Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2016
If you are searching for MAL users, you can find the users who were recently online, you can find users by their location, by their age and by their gender. Wouldn't it be nice if you also would be able to find users by their birthday?

I mean people who actually fill in their birthday on MAL might enjoy getting random happy-birthday-wishes from other users they didn't know before and when you're in a good mood it might be nice to wish some of your fellow anime watchers a happy birthday, not just only your friends if it's their birthday.

Also, if you're searching for a friend but you don't know this person's location or age it might be helpful if you could search for users by their birthday [as in just the month and the day, not especially the year sice you can fill in the age].

In short I think it would be nice if we could search for users by their birthday.

Ps, Warn me when I'm being stupid and when it turns out that this is already possible.
I like bad endings

Jan 31, 2017 6:52 AM

Oct 2014
lmao, that's a very specific request. And no I do not want to randomly wish some strangers 'a happy birthday'. Birthdays are nothing more than a normal day anyway. I am not even sure if people want it or not but my vote is a no.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 31, 2017 8:23 AM

Sep 2016
It's nice to wish someone but this suggestion seems kinda useless/pointless to me & would be a waste of developers time & effort.
Feb 1, 2017 3:40 AM

Apr 2016
Stupid suggestion. Why birthday? We have searching by age.
Anime List「Anime stats → Completed 1 Thousand」
Feb 2, 2017 5:28 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
SenpieX said:
It's nice to wish someone but this suggestion seems kinda useless/pointless to me & would be a waste of developers time & effort.
^ that

More topics from this board

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
7 hours ago

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.