Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 28, 2017 8:03 AM

Jun 2015
The anime is not as good as I expected. I read the original work ''Kizumonogatari'' And I just watched the movie part 1 + 2 and it's rushed they cut out some information that brings up the mystery and makes the story way more interesting.

And seeing the anime is just a disappointment to me. I miss a lot of conversations with Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade.

Am I the only one that thinks that this is quite rushed and definitely inferior to the novel?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 11, 2019 3:56 AM
Jan 2018
Every anime or movie ever created is inferior to the novel and manga its based from
Jul 16, 2019 4:49 AM
Nov 2015
Well, i haven't read the novel for kizu yet so i don't know what I'm missing, and i saw all three movies and I think they're fantastic and not rushed at all, people always missuse that word, skipping content from the source material doesn't make it rushed, the narrative become disjointed and confusing does make it rushed which it wasn't.

As far the exchange between araragi and kiss shot i would like more but I'm fine with what we got, it perfectly establishes and builds their relationship thereby making the conflict and the emotions behind it between them impactful and natural.

Honestly, I'm an avid reader but i think all source material readers should be banned from conversation about a adaptation, cause they are unable to remove their biases and judge the adaptation fairly. How good an adaptation is in comparison to the novel is irrelevant to the adaptation's quality.
Jul 16, 2019 4:50 AM
Nov 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Every anime or movie ever created is inferior to the novel and manga its based from
i would argue that the anime bakemonogatari is better than the novel no disrespect to nisio isin.

Plus mob psycho 100, Hunter x Hunter both adaptations, Hyouka etc.
Mar 22, 2020 9:09 PM
Apr 2019
I think just Kizumonogatari II is rushed. I think the other parts are good paced or slow paced. I didn't read the novels (yet), but I really like the rhythm of the anime.
Sep 22, 2021 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
Takamura-sama said:
The anime is not as good as I expected. I read the original work ''Kizumonogatari'' And I just watched the movie part 1 + 2 and it's rushed they cut out some information that brings up the mystery and makes the story way more interesting.

And seeing the anime is just a disappointment to me. I miss a lot of conversations with Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade.

Am I the only one that thinks that this is quite rushed and definitely inferior to the novel?
this post is old as shit but I do think they jump from fight to fight pretty fast. This second movie probably would’ve been better off being an hour and 45ish minutes instead of just over an hour
Jan 1, 2022 3:20 AM

Dec 2020
Nah you're a slowpoke (no offense). The pace is perfectly fine for me.
Feb 1, 2022 2:39 PM
Dec 2020
Yeah I agree
I watched the first two movies, and didnt read LN tho, but I felt it rushed too
Tho first one was verygood and didnt feel something off, this second one was as a dialogou poor, I felt like the narrative was disjointed and confusing, and they turned just from fight to fight. Honestly it was underwhelming for me, maybe because I was much hyped and expected it to be better!!?
This one I rate it 7.5 or at most 8 for enjoying
May 2, 2022 10:52 PM

Jul 2021
i think the pace is actually really good. it feels like people are forgetting this is three shorter parts to a single 'movie'/viewing experience—it's not a standard three-movie trilogy per se. considering such time constraints, of course some things will be cut. but within those constraints it's excellent.
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
May 11, 2022 3:03 PM

Oct 2018
Thank god, you are the only one.
Jul 24, 2022 12:09 AM
Feb 2017
Thank god, you are the only one.(2)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jerkhov - Oct 22, 2016

181 by otakuanity »»
Mar 31, 11:12 PM

» Araragi/Hanekawa's relationship

Rance-sama - Dec 28, 2016

13 by Rob7 »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:38 PM

» Why Oshino Meme always wearing an upside down cross earing and necklace ?

YizelTro - Aug 21, 2016

11 by removed-user »»
Jul 10, 2023 8:38 AM

» Where can I watch this?

IEatAnimeAss - Oct 23, 2019

7 by HotPocketChris »»
Aug 13, 2020 3:59 PM

» Don't get your hopes up to see this one in theaters..

Gattz - Sep 8, 2016

14 by Aplope »»
Jun 27, 2017 2:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.