRU (or OuchUKI Subaru or SUfferU, if you prefer)
17.5%
Rintarou brOKABE (or Paintarou brOKABE or Hououin Trauma, whatever)
82.5%
126 votes
Feb 4, 2017 3:31 AM

Nov 2015
This is vagueness at its finest and it's still quite early in the game (since Re:Zero anime is far from halfway the entirety of the source material, and Steins;Gate 0 hasn't started airing yet), but who would you prefer and why?

Subaru Natsuki (from Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu franchise)

vs

Rintarou Okabe (from Steins;Gate franchise)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2017 3:38 AM

Jun 2016
Man is this getting old already...

Why do they always compare which is the most suffering one...

There are much more characters other than this... but why bother always the two of them...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2017 3:39 AM

Jun 2015
I find it blasphemy that you compare Steins;gate to Re:shitro
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 4, 2017 3:41 AM

May 2015
Okabe is the less annoying one.....
Feb 4, 2017 3:42 AM

Sep 2014
Of course with Okabe, because while at times annoying, he can still be sorta cool, while Subaru is fucking trash, and I wouldn't be able to put up with him for a minute.
Feb 4, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2015
An actual good thread would be preferable...
Feb 4, 2017 3:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
My god those cringeworthy nicknames.......

I just pick Goku

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 4, 2017 3:51 AM

Oct 2013
wow so much suffering Im seeing right now in this thread

Feb 4, 2017 3:58 AM

Nov 2015
HikiNEET021 said:
Man is this getting old already...

Why do they always compare which is the most suffering one...

There are much more characters other than this... but why bother always the two of them...

Oh man I'm so sorry. I was too late for the trend, 'cause I never knew it was a thing.
Takamura-sama said:
I find it blasphemy that you compare Steins;gate to Re:shitro

Well, to be clear enough, I'm just comparing the MCs, not the shows itself, so I don't find it blasphemous myself, not saying Rintarou > Natsuki or vice versa.
Imaishi said:
Of course with Okabe, because while at times annoying, he can still be sorta cool, while Subaru is fucking trash, and I wouldn't be able to put up with him for a minute.

Same thoughts actually, but I don't find him trash, he's just not as likable as Rintarou.
Brb said:
An actual good thread would be preferable...

Thanks, off you go. Just kidding.
RayAdha said:
My god those cringeworthy nicknames.......

I just pick Goku

Are we still talking about that?
Feb 4, 2017 4:09 AM

Feb 2016
This poll is fucking disgusting. Don't even dare compare these two...
Feb 4, 2017 4:12 AM

May 2015
Aquamirror said:
Don't even dare compare these two...
Why not? It's not like they are THAT much different.
Feb 4, 2017 4:22 AM

Jun 2015
zal said:
Aquamirror said:
Don't even dare compare these two...

Rintarou is amazing while subaru is fucking gay?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 4, 2017 4:23 AM

May 2015
Takamura-sama said:
zal said:

Is being gay bad?
Okabe is gayer than Subaru if you want to go there.
Feb 4, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2015
zal said:
Takamura-sama said:

Is being gay bad?

Haha funny, they're too different and one is obviously better (Okabe Rintarou)
Feb 4, 2017 4:28 AM

Oct 2016
Where are the forum moderators ?

Doesn't this thread breaks the rule of "simple xx vs yy".

Also, you didn't even gave a criteria for comparison?
Feb 4, 2017 4:35 AM

Jun 2016
Animelia99 said:

Same thing... Why didn't i expect of that... a minute ago..
Feb 4, 2017 4:36 AM

Nov 2015
Animelia99 said:

Oh my bad.. I didn't know such a rule exists.
But if you read it again, I mentioned "vagueness at its finest," criteria aren't needed.
Feb 4, 2017 4:37 AM

May 2015
Takamura-sama said:
zal said:
Is being gay bad?

Haha funny, they're too different and one is obviously better (Okabe Rintarou)
What's funny? Using gay as synonym of bad is certainly not.
Okabe is also rather attracted by Ruka whose a male and that's indeed rather gay.

