Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2017 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the goal now is the recapture the Impure King eyes..interesting.

More or less a buildup episode. I do find it interesting that they still revisit the time when Rin transformed to fight against Amaimon. Kinda felt bad for Rin though as he's locked up in all this mess.

I think the exorcists in this arc are facing some pretty dangerous adversaries in their way.
Feb 3, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, there were two dead in that car?!

Even stronger poisonous air when two eyes match...

Being honest or not determines one can become a good exorcist or not?

Delinquent looking guy told classmates about what happened.

That old man wrote a letter telling the twins that their father stealing that important sword, which was used to seal main guy's demon power. More next ep.

That old man runs in the forest every night for some reason?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2017 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
Yes Shura! Tell that bitch Yukio what's up.

Shame on them for ending the episode halfway through the letter.
Feb 3, 2017 11:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a great flashback.....Can't wait to see the rest of it because I had no idea to expect that Rin's sword originally belonged to them
Feb 3, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2015
Shiro was a pretty awesome guy even when he was young!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 3, 2017 11:37 AM

Aug 2016
I have a feeling that when Todo doesn't need Mamushi anymore he is going kill her... And now that he has the right eye and the left eye that won't be really far away...

Loved the episode and the flashback. Can't wait to see more of the connection between Bon's father and Rin's father
Feb 3, 2017 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
I don't like how often they keep reusing the flashback scenes of Rin going berserk, feels like padding at this point.

Tokoya said:
That was a great flashback.....Can't wait to see the rest of it because I had no idea to expect that Rin's sword originally belonged to them

It was actually mentioned in the first season (ep16) as part of the anime's modified route, when the sword broke during Rin's fight with Amaimon and Yukio asked them for help on repairing it, in which they learned about it who it originally belonged too, Suguro's family.

LawlessL said:
Yup! Close enough!

The next Ao no Exorcist arc is about the Nine Tails.
Feb 3, 2017 11:56 AM
Aug 2015
tsubasalover said:

I think you got it wrong, that was him going after Mamushi, in other words, it was the present.
Feb 3, 2017 12:02 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good buildup episode.
The beginning part with Suguro's dad rubbing Shura's butt was hilarious. XD

The flashback is really interesting, can't wait for more. Don't really have anything else to add for now.
Feb 3, 2017 12:16 PM

Dec 2015
Mugi__nZk said:
I think you got it wrong, that was him going after Mamushi, in other words, it was the present.

A proof that waiting for the simultaneous broadcast version would be wiser than willing to paraphrase the full episode in one of the first messages.
Feb 3, 2017 12:22 PM
Jun 2014
Good episode. As someone else has mentioned before, they are kinda using the Rin getting captured flashback scene a bit too much even though I understand they're using it to strengthen those particulair scenes. So mixxed feeling about those flashbacks.

Everything else was amazing though and some important info Shura told to Yukio. We're at the flashback about Tatsuma's(Mr. Sugoro) encounter with Shiro(Mr. Fujimoto) aswell :D

As usual, 8/10 for me.
Feb 3, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2009
damn Mamushi have the mangkeyou sharingan now

and so the Myoda sect owns that demon slaying sword of Rin huh

the animation quality drops for this episode too guess we are half-way of an anime show again lol
Feb 3, 2017 12:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Tatsuma and Fujimoto met! That's a surprise. I'm fairly certain that Tatsuma will go in now :D

Seeing the whole group without Rin was sad. Bon had to feel bad about this :/
Feb 3, 2017 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
the animation got so bad this episode....

Feb 3, 2017 12:59 PM
Jun 2014
LawlessL said:
Paul said:

Can u pls put spoiler taggs? You do know there are people who just watches anime right and doesn't read the manga. There's a reason why manga readers doesn't spoil this arc or future arcs.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazFeb 4, 2017 2:44 PM
Feb 3, 2017 1:16 PM

Feb 2013
Shiro was really badass.
Feb 3, 2017 1:38 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Paul said:
I don't like how often they keep reusing the flashback scenes of Rin going berserk, feels like padding at this point.

Tokoya said:

It was actually mentioned in the first season (ep16) as part of the anime's modified route, when the sword broke during Rin's fight with Amaimon and Yukio asked them for help on repairing it, in which they learned about it who it originally belonged too, Suguro's family.

LawlessL said:
Yup! Close enough!

That must have escaped my mind because the only thing I remember was that some lady fixed it because her family was familiar with the material used to forge the blade
Feb 3, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode! It's a shame that they had to stop midway while reading the letter.

