Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion

Feb 9, 2017 8:09 PM

Takuan_Soho said:
MasterHavik said:
When you put that way.....holy shit that was very well done on their part!

Studio Nutt. Trigger is Little Witch Academia which is great in its own way. Nutt it seems was formed by former Madhouse employees who left explicitly because they wanted to adapt this animation. If this is true, then kudos to them, as Trigger likes to claim, they have saved animation.

Not sure how this book has held up as history since I read it far too many years ago (more than I would ever admit), but
https://www.amazon.com/Social-History-Machine-Gun/dp/0801833582

Is a great read towards understanding this series. Tanya certainly has read it, as her comments about "not even experiencing machine gun fire" showed.

Edit: ah sorry, noticed that your comment about Trigger was NOT in your comment. Apologies! But since I like the story I am not going to correct it!
lol it's okay. Thanks for the reading material.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.

Feb 9, 2017 10:20 PM

I just have a slight feeling that Rerugen or Tanya's assistant, one of those two will pull the trigger on Tanya. Like I can't expect a good ending for Tanya because this is a somewhat serious military anime.

Feb 10, 2017 11:57 PM

Wooohoo! still epic as ever!!!
Tanya is really a devil commander! no mercy!
why is it they are the only ones dominating!? This should have a plot that there's other forces stronger than them...they'll just only win...no intense hypeness in there...
5/5!

Feb 12, 2017 3:17 AM

Holy crap, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop the whole time. I was expecting a trap from Dakia but no, they truly were that naive and inept.

Feb 12, 2017 9:59 PM

That scene where the magicians defeat the enemy behind the magic barriers was totally awsome. As a war complement Tanya is great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 13, 2017 5:25 AM

More than deepen the knowledge of Tanya directly, the narrative describes his character indirectly, using military tactics as an example. Overall, the pace is good and will not be bored. I had the impression that you wanted to make an ambush against him, but it was just my illusion, it was just a ploy put in place from the upper floors, and the cruel Tanya.

Feb 17, 2017 11:25 AM

one-sided battle.
it would be boring tho if it was only a one sided battle.
well you know what makes it wasn't boring at all. it was mainly the character.
that man, literally, completely messed up all around his mind. especially that ending. when he announced it like a child prank, i thought he was just playing a around, wasting sometime with that stupid things that he did at that moment at least what i think. but actually he did that to make the enemy on the spot feel more at least, to know that it's actually just a child prank but the trust it wasn't. that was just completely messed up in my opinion as a character personality and i like it xD

this one sided battle looks way more amusing with him/her around seriously in my opinion even tho it sounds like im the one who got messed up in the brain too.

looking foward to the next episode. at least a little bit more struggle but then it's still a one sided battle would be more "lovely" lol. i just used word lovely. i think i got crazy because of the character xD

Feb 19, 2017 1:11 AM

Tanya's warning was so cute and then she destroyed them ^^

Feb 24, 2017 10:34 PM
Anyone else notice that the speech she gave to the recruits after completeing one month was from the movie full metal jacket? Just a cool Easter egg movie came out 30years ago

https://youtu.be/mBz8ywqPyRE
"If it exists, I'll find it! Even if it doesn't!"

Feb 26, 2017 4:40 PM

I get the impression that Tanya didn't want the recruits to make it through the month. LMAO

That last part, she didn't want them to evacute... that was great!

Feb 27, 2017 7:46 AM

man i admire tanya as a character and protagonist so much. breath of fresh air for sure
Objectivity in art doesnt exist.

I eat ass

Mar 3, 2017 3:05 AM

Tanya really train her soldiers in the hard mode.t

Mar 5, 2017 7:14 AM
omg the announcement xD That voice caught me slightly off guard

Mar 16, 2017 6:24 PM

Alexanderrb31 said:
Anyone else notice that the speech she gave to the recruits after completeing one month was from the movie full metal jacket? Just a cool Easter egg movie came out 30years ago

https://youtu.be/mBz8ywqPyRE

Three words:

R Loli Ermey
Modified by Ralonzo, Mar 16, 2017 6:34 PM

Mar 27, 2017 8:00 PM

The warning announcement was really cute! Maybe she will have more opportunities to speak on the radio :P

Apr 7, 2017 9:43 AM

I LOVE HER WARNING SPEECH SHE PWNED DAKIA HUEHUEHUE

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”

Apr 7, 2017 2:07 PM

Things sure are about to get big! Really nice episode, let's see what's next.