I do think Okabe is a bit better but not that much that they can't be compared. Okabe is not that great of a character anyway.
zalFeb 4, 2017 4:49 AM
Feb 4, 2017 4:38 AM

Aug 2016
I honestly can't pick. They have both suffered IMMENSELY (although in different ways)
Feb 4, 2017 4:41 AM

Nov 2015
smartie344 said:
I honestly can't pick. They have both suffered IMMENSELY (although in different ways)

If you limit your judgment to the immensity of their suffering, then no wonder you can't pick. There are no criteria in choosing, so you're free to choose, but still if you can't decide then so be it.
Feb 4, 2017 4:57 AM

Feb 2013
Animelia99 said:

report thy thread and the mods shalt come
it's just 1h old way below the national average
Feb 4, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2016
romagia said:
Animelia99 said:

it's just 1h old

I don't wanna.
Its just two of my threads were blocked because of this reason , So I am just reminding him that such a rule exists.
Nothing against him.
Feb 4, 2017 5:03 AM

Nov 2015
Animelia99 said:
romagia said:
it's just 1h old

I don't wanna.
Its just two of my threads were blocked because of this reason , So I am just reminding him that such a rule exists.
Nothing against him.

I understand. Either way I'm grateful to you for informing me, but I don't want to delete it myself so I'm fine if this gets deleted any minute now.
Feb 4, 2017 5:07 AM

Oct 2016
AX3M said:
Animelia99 said:

I don't wanna.
Nothing against him.

I understand. Either way I'm grateful to you for informing me, but I don't want to delete it myself so I'm fine if this gets deleted any minute now.

Well they won't block it if this thread generates considerate amount of discussion.
Feb 4, 2017 5:12 AM

Dec 2008
Okazaki, Tomoya > rest! enough said
Feb 4, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2015
namedrisk said:

Damn, I have no counter for that. Or maybe I have, just that remembering his story makes me never mind.
Feb 4, 2017 5:56 AM

Dec 2008
AX3M said:
namedrisk said:

Damn, I have no counter for that. Or maybe I have, just that remembering his story makes me never mind.

~tehe pero~? :P wai characters limits for reply
Feb 4, 2017 6:05 AM

Dec 2012
This question is monstrosity! How can I answer such a damn hard question? I like both of them a lot .. Well though people would vote for Brokabe was expected though..

Also I did not know that liking a character that everyone hates feels so damn AWESOME! Honestly can't help but feel superior to the commonfolk plebs and their opinions..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Feb 4, 2017 6:15 AM

May 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
This question is monstrosity! How can I answer such a damn hard question? I like both of them a lot .. Well though people would vote for Brokabe was expected though..

Also I did not know that liking a character that everyone hates feels so damn AWESOME! Honestly can't help but feel superior to the commonfolk plebs and their opinions..
Are you the mythological creature legends speak about? An elitist?
Feb 4, 2017 6:16 AM

Dec 2012
zal said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

If I was one then I would hate on all popular anime incuding Steins gate and Re Zero and have LOGH in my favorites .. So.. NO!

You can even say I am an exact opposite of an elitist in some aspects..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Feb 4, 2017 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
KazuroWeisemann said:
zal said:
If I was one then I would hate on all popular anime including Steins gate and Re Zero and have LOGH in my favourites .. So.. NO!
I wonder how long it'll take for LOTGHs to become main stream popular so that elitist can start hating it and find a new title
Feb 4, 2017 6:21 AM

Jul 2015
I'll have to choose Okabe, even though I liked Re:Zero more than Steins;Gate. Can't hurt to have a maddo scientisto on your side instead of a NEET who's prone to having his guts sliced.
Feb 4, 2017 6:24 AM

Dec 2012
Deknijff said:
KazuroWeisemann said:
If I was one then I would hate on all popular anime including Steins gate and Re Zero and have LOGH in my favourites .. So.. NO!
I wonder how long it'll take for LOTGHs to become main stream popular so that elitist can start hating it and find a new title

That day is not far though .. It will happen in 2017 I call it when everybody is going to watch the remake of it..

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31433/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu_2017

Feb 4, 2017 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about but....

^Moar Kuristina and her glorious ass plz!
Feb 4, 2017 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
KazuroWeisemann said:
Deknijff said:
That day is not far though .. It will happen in 2017 I call it when everybody is going to watch the remake of it..
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31433/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu_2017
nah all the elitist will just hate the remake like with lots of fans of current media hate remakes and reboots
Feb 4, 2017 6:30 AM

May 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
zal said:

If I was one then I would hate on all popular anime incuding Steins gate and Re Zero and have LOGH in my favorites .. So.. NO!

The thing is that elitist doesn't include "hate on all popular anime incuding Steins gate and Re Zero and have LOGH in my favorites".

But it's more like this: "feel superior to the commonfolk plebs and their opinions.."