But next episode shit will go down! Todo's plan will begin to unravel!

Tokoya said:
That must have escaped my mind because the only thing I remember was that some lady fixed it because her family was familiar with the material used to forge the blade
That lady was original character because in manga Kurikara never broke so there was no reason in finding way to fix it :P

Jan 2016
Shura was awesome this whole epiosde, feels like her personality is really coming through this season which is great.

The backstory so far has been good but the animation in this episode was not up to the standars they have set themself.
Sep 2012
Not overly keen on the new VA for Fujimoto - I think the first season was a much better fit - but otherwise a pretty cool episode. They are doing pretty well in sticking to source too, which is always a bonus.

Paul said:

I think it is fairly safe to say we won't get that far. A single cour is enough to cover the current (Impure King) arc and maybe the <spoiler-ish> mini-arc (basically to the end of volume 9 of the manga) if they rush some of the IK arc, but the next big arc and beyond is virtually guarenteed not to happen this season.

Ulquiorra said:
Shiro was really badass.

Yes. Yes he was.
AerosAtarFeb 3, 2017 2:13 PM
Feb 3, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
LawlessL said:
Paul said:

Dude tag it as a spoiler. Most of people here didn't read manga, you're ruining their experience.
Feb 3, 2017 1:49 PM

Dec 2007
What a slow season... I'm getting bored.

And tired of those flashbacks.
Feb 3, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2015
Hmm, flashback on Shirou this time and the next episode as well. To be honest, I'm quite excited for that, since Shirou is such a badass and great character.

Feb 3, 2017 3:42 PM

May 2015
And...nothing important happened...again...i'm getting bored by this season.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 3, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
So, Ryuji's dad and Shiro knew head other before, uhh? Interesting. Let's see what the flashback of the next episode will develop.

The preview makes me think Toudou is going to troll Mamushi pretty bad.
Feb 3, 2017 4:12 PM

Nov 2007
Mugi__nZk said:
tsubasalover said:

I didn't think he's that serious with the current personality (even though we learned he was serious when he was younger in the letter), and just a guess according to his habit of disappearing every night, I thought it's his doing right now (I know it's the present) is the same. Seriously, he's a hard character to understand.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2017 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
Nothing happens: The Anime.

I don't know if i am the only one but imo pacing is really slow. Like reaaally slow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2017 5:51 PM
Jun 2014
Shadzzo said:

I don't know if i am the only one but imo pacing is really slow. Like reaaally slow.

What do you specifically mean with "Nothing happens: The Anime" :O

Is it in terms of action? If so, I can agree(but will change after next episode or maybe even mid episode).

If it's in terms of char development and story, I disagree.
Feb 3, 2017 7:44 PM

Sep 2016
Shadzzo said:

You are VERY wrong. It's showing the world of Kyoto, the Kyoto branch and the characters in that sect. If the Anime skipped all that we'd be confused of what was going on and we'd have a crappy adaptation. This is build-up and character development. Everything in an Anime doesn't revolve around action; it's the characters and the world that creates the atmosphere if there was no characters or world we'd have no Anime.
Feb 3, 2017 9:51 PM

Aug 2012
Would like a series with Fujimoto as the main.
Feb 3, 2017 10:39 PM

Oct 2016
Demon0fAnime said:
Shadzzo said:

You are VERY wrong. It's showing the world of Kyoto, the Kyoto branch and the characters in that sect. If the Anime skipped all that we'd be confused of what was going on and we'd have a crappy adaptation. This is build-up and character development. Everything in an Anime doesn't revolve around action; it's the characters and the world that creates the atmosphere if there was no characters or world we'd have no Anime.

So you didn't read the "imo"? He is indeed correct to my point of view, the show is going really slow. As it is, it has nothing to do with the points you said, Character development? You don't do that with only flashbacks and fillers, makes no sense. It's all about how the story goes, as an adaptation, they are just adding more and more flashbacks and this episode just felt like filler, making it progress really slow. At least that's my view in all this.
Feb 4, 2017 12:14 AM

Jun 2013
amazing flashback and wow they knew each other from before?
Feb 4, 2017 1:47 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting twist with the Koma Sword belonging to the Myoda Sect originally and all, but what does that actually mean in practice? I guess we'll find out next week, but until then that's the main thing I'm curious about from this episode.
Feb 4, 2017 3:25 AM
Jun 2014
Shiraishiku said:

So you didn't read the "imo"? He is indeed correct to my point of view, the show is going really slow. As it is, it has nothing to do with the points you said, Character development? You don't do that with only flashbacks and fillers, makes no sense. It's all about how the story goes, as an adaptation, they are just adding more and more flashbacks and this episode just felt like filler, making it progress really slow. At least that's my view in all this.

