Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 15, 2017 12:34 AM

Jul 2015
Boy oh boy, this anime really places many thoughts in my mind. Man wouldn't that teacher be better off as a prostitute or something, geez... she's so cruel haha. I really want to like Akane, but she's just too cruel.. As for Ecchan.. I guess you could say that Ecchan is very ecchi..................................................................................................
sorry i wont tell another joke ever i promise
But Hanabi is just way too nice. I'm really not a big fan of Ecchan for taking advantage of Hanabi like that, fulfilling her selfish desires despite already know how Hanabi feels.. welp.

caught in the wonder
Mar 15, 2017 5:44 PM

Dec 2012
As if this couldn't get any heavier...this show is chock full of damage and scars.
Mar 15, 2017 9:29 PM

Nov 2013
I started watching this series because of curiosity. Some said it was awful, so I didn't have great expectations. But what I did find was what might be a realistic portrayal of how young Japanese see romance. It could be an intimate look inside a taboo area of Japanese life.

Also, I found that, rather than a lot of silly 'fan service', the series takes a more sincere look at the topic, and the art is quite lovely, including the scene transitions. It is tastefully done.

I don't know where this is going, and there could be some nastiness in the future for these women, but the anticipation is part of the enjoyment.
Mar 19, 2017 10:42 AM
Feb 2016
I'm so glad that both Hanabi and the music teacher is so frontal about their personal thoughts and desire without having to 'purposefully' avoiding an obvious thing. Eroo~~~ Although I kinida like Hanabi and Ecchan scene and both are just accepting the situation as is to fulfill their desire but I can't help and worry if this is going to be a good development for their friendship. It'll be great if they can still remain as friends but what if they can't? And since Hanabi is relying on Ecchan in this episode does it mean she's not gonna rely on Mugi anymore? Or depending on situation she'll go to Mugi?

I feel like the relationship they all have now seems to remind me of a show/story I've encountered before but I just can't seem to remember -_-.....
Mar 24, 2017 7:37 PM

May 2015
tf am i watching. so many emotions. not sure if i can handle it xd
Mar 26, 2017 5:26 PM

Aug 2010
Getting pleasure of having men (who are considered "valued" when someone has a crush on them) just to dispose of them and enjoy the despair of those girls...NASTY

Then again if she has only interest in those men when they are valued by other girls as soon as said girls despair and disappear she will lose interest and so goes the cycle...FUCKED UP

The yuri relation is awkward as fuck and so painful to watch
Mar 31, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2012
Oh boy this is rather getting complex, that teacher sure has quite the strange mentality in terms of "love", but well that ending sure was intense!

Really interesting development in general, not as harsh as I thought it would be, but rather nice to see these relations develop.
Apr 3, 2017 11:14 PM

May 2013
lolol at least Kanai-sensei himself knows that he is boring LOLOLOL

Oh, Ecchan D;>
Apr 8, 2017 11:10 PM

Jan 2014
I only watch because of lewdness..
my heart wasn't ready for this..

I just feel really bad for Kanai, being played by those succubus music teacher.

it's like I want to jump in to the story and mess everything up..
If I have a twisted beautiful teacher like her I would DO her, fucking her brain out.
Apr 9, 2017 11:12 AM
Jul 2015
I guess akane is not virgin anymore right? Lol
Apr 20, 2017 12:53 AM

Apr 2015
I see all those comments saying it was hot and shit but I simply couldn't enjoy it while I knew this shit is fucked up.

Ecchan should have just backed the fack off from Hanabi >.>.
Apr 28, 2017 12:41 PM

Apr 2012
Akane a rather realistic whore 4 anime standards unfortunately all this heavy emotional drama im going blank 2, been ampathetic kinda kills the show......
May 5, 2017 1:06 PM
Oct 2016
Why is there so many people that say this anime is garbage and that the characters aren't relatable? This anime is great and if someone says the characters aren't relatable they haven't been in a situation like that. The story sends a strong message that tells you that love isn't simple and it is diffrent for everyone. In short please don't write a review about this anime saying that this is shit unless you know or fell what love and loneliness is like
May 31, 2017 5:22 AM

Mar 2015
Safe to say Akane has the upper hand in all of this!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 21, 2017 7:59 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
:))))))))) damnnnnnnn........!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 9, 2017 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Lust is truly an ugly sin.

Hana has it in her head that SHE took advantage of Ecchan; of course, it's only natural to feel self-deprecative. It's her best friend. But Ecchan is really the one that's taking advantage of Hana. Ecchan knows that Hana loves somebody else--that she's more or less a pure girl who is very troubled. Didn't matter to her, though; she was going to defile her regardless. Ecchan is a nasty character.

And there is no nastier character than that of the slut teacher. This is one sadistic bitch. Deriving hedonism from the jealousy of others, just despicable.