May 2, 2017 5:46 PM

Did something similar happen to Romania in WWI? I hope we get to see the counterpart to Yugoslavia, Serb shooting Archduke was were it began in our world.

May 10, 2017 1:57 PM

Tanya (or whoever she/he is inside lol) is such a savage and I love it!! There have been so many ridiculous moments (in a good way) and it's hella' entertaining to watch. xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .

May 15, 2017 2:20 AM
Wish they focused some more.
But I guess 20 minutes limits it.

Mainly saying this cause the manga chapter had a lot of pages.

May 21, 2017 7:36 PM

Damn, sucks for Dakia :((( I was expecting a couple unexpected comebacks, but they just never stood a chance v___v

Jul 27, 2017 6:47 AM

Just as I was getting suspicious of the new guy sending the new recruits home, turns out that he was just an illusion made by Tanya.

I can't help but laugh when Viktoriya proceeded to dig a hole for herself in the background while sadistic Tanya is talking to the dazed others xD It's impressive that none of them died under her guide because if they try to bite the dust, she'll just bring them back to life to let you continue lmao

Seeing Dakia be so incompetent by having no air force and not hiding their messages made me certain that they're gonna pull something off when they get down but them actually having outdated af tactics really surprised me. Happy Birthday, Tanya and Tamaya for the fireworks~

Her International War message was so adorable that I couldn't help but smile so hard even if she's leading a battalion that will blow up an arms factory ♥

Aug 9, 2017 9:15 PM

I almost felt sorry for Dakia! And couldn't help but feel that they weren't actually a threat?

Plus I loved that broadcast lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Sep 18, 2017 10:25 AM

Frick. No wonder Viktoriya sounds so familiar because she has the same seiyuu as Jabami Yumeko. I'm freaking out. Hahahaha!

Holy shit. That was a fucking amazing episode. My fave so far! That sort of audition scene was hilarious. Jeez. A lot of people were interested to join the deathly battalion -- I mean Tanya's first battalion despite the DEATHLY warnings. Lmfao. Out of 39 sets, 33 failed, then only 12 people passed? Byeeee!

Is it just me who noticed that one of those guys in the photos look like the person who pushed Tanya at the train? Lmao.

The training, maaan. Jesus, Tanya, but it's for the battalion itself and afterwards they all survived that hellish training. Congratulations, Major Tanya! I wasn't expecting that they're gonna shoot THAT HELLA AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHAT THE FUCK! THAT'S A LOT! When they're shooting them down, they look like ants. Lmfao.

What a great present on Tanya's birthday since their mission or their live-fire training exercise (even though it's their actual deployment and THIS IS WAR lmfao) was a success.

Slay, Tanya's First Battalion, slay!

I really love her facial expressions. Ugh. I love you, Tanya! When she started speaking in moe-ish. Haha cutie. "I didn't know you had theater experiecence, Major!" PFFFFFFFFT!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS EPISODE. GAAAAAH!
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Nov 6, 2017 7:48 AM

Tanya's child voice announcement though

Jan 14, 2018 9:22 PM

Definitely the best episode so far!

We see Tanya's leadership in the best way possible! I love Viktoriya's digging hole before Tanya even said anything, because she knew what's gonna happen.

And I love, love the part where Tanya went full "childish" so that they can destroy everything while still abiding by the law. I also love the part where all the soldiers respected her and knew what they're getting for joining her battalion.

Jan 19, 2018 12:50 AM

I feel sorry for Dakia. They have no aerial units whatsoever, their comms are easily intercepted and look at their uniforms looks like from the French revolution. And they have the audacity to invade. I think there's more to this, they can't be that dumb.

Feb 4, 2018 10:30 PM

i never read the LN, but hell, Dakia is indeed never stood a chance, their comm and technology is just very weak. the map is just like Austria-Hungary but way too small, i thought it was Bulgaria or Romania.