Deknijff said:
KazuroWeisemann said:
The most elitist user I found on reddit hates on LOTGH already, since it's not popular yet than it means he is not an elititst?
Feb 4, 2017 6:33 AM

Nov 2015
zal said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

The thing is that elitist doesn't include "hate on all popular anime incuding Steins gate and Re Zero and have LOGH in my favorites".

But it's more like this: "feel superior to the commonfolk plebs and their opinions.."

Deknijff said:
The most elitist user I found on reddit hates on LOTGH already, since it's not popular yet than it means he is not an elititst?

Oh yes, and when LoTGH becomes popular he would then be an elitist. That's how it works, right?
Feb 4, 2017 6:35 AM

Oct 2013
zal said:
Deknijff said:
The most elitist user I found on reddit hates on LOTGH already, since it's not popular yet then it means he is not an elititst?
no man if a elitist already hates LOTGHs then that could be a sign times are changing
but don't take my words for it since I have no clue what Im talking about right now
Feb 4, 2017 6:35 AM

Dec 2012
@Zal The biggest Elitist tendency is to hate on mainstream anime/media and claim an unpopular anime from somewhere as 'great' .. Remember Elitists get along with Elitists ..

I only posted that to comfort myself btw qq .. You cant even call me a wannabe elitist with that..

Feb 4, 2017 6:45 AM

Dec 2007
Hououin Trauma is a pretty good nickname though. I'll write it down.
Feb 4, 2017 6:48 AM

Nov 2015
Andralamusia said:

Really? I was surprised I came up with that name myself. Maybe I'm just being a diehard/tryhard S;G fanboy but hey shit works. Should I give credits to myself?
Feb 4, 2017 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
AX3M said:
Andralamusia said:
Really? I was surprised I came up with that name myself. Maybe I'm just being a diehard/tryhard S;G fanboy but hey shit works. Should I give credits to myself?
Ive never seen someone use it before but you should look around before you start claiming it as your own idea
Feb 4, 2017 6:57 AM

Dec 2012
Deknijff said:
AX3M said:
Ive never seen someone use it before but you should look around before you start claiming it as your own idea

Nobody would come up with such a ridiculous nickname .. He can claim it cuz that one genuinely made me laugh..

Feb 4, 2017 6:59 AM

Nov 2015
Deknijff said:
AX3M said:

Hmm you're exactly right, still I'm pretty confident I came up with it myself, but I believe there's always a possibility, especially how big the Internet is, and even much more beyond it.
Feb 4, 2017 7:01 AM

May 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
@Zal The biggest Elitist tendency is to hate on mainstream anime/media and claim an unpopular anime from somewhere as 'great' .. Remember Elitists get along with Elitists ..
This seems to me more like hipsterism than elitism.
However if I dislike a popular series for certain reasons that are not related to its popularity why would that make me an elitist?
Until I hate on unpopular shows it's fine and I am not an elitist but if I do it on popular ones it's immediately elitism?

Again, if you hate a show just because it's poplar than hater or hipster are more fitting.

I only posted that to comfort myself btw qq .. You cant even call me a wannabe elitist with that..
You posted that in jokingly way and I did the same, it's not to be taken seriously.
Feb 4, 2017 7:02 AM

Nov 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
Deknijff said:

Nobody would come up with such a ridiculous nickname .. He can claim it cuz that one genuinely made me laugh..

In the voice of Hououin Kyouma:
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Feb 4, 2017 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
AX3M said:
Deknijff said:
Hmm you're exactly right, still I'm pretty confident I came up with it myself, but I believe there's always a possibility, especially how big the Internet is, and even much more beyond it.
well its good you know of the possibility

and as they say

Feb 4, 2017 7:09 AM

Dec 2012
zal said:

You posted that in jokingly way and I did the same, it's not to be taken seriously.

Thats cool ..

AX3M said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I should also probably try coming up with names .. Sounds fun ..

Feb 4, 2017 7:10 AM

Nov 2015
Deknijff said:
AX3M said:
well its good you know of the possibility

and as they say

Off topic, but damn pics of kawaii lolis are my weakness.
Feb 4, 2017 7:14 AM

Nov 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
zal said:

Thats cool ..

AX3M said:

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I should also probably try coming up with names .. Sounds fun ..

No objections, letting out your own creativity with words and puns is always fun, just don't try going overboard like I did with the poll options.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

16 by mizukasa »»
18 seconds ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

39 by AverageRiceFan »»
6 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 45 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

18 by traed »»
16 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

84 by -YaoiBoy- »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.