This is what happens to a people so engulfed in sexual pleasure. It rewards with nothing but self-indulgence and broken souls.

iVanz said:
I guess akane is not virgin anymore right? Lol

Personally, I think that if it isn't intercourse then she's still a virgin. Just fingering is hardly sex.
Oct 17, 2017 4:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
As a twisted person myself, I have to say, I love how twisted this plot is getting, it also helps that it is realistic to a certain degree.
Nov 7, 2017 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
ok its official this sensei is a worse then a whore

i feel bad for the other sensei cause i read that hes gonna marry this whore
Dec 19, 2017 8:09 AM

May 2015
The real Bitch-sensei.

Yuri stuff cumming all the way
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 23, 2018 5:07 PM

Aug 2014
damn! the characters in this anime are so crazy? wicked? hurt in head? :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 7, 2018 1:58 AM
Feb 2018
I can't wait for Hanabi to level up her scumness. Can't wait to see Hanabi vs Akane in their final scummy showdown!
Jan 5, 2019 8:35 PM
Aug 2017
Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch!Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch!Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch!Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch! Akane bitch!
God damn it!!! I have lost faith in Females now!!!!!
Mar 4, 2019 2:18 AM

Feb 2018
Holy hell lmfao what a great episode i unironicaly like akane lol. She points out how hanabi is similar to her.

Hanabi is so hypocritic, she took advantage of ecchan's feelings to fill her void and calls out akane for what she's doing. The main cast really live up to the show's name. Things about to get really spiced up now
Apr 7, 2019 7:24 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So she's just a sadistic evil witch by nature, common trope in shallow shows, but her argument of “being desired by men is a great feeling” is technically true, and so is “being desired by women”, or whatever you're into, just please don't let it be a helicopter and you know there has to be folks out there that claim to be Helisexual, God, what has happened to humanity.
Literally, every person in this Anime is a sneaky hypocrite aside from Kanai (unless there was a story behind him that's yet to be told), and that concerns Hanabi and Ecchan as well.
I really love this quirk the show is making use of, the lengthy monologues of different characters throughout the episode and their tied flashbacks really help brings everything full circle and shows multiple perspectives and nt just the main character's.
Apr 30, 2019 3:10 AM
May 2010
People complaining about the teacher's behavior being unbelievable. And yet, something popular like Hunter x Hunter and Tokyo Ghoul have the same unbelievable and exaggerated characters, and nobody blink an eye.

Bitch please.
May 30, 2019 12:08 AM

Jun 2012
I dont like any of the characters in this
Oct 12, 2019 5:47 AM

Oct 2013
fuck Akane. I hope she gets kidnapped, sold into prostitution, develops a crippling drug addiction that forces her to fall in love with a mentally and physically abusive pseudo-pimp that keeps her around explicitly for the money she earns as a prostitute that he soaks for his own drug addiction, and finally commits accidental suicide in some wretched unkempt bathroom in a pitiful attempt to abort her own mystery fetus. fuck Akane.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 18, 2019 8:17 PM
Nov 2018
Zadion said:
fuck Akane. I hope she gets kidnapped, sold into prostitution, develops a crippling drug addiction that forces her to fall in love with a mentally and physically abusive pseudo-pimp that keeps her around explicitly for the money she earns as a prostitute that he soaks for his own drug addiction, and finally commits accidental suicide in some wretched unkempt bathroom in a pitiful attempt to abort her own mystery fetus. fuck Akane.

Ok, tell me how you REALLY feel, Zadion!
Dec 18, 2019 8:25 PM
Nov 2018
This is a fascinating show, and also one that has my stomach twisting in knots. Everyone in this is going to end up unhappy and alone at the end. These people are each broken in their way and are taking advantage of each other because of it. Akane is pretty much the most out and out bad character at this point. She is a grade-A narcissist and is just being bad to people for fun. Everyone else is doing it out of pain or love or loneliness. Ecchi has been suffering from unrequited love and has let herself get so hurt that despite loving Hanabi, she is willing to take advantage and possibly hurt her just to soothe herself and get what she has so desired. Negative emotions can cause otherwise good people to do bad things and I think we are going to see these characters all collapse because of it.
Feb 26, 2020 12:49 PM
Feb 2020
My thoughts on episode 4 of this anime and the anime up to episode 4

Hanabi girl, save up some yen and hire a professional assasin or something.

Mar 9, 2020 10:30 AM

Sep 2019
now the anime goes downhill, anyway i laughed a lot this episode, everyone sucks in this anime
Mar 9, 2020 10:33 AM

Sep 2019
Zadion said:
haahahahaha so good man but imo it would be better than henshin
Jun 4, 2020 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
Yuri sex scene, eh? It did not have nudity, but it was suggestive as hell, lol.