So adding 2 filler flashbacks makes the whole episode filler? I don't see your point tbf.
Feb 4, 2017 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Yay Shiro! Interesting how the sword came to be, now we are getting half way through the series, i hope the story picks up the pace and that the gang will stop avoiding Rin.
Feb 4, 2017 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
Boring episode as always.

2/5
Taito10Feb 4, 2017 7:26 AM
Feb 4, 2017 8:36 AM

Jun 2016
Decent episode, kinda hoped we'd get more Rin action though in this season...
Feb 4, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2016
Shiraishiku said:
Demon0fAnime said:

I don't know know what 'imo' means. Sorry if I was too blunt, but I agree that the continuous flashbacks from season 1 do feel like that AI isn't trying to put their all into those scenes and is just grabbing the premade stuff from season 1. I have to disagree though that the rest of the anime is good because it's getting enough world building and development while a lot of adaptions seem to skim over that. What I mean by that is we see what's in the Kyoto sect; we see Shima, Suguro and Konekomaru's conflict with their family and problems. This Arc is mainly about friendship and them overcoming the hardships of Rin being the son of Satan so a lot of drama suits this season in my opinion.
Demon0fAnimeFeb 4, 2017 8:53 AM
Feb 4, 2017 7:38 PM

May 2016
Im the only one who see Lelouch face when Yukio speeks ?
Feb 4, 2017 8:05 PM
Oct 2016
FINALLY! YUKIO IS BACK!
That moment when Rin cannot read the letter though... pretty hilarious.
Feb 5, 2017 12:30 AM

Oct 2013
How many times are they going to show the flashback of Rin? LOL

I'm glad we got some background information this episode
Feb 5, 2017 7:06 AM

Aug 2011
Shadzzo said:

THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one, like... seriously, 5 episodes of discussing stuff and traitors and whatever. Where's my shnuen with fights.

Jakubajk said:
Im the only one who see Lelouch face when Yukio speeks ?

LOL ME

» Escapism.

Feb 5, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2016
Interesting backstory, Fujimoto's entranced was badass. Seems like Bon's father don't want Bon to be involved with the Myoda secret.
Feb 5, 2017 8:36 AM

Nov 2012
Pure Shit: The Anime continues.....

Episode 5 was the same boring shit as the other 4. Can't wait to see what happens in episode 6.
Feb 5, 2017 1:29 PM
Jun 2014
Naxrrhid said:
Pure Shit: The Anime continues.....

Episode 5 was the same boring shit as the other 4. Can't wait to see what happens in episode 6.

Ash never wins the league, because they want to dragg on the story with the same shit each sequel. But let me just be biased and give Pokemon a 7 lol.

Can't wait for Ash to become a pokemon master after Pokemon anime becomes irrelevant :D
Feb 5, 2017 4:32 PM
Jan 2017
The latest episode for ao no exorcist was quite a bit of a hanger i like the fact that they left us hanging it left us wanting to know more, but i was really angry if that they could have added another secret i would have cooled off.
the demonic blade belonging to the suguro clan mind blowing
Feb 6, 2017 1:10 AM

Oct 2011
Omg the Koma Sword belongs to Miyoda sect omg.
SHIRO 😭😭
Feb 6, 2017 7:04 AM
Jul 2016
weebna said:
I have a feeling that when Todo doesn't need Mamushi anymore he is going kill her... And now that he has the right eye and the left eye that won't be really far away...

Loved the episode and the flashback. Can't wait to see more of the connection between Bon's father and Rin's father

THE SAME OF YOU
Sakura uchiha Sasu💗saku💗 forever
♪v(⌒o⌒)v♪
I love draw anime Anime 😍is my life
(●′ω`●) So keep calm and love anime like me 😜
Feb 6, 2017 7:07 AM
Jul 2016
IT WAS REALLY AN AMAZING EPISODE I REALLY ENJOYED WHEN I SAW IT *.* AND I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEST EP BECAUSE IT WILL BE ABOUT BON's FATHER AND RIN'S FATHER
Sakura uchiha Sasu💗saku💗 forever
♪v(⌒o⌒)v♪
I love draw anime Anime 😍is my life
(●′ω`●) So keep calm and love anime like me 😜
Feb 6, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
I hate it when an episode finishes mid flashback. At least this is starting to get interesting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

85 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

77 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.