Tanya is just very badass in this episode, she’s truly a very brutal but competent leader, and that warning is just really caught them off guard.

this is a very good episode indeed, 10/10 not enough Tanya cute voice.

Nov 1, 2018 5:56 PM

Tanya is so damn amusing to watch, lol.

Loved her warning, that was really fair play :)
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 4, 4:41 PM

the child voice broadcast, they knew they screwed up in thinking it was a prank the moment they saw the light lool

Mar 17, 6:35 AM
Review Moderator
Fairy Tale

Lmao that announcement was pure savagery. Good display of dark humor right there.

This episode reminds me of the time I used to play Empire Earth II with my friend. I'd build everything except air units, and my friend would take advantage of this by raining my base with gunships and bombers. A wake-up call for me that air superiority trumps all.

Apr 9, 8:42 PM

Man! She’s a bloodthirsty little wench! Lol

Apr 10, 5:53 PM
skyUFO said:
She's a true leader! That warning speech aimed at the enemy base near the end lol... Made them think it was a child's prank!
Can someone explain why she used to speech to put them off guard? Couldn't she have taken control of the city with less casualties? I'm guessing it's so that they can't build anymore weapons, but all that killing kind of seems senseless

Apr 11, 8:33 AM

BlossomBurst said:
skyUFO said:
She's a true leader! That warning speech aimed at the enemy base near the end lol... Made them think it was a child's prank!
Can someone explain why she used to speech to put them off guard? Couldn't she have taken control of the city with less casualties? I'm guessing it's so that they can't build anymore weapons, but all that killing kind of seems senseless

You can't take control of a city with 48 peoples. You need regular soldier regiments, which they obviously didn't have nearby. Their strike was akin to bombarding/destroying targets important strategically (here, armaments factories) before leaving.
However, this is bombing a civilian area, so without a speech she could have been accused of war crimes (as pointed out in an earlier episode when she answered the teacher's question in school on who takes responsibilities).

Apr 11, 5:53 PM
Zefyris said:
BlossomBurst said:

You can't take control of a city with 48 peoples. You need regular soldier regiments, which they obviously didn't have nearby. Their strike was akin to bombarding/destroying targets important strategically (here, armaments factories) before leaving.
However, this is bombing a civilian area, so without a speech she could have been accused of war crimes (as pointed out in an earlier episode when she answered the teacher's question in school on who takes responsibilities).
Oh, thanks. I'm glad people are still responding

Apr 24, 2:29 PM
man, tanya is just so savage, i love it.
That warning speech tho. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

I'm just sad that I couldn't listen to the awesome ED again :(

Jun 5, 9:54 AM

OH BOY THIS EPISODE WAS FUN TO WATCH. Tanya surely showed her savagery in this episode, so BRUTAL. That part when she made it look like a kid's prank is hilarious.

Jul 6, 6:59 AM

She was delaying forming the mage battalion so she took every action to that effect. Failing at failure made it a success unfortunately, how ironic! LOL

What the hell, the Dakians really invaded with that style and doctrine of an army? I see why she's so surprised.

Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.

Sep 7, 8:10 PM

Tanya train her troops really hard. Its harder in Manga and LN though. She though of a way to train them so that they could pull out one by one. Instead she made an elite of the elite battalion. The humor and irony in this

Tanya: Wait, we should follow the laws of war by announcing it, but I would sound so childish in telling them so that they would not take this seriously. hehehehe
AND FIREEE

Oct 7, 4:11 PM
lol the first failure we see what pretty funny with the chick dropping the bag. How the hell did this army think they would win with zero aerial support. They basically committed suicide. I know tanya was just using a loop hole to do an attack on the city, but im legit surprised she even bothered with one at all.

Oct 26, 7:58 PM

Extremely underwhelming fight since the other side did nothing. And the CG was worse than Berserk 2016. At least the scene near the end was pretty funny.
Also this.

Nov 1, 5:52 PM
Lol @ Tanya warning the other side about attack - using cute childlish voice. "They seem to think it's a kid's prank" :D
*Tanya stares angrily and mages back off quietly*

While Empire seems to be WW1 Germany, Dakia... seems to be stuck in Napoleonic wars era. They simply don't have any chance against more technologically advanced soldiers, guided by remorseless sociopathic loli.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]