I saw many negative comments about that teacher. I won't act like a whiteknight, but first thing: many women act like her (they want to have guys orbiting around them), and the second thing it was Kanai's choice to become a simp. I wonder if he will find out that he was being cucked all the time, lol.
Aug 13, 2020 12:53 AM

Mar 2020
ahhaha wtf is this shit?
Minagawa is a crazy, manipulative, selfish bitch, MC too is not far from her, personalitywise.
This was supposed to be fun, now I'm just laughing at the absurdity of things.

p.s. that lesbian scene was hella awkward.
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Aug 20, 2020 4:29 PM

Jan 2010
Scum's Wish is surprisingly interesting. It's probably one most sexually frustrated love polygons I've seen, as well as a love polygon with probably the most introspection I've seen. Its major flaw might be Akane herself, as she seems to the solitary catalyst for everything going wrong in the show. I'd prefer for each character to be the driving force of their own misfortune somehow, as it makes removing Akane's a simple fix to most of the show's problems.

Regardless, Scum's Wish has a lot of displays of sexual affection, sexual frustration, and outright sex for purposes other than romance. Everyone wants to love and be loved, but those those are poisoned by underlying feelings of self-abhorrence, jealousy, envy, guilt, or some sadistic pleasure in hurting others. Though, the most interesting trait I've would probably be the desire to share pain.

In other shows, I would criticize the abundant use of inner monologues, but it works in Scum's Wish, especially during sexual scenes. They help break up and interrupt those scenes, reminding viewers that the show is primarily a drama, and that sexual gratification for the characters are constantly interrupted by their own dark thoughts, which is then reflected with the viewers.

These characters are troubled in all manner of ways, and I appreciate the show for going out of its way to display how the characters feel as they're breaking themselves down.
Jan 5, 2021 3:10 AM

Jan 2018
Wow, that Akane is really a bitch. Isn't she.
Feb 17, 2021 7:03 AM

Nov 2020
Great episode, I love this dark romance series
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Apr 10, 2021 9:27 AM

Mar 2021
I understand that Hanabi cares about Ecchan but I think she's really digging herself in a hole by going so far to please her. Ecchan shouldn't go taking advantage of her either. Thay friendship won't last long now.
Hanabi is toying with people just like Akane although maybe not on purpose (?). Not much better in my opinion. But I really can't stand Akane... so evil!
Jun 17, 2021 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
She belongs to the street’s
Mar 7, 2022 9:58 PM

Jul 2021
Man Akane is straight off a manizer, then again scum is a scum.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 5, 2022 6:21 AM
Oct 2021
"come"... u hear that? "come" there it is again, i think the streets are calling for her to go back to where she belongs
Nov 27, 2022 6:48 PM
Jan 2016
I was not expecting Akane to be this big time villain, but that she is. What a cruel individual.

Hanabi felt like she was taking advantage of Ecchan, but if anything I felt it was the other way around, Ecchan was taking advantage of Hanabi's guilt over not having feelings for her and because of caring for her as a friend.

So Hanabi's brother likes Akane because his mother died a long time ago, her hair is all he can remember about her, and Akane reminds him of that. Sigh. Can't the reason simply be because Akane is really beautiful? In a show that already has the rather ewww plot point of our protagonist being in love with her (step?) brother, now we have to have him liking Akane because she reminds him of his mom?

Poor Mugi, I don't think he showed up in this episode at all.
Jan 15, 2023 7:06 AM
Aug 2010
hmm for some reason it is getting a bit too over the top for me.
Until episdoe 3 all actions were kinda understandable and reasonable in some sense, but now it's getting too much out of hand for me. This is the first episode I truely think most of the characters are just scum :d  I mean the desire to get men is not the problem, there are quite a few persons out there irl as well, but trying to steal the desirable other of your studens as a teacher seems waaay to unrealistic.  She would get probably much more men in a different job. I am kinda curious why she thought being a teacher is the best job for her desires
Jan 16, 2023 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
Evil people just exist like that. Based arc incoming from hannabi? also why's she so fucked up?
Feb 2, 2023 7:45 PM

Sep 2018
Teacher is one of those goddamn home wreckers 

I love the amount of inner monologue, the nuanced introspection from the large cast of characters and the sublime directing on display, just getting a little too contrived with the whole polygon link chart

Anime exudes realism, only for it to spiral down the melodramatic route for "best entertainment" purposes. These people are pretty shitty, I get it lol
Apr 12, 2023 11:34 PM
Apr 2023
qeu se armen los pinches chingadazos
Jul 1, 2023 8:48 PM
Jan 2017
"What is love anyway. Does anybody love anybody anyway."

This old song came back to me as I watched this episode. The way the main female characters are always thinking/doubting/denying love.
And so far, we have not gotten that kind of thinking from the male characters.
Jul 21, 2023 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Bitch sensei is the cause of all drama 😡
The other innocent sensei deserve a better kanojo than those two..
Girls love, what makes this anime even worst 🥱😱😑😔
If this is hentai anime it would be different..
Hentai + girls love + drama love polygon it would be epic..
But, this categorize as a "normal" anime.. And even the thumbnails looks "normal"..

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.