Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 9:20 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An okay last side story episode for this ova series.
While they're nothing too special they sure were a nice addition.

They don't provide any direct connection to the main story/series other than being some extra side stories, but it's indeed a good idea to watch these after the main series.

All in all a pretty okay ova series!
Mar 7, 2017 7:30 PM

May 2009
LOL all of this was because of a misunderstanding! At least the ghost couple made up :)
Not to mention, how cool that Mendou was able to escape the spirit world through a photo XD
Jun 6, 2019 2:05 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao Cheryy the ultimate ghost expeller.
Feeling sorry for Sakura for having to put up with these idiots.

Ataru slowly trying to loosen up Medou's grip when they were sucked into that weird hole cracked me up.

Jun 17, 2019 10:59 PM

Sep 2014
What an excellent episode this was
One of the better in the whole series, methinks.
I feel like this could have been a series of it's own

Sep 26, 2019 4:35 AM

Oct 2010
Great funny episode, the ghost was damn crazy, breaking up with her bf because she thought he looked at another hot girl. Ataru was a douchbag as always towards mendou, he even sail he loved him lol. And then he had no problems throwing mendou into the spirit world. Now, unto the special and the movie.
Jan 13, 2023 10:54 AM

Jul 2022
FBI moment, also poor Mendou
Dec 28, 2023 1:39 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Here we are at the last OVA episode within the main OVAs, there’s still one more OVA in 2008 that came out but it’s a separate entry. And what a great final episode this was, the art style and animation was very nice in this one, and Tsubame was very underused in the main series so getting more of him is great. The story with this ghost girl Maiko was very funny, loved her over the top reactions to Cherry and Ataru, and of course she had a cute design as well. Poor Sakura was not happy tho lol, she did however finally get her date with Tsubame at the end, I’m glad the lad never gave in to Maiko.

And that final stretch where they were being sucked into the ghost world was chaotic fun, the struggle between Ataru and Mendou was hilarious and I also liked when Ataru was the first to try and save Lum from getting sucked in, little things like that are nice. And of course this was all a misunderstanding, and I kinda called it when they first showed the beautiful lady and her dog that it was actually her dog that Maiko’s boyfriend was looking at lol, but thankfully they cleared things up and returned, and I was also happy Mendou managed to escape the ghost world, I was afraid he was stuck there for good lol.

And now that I’ve finished all the main OVAs, I gotta say these were all a lot of fun, the only downside was that the first two were recaps with a few new scenes but the rest were great episodes and I’m glad they got made after the original show ended. Now all I have left if the final and 6th movie, as well as one more stand alone OVA, let’s finish this strong!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura OVA Episode 3 Discussion

Fronzel - Feb 27, 2015

12 by 0451 »»
Feb 29, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura OVA Episode 10 Discussion

Fronzel - Mar 7, 2015

9 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura OVA Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jan 27, 2017

4 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 27, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura OVA Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jan 27, 2017

6 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:56 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura OVA Episode 7 Discussion

Fronzel - Mar 3, 2015

6 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.