Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode. We get more showcase of Makishima's ability as he is acknowledged by Onoda and the others.

Ashikiba is lacking confidence but I'm glad that he has others that supports him.
The competition also reminded me of the previous seasons and that is very intense. Naruko once again impresses me with his fiery personality.
Jan 30, 2017 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
Of course Onoda was going to take it! but the sprinters was as close as i expected with Sohoku being way above the pack! I always like the thoughts of the characters during the races.
EbianJan 30, 2017 11:21 AM
Jan 30, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as usual.

Onoda won, well I was expecting that. Was nice of Teshima to motivate Onoda using Makishima. I'm really glad they kept the old OST, Hearing that Sakamichi OST always makes me smile. :)

On the other side we have Fukutomi motivating Akshiba, we get Akshiba's backstory as well.

Sprinter race was great and really intense, I kinda wanted more though. Ossan Jin beat out out aspiring junior Sprinters in his final race as part of the Souhoku team.
Pretty sweet wrap up with Jin and Kinjou leaving the team, can't wait to see Souhoku development now.

Meanwhile, still waiting for that Midousuji appearance.

That post credit scene. XD Poor Aoyagi and Naruko, Ossan beats them everywhere. xD
Jan 30, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
On the other side we have Fukutomi motivating Akshiba, we get Akshiba's backstory as well.

Gotta say I kinda thought Fuku was a bit of a dick to Ashikiba in this one, but I guess he's just motivating him in his own way!

I also thought it was really cute how much Onoda admired Makishima / is beginning to copy his mannerisms.
Jan 30, 2017 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
I wasn't so sure Onoda is going to win,unlike other people...i mean,before this episode. It was indeed obvious a bit into the episode.

Teshima is going to note down into his journal that Onoda's body got hot when he was watching him ride.

Koga!!

i miss Manami
Jan 30, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2013
Onoda won the climb and Tadokoro won the sprint.
Jan 30, 2017 2:25 PM
Mar 2016
Onoda Won the race
i think if he on prime form, he will broke Makishima Minegayama Climb Record

And Yeah After That Epic Scene Imaizumi and Naruko LOL
Well Naruko will be tested for now
but he will become awesome more than Imaizumi
Third Year too Strong for Sohoku Junior
Even on Hill and Flat
NdanHMJan 30, 2017 2:29 PM
Jan 30, 2017 3:04 PM
Feb 2015
yes how it is supposed to be Onoda winning and the senpai showing how its done
Jan 30, 2017 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
those 20 minutes sure went by quickly, well done YowaPeda :D

my fav moment of the episode was Onoda finally snapping out of his "depression" and finally starting to ride seriously again! Can't wait for next Monday~
Jan 30, 2017 5:37 PM

Sep 2015
If they have fewer members to practice with , it means either recruit new ppl or challenge other schools.
Jan 30, 2017 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
ONADA KUNNNNNNN!
Jan 30, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2015
Somehow the another story of Ashikiba is the most "imprint" in my mind of this episode than Naruko's win. Oh well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 31, 2017 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
You know, I'm assuming these road race events are open to everyone and not just high school students. It would be nice to see an older more experienced, perhaps professional, racer take the lead and surprise everyone. Not just be between a few schools.
Jan 31, 2017 12:11 PM

Jan 2017
RediceRyan said:
You know, I'm assuming these road race events are open to everyone and not just high school students. It would be nice to see an older more experienced, perhaps professional, racer take the lead and surprise everyone. Not just be between a few schools.

I think the races are by age bracket, actually - so a grown adult couldn't participate in the races with high school kids.
Jan 31, 2017 5:30 PM

Aug 2014
Who the fuck's the guy with the glasses??
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 31, 2017 11:09 PM

Sep 2010
I thought that the story would drag the topic of Onoda being overwhelmed with responsibility so it was rather surprising for me that he won.

Still it's good that it wasn't dragged for too long. On the other hand Onoda winning was used to give "Piano guy" some more development so we can look forward to him appearing later on.

In any case time for the segment "we might have won but without senpais the team is in bad shape".
I seen it many times and never got bored of it. Looking forward to new OP first years if there will be any.
Feb 1, 2017 8:55 AM
Oct 2007
Not sure if it was a good choice for Onoda to win because it seems like he was riding at less than 50% of his best? An enjoyable episode otherwise :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2017 11:27 PM

Jun 2011
QuattroVaginas said:

ditto
Immediately noticed that.
Feb 3, 2017 7:55 AM

Sep 2009
QuattroVaginas said:

thank you I thought I was the only one who noticed.
Feb 4, 2017 9:41 PM
Mar 2012
intense stuff Onoda & Tadokoro sprinter trio. Onoda gets inspired by metronome man.
Real ads for Pocari Sweat & Subaru.
Feb 9, 2017 2:49 PM

Oct 2008
Onoda won with a bit of effort!
The sprinters are shining this episode but since this is the last race of Tadokoro they let him won!
So seems like all the 3rd years finally graduated and passed the baton to the remaining Sohoku members!
5/5.

Feb 15, 2017 12:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Onoda win the climbing race!!!! Is nice, but only is a start a future large season!!!!

End this season races, and now arrives the winter!!!! :(
Mar 19, 2017 6:27 PM
Aug 2009

who is the guy on the left???
Mar 22, 2017 8:51 PM
Jan 2017
Lsw said:

who is the guy on the left???

That's Koga. He is now a 3rd year. He was injured last year and couldn't race as a second year. He has been doing bike maintenance for the team per the manga. In the first op for the first season you see him working on a bike in the background behind Teshima and Aoyagi
Apr 26, 2017 7:34 PM

Jan 2015
Teshima becoming my favorite character when he collapsed after the ride and said he is not strong enough, i really felt for him. Second thing that i liked is Onoda and Makishima's relationship. Onoda REALLY LIKES him a lot, he is a really important figure for him. Once Teshima asked if that rider in front of him stronger than Makishima and Onoda remembered Makishima and that was kinda a sad moment :( but it gave motivation for Onoda to win. So Makishima won that race before, he still can't beat Makishima :) I guess it proves that Makishima is the best climber.

Am i the only one who thinks Shinkai is the kindest character in Yowapeda? like he is sooo nice to everyone (and in the flashback to Ashikiba motivating him) Fuku only wants victory, he doesn't like the fact that Hakone academy lost twice to the same opponent, he makes Ashikiba swear that he will win and Ashikiba is on a seventh heaven of happiness, he thought he would be housearrested and he wants to repay Fuku and Shinkai, so he is as motivated as ever to beat Sohoku.

And my favorite part is the race where MA BOI Tadokoro wins. I'm so happy for him that he gets to leave with the win, he doesn't want his kouhais to get too overconfident :D Gotta love Naruko relationship with him, he respects him so much that he wants to win and send Tadokoro off so he knows that Sohoku in safe hands. I loved seeing other Sohoku members to sit back and watch their own team battle, that was nice to see definitely. Btw Tadokoro even beat Naruko and Aoyagi in eating contest xD. Tadokoro unbeatable!

And the sendoff T_T can't believe they are gone T_T what kind of team will it be without them. noooo, but honestly that was a really touching scene with them sending senpais off. I loled when Naruko was imitating Tadokoro, he really respects and likes him after all.
Sep 13, 2017 9:49 PM

Mar 2015
Very nice episode and very fitting sendoff. Sad to see the third years say goodbye but as always, time moves ever forward.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 31, 2020 7:53 AM

Mar 2017
I teared up deep inside when Teshima asked Onoda if Ashikiba is faster and better than Makishima and Onoda suddenly thought of Makishima T___T

It was hilarious when Naruko and Aoyagi were clinging to Tadokoro during the awarding with poker faces hahaha, they look so unsatisfied.

The third years are gone T__T uhHHh

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Oct 21, 2020 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
Not gonna lie, I was excited to see Sugimoto in the Sohoku jersey. I've been low-key hoping he'll level up in this new season.
Jul 27, 2021 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Not often that someone wishes to be shorter, good that Ashikiba changed his mind on that.
Nice goodbye party for Kinjou and Tadokoro but random glasses guy must be confusing for those that don't remember (through conversation) on some members never participating in the training and mostly staying in the background doing maintenance or whatever. I hope Sugimoto just like Teshima and Aoyagi improves instead of staying a bragger with no skills.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

59 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.